Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 13 - Loosing control!

What do you mean Inuyasha asked a now nervous Mrs. Higurashi. She saw the look in the hanyou's eyes, and the feral gleam promised things that she didn't even want to conceive. It left her shuddering in fear.

Contains Violence, Language, Rape

Chapter 13 - Loosing control!

Chapter 13 - Loosing control!
About halfway through the news broadcast, the viscious growling of one hanyou, and four youkai filled the house. Surprisingly, the Higrurashi family didn't find the sound terrifying, but rather in some small way, comforting. What was the most surprising was that the Youkai Lord himself, seemed the most strongly affected, very closely followed by Inuyasha.

Without warning, the Great Lord was suddenly standing in the corner of the room, where he had been quietly sitting just a moment before. His growl had reached a level where it seemed to vibrate the very walls of the room. His hands were raised, and his claws were lengthening. His head held low, so that his face could not be clearly seen.

The ookami whined and began to slink out of the room. The other youkai knowing what was happening, followed them as quietly and slowly as possible. Inuyasha urged Souta and Ojii-san from the room, as Miroku urged Mrs. Higurashi to leave as well. She, however, would not be pushed around her home so easily, nor would she be easily frightened.

"Nisou-sama, you do not understand," quietly spoke Miroku. He knew that the Youkai Lord was fighting very hard to keep his beast at bay, but was slowly losing the battle.

Miroku could only assume that the empathic link that had tied him to the little Miko, having witnessed what she had experienced, and now seeing this horrifying report on this TV, was almost more than the Great Lord could tolerate. Back in Sengoku Jidia, Sesshomaru would have gone out and hunted to relieve the anger that was currently overriding his ability to think rationally. But here in Kagome's time, such a hunt was not possible, and it was at least a couple of hours until they could leave the Shrine for the hunt that they were planning.

Quickly and calmly, Miroku explained as best he could, this information to Mrs. Higurashi, but just as her daughter, she still refused to be pushed from her livingroom, or to be terrified of the Youkai Lord.

By now, Sesshomaru's claws were dripping with his well known poison. The acid like liquid burning holes into the floor where he stood. He had lifted his face, just enough that it could be seen, and for the first time, Mrs. Higurashi got to see a glimpse of the world her daughter had come to know so well.

His eyes were like blood red glowing rubies, filled with such anger as she could not imagine. His fangs had lengthened and in their doing so, had cut his bottom lip just enough to cause it to bleed, the blood dripping down his chin and onto his usually pristine white clothing. His claws where easily three inches in length, and still dripping the corrosive acid that seemed to glow around his hands.

But somewhere deep down in those eyes, she saw pain. Pain and anquish that no creature should have to bare alone. It touched her heart, just as it would have the heart of another if she had been there, and she knew that this pain was not just his own, but the pain that her daughter had gone through.

Mrs. Higurashi was not a miko, nor did she have any miko powers. She had never exhibited any in her life and she was as surprised as her father, to find out that Kagome not only had such powers, but that she carried them in such powerful levels as to be legendary even in Sengoku Jidai. But the one thing that the mother of the little Miko did have, was empathy.

Her empathy was well known to her family, and among their closest friends. It had become quite a benefit over the years to the shrine. Many were the sorrowful souls, seeking someone to lean on that found solace in the ear of a single mother, who had a heart big enough to fill all of Tokyou and beyond. It was that heart that now reached out to the enraged Beast standing in her livingroom, struggling to maintain his sanity.

Having never had to deal with such beings before, the one thing that Mrs. Higurashi never knew, was that she did have some small miko powers. They were not noticeable, because in her time, they were not needed as much as they might have been had she been in the Warring States Era. She had a powerful and soothing scent. One that worked with her empathy. Even on ningens it had a calming effect. But it worked on a purely unconscious and instinctive level.

Had anyone known, and tried to analyze her abilities, they would have called them pheromones. To ningens, they are almost unnoticeable because the ningen sense of smell is so weak and little used. But to the youkai, hanyou, and ookami in the room it was more than apparent.

She calmly pushed Miroku aside and with quiet confidence literally radiating from her every pore, she walked back into her livingroom and right up to the Taiyoukai. She stopped just in front if him, and slowly reached out to touch his face. As her hand got close, his first reaction was to jerk his head back away from the encroachment, but as he did, he took a deep breath and the scent of lavendar and roses suddenly washed through his senses.

The effect was almost immediate. He could feel his grip on reality strengthen, and as her hand gently stroked his fevered brow, his world suddenly stopped being a bloody shade of red. The sounds around him returned to normal, and he could think clearly once again. The glow of poisonous vapors that had surrounded his enlongated claws, evaporated and his claws returned to their normal state. His fangs returned to normal, leaving the only thing left to show his loss of control, the trail of blood that had run down his chin and dripped on his haori, and the damage to the floor near his feet.

As everyone else looked on in complete shock, Kagome's mother took the Taiyoukai by the hand, and led him unresistingly from the room, upstairs and disappeared. Everyone was too stunned for words.

In Souta's room, with the door closed for some privacy, Kagome's mother turned to Sesshomaru.

"Sesshomaru-sama, are you alright now?" she asked quietly and with all the respect she could put behind those words.

Her scent continued to offer its calming effects, and he closed his eyes and welcomed the relief. When he could trust himself to speak normally, he opened his eyes and looked at the little Miko's mother.

"Hai!" he said. As though that was enough for her, Higurashi-nisou smiled, and turned to leave the room. Before she could complete the maneuver, a clawed hand reached out and grabbed her shoulder. She stopped and looked at the hand, then quietly turned back to the Taiyoukai.

"Know that this Sesshomaru is grateful for your aid. Gomen nasai, for my lack of restraint," he stated as calmly has ever.

Mrs. Higurashi looked deeply into the Youkai Lord's eyes. Something that she found there seemed to register and she came to a decision.

"My Lord! You are a Youkai of great strength of body and character. You are, also, a being of considerable power," she said with complete assurance. "But as your link to my daughter should prove, you are also a person of incredible passion. Not just the negative passion either. Else that sword you bare on your hip would not be sitting where it is. Do not deny your right to the passions that Nature meant for us all to have. If you do, one day they will control you, and not the other way around."

"You do yourself a great disservice if you continue to do so, and that is beneath the man you can yet be. It is unworthy of who you are, and the heritage of your father," she stated. "Take what time, and privacy you need, my Lord. You are always welcome here, and your privacy will be respected while you are under my humble roof."

Once again, she turned to leave, and once again he stopped her as before.

"You need to know that you have a most remarkable daughter. Now I know where she gets her strength, courage, and compassion from. She is more than simply ningen, and she will always have the protection of the Inu no Taisho. I swear it." was his reply.

"Arigato, Sesshomaru-sama. Your words ease this mother's heart very much. You are a credit to your heritage and your race. May the kami bless your future a thousand times over for your generosity and compassion," was her response. With that she left the room, closing the door quietly to give the Lord his privacy and some peace.

Sango had fled from the room, shortly after they had shown the images, having run upstairs. Mrs. Higurashi found her sitting on Kagome's bed. Surprising to Mrs. Higurashi, the young woman was not crying. Instead she found Sango sitting red faced and it appeared that the onna was holding back on barely suppressed rage and anger.

"It would seem, from the flairing tempers around here that my daughter has chosen her friends and extended family well," she smiled at the Taijiya.

Sango turned to her and hung her head in shame. "Gomen nasai, Higurashi-nisou. I didn't mean t...."

"Nonsense dear onna. No apology needed. It is apparent that my daughter has left a remarkable influence on all of you. It is a credit to her personality and her good taste in friends. She has chosen wisely, I think," she told Sango.

"What happened to Kagome is truly a most horrible thing. As her friend, and sister, you have every right to the anger you feel. Never be ashamed of that. Very few women in this day and age are able to even defend themselves against the even the simplest of unwelcome advances. Of those who can, none could possibly compare to the strength, courage, and skill of one such as you. I am proud to know you are sister to my daughter, and know that you are there if she needs," said Mrs. Higurashi.

Sango took a deep breath and was able to calm herself. Once she felt in control, she nodded her thanks to the woman who had given birth to her remarkable 'sister', and without thinking she reached out and hugged her. Mrs. Higurashi's best and most important skill was hugging. Something that she had lots of practice doing. She returned the hugged and patted the Taijiya on the back, letting her know that everything would be alright.

==============================

Sesshomaru sat for awhile in Souta's room. He had not yet changed his clothes, but knew he had to fairly soon. He sat contemplating the little Miko's Okaa-san and her words. She seemed to be almost as intriguing a person, as her daughter was. Thanks to her bravery, or foolishness - depending upon your point of view - she had managed to bring him back from the brink of temporary insanity.

He felt shame. Shame and confusion. Why had he lost control of himself? Sure the report had been bad, by ningen standards for this era, even horrible. But it was nothing to Sesshomaru. He didn't know the victim, didn't want to know her, probably would never even remember her name. So why had such a thing seemed to bother him so much?

There was no doubt that the crimes of these....things....were vile. Hell, considering what they were in the habit of doing, and who their victims most commonly were, the actions of this gang were nothing short of sadistic and cowardly. To delight in such pain, inflicted on innocent young joshi's, some not more than children who were not really able to fight back, much less defend themselves, was an act of cowardess that sickened the Youkai Lord.

It occurred to him that somehow, his inner beast had begun to see these acts as though they were all being committed against the little Miko. But it went beyond that, especially since he had been linked with her. Somehow, in his Beast's mind, his sometimes convoluted and odd way of viewing things, these acts might as well have been being committed against his Rin.

Each dark haired, young, smiling faced onna, was either the little Miko's or Rin's. It didn't matter that they weren't. It didn't matter that these things could never reach his Rin, or get to the little Miko again. All that mattered, to the possessive and protective Blood Beast, was that there were those out there that were perfectly capable of committing such acts and taking delight in the pain they caused. And if by some freak of nature, they either lived in his time, or he in theirs, those he cared most for could be threatened by their very existance.

Somewhere in the back of his mind, he felt a soothing warmth that seemed to reach out to the almost fevered mind of the stressed Taiyoukai, and the inner seething of his Youkai self. At first he didn't know where this strange feeling came from, he only knew it was welcome. It soothed his inner turmoil and eased the deep seated anquish that he barely even knew he felt. Then it clicked. It was her. Even 500 years distant, she had managed to feel his anquish and though it had taken some time, she had managed to feel his pain, and reached out from a small village hut, in a far distant time, and offered what comfort she could.

He sighed, and welcomed the healing she gave, and renewed his vow that these vile and horrid animals would pay for the pain they caused. With renewed determination, he turned to change his clothes and to return to the gathering downstairs.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment