Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - Preparations to be made.... Hi Mom!

What do you mean Inuyasha asked a now nervous Mrs. Higurashi. She saw the look in the hanyou's eyes, and the feral gleam promised things that she didn't even want to conceive. It left her shuddering in fear.

Contains Violence, Language, Rape

Chapter 11 - Preparations to be made.... Hi Mom!

Chapter 11 - Preparations to be made.... Hi Mom!
~~The Past - Mid Afternoon - Sengoku Jidai - Kaede's Hut~~

It was not long after the completion of the spell that Sesshomaru was recovered and almost back to normal. All pain gone, and no sign of any of the injuries that he had experienced remained. Neither Inuyasha nor Sesshomaru were willing to speak of what they had witnessed. Both insisted that if the information were to be told, it was Kagome's right and choice to do so, not theirs. No one could get anymore out of them.

In honesty, no one really wanted to push the matter. After seeing the marks, and abuse that were inflicted upon the Taiyoukai's body, they all had a pretty good idea of the horror that Kagome had been put through. It was enough to give even the strongest of the group, nightmares of their own for years to come, and they were astonished that anyone would willingly inflict such pain, or that once inflicted that such a victim could live through it all.

It was a testiment to the courage and stamina of the little Miko that she had endured so much, and lived through the horror. Both inu youkai assured the group of concerned 'brothers, sister, grandmother, and children' that Kagome was well on the way to healing mentally as well.

After pricking their fingers, and adding a few drops of their blood to be added to the herbal mixture, the potion was completed and ready for use upon the unsuspecting beasts. It was divided up into six small bottles and Sango tucked them safely with her poison mask for safe keeping and ease of carrying.

With that done, Rin and Jaken were left in the care of the old Miko, along with Atsuko to keep watch over Kagome. The others, including the five ookami all met at the old well a short time later.

"Before we jump into the well, there are some things that you all need to be prepared for. Things in the future are nothing like they are now. Take a moment to familiarize yourself with the current location of the shrine, the well, and the Goshinbuko," stated a determined and confident hanyou.

"These will be the only landmarks that you will find in Kagome's era near where she lives. Except for a small grove, all of the forest is gone, and in its stead are nothing but a forest of buildings like none you have ever seen. The air is much less clean, and the odors are much stronger and more intense, especially the scent of ningen," Inuyasha continued.

"So I advise you to cover your nose until you can adjust to the powerful odors you will be faced with. Even a hanyou like me, had a hard time getting use to them, so for the youkai here, it will be a problem. Being in Kagome's home will make it easier. Her scent completely permeates the entire house, and it offers both healing and comfort from the smells and sounds of her time."

"There are no horses, no wagons, and people do not get around on foot as much. The dirt paths are covered in some strange ningen-made stone and their means of travel are like nothing you could imagine," stated Inuyasha.

"When you get to the otherside, you will find it dark at first. That is because in Kagome's time, this well is housed as part of the Shrine Complex, which generations of Kagome's family have been in charge of tending to. As soon as you get to the otherside, immediately make your way out of the well, but do not open the doors until we are all together," he strongly advised.

"Remember this excursion is to help right a wrong in Kagome's world, and as the shrine is a place that gets many visitors it would not help either Kagome or her family to have a pack of ookami and strangely dressed youkai barging out of the old well house unexpectedly. Kagome's mother is expecting us, and as soon as we are all together in the old well house, I will take you all to her home, where we will finalize our plans and scout out the area we are going to be 'hunting' in," Inuyasha said with the same vengeance and primal snarl that had sent a chill down Mrs. Higurashi's spine. It sent an equal chill down the spines of his friends, the only one to not feel it was Sesshomaru, but the look on his face was enough to rival his little brother's and just as chilling to see.

It was decided that Sango, Kouga, and two of the ookami would be the first through the old well. This permitted the Ookami Youkai Prince to be on the otherside and in control of the ookami at all times. It would not do to have the wolves wandering around aimlessly in a world where ningens abound. After all, the idea of this venture was to clean up a problem, not create more.

Once they were through, showing that the necklaces worked perfectly, Ginta, Hakkaku, and two more of the ookami soon followed. Shippou and Miroku with the last ookami were next, and finally Inuyasha and Sesshomaru brought up the rear, bringing Kirara with them.

All the remained of the determined group of time travellers was a now silent and uninteresting old well, deep in a forest glade.

==============================

~~The Present - Mid Afternoon - Modern Day Tokyou - Higurashi Shrine Complex~~

Once everyone was on the other side of the old well, Inuyasha told them to stay put for a few moments. He quickly ducked out the door, checked for tourists and raced to the house to let Kagome's mother know of his and his friends arrival. He was back in short order and everyone quickly and quietly left the well house and followed Inuyasha to Kagome's home.

All were in awe of the sights, sounds and odors that greeted them, and Inuyasha was hard pressed at first to get them to the house safely. As he had warned them, the odors were the worst they had ever had to cope with. The sounds were bad, but after a short time, they were able to tune out the unimportant things.

The sense of smell was more difficult, mostly because that was the one sense that they all relied the most on. It was their main line of recognition and communication with all who they met or had to deal with. Though it never showed on his face, even Sesshomaru had a tough time getting his sense of smell under control. The assault of alien and ningen odors was almost overwhelming. Just as Inuyasha had said, however, Kagome's scent permeated her home of birth and it made it ever so much easier to make the much needed adjustment.

"Nisou-sama, these are the friends that I told you about. They are like family to Kagome back in our time, and all are here to help 'fix' the problem we spoke of," said Inuyasha. Kagome's mother bowed politely, and motioned for everyone to move to the livingroom. They were joined by Ojii-san, who for once was not chasing everyone with his ofuda's, and Souta, who was barely restraining his eagerness to meet the new youkai in his home. Instead he settled for sitting on the floor and becoming acquainted with the ookami.

Once they were all settled and tea offered, she joined them and introductions were made. Miroku being natural a diplomat did the honours of the introductions.

"Nisou-sama, we have heard much of you from Kagome. We are honoured that you would permit us in your home. Most of us have known and been friends and near family to Kagome for years now, and you should be proud of her achievements, strength of will, and her undying compassion for those she cares about," he said.

"The silent and stoic youkai, is the esteemed Sesshomaru-sama, Taiyoukai of the Western Lands in our era, and older half brother to Inuyasha," Miroku said. Sesshomaru bowed his head in polite courtesy, and was surprised when Kagome's family bowed as appropriate for both their status and his own.

"The one in headband and furs is Prince Kouga of the Ookami Youkai tribe. These are five of his ookami pack, and two of his pack brothers, Ginta and Hakkaku. Kagome is a pack sister to them, and they are very eager to aid Inuyasha in bringing justice to bare for your daughter's suffering," Miroku continued. Kouga, Ginta and Hakkaku bowed in greeting, and the ookami all took the time to sniff at the three strange ningen, imprinting their scents to memory so as to know that they were part of the pack and not to be harmed.

Kouga gave them the time to become familiar, but when it looked like their were getting just a bit too eager for comfort, he growled out an order, and the five ookami immediately stepped back and laid down. They all whined in apology, which Ginta took the time to translate for Kagome's family, leaving the three contemporary ningens most impressed.

"The young, beautiful, and strong Lady with us, is Kagome-sama 'sister', Sango-san," Miroku continued the introductions. "She is a Taijiya by trade and the best of her kind."

Sango bowed low, letting her hair cover the blush that rose to her cheeks at Miroku's words. As was her habit, she was dressed in her usual kimono, and Hiraikotsu resting on her back.

"Sugio," said Souta, as he looked over the great bone boomerang. "Can you really throw that thing?"

"Hai," she answered, "with ease." She smiled at Souta, finally getting to meet the little brother that her 'sister' had spoke of so often. He reminded her so much of Kohaku, and seeing him brought a smile to her face.

"Cool! Could I watch you throw it sometime?" he asked in awed wonder.

"We will see," she said in return.

Miroku spoke up to finish the introductions of their oddly mismatched group, "The small kitsune is a kit rescued by Kagome-sama and Inuyasha-sama. His name is Shippou-chan. He is more of an adopted son to Kagome-sama, since his father was killed by the Thunder Brothers some three and a half years ago. He has faced many adventures with us over the past three plus years, and Kagome is most proud of his bravery."

Shippou's chest could not have been thrown out any more and still stayed attached to the little kitsune. It was obvious just how proud Miroku's words made him, and he was doing his best to let his small stature show as much of it as possible for all of the adults to see.

There was a tiny mewl, squeeked out from the over crowded room, and a moment later, a small cream coloured form could be seen perched on Miroku's shoulder.

"Oh, yeah! I am sorry Kirara, didn't mean to forget you," said Miroku with the most sincere apology to the little fire neko. "This is Sango-san's companion, Kirara. She is a fire neko mononoke. Don't let her current appearance for fool you. In battle form she is a most formible warrior in her own right.

And I am Miroku, a houshi by trade..." Miroku tried to continue.

"And a hentai by nature," said Inuyasha, giving a warning look at Miroku, which he knew immediately meant that he was to keep his hands away from Kagome's mother. He had the good graces to blush, when the others in the room laughed, including Sango, who had a mischievous look in her eye. Miroku took that as a warning about his hands, and appropriately gulped in response.

Kirara mewl a happy chirp, and bounded over to sit in Sango's lap. At that, Mrs. Higurashi turned to the odd group of people and animals in her livingroom, and took the time to make her own introductions.

"Welcome to our home. I apologize that our humble living is not more appropriate to the status of some of you here today, but in our era those such as we are here at the shrine seldom see those of royal status, let alone expect to have to entertain such company," Kagome's mother said.

"Your home and accommodations are more than adequate for of my pack and myself, Nisou-sama," spoke Kouga. "We are used to a much more rugged lifestyle ourselves. No offense is taken. Besides, anything would be acceptable and endurable if it helps us to help our nee-san."

"Your nee-san?" Higurashi-daikotu (priest) asked.

"Hai, Kagome! She risked her life for my people in a dangerous battle. For a long time, I had hoped that she would accept my hand and be my mate. She has refused the offer, however, for other reasons, but still remains as a sister to me and my tribe." was Kouga carefully worded response.

He had seen Inuyasha stiffen at the old priest's question, and although he would not have minded a battle with inu-kuro, now was not the time or place. Besides, he had given his word to set past differences aside for the duration of the current matter. He was a Prince and a youkai of his word, no less than Lord Sesshomaru. He would honor his word. Inuyasha relaxed at his answer and gave a slight nod of approval. The exchange didn't go unnoticed by the ever observant Mrs. Higurashi, but she tabled her questions for another time.

"The young man, before you all and enjoying the presence of your very well mannered ookami, is Kagome's little brother Souta. He still attends school and as life is quite different in our times, his adventures with his sister are not quite the same as those you all must have, but he is a very brave young man. Especially where his sister is concerned, although don't tell her that we said that," Mrs. Higurashi said with a gleam of humour in her eye.

Souta blushed, "Ahhh...Mom...," but sat a bit more proudly nevertheless. Everyone else, of course with the exception of Sesshomaru, laughed and smiled at the boy.

"Don't let my father's ofuda confuse you, I am sure that sooner or later he will forget himself and start trying to throw them around. He has been trying to banish Inuyasha for the past four years, but as his ofuda are less than effective, you can all see how successful he had been. Still, we all love him regardless. He is Kagome's Ojii-san, and the current keeper of this shrine," said the old man's daughter. Her humour sparkling in her eyes as the old man looked on with a blush of colour to his own cheeks. It was easy to see where Kagome got her cheerfulness, sense of humour, and her most delightful and alluring blush from.

"I will have you know that I come from a very old and very long line of Priests, who have held these Shrine Grounds for hundreds of generations. My spells and ofuda are the best and..." began Mr. Higurashi.

"Yeah, yeah! Some of us have heard it before gramps." said Inuyasha. The old man promptly shut up, looked at the hanyou, pouted, sniffled and just huffed. Nevertheless, he smiled and bowed to the group of visitors that his granddaughter called friend and family.

"Of course, I am obviously Kagome's mother, Mrs. Higurashi," she smiled. "Again, you are all most welcome in our home, and I hope that I can at least make your stay a comfortable one."

Surprisingly, Ginta and Hakkaku spoke up, almost in unison, "It is we who are honoured that you would permit us to be here. You are the one who brought the Miko into this world, and who grants her the rights to visit us. Without you, our lives would not have been blessed to have known her, nor would we have had the means to defeat our greatest of enemies."

Eveyone in the room agreed with their sentiment, and even Sesshomaru nodded at their words.

"I am sure that you are all anxious to get started on the plan that Inuyasha has in mind. If you will excuse me for few moments, I will get more tea, some snacks and the things that Inuyasha requested," said Mrs. Higurashi. "Souta, there are some boxes upstairs in Kagome's room. Why don't you and Ojii-san fetch them downstairs!"

"Hai, mama!" said Souta and led Ojii-san upstairs to get the boxes.

"Nisou-sama, would you care for help?" asked Sango.

"Arigato Sango-san. Hai," was the reply. Both Sango and Miroku with Shippou in tow followed Kagome's mother to the kitchen to help get more tea and the snacks.

"Sugoi," said Ginta and Hakkaku a moment later. Everyone was gazing in awe and wonder about the room that they were setting in. All of the strange furniture, the carpet on the floor, the decorations, the odd box like things in the corner and along one wall. It was all a room of marvels for the visiting youkai.

"I have had the opportunity to become familiar with many of the 'conveniences' that Kagome has grown up with here in her time," said Inuyasha. He took a moment to grab what he recognized as the remote for the TV.

"This is one of the ones that took me the longest to get used to," he said, "only because I had a hard time understanding that the images it shows are not only real, but that the being it shows are not trapped inside the box. It is not dangerous, but I have found it to be most useful at times in getting information, about this time."

He pushed the power button on the remote and the TV came to life. By chance it happened upon a local news channel, and Inuyasha chose to leave it there. Everyone gasped in surprise, Sesshomaru being the only one to not give audible signs of his own surprise, however, even his eyes widened in surprise at the sight and sounds coming from the strange box.

It was now that Ojii-san and Souta came back downstairs carrying boxes that appeared to be filled with clothing. There was a smaller box on top of the one that Souta was carrying holding a number of other items. Inuyasha took the box from Ojii-san, who thanked the hanyou for his help. Souta and Inuyasha set the boxes down on one of the side tables near the end of the couch.

Higurashi-nisou, Sango, and Miroku came into the room a moment later carrying trays of tea, sandwiches, and other snacks. These were placed down on the coffee table in the center of the room, so that all could take their fill at their convenience. Shippou brought in a tray that held additional cups and dishes to make it easier for everyone to partake as they saw fit. Once everyone was settled, they all turned to Inuyasha and preparations for the night's adventure began.

"The boxes that Souta and Gramps carried down, are clothes appropriate to this time. They are nothing like you are all used to, however, for the short time that they will be needed and for the purposes they are intended, the discomfort and inconvenience is a small price," said Inuyasha.

With Souta's help, Mrs. Higurashi began passing the clothing around the room.

"These are nothing special, however, they reflect the most common kind of clothing popular among the youth of this time," she explained. "I am sure that many of you have seen the 'odd' clothing that Kagome commonly wears. For the most part, the main outfit she has worn to Sengoku Jidai has been her school uniform."

"Gomen, Nisou-sama," broke in Hakkaku. "But what is this school?"

"Gomen ne, Hakkaku-san," she replied. "In our time, everyone has to go to school, a place of learning. It is required by law for everyone from the age of five until they are at least sixteen. Our code of honour places high standards on passing the lessons learned with good grades and striving to improve oneself and gain respectable employment when they graduate, usually in their early twenties."

"All the time that Kagome has spent hunting for the Shikon no Kakera, and fighting against the evil in your era, she has also, been working very hard here to keep up her schooling so that she can at least graduate high school with good grades. Her adventures have kept her quite busy, and her grades have suffered for it, so it is unlikely that she will continue to college, or attend university. So we are not sure what her plans for her future are. She had not yet spoken of this to us."

"Why is that, Nisou-sama?" asked Kouga.

"I believe that she is still trying to work out where she feels that she most belongs. It would be extremely difficult for her here. You see, much as she has had to keep her origins secret in your era, she has had to do the same here, but for quite different reasons," said Kagome's mother.

"She has some friends here, however, if they were to learn of her adventures through the hidden well, it would only serve to have her mental health questioned and the authorities here, would have her committed to an insane asylum at best," she spoke with certainty.

For some reason this line of reasoning bothered Sesshomaru, and he chose for the first time to speak up, "Explain. Asylum, insane, committed...!"

"Gomen ne, your Lordship," was the prompt reply. "I did not mean to offend. In our time, much of what you take for granted, magic, youkai, killing your enemy yourselves, miko powers, and such, are all nothing more than myths and legends to most of the people in this era. Ojii-san and I have spoken of this often, and believe that there are still such in existance today, however, we believe that much of it is kept hidden from the public at large. We can only guess at the reasons."

Ojii-san spoke up here, "I am sure, especially from the old records and family history that we keep here at the shrine that youkai, hanyou, and all that you are used to dealing with daily in Sengoku Jidai, are still here. But for reasons we have not been able to determine they are now hidden, and kept secret. The problem with this, however, is that for someone like Kagome, who has very strong spiritual powers, if the general public found out, she would never have a normal life."

"Some would seek her out for their own gains, others would laugh at her and ridicule her for being different or believing things that others do not believe are reality. Still others would be inclined to lock her away, and experiment on her to try to find out how and why she has the powers that she does."

"For us, in many ways, it is both a fear and a relief when she passes through the old well. We know that while she faces many dangers there, at least they are open and known dangers that her powers can help her with. Here she cannot live such an open lifestyle. She would have to live in fear of her abilities being found out, or remain in hiding much of her life," he stated.

"It would seem that her choice would be obvious," came the stoic reply to the old man's explanation. Few noticed the flush that was even now colouring the hanyou's face.

"In face of the bald facts, you are quite correct, your Lordship. But while Kagome was brought up in the comforts in this era, she has become quite accustom to the simplicity of Sengoku Jidai. For her it is not that she doesn't wish to choose what is in her heart," spoke her mother, "it is just that she is not sure where her heart is welcome."

Surprisingly, no one commented on that statement. In fact, it was pretty much left alone. There were many surreptitious looks sent in the direction of a hanyou who could not keep the blush from his cheeks. Silence reigned supreme for a few moments, before Miroku broke the tension by pointing out that they had other reasons for being gathered in the Higurashi's livingroom.

Mrs. Higurashi grabbed the boxes, and began passing out the clothing. Jeans were the common run for everyone, including Inuyasha. Most were either dark blue or black, and were quickly followed by t-shirts that also were of a dark colour. The one exception was the clothing for Sango. While not as dark, as what was handed out to the males, it was considerably more feminine in nature and accented her muscular and yet graceful build quite nicely.

"The clothing that I have gotten for you all, is a lot more snug fitting than you are used to, however, it should not restrict your movements much more that what you normally wear," spoke Kagome's mother. "It is one of the reasons why this kind of clothing is most common nowadays. It is not the latest in fashion, however, it is functional and tasteful by todays standards, especially among the young."

Souta spoke up, "We can use my room for the guys to change their clothes in. At least two or three at a time can fit comfortably in there while changing. I will go with you to show you how these clothes fasten. It is simple, but being new to it, it might frustrate some." At that, Ginta, Hakkaku, and Miroku followed Souta upstairs.

"Sango, Ojii-san can show you where Kagome's room is. You can change in there," stated Mrs. Higurashi. "Do you need any help?"

"Iie, Nisou-sama. Kagome and I often bath together in the hot springs and pools in our adventures, and I have had the opportunity to see how her clothes fit." she replied.

"Well, if you need help, just ask," said Higurashi-nisou as Sango followed Ojii-san upstairs to change her clothes.

"Were you able to get any information regarding this gang that attacked Kagome?" asked Inuyasha.

"Hai! I am happy to say that my pack-rat of a dad keeps every newspaper he can get his hands on, and he was able to obtain a quite a few articles and reports about this group," she replied. "Sadly, it is not as informative as would be prefered. But it does give some information and might help you."

"Good," said Inuyasha taking the information that Ojii-san had put together. He spread it out on the table, and those still in the room began going over each article and image that was found.

The pictures, despite being in black and white, were the worst of the gathered information. The obvious tortured bodies, and even the few injured survivors were almost to horrible to consider. Poor Shippou found it too much to handle, and not wanting to appear weak before his peers tried his best not to look sick at the images before him. Mrs. Higurashi seen the determined attempt on the kitsune's part to try to look strong and brave. Her heart went out to the young kit, and she tried to come up with some way to make it easier for him, without him losing face in front of the others.

"Shippou-chan! I think we need to refresh the snack trays. I could use some help," she spoke up.

"I could help you, Nisou-sama," Shippou said almost too eagerly. He was happy to have some way to get away from the images before him. He knew what had happened to Kagome, having been at the old well when Inuyasha first brought his mother figure home. It sickened the little kit's heart to think that his Okaa-san had been treated in so vile a manner, and it brought back too many of the memories of his own mother and father's death.

"That would be great, Shippou-chan," she said. The two made their way with empty trays to the kitchen.

As they were putting together the tea, more sandwiches and snacks, Shippou was a bit surprised when Kagome's mother asked, "Those pictures bothered you, didn't they Shippou-chan?"

He cringed, the look of shame crossing his face before he could stop it. Of course Higurashi-nisou saw and a knowing smile graced her peaceful features.

"It is alright, Shippou-chan. No one else has to know. I thought you might like to get away from the frightening pictures for a bit," she said.

"It...it..." **sigh** "It hurts to think that someone did that to Okaa-san. It...it..." **sniffle, sob** "It reminds me too...too...too much of my real parents. My father was skinned alive by the Thunder Brothers for his hide. It is sick that people would do that...," Shippou despite his best efforts lost his battle to the tears that he could no longer hold back. Kagome was not there to hug him, and Sango was busy, besides her hugs just were not quite the same. To his surprise a pair of warm, inviting, understanding arms wrapped around the little kit and hugged him, welcoming him to cry his sorrow out as he needed to so badly to do.

He gave himself to his tears, and was grateful for the shoulder offered. But he was even more surprised when another sound caught his attention.

"Oi, runt. You ok?" spoke Inuyasha from the doorway.

Shippou turned his tear filled eyes to the hanyou, who he looked up to like a hero and to some degree a father. Inuyasha had helped him to get vengeance for his father's death, and had saved his life many times. But he knew that the hanyou didn't like weakness, and he was ashamed to see that he was found crying.

Inuyasha walked up to Kagome's mother, and took the kit from her arms. He held Shippou, not unlike he had seen Kagome do many times when the kit had nightmares or was upset, and looked him in the face, "Shippou! It is alright. We are all sickened and upset about what happened to Kagome. We all show our anger and upset in different ways. Even my brother. When you get older, you will find your own way to show your grief and cope with how you feel. For now, you are entitled to cry and should not be ashamed of doing what is quite natural for you to do."

With those words, Shippou just buried his face in the hanyou's haori and cried like he had never let himself do since before his father had died. Kagome's mother looked on with a nod of approval, and understanding to the hanyou. Inuyasha felt pleased that his actions seemed to be the right thing to do, and just held onto the kit and let him cry.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment