Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 24 - Hatori's memories

If u love Ouran High school host club and Fruits Basket Then you will love this story its like ouran host club in certain ways.

Chapter 24 - Hatori's memories

Chapter 24 - Hatori's memories
Hatori placed four rather large bags on the floor of Tohru's bedroom before standing up straight with a tired sigh.

"Ah, Hatori-san, are you sure this is okay? My friends staying over I mean..."

Hatori felt his back crack from sitting so still all afternoon as he moved the suitcases against the wall with the heel of his foot. "It's no trouble at all," he mumbled without looking up at Tohru.

Hatori began to leave when Tohru reached out pulling his western styled coat. She didn't know why she did it, but she couldn't find her voice to call him out. Hatori seemed so quiet. "Um, Hatori-san... I'm a little scared about something."

He stopped at that and turned to face Tohru. Just like everyone else, he cared deeply for the young girl. Tohru was relieved to see Hatori look her in the eye. For a second she was worried that he was upset about her friends staying the night and was just trying to be poliet.

Hatori searched her eyes for a moment seeing there was something on her mind. He'd try his best to see what was wrong. "Why are you scared?"

"Well, remember that time you said, 'love is a strong word and once you've said it to another person, you had better keep your word.'?" The older man nodded. Tohru felt her hands fidget as she sighed. "Well what if... what if I can't love a person back even though I want to? That maybe," Tohru looked toward her bedsheets, "it might hurt the person in the end?"

Hatori raised an eyebrow and Tohru almost wished she didn't ask Hatori. He must think she was a crazy woman! But still, she really loved Kyo and wanted to tell him she loved him just as much as he loved her. There was always that hesitation in the back of her mind though. If she said she loved him and she happened to go back to Satsuki, what about Kyo? She couldn't, no she wouldn't, ever leave him like that. It would be a lie then. Her love for Kyo would be nothing but a lie. She didn't know if she could live with herself.

Hatori thought on that for a moment and guessed that she was talking about Kyo and herself. He closed his deep gray eyes momentarily while a flash of a pretty young woman's smie flashed across his mind. It had been a while since he last thought about his own past love. A love he promised to keep throughout his entire life.

"Spring." Hatori muttered with his deep voice.

Tohru looked up after a long pause. "Spring?"

Hatori allowed himself a smile as he walked over to sit on a wooden chair by the door in her room. "Her favorite season was spring." Tohru watched with curiosity before sitting on her own bed across from Hatori. The man finally opened his eyes, both of them settling on the female across from him.

"Do you know that the best feeling is to say you love someone and have that person say you love them too?"

Tohru was startled by such a comment. Someone that would return your love...?

The doctor closed his eyes briefly, losing himself in old memories "The first person I fell in love with was Kana."

"Eh, Hatori-san...?"

Hatori continued, not hearing Tohru. "She was a customer here at the host club and met me by accident. She'd originally requested to see Shigure but was placed with me. At first I only saw her as a customer as she saw me as a host.

But as time went by, she'd been requesting to see me more. She even requested me for a whole day. She and I would talk and spend time with each other. She wasn't like any of the other women that I'd met. She was quite deep and refined. It was a wonder why she'd ever visit a host club at all. Without knowing it, Kana had placed herself in my heart.

Then months later, I met Kana out of the Host Club hours on a date. Without all the other people there I felt more at ease and she let me be myself. There was no quota to fill, only her. Then that night she'd hugged me without me realizing it and that's when she found out. I was transformed into a strange creature.

She was petrified and ran away with wonderous fright in her eyes. It tore me up inside at the sight of her running from me. She was the first person that had come to know me for me. Not as a host club member. Then she saw my zodiac form and could not believe her eyes. As days went by I had not seen Kana in a very long time. Ayame and Shigure worried about my health since I'd lost sleep and dazed while hosting.

That's when I knew I'd fallen in love with Kana. I never loved anyone as much as I loved her. I searched for her, longing just to see her smile, hear her voice, anything. I wanted to tell her I'd fallen in love with her. I ran into her at a coffee shop down town. She turned to face me and that lovely smile disappered. She looked terrified and tried to run again. But I wanted to tell her everything.

And I did.

She only cried and wished we had never met. That she was afraid of the form I'd turn into... a freak. She could not love me even though I'd already given her my heart. It didn't take me long to know she and I would never be. It was only hurting the one that I loved most...

so I erased her memory of me and our time together...

It hurt to see the person I loved most suffer. Even if we could not be together it gives me some happiness to know that she is happy at all." He turned to the window with a forlorn face. "Even if I am not part of that happiness."

Hatori watched as Tohru's eyebrows furrowed together and her cheeks flush with sadness. Hatori only leaned over and brushed a stray tear off her face.

"But I'm okay, Tohru-san." Hatori gave her a small smile. "She'd given me maybe the happiest time of my life and broke the curse for me without knowing it. Even though the pain hurt, I'd grown from it and learned that I would never know what could have been without telling her that I loved her. I would have never know what would happen. Love is a strong word that you don't fling around carelessly," Hatori's voice dropped to almost a whisper and Tohru covered her mouth to muffle her sobs, "but if you truly feel that you love a person, tell them."

"Hatori-san..." Tohru mumbled. She let her tears flow as she jumped into Hatori's arms, giving him a hug. She couldn't believe how lovingly Hatori cared about a woman. How much pain he carried but lived all the same.

Hatori's eyes widened slightly as Tohru hugged him. "I want Hatori-san to be happy too. Happy and in love with someone who will return his love too!" Tohru cried. Hatori felt a smile tug at the corner of his lips seeing how Tohru cared for him as well. He hugged her back briefly, happy that this girl was a truly honest person. She was different from Kana. She didn't run away but braced herself with whatever came her way. She embraced him rather than pulling away.

So much time had passed since him and Kana. So much had changed.

This was the first time he had thought about Kana in so long. Maybe it was Tohru that made him tell her. Maybe he just felt it was time he told someone rather than have it under a closed lid. But it didn't matter why he did it. Having Tohru tell him she wanted him to be happy...

...was worth revisiting those sad dreams.

Hatori didn't know if he'd find love again but for now this was fine. He'd watch over Tohru and see that she would be happy as well. He wished that Kyo and herself would fall in love and have their love returned all the same.

Wasn't that what everyone hoped for?

Ayame poked his head into the room. "You've been up here for quite sometime, To..." He stared at the scene before him, Tohru in Hatori's lap and the man's arms hanging loosely around her waist. "What is the matter with the men of this house trying to grope the one female that lives here?" Ayame asked with utter outrage.

Hatori was already up and right besides Ayame, glaring at his friend. "Stop imagining dirty things." WIth that, the doctor strode away. Ayame looked back at Tohru now using a tissue to wipe away her tears and Ayame watched her seriously for a moment before going to find Hatori. He trailed after the doctor as the two walked to the main room.

"You told her about Kana?" Ayame immediately asked.

"How did you know?" Hatori asked after a moment.

"Well you have very few secrets, Ha-san. And I can only think of one that you could tell Tohru that would make her cry and hug you."

Hatori looked away as Ayame leaned forward to look into Hatori's hidden eyes. "Feeling okay, Ha-san? You don't have to go back to the club if you're not up to it."

Hatori stopped at the doors to look at Ayame. Ayame blinked as only an ernest smile grazed Hatori's lips.

"You worry too much. Maybe you should apply yourself into worrying about Yuki more than you do me." Hatori put a hand on top of Ayame's head. "Kana and I are a thing of a the past. It doesn't concern me anymore." Hatori opened the doors and went back to his seating area. From across the way, Ayame saw a tuff of white and black hair appear from the doorway as Haru greeted his cousins. He did come visit periodically. He instantly went over to Yuki and the pair began chatting.

Ayame grinned and began wandering into the room as well. "Maybe so, Ha-san... maybe so." Ayame watched his dear friend tell Tohru's friends to meet her upstairs as the snake frowned slightly.

'But did you tell her the rest of your tale, Ha-san?' Ayame thought to himself. 'That you secretly cried? That you made yourself seem so cold to keep others away? Did you tell her the pain you were inflicted with knowing that the one girl that you loved most didn't return your feelings?' Ayame closed his eyes, 'Or maybe you didn't tell her the real ending of your story because it's too painful to share? Oh, Ha-san,' Ayame took full stride into the victorian room while making talk with a group of girls, 'sometimes you and Tohru have so much in common, more than you think you do...'

Hatori gave oral directions to Tohru's room as Uo and Hana gave their thanks before wandering off into the enormous house. He looked to the side to see Yuki, Haru, Kyo, and Momiji watch the girls with wary eyes before they scuffled away like a pack of wild animals after them. Hatori watched the pair go up the staircase before returning to his seating area, his mind still swimming with the previous conversation with Tohru.

Tohru was worried about telling Kyo about her feelings it was apparent. She didn't want to tell Kyo knowing that her heart was still clouded with another man. It was quite smart and thoughtful actually even though Hatori never really thought Tohru to be the type to lead a guy on...

But then again, had Kyo told her he loved her, would his love ever be returned? Would Kyo feel that same pain Hatori did so many years ago knowing the girl that he loved would never be able to return his love? Hatori felt his back crack again as he rolled his shoulders.

So much time has passed, and so much had changed...


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Uo opened Tohru's bedroom door, peaking her head in. "Tohru? Are you here?"

Tohru sat up and briskly strode to the door. "Uo-chan! Hana-chan!"

Uo looked relieved that they finally found Tohru's room. "Phew, this house is so huge! Good thing we didn't take a left at that blue hallway."

"I thought it was the green one." Hana said.

"No, that was the one near the potted vase hallway."

"The black vase?"

"No, no, the white one."

"Oh yes."

Tohru giggled, "yes, this house can get a little confusing."

Hana looked around the room with her hands clasped in front of her black summer dress (if such a thing existed). "I see they house you in a room that suits you..."

Uo gave a long whistle with both hands on her hips. "Wow! Would you look at this room? It's bigger than my garage!"

"You live in an apartment Arisa," Hana stated with the same flat voice, "you don't have a garage."

"But if I did, this room would still be bigger!"

Tohru laughed nervously. "Ku-chan didn't come with you, Uo-chan?"

Uo stopped admiring the room and turned to Tohru as Hana lifted up a small desk lamp. "Hua? Oh, no, he was needed at work and couldn't get away. But it's okay, I promised him I'd take it easy for the baby." Uo winked, "and besides, it's only for one night!"

"This is made of sterling silver..." the darker girl spoke while caressing the base of the lamp.

"Oh yes, you really do look radient, Uo-chan!" Tohru said after a moment. Uo thanked her and brought her hands to her stomach on instinct.

Hana finally put the lamp down and stepped next to Tohru. "We really did miss you, Tohru-kun." Her eyes darkened and Tohru already knew what her friend was going to ask. "Any word from Sonto-san?"

Tohru looked away. "Um... Satsuki...? I haven't seen him since... ah that day." Tohru didn't know why but just saying 'our wedding day' didn't seem appropriate. It really wasn't a wedding anyway.

Uo punched her fist into her left hand. "If I ever get my hands on Sat-SUCKIE, I'm going to beat the day lights out of him."

"Uo-chan! But in your condition!"

Hana closed her eyes muttering, "Oh, even in Arisa's condition, I wouldn't be surprised if she still attacked him and won."

Arisa growled in frustration. "Gesh, Tohru, I still can't see why you fell for such an idiot like that guy. I couldn't believe my eyes when I read your letter! That horny bastard! If that was me, I would have walked right in that room and busted his naked @$$ right there and then!"

U-Uo-chan!" Tohru cried.

"I love Arisa's visuals..." Hana chuckled softly.

Tohru's eyes looked down with shame. She knew her friends would be mad that she didn't listen to them. "I... I know I'm such a fool. I don't know why I let him control me like that."

"Oh, that's easy," Hana put a warm arm around her friend, giving her a slight squeeze, "because you are so pure of heart, Tohru-kun."

Uo sighed and pushed her blonde hair out of her eyes. "Yeah, I guess your best atribute can sometimes be your flaw too, hua?"

"But a very cute flaw." Hana added.

Uo bent to Tohru's eye level with a smile. "We didn't come here to have you hear the 'I told you so!' lecture. We just wanted to make sure you're doing okay here. We were worried when we didn't hear from anyone in months. When Kureno came back from here with that letter from you, I almost cried. I was so happy! But why didn't you phone or anything, Tohru? We were worried sick."

"I was afraid that you'd hate me for choosing Satsuki over you and Hana-chan." Tohru put a hand up to hold onto Hana's forearm as she squeezed. "You two are some of the most important people in my life. I couldn't ask for more from two people. I'm so sorry I made you worry."

Uo just sighed and hugged Tohru to her chest in a motherly fashion. "Well all I know is your mom would be happy to know you're okay. We promised we'd look after each other didn't we?" Tohru nodded mutely and Uo laughed. "Then who said we'd ever break the promise? Even if you were a thousand miles away, we'd still watch out for you."

That strangely enough made Tohru think of Kyo. It was some time ago that Kyo said he would run after her if she ever ran away. He would watch out for her as well. Tohru smiled and hugged Uo fiercely. She was so lucky to have wonderful friends. She didn't know why she doubted them for a second. "I love you both so much."

Hana stared at her for a moment before a wide smile grew on her lips. There was something else it seemed that Tohru loved.

Hehe, electric vibes were great.

Uo let go of Tohru while clicking her tongue. "Tisk, whats with the sudden mushy mood?" She pumped a fist in the air. "We're going to have a sleepover just like the old days! Before Sat-SUCKIE ruined our lives!"

Tohru only laughed nervously at the happy yet spiteful tone of Uo's comment. Just like the old days hua? Tohru felt her situation was just growing into something better every moment. She could still remember that girl so broken up inside... like a marionette just doing what her master would say. So sad, so quiet, so alone.

And now this... she'd been cut from her strings and she ran like there was nothing stopping her. She smiled more, talked more and laughed more. Slowly she reverted to her former self. She didn't feel like there was anything to hide anymore. Her friends cared for her, the Sohmas were like family to her...

"Um, just one second, guys." Tohru laughed as she slowly turned the doornob to reveal the younger Sohmas (this not inclusing Ritsu, Ayame, Shigure or Hatori) falling into her doorway. They all fell ontop of one another and stared up at Tohru.

"T-Tohru!" Momiji cried. "We weren't sneaking up to your room to make sure your friends were sane human-beings that were only coming here to kidnap you and keep you forever!"

Kyo spat at Momiji. "Don't tell her that, you idiot!"

"Waahh! Kyo's yelling at me!"

"Well it was your idea, you stupid cat!" Yuki growled at Kyo.

Kyo smirked. "But you were just as concerned when Uotani-san pushed Ayame into a wall."

"You have to admit, it was awesome." Yuki said with a slight smirk as well.

"Don't worry, I got a picture." Haru lifted up a camera from their dog pile.

Tohru smiled as she stared down at the Sohmas while Uo and Hana poped up behind her to stare at the rather handsome young men. "Um, would you like to meet my two best friends in the whole wide world?"

Uo laughed while trying to hold her stomach. "Hahaha! Are these the kids that Kureno was talking about? Oh man, I didn't know they were so funny!"

Hana closed her eyes. "Yes, I believe the only ones that attended your wedding, Arisa, was those three older men... Hatori-san? Shigure-san? Oh, and the excentric one... Ayame-san..."

Uo bent down to stare at the males on the floor and whispered, "So? Is it safe to ask if any of you are still cursed?"

Tohru gasped but then remembered that Kureno told her that Uo already knew. She quickly turned around to see if Hana heard, but her friend was idly staring at the ceiling fan.

The males all looked at each other before silently shaking their heads no.

Uo moaned and rolled her eyes. "Damnit, I was hoping I'd get to tease the hell out of someone."

Kyo growled at that seeing that he was the last one off the curse. "Why the hell would you want to do that?"

"So I could re-live the days where I could tortue Kureno by hugging him and make him turn into a rooster." She thought on that a moment. "Although I found that amusing, it was pretty cute too." Suddenly Uo grabbed Kyo by the scruff and gave him a noogie. "But you, orange-top, I bet you're still fun to tease even if you don't transform into whatever animal you are! Bwahaha!"

Kyo tried to push her away. "Get off me!"

"Ah ha! Be careful not to hurt the baby..." Uo said in a mock mother-like voice.

"But what about me?"

"Oh, you? That's fine."

Tohru's eyes widened further as she turned to see if Hana heard that either.

"Don't worry, Tohru-kun." Hana smiled while continuing to stare at the ceiling fan. "I've known for a long time now."

"EH?"

"Yes..." She turned to look at the other men getting up off the floor. "What I didn't know is how handsome the men of the Zodiac Host Club really were." Hana pointed a perfectly shaped black painted finger at the Kyo struggling to get away from the blonde. "Except him. I knew he would be handsome."

Tohru blushed from the root her of hair. "What? H-how?"

"Because a good man raised him."

"Eh?"

Hana was already extending her hand to Yuki. "Hello, you must be that kind gentleman that Tohru wrote about. Yuki-san was it?"

Tohru already felt things in the house were about to get a lot more exciting.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment