Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 15 - Disaster Strikes

Tohru goes to visit her cousin (Kagome) with Yuki and Kyou. Haru and Momiji join up with them and instead of seeing Kagome... Well, read it!

Chapter 15 - Disaster Strikes

Chapter 15 - Disaster Strikes
Kagura froze upon seeing the approaching party. “He has got to be kidding,” she muttered flatly. There was no way she could take on all of them by herself! And, she really didn't want to attack Sesshomaru if it could be avoided.
Well, there was really no point in her hanging around; Sesshomaru could destroy her in a matter of seconds. The dragon also worried her. Where had they of all people found a dragon ready to side with them? Had Naraku known that they were all together? That bastard! He had sent her to die—again!
She turned back around. She had better at least warn him, then get the hell out. As much as she liked the idea of Inuyasha killing him while he fracked that “god,” if Naraku's enemies didn't kill him, then she would be in trouble for not warning him.


Kagura hadn't thought anyone had seen her, but Hatori had noticed her. “Kikyou, there was a woman on what appeared to be a floating feather,” he said.
She looked around, but didn't see anything. “Where?”
“Ahead. She turned and went back the way she had come.”
“It must be Kagura,” she said. She wrapped her fingers around his horns. “Hatori, let's go on ahead.” She glanced back at Shigure. “Shigure, hold on. We're going ahead of the others.”
He obeyed, like a good little puppy. “Hey, everyone, we're going ahead of you!”
“Hey!” Inuyasha began to complain, but Hatori was already off. Inuyasha sped up to try to keep pace, but it was like a human trying to outrun a horse. Ah-Un, however, had only little trouble keeping up. Kirara was just behind them. Inuyasha cursed. Just because he couldn't fly…
The barrier came in to sight. They stopped. Inuyasha noticed this upon reaching the peak of his jump and smirked. They needed him, and apparently Kagure had managed to get through the barrier before they approached. Hatori turned around. What was he doing? Inuyasha discovered after his third jump after seeing him, for Hatori snatched him and Kagome out of the air, carrying a protesting Inuyasha to the barrier, dropping him in front of it. However, he didn't let Kagome fall. He kept his paw flat. She stood up on it, looking up at Kikyou. Kikyou seemed to be waiting for her, an arrow notched, aimed at the barrier. “Aim at the barrier. When Inuyasha attacks it with the Red Tessuiga, then we will shoot together.”
Right. That would make this barrier come down—for sure! There was no chance that this barrier would last. Did that mean… This would all come to an end today? So long as they were all together, Kagome was sure that they couldn't lose. She liked that idea. All Naraku could do now was run!
She aimed at the barrier, looking down at Inuyasha, who only seemed to be waiting for her. He swung his sword. The archers released their arrows. Kagome had guessed right—there was no chance for the barrier and it came down after the triple hit.
They raced through. Sesshomaru leaped off of Ah-Un, leaving Ayame at a safer distance behind them. Ayame flicked his tongue, “looking” to see the people inside.
“Ayame, how many are inside?” Hatori asked him.
“Six,” he answered with surety.
Kikyou nodded. “One of them must be Tohru. Ayame, Shigure.” Sesshomaru would hate her for doing this, but what choice did she really have? “Go look for Tohru inside.” She looked at Sango and Miroku. “Will you two go with them?”
Sango nodded. “Right.” The four of them landed and dashed inside. Sesshomaru had left the door open, and Inuyasha had dashed after him. Kikyou and Hatori landed.
They were alone now. She looked at Hatori, considering changing him back to his normal shape. A soul collector dropped a soul into her body. “Once they get outside with Tohru… Hatori, could you take them back to the village?”
He regarded her for a moment. “How can I be sure you will come back with the others?”
Kikyou smiled softly. “I will. I promise.” She looked up to see Kagura running away. Let her go.
“Kikyou.” She turned back to the dragon. “Be safe.”
She smiled again. “You as well.”


Ayame suddenly froze. He was the one guiding them to Tohru.
“What is it, Aya-kun?” Shigure wondered.
They tried to ignore the sounds of battle on the other side of the castle. They had to get out of here before it was destroyed. They didn't have time for him. He looked around. “One of them is coming toward us.”
“From where?” Miroku asked, getting into a defensive stance. He realized he had put himself between Shigure and the corridor.
Ayame pointed down the hall. “It looks like a kid,” he commented.
Sango stepped forward. “Kohaku…”
“Hm?”
“My kid brother.” She raised her hiraikotsu, spreading her legs outward, staring intently forward. Kohaku stepped into the light. They prepared for a fight, but the boy only looked at them, then raced down another passage. Sango ran after him, as could only be expected. “Kohaku!”
“Should we go after her?” Shigure wondered.
“But Tohru is just ahead,” Ayame said, pointing.
Miroku looked from Ayame to Shigure, then down both hallways. “Sango can take care of herself. Our priority right now is Tohru.”
Ayame led the way. He froze again. Shigure ran into him. “Gure-chan, you should be more careful.”
“Why did you stop?” Miroku interrupted before Shigure could defend himself.
Ayame looked down another passage. “Another child is here.”


The most disturbing thing about when they had ran in, following the scent of Naraku's miasma, was that Akito and Naraku had only been half-dressed. Akito pulled on his kimono the rest of the way unhurriedly.
He flicked his wrist. The table hurled itself toward Inuyasha. He swung his sword, but Naraku's barrier came up. The blow totally annihilated the room. Kikyou aimed and shot. It pierced the barrier and dissolved it. Naraku took Akito and flew upwards. He really didn't want to face all of them at the same time. Sesshomaru leaped at him. Akito put his hand out. His power wrapped around the dog's throat, like white-hot fingers. Sesshomaru froze, lest the fingers burn him. Tokijin's blade turned blue and he released its destructive power. Inuyasha, Kagome, and Kikyou rushed to get out of the way. When the light dissipated, Akito had his hands raised, as if he had warded it off somehow from himself and Naraku.
Inuyasha used the Wind Scar again. Kagome aimed and shot him. He erected a barrier right before the Wind Scar hit him. Kagome's arrow almost pierced his barrier. While he was distracted, Kikyou aimed and fired. Her arrow hit him in the shoulder. Sesshomaru attacked again. Akito rushed to Naraku's aid and threw Sesshomaru backwards. The dog landed on his feet and prepared to rush at them again.
Naraku glanced to the other side of the castle. “Sesshomaru. You are wasting time here. Your pet snake is in danger.”
Sesshomaru hesitated, then turned and ran for Ayame. Naraku was feeling a bit more confident now. He plucked out Kikyou's arrow and destroyed it. He could take on these three with no problem—especially with Akito here.
“You're gonna fracking die!” Inuyasha screamed, jumping up in the air for another attack.
“You are pathetic.”
Kagome aimed at Naraku again. “Together again,” Kikyou whispered. Inuyasha's Wind Scar hit the duo above.
The reincarnated one nodded. “Right.” Before the attack had finished and the light dissipated, the archers shot once more. Naraku wasn't even looking at them. His tentacles were going straight for Inuyasha, combined with Akito's power. Akito had seen them aim though, and he was already using his power against Inuyasha. There was no time to shift it away. He dove in front of Naraku. The two arrows hit him in the back. He fell against his lover. Naraku froze, his barrier falling in to place again.
“Akito…”
“I'm all right. I'm a god… This won't kill me. Pull it out.”
Kagome looked at her quiver nervously. Running out of arrows here…
Naraku's fingers wrapped around one of the arrows, looking into Akito's pained eyes. But Akito was used to pain. He flinched when Naraku pulled out the first arrow, and gritted his teeth again with the second.
The two seemed oblivious to the three getting ready to attack them again.
“Akito…” Naraku pulled him to him and kissed him. Inuyasha lowered his sword a little.
“Eh…”
They still hadn't pulled away. In fact, Akito had wrapped his arms around Naraku's neck.
“What the hell is wrong with everyone!” he screamed. The two broke the kiss and looked at him.
“Oh. You,” Akito said, sounding annoyed. “This is the second time you've interrupted us.” He smirked wickedly. “You need to die now.”
The debris from the castle, illusion or not, floated upwards. Akito planned to hurl it all at Inuyasha from various angles. There was no way he could avoid all of it. And if he used the Wind Scar to get rid of it, he would probably accidentally hit the girls.


“Kanna!” Miroku said, hauling Shigure and Ayame back. He knew he couldn't fight Kanna, so what would be the best course of action?
“Give… me… your soul,” Kanna's soft voice whispered from the darkness. The white child stepped into the light.
Ayame's gaze immediately fell to the mirror, being the vain person that he is. He suddenly started feeling weak…

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment