Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 14 - Yet another Victim!

What do you mean Inuyasha asked a now nervous Mrs. Higurashi. She saw the look in the hanyou's eyes, and the feral gleam promised things that she didn't even want to conceive. It left her shuddering in fear.

Contains Violence, Language, Rape

Chapter 14 - Yet another Victim!

Chapter 14 - Yet another Victim!
Chapter 14 - Yet Another Victim!


While Sesshomaru had taken sorely needed time to regain control of himself, Kouga, Shippo, and Inuyasha had decided to use Ojii-san's room to change into their clothing. It had presented something of a problem at first for Kouga and Shippo, as even with loose fitting shirts, there seemed no way to hide their errant and uncontrollable tails.

For Shippo, it was not so bad, especially as he could disguise himself with his kitsune magic. But Kouga didn't have the same advantage. He had needed to open a few stitches in the back seam of the jeans to allow for the presence of his tail. But while this meant that he was not in pain from having to stuff the easily excited length of fur into the snug fitting jeans, it also left it open for everyone to see.

For him, the problem was conveniently solved, when Higurashi-daitoku suddenly appeared with a long, black robe that he referred to as a 'trench' coat. While if fit snuggly from the shoulders to just above the waist, from there down it flared out and easily provide enough camouflage for the wayward appendage, and since their exposure in the daylight was going to be kept to a minimum, they were not concerned about its minor chances of being seen.

This, however, did nothing for the more than attractive and quite voluminous tail of the Youkai Lord. He, too, had 'modified' his dark, snug fitting jeans to accommodate the needs of its considerable presence. A 'trench coat' was not a choice in this particular instance, especially as there was just TOO much of the darn thing to hide that easily, no matter how it was arranged.

It was finally decided to just leave it alone. What they were planning was not going to keep them in this era for long, and was only going to leave them exposed at night. At that, they were going to be in some of the darkest places the city had to offer, and with the speed at which the Youkai Lord was capable of, in the long run, his exotic appearance might actually make parts of their plan all the easier. With that being the case, a Great Taiyoukai of the Feudal Age, graced the living room of the Higurashi household in deep, dark, tight fitting denim, and a long sleeved, snug fitting black t-shirt that added considerable eye appeal to his well force musculature and accented his almost glowing pale skin.

Finally, with everyone calmed down, and all gathered back together in the Higurashi living room, the odd mix of characters once again returned to finalizing their plans. Part of that effort required someone to go out and scout out the area that they were looking to 'invade' that night. It took some debate, and a bit of persuasion, but it as finally decided that Kouga would take Souta, and tackle the task at hand.

Kouga was capable of considerable speed, and with his usual headband adjusted just a bit, or his hair taken down from its ever present high pony tail, his ears were not a problem. Souta could take a camera with him, and take pictures of the area they needed to know the layout. It would, also, give Kouga a chance to pickup any scent markers in the 'Nightwalkers' Graveyard' making it easier for everyone to more readily find their targets.

Sango, who had felt that they were missing something, suddenly realized what it was, "Inuyasha, if this information that we are working with is accurate, then these 'Nightwalkers' have been taking victims at least every few days. Some they keep with them for several days or longer. They have to be keeping their victims somewhere, or have someplace that they commonly take them once their are captured."

"She's right," said Kouga. "That leaves us with a problem."

"What problem?" asked Ginta.

The answer came from the stoic and icy voiced Youkai Lord. "They obviously have at least one, if not more victims currently in their possession. The matter is how many, where are they keeping them, and what condition are they in? And...if we find them, what do we do with them?"

Before anyone could answer, the phone rang, and Mrs. Higurashi excused herself to answer it, while everyone offered ideas or suggestions on what to do about the newly realized problem. There had to be something that they could do, but they had to be careful at the same time. They could not risk being seen and identified. And it was all important that nothing be left behind that might lead anyone to the Higurashi Shrine.

When Kagome's mother returned, Sango immediately rushed over to grab the woman, who looked about ready to faint, Miroku offered the chair he was sitting on. Souta ran to the kitchen and came back with a glass of water, and Inuyasha went to her and urged her to tell them what happened on the phone.

"Apparently, last night after Kagome left Ayumi's house, Ayumi got upset that her father didn't offer to bring Kagome home in the car. She was worried about Kagome and before her mother or father could stop her, she ran out the door to go find her and make sure that Kagome was safe," was the softly whispered response. Everyone knew without question what the next words were going to be, but silently wait for the anguished mother to continue.

"Ayumi never came home. Her father has been out all night and all day looking for her, and has found no clues or sign of her. They have called the police, but in the past when the police have tried to scout out the area and by chance of gotten near to any of their victims before they are finished with them, they were always found dead. Usually their bodies are found stuffed in garbage cans, and left for the police to easily discover."

At this, Mrs. Higurashi broke down and sobbed. This whole thing was just too much, and now someone else that was close to her family was hurt. Sure Ayumi was not family, but she was a close friend to Kagome, and to even think that Ayumi was suffering right this moment at the same brutal hands that had hurt her daughter was almost overwhelming. Inuyasha and Sango both held her and let her have the moment she needed. She had been holding up so well, even considering the heartache she must be suffering over Kagome. No one should have to go through this kind of thing.

"Call her mother and father, and tell them to bring something of their daughter's over here," came the voice of the Youkai Lord. A voice that was so cold, quiet, and commanding that it left chills running down the spines of everyone in the room. Seeing as how, Mrs. Higurashi was not in any condition to make the phone call, Ojii-san made the call. He gave no specifics and refused to give a reason, but insisted to Ayumi's father that this request brooked no argument and the explanations would be made when they arrived.

It took almost no time for the two to arrive. Mrs. Takenouchi was obviously distraught, and Mr. Takenouchi was barely even in control of himself. Once they were in the house, the first thing that caught their attention were the ookami. Finding five wild ookami roaming loose in a friend's home, unrestrained can do wonders for one's heart.

"Mayuki-san, Hidenori-san! Thank you for coming over so quickly," said Mrs. Higurashi, who had regained control of herself by the time the worried couple arrived. She had gotten so used to the good behavior of the ookami that she had forgotten that they were wild. Kouga stepped forward and spoke unexpectedly, which made the two new arrivals jump at first.

"Stand perfectly still and calm yourselves," he said in a tone that brooked no argument. "If you show no fear they will not harm you. Just stand still, and let them catch your scent."

The Takenouchi's were in no position to refuse the order. In fact, they were so scared that they could not have moved if they tried. Kagome's mother saw this and knowing that there even more shocks in store for the pair immediately took things in hand.

"Mayuki-san, Hidenori-san. Onegai! What you are seeing here, and what we are going to show you much never leave this house. You must never say a word to anyone about anything you are about to see," she spoke.

About this time, Sesshomaru walked through the crowd, who parted and let him pass. He stood directly in front of the two fearful and distraught parents, and stared them right in the eye.

"Do you wish to find your daughter?" he asked emotionlessly.

"H-h-hai! Onegai!" was all the Mayuki could say, and her husband could only nod.

"You will say nothing about what you see in this house. I will find your daughter, and we will take care of those who seek to harm her and others like her....," he said, "but you must pay a price for what we do."

Hidenori finally was able to find his voice, "Onegai, sir! We would pay any price to have our daughter returned to us. If you can help, I will do anything you ask!"

The man was obviously distraught, but no one pointed this out to him. The Taiyoukai just stared into the eyes of both parents, and after a moment he nodded and motioned them to follow him. He turned and went back into the living room, returning to the spot he had occupied earlier. The ookami followed quietly.

One of whom, a near white dog, followed Ayumi's mother. When the woman and her husband sat down of the space cleared for them on the couch, the dog rested her head on Mayuki's knee and with big soulful eyes, whimpered and nuzzled the woman's hand.

Mayuki started for a moment, and tried to pull away. She was unsure of what this wild animal wanted of her, and in her uncertainty, she was scared. Patiently, the dog whined and leaned forward to again nuzzle Mayuki's hand.

Kouga barked at the rather forward dog, who turned to the Ookami Prince and whimpered and yipped at him. Kouga barked back, then turned to Ayumi's mother.

"Onegai! Forgive the dog's boldness. She feels your pain, and in her own way is trying to offer comfort to you. She means no harm," he said. "We are gathered for very much the same reason as you are here. Chiyuki knows this and finds the stress difficult to handle without taking action."

It took a moment for what Kouga said to register on Mayuki. But then things clicked and hesitantly she reached out and quietly petting the ookami on the head and scratched her ears. The ookami closed her eyes and softly whimpered again, and somehow in the sharing of a similar pain, the two females found a bit of comfort.

Hidenori had also picked up on what the Ookami Prince had said, but on a different part. "You say that you are gathered for the same reason that we are here!" As the words left his mouth, it dawned on him what was meant. The colour left his face and he turned to Mrs. Higurashi, "you don't mean...NO! NO! Please tell me I am wrong. She wasn't, she isn't....Ok Kami...." and the man ran from the room.

"I will get him," said Ojii-san, and he hurried after Ayumi's father.

"What? What did he mean?" said a worried Mayuki.

Mrs. Higurashi didn't know of an easy way to tell the woman. She knew that Ayumi's folks felt bad enough about their own daughter, but to find out in this way that Ayumi's worst fears were realized was only going to add to the already over stressed woman. Nevertheless, she needed to know. Before she could speak, someone else said the words that Mrs. Higurashi knew was upper most on the minds of everyone here.

"These 'Nighwalkers' attacked Kagome shortly after she left your house last night," said Inuyasha. He was angry with these people, and felt justified in that anger. After all, they knew this time, and the places in it. They knew of these criminals and the dangers that they posed. Obviously, their daughter did as well, but she at least had tried to do something. They should have been more responsible. They should have given Kagome a ride home.

But seeing the guilt on Mayuki's face, and the horror of the realization on Hidenori's prevented him from speaking his mind. He knew that they already had figured it out for themselves, and knew that they would torture themselves more than anything he could say. So for one of the few times in his life, he said nothing.

"Oh kami! She didn't! You don't mean that....Oh kami...how badly was she hurt?" cried Ayumi's mother. "Is she alive? I didn't see anything on the news! Is she at the hospital?" The questions just kept pouring out. It was obvious that she was becoming hysterical. But no one was sure what to say or do.

"YOU WILL STOP! NOW!" was the half roar that suddenly filled the room. The hysterical mother promptly shut up and froze in terror. The ookami catching the fear in her scent stood, hackles standing, and fangs bared, low growls rumbling from their throats.

"You will calm yourself now! You do yourself, your daughter, and Kagome no good by your hysterics," were the cold, now quiet words of the Youkai Lord. "If you wish to help us find your daughter, you will get a hold of yourself and you will do it NOW!"

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment