Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 18 - And then there were thirteen

If u love Ouran High school host club and Fruits Basket Then you will love this story its like ouran host club in certain ways.

Chapter 18 - And then there were thirteen

Chapter 18 - And then there were thirteen
Ah, Shigure-san!"

Shigure smiled warmly at Tohru as she and Kyo found him in the train station. Leaving the beach early that morning, Kyo and Tohru did not talk very much on the ride home. She didn't know what to say to Kyo since he seemed to have an aura around him... something conflicting within him.

But he was not mad, that she was sure of.

She saw Shigure from across the station and ran over to the zodiac dog, Kyo following not too far behind her. Shigure wore his gray yukata with his hands tucked away into his sleeves. He greeted the pair and they went to the car awaiting their return home.

"How was it?" He asked as he slammed the door closed. The driver pulled away from the large station.

Tohru beamed. "I had a lot of fun! Oh, and I met Kyo-kun's master, Kazuma Sohman-san!"

"He says hi..." Kyo added.

Shigure rubbed his chin as the car began the journey home. "Ah, it has been a while, Kazuma-san..." He turned to Tohru. "So you enjoyed yourself? I'm glad to hear that."

Tohru nodded but frowned slightly. She took her bag off her shoulders and sat back beside Shigure. "How is Momiji-kun and Yuki-kun?"

Shigure blinked and raised an eyebrow. "I don't think I quite understand..."

Kyo's ears perked up. "Wait, what?"

"Yuki-kun and Momichi are perfectly fine." Shigure looked as if a light bulb went on and he smirked seeing how shocked Kyo looked.

The boy leaned over Tohru, who was sitting in the middle, to get in Shigure's face.

"You mean that brat's leg is fine and that damn rat isn't sick?"

"Seat belt, Kyo-kun." Tohru reminded as Kyo grunted and quickly buckled himself in.

"What are you talking about, Kyo-chan?" Shigure laughed. "Looks like someone let the sun get to their brain and melt it."

Kyo looked of rage. "THOSE ASSES!"

Tohru looked relieved. "Ah, they're okay then! I'm so glad!"

Kyo turned on Tohru with an angry face. "Don't you see that little brat was playing us the whole time? He faked it all! Damn him to hell!"

Tohru blushed and clasped her hands in her lap. "I... I am glad you came with me anyway..." she said quietly only Shigure hearing it. The older man let a grin trace his lips.

"Momichi tells us that he could not book two separate rooms so you and Tohru-kun must have shared a room, eh?" Shigure put a hand to his face turning the other way. "My what a naughty boy, Kyo-chan is!"

"What the hell? You're the one thinking dirty crap, you damn dog, I didn't do anything to her!" Kyo defended himself.

"But you thought about it! Oh, don't lie!"

Kyo opened his mouth and shut it quickly. Okay so he thought about it... for a split second! It wasn't like he daydreamed like some pervert!

"Oh, we're here!" Tohru exclaimed staring out the window. Kyo snuck a glance at Shigure, the other man merely grinning at him. Kyo growled and opened the door to let Tohru out first, then him, and Shigure. "I haven't been so excited to come home before."

"Well, welcome home then." Shigure said beckoning the two into the house. Shigure didn't have to be a mind reader to figure out something more than just a little beach time happened when the pair were away. Now it was only a matter of time before Tohru would return Kyo's love. Nothing could spoil this moment. Oh, he couldn't wait to tell Ayame! They'd have so much fun!

Tohru awaited to see the main hall filled with her beloved friends and their customers, but was startled to see everyone in complete chaos. Everyone was running around like it was the end of the world or something.

"They're coming! Oh, hi, Tohru-- They're coming! Hurry, go get ready!" Ayame babbled running past them.

Shigure's eyes widened. "They're coming?"

"Yes!"

"Oh no, Kyo-kun, lets go."

"Right." Kyo started off for his room leaving Tohru standing at the door watching in awe.

"'They're coming...?'" She repeated to herself. Suddenly she caught Hatori's eye and the man came right for her. She took a step back, bumping her back against the door. "Wha...?"

"Put these clothes on." He passed her a bag. "They're Yuki's, they should fit well enough."

"Wait, but!"

"Tohru! Hurry, hurry, they might be here any second!" Momiji called from upstairs.

Tohru had absolutely no idea what was going on but in all the movement she just went with the flow and ran to the bathroom.

Hatori appeared again and tossed her a roll of cotton bandages. "Here, while you're at it." He pushed the bathroom door closed leaving Tohru with her knapsack still over her shoulders, her eyes now swirling.

"Um... okay..."

Moments later Tohru came out of the bathroom with Yuki's clothes hanging rather pitifully on her thin shoulders. Holding up the bandages she scratched her head in thought. "I don't get what the bandages..."

Hiro saw her and gasped. "Put those on your chest, you stupid girl! Men don't have breast!" She 'eeped' and ran back into the bathroom, unbuttoning Yuki's shirt and trying to figure out how to bind her breasts. She finally got it around her torso and pulled tight, constraining her breasts. She slipped the shirt on again and stared at herself in the mirror. Flat as a pancake.

She came back out and Yuki happened to pass by at the moment. "Honda-san!"

She was almost relieved to see she caught someone's attention. She went straight toward Yuki with a panicked face. "Yuki-kun what is going...!"

"Please, you must button your shirt up properly. Like this." Yuki reached for her chest and buttoned it all the way to her neck. "We will have to do something about your hair as well, here." Yuki pulled the ribbons out and gave her hair a little wave. "Ayame and Ritsu have long hair so they won't think much of it, but the ribbons give it all away. Oh, and maybe keeping your voice down an octave..."

"YUKI-KUN!" Tohru finally screamed making the entire house silent for a moment. It was rare that Tohru ever raised her voice. Yuki put his hands down to his sides seeing Tohru look like she was about to pass out. "What on earth is going on here? Why am I dressed like this? Why do I have to conceal my um, womanly parts, and why is everyone running around?"

Yuki paused for a moment before a knock came to the front door. Everyone gasped and turned back to Yuki and Tohru in apprehension.

The young man only sighed. "They found out that a girl is living here with us."

"Who is they?" Tohru asked quieting her voice.

"The Zodiac girls."

"Eh?"

Suddenly the door did not yield to the knocking when it burst open, smoke engulfing the doorway. Tohru looked up to see four silhouettes, two short ones and two rather tall ones standing in the foyer.

"Is there really a woman living here?" A girl burst out.

Shigure gave a slight wave. "Ah ha... Kagura, nice to see you."

The Zodiac boar ran to Shigure. "Tell me! Is there really a woman living here, Shi-chan? That can't be, my darling Kyo cannot be seduced by another woman!"

"I don't know if any seduction is going on in this house..."

A tall girl then came out of the sun light to look rather dark and annoyed. Her outfit was a bit risque for a woman of her age, but it completed her look without a doubt. She just screamed 'bad @$$'. "There was gossip at our Zodiac Girls Club about a female boarding here." Her cool eyes closed. "We had to check this out."

"H-Hiro-chan?" A smaller voice. "Is what Rin-oneesan says true?" A smaller girl, looking to be like a high-schooler, came from the doorway as well and found Hiro instantly.

"Kisa..."

Tohru had never seen Hiro's face actually blush before. Even with all the girls he swooned she'd never once seen his face turn pink like this just now. She gulped. If these girls were zodiac members, she recalled Yuki saying there were only three. So who was...?

"Kureno." It was Hatori who said his name. "It's been a while."

The last sihouette came out of the light to reveal a thin man with chestnut colored hair. He looked rather stiff standing in the doorway but a voice as calm as the sea breeze contrasted it. "I just happened to be on my way here when I met with Rin-san, Kagura, and Kisa-chan."

Tohru felt her breath hitch at the sight of him. It had been so long since she last saw him and she never expected to see him here of all places! She counted with her eyes, there were eleven Sohmas standing in this very room. Plus Kyo made twelve. Since Kyo was the cat then where was the last member of the zodiac?

Yuki leaned to speak into Tohru's ear. "These are the three girls of the Zodiac and that is Kureno Sohma, the rooster."

"Sohma...?" Tohru asked aloud. Kyo, not to far away, felt Tohru's sprits flare.

Suddenly Kureno stared right at Tohru, his eyes widening slightly. "To...Tohru-san?"

Tohru suddenly forgot about everyone in the room. It had been so long since she'd seen anyone from back home. She gasped and instantly ran into Kureno's arms.

"Ku-chan!"

Everyone's eyes widened to the size of dinner plates. "KU-CHAN!"

Tohru burried her face into Kureno's embrace. "Oh, I've missed you so much! I... I had no idea you were a S-Sohma!"

The man stared down at her and smiled softly. "So my eyes are not decieving me... it really is Tohru-san."

Kyo's temper flared at the sight. If Tohru had been confused just a moment ago, he was completely lost. Why was Tohru hugging Kureno and calling him such a stupid nickname like 'Ku-chan?' What was he to Tohru? Why did he just embrace her?

Shigure nudged Kyo's side. "Jealous are you?"

"Go to hell." He muttered.

"So," Rin put a hand on Tohru's shoulder, "who might you be?"

"Eh...? I'm Tohru...Honda..." She said slowly. Oops, maybe running into a man's embrace like that was not so smart since Yuki just told her the other Sohma girls didn't know a girl was living here. They might think she was a homosexual male or something! "Ah, but I'm not like that!" She instantly replied to her own thoughts.

"What are you talking about?" Rin barked.

"What a strange fellow." Kagura added.

Rin took a strand of Tohru's hair into her palm, twirling it around her finger. Tohru suddenly felt a pair of eyes watching rather carefully. Looking to the side, she saw Haru with a blank look, his lips just slightly parted. 'Rin! This is Rin-san that Hatsuharu-san was getting upset about! I wonder what it is? She's really so mysterious and beautiful. Ah, but why would talking about her make Hatsuharu-san so mad? Doesn't he love her?'

'She'll never love me back!' Haru's voice echoed in her mind.

She stared up at Rin's unyielding, cold orbs. Why didn't she love Haru as much as he loved her? Her stare made Tohru feel a gust of icy wind blow through her soul. "Tohru Honda... masculine don't you think? For such a feminine face..." Even her voice was so mature and serious... what an amazing person.

"Tohru is our help, Rin-san." Ayame pointed out seeing that Tohru was not responding.

"Strawberries," Rin turned her head slightly chilling the room at her observation, "he smells like strawberries."

All the men froze at that.

"Ah ha, yes well, Tohru does love strawberries!" Ayame sweatdropped. "And it is a bit offensive thinking that the poor boy is a girl don't you think?"

"Then why is he wearing Yuki's old clothes?" Kagura asked already sitting down for some tea. She pulled out two cups and poured Kisa a cup as well as one for herself.

"He's poor!" Ayame said.

"But if he was working here, surely you would not let him use Prince Yuki's clothes..." Rin said with a bit of spite.

"Um..."

"And what man would go hug Kurneo-san?" Kagura filled in after Rin.

Ayame looked at Ritsu, cowering in a corner. "Ri-chan would!" Ayame grabbed Ritsu by the scruff and threw him at Kureno.

"PLEASE, DON'T KILL ME! I WON'T HUG YOU, I PROMISE!" Ritsu exclaimed into Kureno's face. 'I'M FEMINIE, BUT NOT GAY!"

"Well there's a surprise..." Hiro muttered under his breath.

"Well there's only one way to find out, hua?" Rin smiled darkly while Tohru just stood like a statue. Rin grabbed Tohru's wrist roughly, everyone gasping.

"Wait, please...!"

"Rin-oneesan!" Kisa exclaimed seeing how rudly she grabbed Tohru, the other girl closing her eyes tightly.

Suddenly she pushed Tohru at Kyo, surprising everyone with the rather rude behavior. Even Kagura looked up to see if Kyo would transform at the touch of the so called 'man'.

"Whoa!" Kyo yelled out trying to catch Tohru before she ran smack into his face. Tohru stumbled over and hit Kyo's chest causing both of them to fall over from the impact. Everyone gathered around to see Kyo's transformation, but surprisingly there was only Kyo and Tohru in a heep.

"Ow, my head..."

Tohru sat up. "Kyo-kun! Are you okay?" She picked his head up and stared at him. "I'm really sorry!"

"It's okay..."

Kagura blinked. "Well, I'll be... Tohru-san really is a guy."

Rin looked shocked as well. "That can't be. Tohru-san is a girl! Look at her, I'm no idiot!" She yelled out.

Ayame let out a breath. Thank goodness Kyo's curse was lifted.

Kisa stood back from the group and bent down to peer through everyone's legs at Kyo and Tohru. She watched them for a moment and saw a tinge of pink on both Kyo and Tohru's faces at the close proximity of it all. She gasped while standing up and looked at Hiro.

"Hiro-chan..."

"You saw it, Kisa." He cut her off. He looked back at her. "Do what you will with that information."

Kisa turned back to the rather annoyed Rin and the surprised Kagura. She gave a small smile and giggled. Maybe she could keep this secret to herself for a little while longer. Rin had no idea how right she was about the sex of Tohru Honda.

Kagura pulled Kyo up from the floor, making Tohru let go of him. "Kyo-kun darling, how have you been?"

Kyo stared at her and turned away. "Fine."

"But you never phone me anymore!"

"When did I ever start calling?"

Kagura's eyes watered. "I can't stand you working here at a Host Club! Making women happy- feh! What about making me happy? At least at our club, we don't waste time flirting with guys!"

"You guys just have sissy tea parties and gossip. That's so lame."

"Kyo-kun's not being nice!" Kagura whined. "Why can't you just say you like me?"

"I don't like you!"

"Kyo you're being mean!"

Tohru got up with the help of Momiji and stared at the two bickering. It was amusing to say the least but there was a sence of distraught that hit her.

Kyo kept turning away from Kagura but she always popped up playfully in his face. "Come on, Kyo-kun, you missed me even a little?"

"I missed you like I missed Shishou's burned dinners."

"Kyo I love you! Doesn't that mean anything to you?" Kagura finally burst out. Tohru gasped and looked away. This must be that girl. The girl that broke the curse for Kyo. She half hoped it wasn't real but the truth was, this girl even admited that she loved Kyo. Tohru had never said that.

She turned away from the group as Kyo watched her walk away and toward Kureno. "Tohru!"

Kagura stared at Kyo and then pulled him by the ear. "Tohru? Tohru? What about me? Don't tell me you're bent that way, Kyo-kun, or I'll KILL YOU!"

"What? Get off me woman!"

Tohru tried to beat down the pain in her chest and smiled at Kureno who only watched with curious eyes. "Ku-chan, how is everyone at home?"

The man stared at her a moment not believing that she just fooled everyone for being a male. He was even surprised why Kyo had not transformed.

"Let's talk about that later, Tohru-san."

She only nodded and stared back at Kagura beating Kyo up. The same thoughts she had only weeks ago came back. Why was she still living with the Sohmas? They really didn't need her anymore... especially him. He certainly did not need her anymore.

But in her heart... she needed him.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment