Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - The lady and the host

If u love Ouran High school host club and Fruits Basket Then you will love this story its like ouran host club in certain ways.

Chapter 4 - The lady and the host

Chapter 4 - The lady and the host
It had been a week since Tohru began 'working' for the Zodiac Host Club. To her amusement, the group was actually quite charming.

To begin with, she first learned of what exactly the host club did. Around lunch time, girls would pour into the room like a swarm of bees each searching out their favorite host or whomever they chose. Others that wanted to be 'daring', as Ayame stated, would pick out a fortune cookie from a basket and read what zodiac member they would be entertained by that day. All the boys had their own zodiac animal name and for some reason the girls loved the names. Usually they used them as pet names while the boys would playfully flirt with them.

Tohru wondered how and why girls would spend their money and time this way. Then again she could see how this abode would be the perfect get-away. It was relaxing and the way these boys acted, it would make any girl happy. They would entertain the girls each in their own special way.

Tohru set down a fresh tea tray and stepped back to observe her new employers.

Starting with the youngest, Hiro was the 'wild child' type and the sheep. He had an arrogent attitude and an upturned nose. But his rough attitude somehow sent the girls coming. Nevertheless, Hiro never spared a moment to criticise Tohru's work around the home.

Next in line was Momiji the rabbit. Tohru couldn't help but fall in love with the adorable boy. He was the 'lolita' type. Momiji looked to be about Hiro's age but in actuality he was much older! Momiji was about Hatsuharu's age in fact! Girls loved how Momiji seemed so playful and young spirited-- but his age was so well hidden!

Hatsuharu the cow was next. As the week went by and Tohru got to speak with him she realized why he was called the 'wile card' type. His moods were almost as bad as a girl around that time of the month! He had two sides to him, black and white, as the club described it. He was actually aloof and calm but once his black side kicked in it was as if hormones struck the man in an instant. She'd never seen it yet, but from what Yuki had told her, it was not a pretty sight. Some girls liked to take the chance with Haru and see which side of the handsome man she'd get.

Yuki was the 'prince' type and Tohru could see why. Yuki, the rat, was one of the most requested hosts in the club. His charm and good looks normally earned him the highest quota. Such peculiar violet-blue eyes made many drawn into him. Not to mention Yuki was a nice person and easy to get along with once you've met him. Without trying he could normally charm a girl with only a few words. He'd told Ayame he did not care for it, but Ayame insisted that he join the club. Remarkable was the only word Tohru could describe it. Tohru found herself chatting with Yuki after work hours since he seemed to always be making sure she was alright.

Ritsu was the 'feminie' type. Apparently when the monkey was younger he had an inferiority complex and found it easier to dress like a girl. Behind the man's shy nature he was a sweet person only asking to be accepted. Normally the girls would want Ritsu because they liked to please the host than the other way around. They would compliment him on his wardrobe, looks, and want to cheer him up. She found this relationship the most different from the others but hey, she wasn't complaining.

Ayame, Shigure, and Hatori were all roughly the same age.

Ayame-- oh excuse me. KING Ayame was the president of the Zodiac Host Club. As Tohru continued to live there, she noticed that the snake was quite the excentric president. His ideas came from no where, his voice always loud, his comments harsh but true, and his flirtatious nature rivaling that of Shigure. Nevertheless, Ayame really tried his hardest to see that things ran smoothly... although Hatori had to balance Ayame's eccentricity with his own level-headed-ness.

Oh and did I mention? Ayame and Yuki were brothers! Although, the two were poles apart. Apparently the two would always bicker about one thing or another. Ironic how Ayame was the King and Yuki was the Prince! Tohru sometimes had to break them up to prevent any bloodshead-- mostly on Yuki's part. Yuki had some form of martial arts as did Hatsuharu. They grew up together. One thing Tohru knew was apart from Hatori, Yuki could sway Ayame's decisions. Hence the reason Ayame let her reside with the Sohmas in the first place.

Next was Shigure. Shigure was the 'joker' type the the zodiac dog. Girls that had a good sence of humor normally requested Shigure. That was if they could handle his constant flirting and slight perverted-ness. Normally they did. Shigure was almost always carefree but when it came to serious matters, Tohru always thought Shigure was the one with good judgement. Though when he playfully flirted with her, Yuki normally sent him flying.

Finally was Hatori the dragon. Tohru actually never really talked to the man as much as the rest and he had the least quota for the entire party. He was the 'cool' type. Normally the shy girls would come to him and he would always treat them with utter most respect. He was a man of few words but when he did speak, he meant every single word. She often wondered what would make Hatori even consider joining this club...

"TOHRU!"

She snapped out of her thoughts and jumped up straight. "Yes, Momiji-sama!" She'd grown accustomed to calling each member as 'lord' during work hours.

The blonde boy jumped up into her arms and twirled her around with his momentum. "Tohru, Tohru, can I have another lolly pop?"

Tohru laughed nervously, "I don't know, you have had thirteen already, Momiji-sama."

"Pleeeease?"

"How about if you wait till dinner? I'm making dinner today."

Momiji's eyes lit up. Before Tohru had come to their home they always ate out or take in. Unfortunately everyone was a terrible cook, except Hatori, and could not chew down any more charcoal rich foods. Even though Hatori knew how to cook, he simply didn't do it claiming, 'learn to do it yourself'. Today was the first time he'd heard 'I'm making dinner today' in what seemed like eons.

"Really? You're making dinner? Did you ask Aya-chan?" Momiji asked excitedly.

"It's going to be a surprise." Tohru said putting a finger to her lip. "So don't spoil your appetite okay?" She reached down to the tray. "I cut up some mellon slices. How about that?"

Momiji cheered and grabbed one while thanking Tohru. He ran off to his next customer and plopped in her lap asking her if she wanted to play a game. Tohru shook her head and picked up her tray to refill Shigure's tea cup.

"Shigure-sama, would you like more tea?"

Shigure stopped laughing with the girl clasping his arm. "Tohru-kun! Oh I'd love more tea. Laya-hime, would you like some as well? Which type would you like?"

The girl blushed. "I don't know... what type do you like, Shigure-sama?"

Shigure tipped her face upwards. "Anything as long as I get to taste it from your lips."

"Oh, Shigure-sama!"

Tohru merely smiled and sweatdropped. She still couldn't understand why these girls loved to be talked to this way. As of the day she began working for them, she'd referred to them as 'sama' infront of customers to show that she was merly another servant. Just as Ayame instructed. But come closing time around five in the afternoon, the group would eat their dinner together and the normal names she'd use were always welcome. Everything in the host club was staged she decided.

She refilled Shigure's cup with Jasmine tea and did the same to the girl's cup before walking away hearing the pair giggle.

Had that been her and Sats--

Tohru frowned to herself. No, she would not think about him. She would NOT think about him! Slowly she turned back around to see the girl laughing at something Shigure said before slapping him on the arm. Tohru blinked and averted her eyes, away looking at a Mahogany coffee table leg. One week since she'd seen him. One week... and he still haunted her dreams.

Sometimes when she thought about it, and she didn't really like the way these men treated the customers. Even though they were just having fun and the girls were PAYING for the entertainment, didn't the men feel... awkward? Throwing these words around like they didn't mean anything? Didn't they ever think about a real relationship, not that of simply making girls happy?

Her heart constricted as she continued her train of thoughts while straightening the couch cushions. Didn't the girls hate it? Being lied to like that? 'You're beautiful. Your eyes are like the shining moon. I'd live a happier life with just one kiss from you.' But maybe these girls were not serious either. Everything going on around her was only pretend... just an escape from reality.

She turned to the window.

'I love you.'

Those words hurt the most. Those words she promised herself would never be thrown around so casually. That's what Hatori told her. She must have been looking really blue one day and Hatori asked her what was wrong. Leaving out the details she told him that someone she loved didn't love her back even though he said he loved her. Hatori didn't ask any questions although she did get his eyebrow to raise. He'd simply told her that love was a strong word. Once you've said it to another person, you had better keep your word.

That was it.

Those three words that every girl wanted to hear meant so much to her. And deep down she still loved him. She didn't know why. She didn't want to, but an aching feeling consumed her whenever she thought about that cheater. She'd kept her word... but he didn't keep his. She walked towards the window lifting her hand to touch the cool glass.

"Heart of my heart, I love you,
Life would be naught without you;
Light of my life, my darling,
I love you, I love you."

She leaned her head on the window frame singing lightly and barly above a whisper. She only wished the words of the song would not be true for her and her ex-lover. She wished she could say those words to someone who would only love her too.

"I can forget you never,
From you I ne'er can sever.
Say you'll be mine forever,
I love... you."

"Wow."

Tohru gasped and spun around to be face to face with Yuki. He smiled and cocked his head to the side.

"I'm sorry to startle you."

"No, no, I should have been paying more attention!" She bopped her head lightly. "Silly me!" She scrambled for her silver tray and began setting down plates with some kind of expensive dips and crackers.

"Honda-san."

"Please, Tohru is just fine!"

"Tohru...-san." Yuki shook his head. "Tohru-san, you have a nice voice." Tohru blushed and thanked him quietly. "You should sing more often."

"Ah, you really think so, Yuki-sama?"

"I do."

Tohru gave him a weak smile. "I'm sorry I just don't like to sing in front of other people."

"You know, that song you were singing..." Yuki started off. "It sounds so sad." Tohru stopped in her tracks at that. "I mean, one shouldn't have to be nothing without the person they love, right? I think a person can live without the one they love... but they simply choose not to."

Yuki turned his attention to the constant chattering in the main hall, putting his hands behind his back as he did so. Tohru continued to stare at the prince of the host club. "Even though at our host club a man tries to make women happy, it's completely different when he's trying to make one woman happy. There are certain things that a man would need to say and certain ways a man would need to act when he really likes a girl, enough to love her even." Yuki turned to Tohru with a smile.

"I'm not sure why you ran out of your wedding, Tohru-san, and I'm not sure why you put up with all this nonsence that us hosts put up for women everyday when you yourself were told empty flirtings and lies at one time with someone that you really did love. But I suppose that is the difference. A host club does not intertwine with the word 'love'. There are no strings attatched, and no way that a young lady's heart would be shattered."

Tohru raised her eyes to meet Yuki's. His speach was almost as if he'd read her mind. And suddenly she didn't feel as bad anymore. He was right: a host was a host, and love was love. She'd never seen any of the guys do anything initiating any intimate and real deep feelings. And she didn't have to beat herself over the head every time she thought about her ex-lover. She could... no, she would live without him.

She licked her lips and released a sigh. "Thank you, Yuki-sama. It seems like you were reading my mind. I had quiet a few things on it and you've just lifted a weight off my shoulders."

Yuki turned away. "Anytime, Tohru-san. I must get back to my table." Secretly, Yuki knew something troubled Tohru from the first day she started working there. It was just when he caught a small displeasured-look in her eyes after seeing Shigure flirt with the guest did he think about talking to Tohru, in directly of course, about the Host Club's number one rule: A Host was a Host and Love was Love. He sighed inwardly. What it felt like to be in love...

Back at the window, Tohru smiled and looked up at the ceiling. Suddenly she felt happy that she'd landed at the Zodiac Host Club. She had not felt this happy in a long while. With planning the wedding, her friends bogging her down about the man she was about to marry, and then finally realizing what a fool she was for loving a man like that, at that moment Tohru just felt happy. She decided she would try her best not to think of him anymore. She was here and he was out there having promiscuous sex with another girl.

And for some reason, she didn't care.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment