Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - She is in Danger!

What do you mean Inuyasha asked a now nervous Mrs. Higurashi. She saw the look in the hanyou's eyes, and the feral gleam promised things that she didn't even want to conceive. It left her shuddering in fear.

Contains Violence, Language, Rape

Chapter 2 - She is in Danger!

Chapter 2 - She is in Danger!
Chapter 2 - She is in Danger!

~~The Past - Sengoku Jidai - Inuyasha's Forest~~

"She's late." huffed the angered hanyou. The dog promised to be back hours ago, and she still had not come through the well. What was wrong with her, why could she not just forget that damn school thing and just stay here?

Truth was, Inuyasha was not angry with her for wanting to go, or even that she had gone. It was just that he hated for her to be so far away and not able to catch her scent or see her face, or just be near so that he could know she was safe. It left an emptiness in his heart, every time she left him. It was so painful that he found times when just breathing was almost beyond reason.

But she didn't see this. All she saw was his anger and all she heard was his cruel and hurtful words. He didn't mean to hurt her, he was just afraid. He had given his trust before, and had come out with not only the heartbreak and anguish of betrayal, but the loss of 50 years of life. Time spent sealed to a tree and unable to do anything but dream it away. That is until that one memorable day, when SHE came. When she came and removed that hated arrow and set him free.

He wanted to tell her how much he loved her, how much she meant to him. But he was afraid that she didn't feel the same way and could not bring himself to say those most precious words for fear of being rejected.

"Inuyasha!" called Shippo as he ran up to the old well to see if Kagome had returned yet. As the hanyou turned, he could see that Sango, Miroku and Kirara was not far behind the little kitsune. "Has Kagome come back yet?"

"Hmmph! Iie! The dog is late again," he grumbled. "The stupid baka was supposed to be back before sunset."

Miroku and Sango exchanged knowing smiles, before turning back to the upset hanyou. "Perhaps you should go after her," said the houshi.

"Iie! She can stay there for all I care. She is nothing but trouble," he further complained, although they all knew that he didn't mean what he said.

"Well then, perhaps we should all just go back to the village. Obviously, if she wishes to return she will," stated Sango, looking once again at the houshi with a slight smirk. With a knowing glimmer in his eyes, he turned to Inuyasha.

"Hai! Perhaps she just doesn't feel that she is needed enough to want to return," he stated. "Come Sango, let us go. Obviously, it is a waste to wait here for someone who is weak and useless. She is after all, nothing but a bother, and really doesn't provide any useful purpose to our quest or group. Other than as a mere shard detector that is."

Shippo was confused. This didn't make sense to him. Why were they not trying to get Inuyasha to go get his Okaa-san and bring her back? He was about to say so, when Sango caught him up, covered his mouth and shook her head to show she needed him to be quiet at the moment.

Not being sure why, but figuring that they must have their reasons, Shippo decided to stay quiet and just let Sango and Miroku continue as they were.

The group, minus one hanyou, turned and proceeded back to Kaede's hut in the small local village. They had barely gotten out of sight, when they turned into the nearby woods and quietly snuck back to a couple of convenient bushes and sat to watch the by now irate hanyou.

"Hmmph! How dare they say such things about Kagome. She is not weak or useless. She is the best of our group. She contributes a lot to our group and they should know that by now," he huffed. He was pacing back and forth in front of the old well, getting more and more angry by the moment. Why was she not back yet? Had something happened?

He stopped suddenly, as an icy chill raced up his spine, leaving him feeling like someone had just dropped snow down his back. He broke out into a sweat and without realizing it, he was growling in the most vicious of manners. The secluded watchers caught the sudden change and were about to leap from their hiding place, when they heard his next words and felt their own fear grip their hearts.

"Kagome! She's in danger!," cried Inuyasha, as he turned and leaped like it was his life into the old dry well.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment