Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 15 - Nothing to forgive!

What do you mean Inuyasha asked a now nervous Mrs. Higurashi. She saw the look in the hanyou's eyes, and the feral gleam promised things that she didn't even want to conceive. It left her shuddering in fear.

Contains Violence, Language, Rape

Chapter 15 - Nothing to forgive!

Chapter 15 - Nothing to forgive!
It seemed harsh, but nevertheless it had the desired effect. The hysterics stopped and Mayuki seemed to regain control over herself. She looked at Sesshomaru, she stared at her with cold determination. Despite the chill that ran down her spine, she knew that what lay behind those eyes was reserved for those who had taken her daughter and apparently hurt Kagome.

Still there was a sense of guilt and she knew in her heart that she would never find away to forgive herself, and her husband, even if the Higurashi's did. Ayumi had insisted that the take Kagome home last night. She could still hear her daughter screaming at their insensitivity and carelessness. Now, because they had chosen to ignore their daughter's warning, both joshi had suffered. How badly remained to be seen.

"Mayuki-san...there are things that you need to know...about who these people are, what has happened since last night, and what will be happening tonight. But as Sesshomaru-sama told you and Hidenori, NONE of this information must leave these walls or this shrine," said Mrs. Higurashi to the now calmed mother.

Mayuki was still looking at the Youkai Lord. Only now did she really see what was before her. A creature of such ethereal beauty as to be almost angelic. A being with golden eyes, and long silver tresses that put most women to shame. A being with odd, yet attractive markings on his face, a regal stance that spoke of royalty, a strange fur something that seemed to be a natural part of him, wrapped over one shoulder, fingers that seemed to end in long, deadly looking, sharp claws, pointed almost elvish ears, and were those the glint of fangs when he had spoken?

She nodded to him, to let him know she understood his words and his intent. Seeming to be satisfied with what he saw, he stepped back to his original place, once again.

"Did you bring something of your daughter's as was requested?" he asked.

"Hai," was her reply. She took the bag she still had under her arm, and reached inside and brought out her daughter's hairbrush. It had been sitting right on her dresser and was the first thing immediate to hand when she dashed into Ayumi's room to get something just before they ran out of the house to come to the shrine. "This is my daughter's brush. She uses it all the time. If it is not suitable, I can go get something else."

"It is adequate," said the stoic Taiyoukai, who turned to look at Kouga. Kouga immediately took the brush and right away started showing it to the ookami. As it was being passed around and everyone taking the moment to sniff it, Mrs. Higurashi took the time to explain to Mayuki.

"Mayuki-san, I do not have time to go into specifics and details of Kagome's past four years. To be honest, there is just too much and most of it is really not my place to speak of. But you do need to know that these people, are not from this time. With the exception of Miroku-sama, and Sango-san," both of whom bowed to the anguished and confused mother, "and Inuyasha-san, who looked impatient, all here are youkai. Inuyasha-san is hanyou, and of course there are the ookami. They are all from 500 years ago, in Sengoku Jidai," said Kagome's mother.

"Youkai? 500 years...but how...wh...?" but Mayuki was cut off by Inuyasha.

"Much of that is not important right now. Much of that is on a need to know basis. However, know that yes, Kagome was attacked last night, apparently not long after she left your home. I was able to rescue her," he said, although the pain in his voice left no doubt how he felt about the matter, and Mayuki could swear that she was hearing a growl coming from somewhere in the room. "Unfortunately, I was not soon enough to keep her from being seriously injured. Details of that Higurashi-nisou can provide later."

"As for the rest of us here," he continued with more determination. "The one commanding the ookami, is Kouga-sama. He is the reigning Prince of the Ookami Tribe. The two with him are brothers from his pack, Ginta and Hakkaku." The youkai in question all bowed to the astonished onna.

"The little runt here, is Shippo-chan, Kagome's pup," Inuyasha continued, leaving Mayuki further astonished, "and the one over there in the corner is my youkai half brother, Sesshomaru, Lord of the Western Lands."

"Both Sesshomaru and myself, are Inu. Kouga-sama and his pack brothers are ookami, of course. Shippo-chan is kitsune, and the neko that sits with Sango-san, is bi-neko mononoke. We all have far more superior senses than you ningens, and the brush of your daughter's is to give us her scent."

"We plan on paying a 'visit' to these 'Nightwalkers', and 'speaking' to them about their rather nasty habits, and their choice of victims. With your daughter's scent, we will be able to track her, and find her." he stated.

"We will find her, and no matter what, we will return her to you," spoke Sesshomaru again. Mayuki knew that it was a sworn oath, and not just a few worthless words. Somehow, she found her fear of these beings rapidly fading. Her daughter's life hung in the balance, and that balance was lined with youkai. Youkai and ookami who may or may not have been of this world, but right now promised to bring her only child back to her. No matter what it took, or the payment they asked of her, she knew that she would give whatever the cost. Even if it meant her life.

================================

While Mrs. Higurashi and Sango got more refreshments and tea for everyone, Miroku and Shippo tried to help Mayuki get over some of the shock of the situation. Ginta and Hakkaku were a great help in reassuring her that her daughter would be found, and the quiet confidence of the Youkai Lord further alleviated her fears.

Souta had jury-rigged a map of the area that was known as the 'Nightwalkers' Graveyard', and it was laid out on the living room floor, where Sesshomaru and Inuyasha were studying the layout of the area. Kouga and Souta left on their errand to gather pictures of the alleys, passages, back streets, abandoned buildings, and haunted doorways of the despised and feared area. Souta had traveled before with Inuyasha, and knew what to expect with the Ookami Prince, although he was most astonished at how much faster Kouga was than his beloved hero.

It was in the Shrine proper that Ojii-san found a retched and almost broken man. What had once been a proud man, who might have otherwise been kneeling before the go-shintai of the Shrine. Now, there was a huddled mass of a broken hearted man, who might just as well have crawled in from the nearest halfway house.

Although, almost no sounds could be heard coming from the breathing mass on the floor before the go-shintai, Ojii-san would see the shaking that showed that Hidenori was crying. Crying like he had probably not done since a child himself. Adults do not cry, it is weakness, and dishonourable.

But that was a line of thinking that Higurashi-daikotu didn't agree with by half. Everyone had feelings, feelings were important. Feelings mattered more than people gave them credit for. The kami gave everyone the ability to feel, and if the kami gave that gift to their children, then there had to be a reason, and a value in them. The value depended on how those feelings were put to use.

For awhile, the Daikotu just kneeled by Hidenori. He didn't say a word. Didn't demand anything, didn't asked anything, didn't expect anything. It was enough to just be there. Be there as was proper for a good Daikotu and to let the man know that someone was there for him when he was ready.

"Gomen nasai! Gomen nasai! Gomen nasai!" seemed all the poor soul could muster after Ojii-san had sat there for awhile. He put a hand on the man's shoulder and gave him a reassuring squeeze. At this Hidenori looked up into Ojii-san's face, and a look of confusion crossed his face.

"How...how can you bare to even look at me, let alone touch me?" he asked, loathing dripping from his voice. Daikotu knew that the emotion was not directed at him, and so took no offense at the insult.

"I am an old man, Hidenori-san. I have been a daitoku almost my entire life. As far back as I can remember, it was all I ever wanted to be," said the tired old grandfather. "My family is as much my life as being Daikotu to this shrine. Like you, I hurt for my granddaughter and what Fate handed her. For her, I can do more than just look at you. I can help you if you wish. I can do my job as a Daikotu, and be here for you and your family."

"But...because of me, your granddaughter is hurt, or worse. Because, in my pride, I didn't listen to my own daughter, I let your Kagome get hurt. I have no excuse. There would never be one even remotely suitable for my actions, or rather lack of action. I cannot even find it in myself to ask that you forgive me." cried the anguished father.

"If she were here, Kagome would tell you herself. There is nothing to forgive," said the Daikotu. "Fate hands us our destiny. Oh, we are given choices, and how our destiny ends up, is a result of those choices. But ultimately, we must still face the path that Fate chooses for us to follow."

Higurashi-daitoku continued, "For the past four years, my granddaughter has had a most unusual life."

"Hai! Ayumi has told me of her many and varied ailments. It must be difficult for you and your daughter," spoke Hidenori. Much to his surprise, the old man laughed.

"Iie. Gomen for laughing, but the reality of it is that Kagome has never had any of those illnesses that your daughter has heard about," admitted Daikotu. "You see, Fate has a most surprising and unique destiny for my granddaughter. In fact, her path was chosen for her hundreds years ago. When those at school believed that Kagome was away suffering some odd illness, what she was really doing was following a path like nothing you could possibly have ever imagined."

"A path that is filled with the fabled youkai, hanyou, and mononoke. A path that has made her the chosen Guardian of the legendary Shikon no Tama and quite possibly the most powerful and gifted Miko since Midoriko herself."

Of course, Hidenori looked at Ojii-san like senility had set in, but again, the old man laughed and this time, he simply held out his hand.

"Come, let me show you that which will make you believe in wonders like you never knew possible. Let me introduce you to those who WILL find your daughter, and who the kami have gifted with the ability to bring justice to those that even our own authorities are unable to find," spoke Daikotu as he stood.

"In my granddaughter's world, miracles happen everyday. Some she is personally responsible for. Many others are because of those who are now more family to her, than her mother, brother, or even I am now. Let me introduce you to a room full of wonders and miracles and let them show you how to forgive yourself for the events of last night," Ojii-san turned at that and led Hidenori back into the house, and to the living room.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment