Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - SHE needs YOU!

What do you mean Inuyasha asked a now nervous Mrs. Higurashi. She saw the look in the hanyou's eyes, and the feral gleam promised things that she didn't even want to conceive. It left her shuddering in fear.

Contains Violence, Language, Rape

Chapter 6 - SHE needs YOU!

Chapter 6 - SHE needs YOU!
~~The Past - Sengoku Jidai - Kouga's Den!~~


Ginta was bored, which was not unusual. He was serving guard duty near the entrance to the pack's den. It was his shift, but he had gotten so used to constantly following Kouga, as they chased down whatever leads they could find in their search for Naraku that sitting doing guard duty had only one benefit. He was not constantly getting a stitch in his side from trying to keep up with a shard enhanced pack leader.

Still, despite the boredom, Ginta and Hakkaku both agreed that they would much rather this, than still have to look forward to facing the vile hanyou that had finally met his fate but five short weeks ago. The whole pack was the better for the relief that the news brought and even Ginta and Hakkaku found themselves looking forward to the up and coming mating season.

Other packs had learned of the devastation that Kouga's pack had suffered. Normally, this would not have done anything, but brought the pack ridicule and shame. Many learned the cause behind the demise of almost the entire pack, and the fact that Kouga, brave, daring, and strong, had spent not only several years, tracking the jerk but had joined the now well known Inuyasha Pack to destroy Naraku in the end, was enough to not only save Kouga's honour, but to build it even beyond what it had once been.

The only downside, for what it was worth, was that Kagome-neesan had not accepted the advances of the Prince of the Youkai Ookami Tribe. Of course, neither Ginta nor Hakkaku was surprised about this, as it was obvious even to them that onee-san cared for their leader as a friend and valued the friendship of the entire pack, but her heart was with the inu hanyou, Inuyasha and nothing could sway that, not even death it seemed.

But as a true leader, Kouga didn't let the sorrow of losing Kagome keep him down for long. As Hakkaku had pointed out to the proud and virile leader, Kagome-onee-san would not want him to wallow around in self pity and besides, with the up and coming mating season there were several fine and strong possible mates who would all love to challenge the accomplished pack leader and become his mate willingly.

So with that in mind, Kouga set aside the ache in his heart, which to his surprise was not as difficult as he had thought it would be, and moved forward. The past five weeks was a time of healing and rebuilding to bring the tribe back up to full strength again before the next winter season. It was now that Kouga realized what Kagome had been trying to tell him, he was not truly in love with her, just infatuated. But they would always be something more than just friends, she more like a sister with a large extended family of ookami and ookami youkai, both brothers and sisters, who she would always cherish and care for.

As Ginta looked out over the territory in the moonlit sky around him, he caught sight of a flickering glow headed towards the den. This was peculiar, as the entrance of the den was a well guarded secret and if someone who was not part of the pack knew of the location, then there was a serious problem to be corrected.

Not wanting to leave his post, but being aware that word had to be gotten to Kouga immediately, Ginta barked out a command to one of the nearby wolves, who responded back with a yip and took off into the den to fetch the packs' leader. As Ginta continued to watch the approaching flicker, he was frustrated at trying to identify it as it was coming from down wind of the den and the scent was carrying the wrong way.

It only took a few moments for Kouga to appear, but in that time the flicker in the sky had grown noticeably larger. With Kouga's better vision, one of the many merits that made him a fine pack leader, he was able to make out that it was a neko youkai in battle run, and headed directly towards the den. It was obvious that this youkai knew exactly where the den was, and that this was its destination.

It only took a couple of moments for Kouga to figure out who it might be, as there were not many neko youkai's that he knew of, or the people who associated with them. His suspicions were confirmed moments later, when the youkai landed and a houshi with a small and very familiar kitsune landed and approached the Ookami Prince bowing their greetings as they did so.

"Kouga-sama, greetings. I only wish that the circumstances were better, but I have been sent by Inuyasha to request your presence at an important gathering," stated Miroku.

"Houshi-sama!" Kouga nodded in acknowledgement and greetings himself. "What do you mean? What is wrong? Something has happened to Kagome, hasn't it?"

"It is with saddened heart that I must say yes to that question, Kouga-sama. Although, I can say for sure that she is alive and safe for now, however, Inuyasha thought that you might desire to assist in a little...uhn...plan...to bring retribution to those who have caused harm to the little Miko," stated Miroku.

Kouga's first reaction was an aching pain that threatened to overwhelm him at the thought that Kagome had been killed, but that quickly was replaced by relief and then intense rage when he realized that someone had hurt his onee-san. There were some people out there somewhere who were going to bleed, and they were going to bleed a whole lot for this offense.

"It sounds like you have much to say and little time to say it. Please come, and sit with us, and tell us what you know," stated Kouga calmly, although his own wolves had moved back, and even the sentries were hard pressed to stay close to him. They knew that when he spoke that calmly, he was a youkai with barely restrained rage, and no one wanted to risk being the one to set off the exploding beast that lay just under the surface.

Miroku bowed, and Shippou on his shoulder, headed into the den following the Prince of the Ookami Youkai. Kirara, just curled up outside by the entrance to the den and awaited the houshi and kitsune's return. She knew it would not be long before she had to make the return trip, and quite frankly she was anxious to make it as soon as possible.

A cup of tea each, and about 45 minutes later, five pack wolves, Kouga, Ginta, and Hakkaku, stood outside the front of the den with the messenger of bad news in the form of a calm appearing houshi, and a small kitsune. The neko youkai was now standing awaiting her passengers patiently for the trip back to Inuyasha's Forest. Hands were shook and goodbye's for now, being said.

"Despite the circumstances young Prince, it will be a pleasure to work with you and your pack members. I believe that this agreement will prove to be a great adventure and most satisfactory if Inuyasha is planning what I believe he is," stated Miroku to Kouga. "I cannot stress enough, however, the importance that the information I shared with you tonight be kept only among ourselves. It has been a carefully guarded secret for the past five years, and I am sure that you can understand why."

Kouga was still getting over some of the shock of what the houshi had divulged to him, Ginta and Hakkaku. He knew that they probably were as dumbfounded as he felt. To learn so much about Kagome, the woman that he had thought he knew, and find that there was so much more about her that he never even dreamed of, was overwhelming to put it mildly. But now was not the time for such things to be considered. There was justice to be meeted out, and time was of the essence.

There was no way that those who hurt Kagome in such a cowardly and vile manner would get away with it and not suffer for their fiendish games. Kouga and his comrades silently vowed the same thing, although they were unaware that each was thinking the same thing.

"Hai, houshi-sama. You can rest assured that no one here will breath a word of any of this to anyone. The secret is safe with us. We would do nothing to bring harm to our onee-san and would give our lives to defend her. We will be at the old well by sunrise. Tell dog breath that for the duration of this agreement, there are no differences between us. We fight as pack brothers for a just cause and we will agree to his leadership in this matter without question," was Kouga's surprising response.

Miroku nodded his gratitude and Shippou and he climbed onto Kirara. "Arigato Kouga-sama. I look forward to seeing you at dawn." With that Kirara launched herself into the air and headed back the away she had come earlier in the night.

Almost immediately Kouga, Ginta, Hikkaku, and the five pack wolves could be seen racing as fast as they were able in the same direction. The night was clear and the air not too warm. Their speed and efficiency in travel was such that Kouga knew they would be able to make the designated clearing in just a few hours.

======================================

Far to the west standing upon a great cliff, looking out over the vast stretch of what was known as the Western Lands, a great, powerful and most regal figure stood. The silver tresses of his almost knee length hair wavered gently in the light breeze that carried the night's fragrances and scents his way. An fukurou (owl) hooted in the distance, a shishi (lion) roared its intent to a prey it had just caught sight of, the soft flap of a group of bats passing in the night, and the gentle rustle of leaves upon the many trees around, were only a few of the many nights sounds that drifted in the night.

But none of these bothered or seemed to attract the attention of the noble Lord of the Western Lands as he stood stoicly surveying what was his. Sesshomaru-sama, Great Taiyoukai of Japan and Lord of the Western Lands, proudly stood unmoving in the night. It was his favorite time of the day. It was a time when he could stop, think, consider the day's various experiences, organize his thoughts if need be, or just enjoy a bit of solace and quiet time.

He had just completed his most recent patrol of his lands, and estates, as was his want to do on a regular basis. Sure he had warriors and guards that were trained to do the work for him, however, one of the things that made Sesshomaru the Great Lord that he was, was his habit of taking personal responsibility for what was his. He didn't mind having his lackies doing the patrols for him, but it was much more sensible to supplement by periodically doing his own rounds, just to make sure that things were running the way HE wanted them and not to someone else's desires.

Besides, it meant that he was always informed about what was transpiring in his realm and kept him always alert and on his toes. No one caught the Western Lord off guard, at least not and live.

The breeze picked up briefly, bringing with it a scent that was unpleasant, but no longer instilled the hatred that he had once felt at the least thought. Instead it evoked memories of a recent heavy battle with a vile and hated hanyou that had the unmitigated gall to try to take from him what was his. No one touched what belonged to Lord Sesshomaru. NO ONE! Nor did they touch what he considered to be important to him, not an live, or at least not and live pleasantly....HEH! HEH! HEH!

Most who had heard of the Great and Terrible Taiyoukai of the Western Lands, shivered in fear at his name. Many believed that even getting within sight of the Youkai Lord was a death wish and that those who did would meet their end at the ends of his razor sharp claws. But what no one knew, was that in the eyes of the Great Lord Sesshomaru, that was the easy way out.

Death was an end, a doorway to the afterlife and one of the Seven Levels of Hell, where the soul could pass from level to level until it finally was granted the right to return to the world of the living. But Life...now there was another story...to make one of your enemies 'live', was much more interesting. After all, there were those who deserved to 'live', and Sesshomaru had many means for doing just that. The pleasurable thing was that none of those methods required a dungeon, nor did it take much time. But the effects could last a lifetime and leave their victims memories that could be carried by their soul to the afterlife.

Knowing that his hanyou half brother was rapidly approaching and knowing that he would not be seeking him out unless there was a reason, Sesshomaru chose to just wait for him. Whether the reason was a good one or not remained to be seen, but for now he just didn't feel like disturbing the night with useless chasing and banter.

He had to give Inuyasha a grudging respect. There were so many changes to the hanyou in the years that he and his rag tag pack had spent searching out the Shikon no Kakera and chasing after the evil Naraku. Even the thought of that loathsome hanyou's name was enough to make the Great Lord growl in anger and hatred.

Inuyasha had successfully learned how to wield the Tetsusaiga, much to Sesshomaru's chagrin, but what truly had amazed the Youkai Lord, were the other transformations that Inuyasha's adventures had allowed him to instill into the great fang. Transformations that his father had not originally put there, and which remained to be seen if they were intended.

But his true respect, and greatest honour was not for his half brother, nor even for the Youkai Taijiya or houshi that travelled with him. Even the insignificant kitsune, and the neko youkai had earned some respect from the Demon Lord, but the heart of the group was the one who had truly earned not only his respect, but the right to be considered almost his equal in many ways.

That was the little Miko. The odd onna who had set his half brother free from his 50 year long imprisonment, and despite all odds stuck by him through thick and thin, through all their adventures. The young woman, who had stood up to Naraku and was key to ending the vile hanyou's existance in this world and saving countless lives because of her risks and willingness to sacrifice herself for what she believed, and those she loved.

Not long after catching his brother's scent on the wind, a rustling was heard and almost immediately Inuyasha dropped from a nearby tree and stood to face his older brother. What surprised the Demon Lord about his appearance, was not the daring that it took to appear before him, but the determination and barely suppressed rage that could clearly be seen in the shivering form of the hanyou that stood before him.

He could see in the hanyou's eyes, the flicker between the natural and normal golden colour and the flash of red that was a warning of the youkai blood raging just behind those eyes. Sesshomaru had not missed the tightly clenched hand, wrapped around Tetsusaiga, trying almost in vain to retain his sanity. What had set him off so? Why was he standing so boldly before the Taiyoukai, with such strength of will? What had happened this night?

"Good evening little brother," stated the ever stoic Sesshomaru.

"I wish it were Sesshomaru," was Inuyasha growled reply.

Something seriously had to be amiss. The hanyou was audibly growling and just barely controlling his youkai blood, even with Tetsusaiga at his hip and tightly clenched in his clawed hand. How was he able to control such rage, especially when he didn't have the benefits or strength of being a full youkai in blood?

Giving his half brother his full and undivided attention, Sesshomaru spoke once more.

"Something is bothering you tonight, little brother. What does this have to do with me and why have you come to visit?" he asked.

"I have come to beg a favor," Inuyasha barely ground out. It was not that he was upset with Sesshomaru, nor that he was asking his brother for a favor. None of that mattered at the moment. What really was the problem was the images of his badly battered, raped, and abused Kagome lying unconscious on a futon in the old miko's hut and the images of her attackers and knowing that even now they might be looking for another victim.

"And why would I be interested enough to give you such a request?" came the coldly emotionless response.

"For a several reasons. One, you owe Kagome and this favor is for her. Two, this little favor promises to provide even your curiousity with more information than it could possibly hold for at least a good hundred years, if not longer. Three, I need help to bring a fitting 'life' to six....ggrrrrr....six worthless monsters that have....grrrr....hurt....grrrr....violated what is MINE!" he growled out in his rage.

"Kagome was attacked? She has been hurt?" Sesshomaru let a frown momentarily grace his stoic face. "How badly and when?"

"Very badly. She was violated in the worst possible way that a woman can be, along with having been beaten, several broken bones, numerous cuts, and more. I have a plan for taking to task those who inflicted this damage to her, but to carry it out, I need some help," Inuyasha stated. Talking about it to someone who he knew would find such an act both cowardly and the worst possible crime and who would understand the rage that he barely held at bay, made it a bit easier to push down on his youkai blood.

"I have arranged for others to join me, and plan on meeting everyone at the old Bone Eater's Well in my forest. I have come to ask that you join us in this matter of justice for one of our own," he almost pleaded.

Sesshomaru was surprised on many levels, but he was also enraged himself. To think that anyone would do this to the little Miko was something that almost sent the ever emotionally anchored Great Taiyoukai into his own blood rage. That in itself frightened him, though no outward sign of this showed.

"This Sesshomaru owes much to the little Miko, so I will accompany you on this venture. It will be necessary to make a small side stop along the way, as I need to inform Jaken and see to Rin before we go," was his surprising reply. It was shocking enough that it helped Inuyasha to further get control of his blood rage, as he and his brother turned and started upon their journey to take the next step in Inuyasha's plan.

After they met up with Jaken, Rin, and Ah-Un, it was felt that it would make better time, if they all flew. With that in mind, Inuyasha, Rin, and Jaken, rode on Ah-Un, and Sesshomaru used his own youki, to make their journey to the old well easier for everyone.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment