Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 12 - Half wolf

It's the most wonderful time of the year... or is it?...christmas in not the only thing lurking around the corner, as inu and his mate, kag, will learn. Their new foe has many gifts for them, all wrapped in silver bows.

Chapter 12 - Half wolf

Chapter 12 - Half wolf
~*~

"Inu-chan? Inu-chan, wake up," someone whispered in the half-wolf's ear.

"Gmmnmnnnn!" he grumbled back, his face pushed flat against his pillow.

"Inu-chan!" the voice reprimanded, sounding slightly annoyed. "Come on, get up!"

"Whaaaat?!" he snapped, rolling over to glare groggily Kagome, who was dressed and ready to go.

She sighed deeply before kneeling next to him on his mattress.

"I'm going to school now."

"Whoopie."

"Sango's still ill."

"I heard her throw up over Miroku last night."

"But Miroku has to go to school too, so you need to watch her."

"Whatever."

"And I want you to stay out of trouble."

"Please. How much more trouble do you think I could get in?" he scoffed, sitting up and crossing his arms and legs in a classic pout.

His mate shook her head with the smallest of smiles on her face.

But then-

"Oh!" she gasped, swinging her yellow knapsack off her back and throwing it open. "I forgot to show you- - -!"

"Show me. . .?"

"Show you this," she murmured, carefully pulling a gun out of her bag, grasping it between her thumb and index finger.

The silver haired teen's eyes widened a fraction as he held out his hand for the weapon. Kagome gingerly placed the revolver in his grasp, a worried look on her face.

Hissing as the barrel of the gun touched his palm, Inu-Yasha dropped the weapon and rubbed his hands together.

"Silver dust. . ." he growled. "This was Naraku's. . ."

"I know," Kag whispered, resting her chin on her knees as she pulled her legs to her chest. "He must have slipped it into my pocket as I escaped."

"That would explain why the fracking bastard didn't have a weapon with the principal searched for on- - -"

But the half wolf cut himself off, his amber orbs widening a little more as he began chewing bottom lip in thought.

"Inu-Yasha? Inu-Yasha, what is it?"

"Does she really know what's going on. . .?" he whispered to himself, his eyes falling on the window and locking on the gray, cloudy sky.

"What? Who are you talking abou-?"

"The Moon Goddess says 'hi'," he interrupted. "Now hurry, or you'll be late for school."

*

"I'M TIRED OF REST! I WANNA GET UP AND KICK SOME WEREWOLF HUNTING @$$!"

"Sango, dear, you're still sic-"

"I DON'T GIVE A frackING DAMN IF I'M SI- - - oh shoot. HAND ME THAT BUCKET, NOW!"

Inu-Yasha cast Miroku's room a dry look as the now-familiar sound of vomiting echoed through the halls.

"Miroku!" the silver haired teen called over the violent retching. "You're already an hour late for school!"

"But I need-!"

"I'm gonna watch her, now go get your God forsaken education, damn it!"

"But-!"

"I SAID NOW!"

Inu smirked to himself as the perverted wolf scampered out of his room and through the halls, slamming the door shut behind him as he called a hurried good-bye to his mate.

"Much better," the remaining man muttered darkly under his breath. "You okay in there, Sango?!"

"BETTER NOW THAT HE'S GIVING ME-"

Puking sound.

"-ROOM TO BREATHE!"

"Aww," Inu-Yasha mockingly cooed. "Don't you like being babied?"

"I guess someti-"

Throwing up.

"-mes. But I dunno. . . he sure is sweet, though, isn't he?"

"Whatever you say, Sango," the werewolf replied quietly, so as not to be heard by the girl as she finished her gut wrenching heaves. "Whatever you say. . ."

*

"Hey, Inu-Yaaaaaasha?" Sango's slurred voice called from the other room.

The half wolf glanced incredulously down at the medicine she had just taken, which was now placed next to him on the table top.

She sounded drunk.

That shouldn't be a side effect, should it?

"What?"

"I is sleeeeeeepy. . ."

"Uh huh."

"I is goooooonnnnna taaaaake a sap. No. Wait. . . A map. Um. . . A lap. A cap. A tap. A gap. . ."

"A nap?"

"Aaaaaaa! Yeeeeah, one a' those. . ."

"You do that," he replied dryly, giving the innocent syrup bottle a hard look.

"Yeaaaaaaah. . . I think I wiiiillllllll. . . . zzzz. . ."

Rolling his eyes, Inu-Yasha averted his amber gaze out the window.

Sighing and standing up, he slowly trudged over to the window and pressed his hand against the icy glass, looking down at the busy city.

Somewhere. . .

Naraku was hiding.

Watching.

Waiting. . .

He had to be stopped.

'Maybe I should go out and look for him, while Sango sleeps. . .' he thought, his hand clenching to a fist.

But he was snapped out of his thoughts as the phone rang.

Curious, he walked cautiously to the phone, the hair on the back of his neck prickly.

He could sense something powerful on the other end of the line. . .

Reaching out carefully for the receiver, he gingerly pulled it out of it's cradle.

"Hello?" he asked, his brow furrowed.

"Don't."

Inu-Yasha's eyebrows shot to his hairline.

"Excuse me?"

But his only reply was the dial tone.

*

Inu-Yasha stood in the middle of the kitchen for a few moments, blankly clutching the phone in his hands.

Then. . .

He slowly put the receiver back in it's cradle.

What. . .

Was that all about. . .?

His eyes narrowing in deep thought, he cautiously moved to grab his jacket, as if afraid something or someone would strike him down if he made any sudden movement.

Glancing over his shoulder, he carefully padded to the door.

Gingerly placing the tips of his fingers against the knob, he waited- daring the invisible force to stop him.

Nothing happened.

So he opened the door with the most silent of 'creak's before disappearing into the shadows of the hallway.

*

Silence enveloped the large city of Tokyo; the brown slush on the ground accompanied by the dull gray sky dampening everyone's spirits.

Inu-Yasha walked quietly through the streets, acting as drawn back and burly as ever.

But his mind was no where near the cold roads.

'That gun. . . if we've got it, will he still- keh, of course. He's not stupid enough just to have one weapon.'

The half wolf grumbled in frustration, releasing a misty breath of air.

Sighing, he finally looked into the sky.

Still cloudy and gray.

No surprise there.

Yet it was a darker shade of gray then it had been a few hours ago.

The sun was slowly setting.

Had it been so long already. . .?

'Time flies when you're having fun, I suppose,' he thought darkly, stifling another sigh.

He had found nothing; not even a clue to who that voice on the phone was.

Though he had an educated guess, judging by the feminine quality of it. . .

'Still, it doesn't matter now.' He glanced momentarily up at the heavens before turning the corner into the ally, planning on taking a short cut. 'Best get back to the apartment. It's the full moon, can't dawdl- - -'

But his thoughts were cut as he saw what lay ahead of him.

*

"Where the hell IS HE?!" Kagome snarled, worry causing her mouth to run astray, so to speak.

"I don't know! Wasn't he with you, Sango?" Miroku asked, turning to face the girl resting in the back of the car.

Kag fidgeted in her seat, glancing out at the stationary scenery of the garage as the other wolves piled into their trucks.

"Noooooo," the dark brown haired girl slurred, her eyes half lidded as she smiled stupidly.

"God damn, that's some powerful medicine," the other female grumbled, twisting her hands in her lap.

"Calm down, Kagome. I'm sure he's fine," the perverted one consoled, patting his friend on the back.

The ebony haired teen shot him a deadly look before that hand traveled any further down.

"What?! Don't look at me like that! I wasn't going to do anything!"

"Suuuure you weren't."

"I wasn't!" he insisted, looking very hurt.

But then again, he was a very good actor.

Kagome sighed and bit her bottom lip.

Where was Inu-Yasha?

Was he okay?

What was going on. . .?

*

"You. . ." the silver haired werewolf snarled, his hands clenching into fists. "Naraku. . ."

The werewolf hunter smirked and rewarded Inu-Yasha with a long, slow, incredulous clap. "Oh, very good. I didn't realized you had enough smarts to remember my name. . ."

"Shut your damn mouth!"

"Language, language," Naraku retorted lightly, one eyebrow raised. "Really. Such dirty lips will help you none."

"Well, better then bloody lips- like yours are going to be soon!"

"Ooo. Touché."

The werewolf hunter's evil smile widened as he began to slowly circle Inu- Yasha. "Just where do you think you're going, anyway?"

"Home."

"Why? So you can transform there?" Naraku questioned softly. "Don't you want to show me your true form? I'm sure it wouldn't be an inconvenience. After all. . ."

He raised his face to the sky, where it was considerably darker now.

"The moon is going to rise very soon."

Inu-Yasha mentally cursed. 'shoot! He's right. . .'

Glancing towards the distracted hunter, who's eyes seemed locked on the clouds, the werewolf decided to take a long shot- and try to sneak out of the narrow ally.

"Don't even attempt to escape," the ebony haired male murmured, his eyes still to the sky as a hand reached into his pockets and pulled out a gun. Cocking it, he pointed it straight at Inu.

'Double shoot.'

The silver haired boy slowly stepped to the left.

The gun followed.

He stepped to the right.

Naraku moved the barrel to point at him again, though his eyes never left the dark clouds.

"It's almost time, you know, Inu-Yasha. . ."

Oh, *did* he know.

As the sky blackened and a few lonely rays of moonlight soaked through the clouds, the werewolf could feel his body begin to change. And no matter how he fought it, he knew he could do nothing.

"D-damn it," Inu grunted, panting as he fell to his knees, his limbs buckling.

"Just a little longer for me to wait, hmm?"

"You bastard. . ." the werewolf growled, but soon he could no longer speak. His face was lengthening, his body shifting, his limbs reforming.

Moments later, he was in his wolf form in front of the hunter; his silver hair glossy in the glowing moonlight.

Finally, Naraku's eyes left the heavens and flickered down to lock on Inu- Yasha's canine-like golden ones.

"Ahhh. . . So this is your beast form, is it not, Inu-Yasha?" he murmured, a small smirk on his face. "Yes. . . I'd recognize you anywhere, you know. So much like your father. . ."

The silver wolf snarled and prepared to pounce, but stopped as the hunter's hand gently squeezed the gun's trigger. Not enough for it to go off, but enough to remind Inu what was in the barrel.

Undoubtedly a silver bullet. . .

"You really thought you could actually find and kill me, didn't you?" Naraku snickered, circling around the beast, his revolver's barrel never leaving range of Inu-Yasha's body. "You actually believed you could save your pack. Save Kagome, huh?"

The wolf's snarls became deeper as he exposed his long, sharp teeth to the hunter.

"Oh, I'm very frightened, Inu-Yasha. I'm shaking in my shoes."

The hunter began laughing-

And the werewolf had enough.

With a great roar, he leapt into the air, pouncing forcefully on Naraku, sending them both to the ground; skidding into the brick ally wall.

His eyes widening in surprised shock, the hunter was only just able to block Inu-Yasha as he attempted to rip him apart with his teeth.

Grabbing the wolf's ears and tugging hard, Inu momentarily halted his assault do to pain.

Whimpering softly at the biting headache he was soon going to receive, Inu- Yasha slammed his paws into the hunter, his claws easily tearing through the man's black leather and into his skin.

Hissing softly, Naraku kicked the wolf off his body with all his might, sending Inu a few feet away as the man regained his footing and picked up his gun, which had fallen into a snow drift.

"Don't you DARE try that again!" the hunter growled, pointing the revolver at the wolf, his eyes narrowed as Inu-Yasha balanced himself, the silver fur on his back rising in anger.

The wolf snarled and snapped, preparing to leap again- - -

When a sickening 'BANG!' echoed through the ally.

*

Inu-Yasha crumpled on the ground, moaning and whimpering in pain.

"Keh," Naraku chuckled, lowering his gun slightly as he took a step towards the injured wolf.

Dark maroon blood gushed from a searing hole in his side- staining Inu- Yasha's silver fur and the ground near him. The skin around his wound was slowly turning disgusting shades of black and violet, his body reacting in terrible ways to the bullet.

"Ah, so the infection begins," the hunter smirked, standing only a foot away from Inu, who was now working very hard just to breathe. "Don't worry, Inu-Yasha. The pain will soon be gone- - - when you die."

Raising the gun tip again so it pointed straight at the werewolf's head, Naraku glared.

"I'll forever hate your kind, Inu-Yasha," he whispered. "For I'll never get to be one. . ."

Inu slowly raised his half-lidded, glassy eyes to look at the hunter.

"Hmph. You want to know what I'm talking about? Fine. You'll be dead soon, anyway. I won't even need to use my last four shots."

Naraku gingerly squeezed the gun's trigger in anticipation.

"I know you are a half-wolf, Inu-Yasha," he murmured, his eyes narrowing once more. "As. . . am I."

A silence enveloped the ally, the only sound the now gusty wind.

Inu-Yasha waited.

Naraku took his time to continue.

"But what I didn't know," the hunter finally hissed, "was that there is more then one type of half-breed. That you could have different results when combining mortal and wolf. I figured that out when I saw you with Kagome. Had you been like me, you would have been an outcast of wolf kind. A longer. Forsaken. As you are. . . you're not as big of a freak as I am. . ."

The man took a deep breath.

"Where you, you can transform. . . you can't touch silver. . . you have a pack to belong. . . my only wolf-like power is to survive as long as were- being. I've been around many more years then you. . ."

Inu's breathing stilled slightly, but he was still alive and listening; his blood continually gushing as the black-violet shade around his wound spread.

"So when I was younger, I decided that. . . if I can't be a wolf. . . then no one can. Ergo, I am a hunter. And after a while I realized that it wasn't me that was the freak- - - it was all of you. All of the wolf kind. . . And so I plan to purge the world of your disgusting breed. One. . . By. . . One. . ."

He smirking, he slowly pulled the trigger back- - -

But before the shot could even ring out, something slammed into Naraku, knocking him painfully to the ground.

~*~

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment