Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 28 - The mystery at the beach house part 1

If u love Ouran High school host club and Fruits Basket Then you will love this story its like ouran host club in certain ways.

Chapter 28 - The mystery at the beach house part 1

Chapter 28 - The mystery at the beach house part 1
Ladies and gentlemen!" Haru's voice echoed around the room while his small figure from a distance gestured towards the crowd of people that had squeezed into the main hall. As if on whim, the entire room had transformed into a theater. Although the thought of recreating a theater in such a space was beyond comprehension and any kind of common sense, they did it. "Welcome to the first Zodiac Host Club Play: Mystery at the Beach House."

The audience cheered as Haru took the applause with grace. His eyes adjusted to the lightings and he could finally see faint figures in the sea of people watching. He caught Kagura, Rin, and Kisa's eyes in the front row. Boy were they in for a surprise. Kisa waved happily while Kagura read over a pamphlet and Rin stared back at Haru expectantly. After only a week of preperation they managed to put together a play. He told Rin about it but she was still in doubt about the whole fiasco. Still, the three Sohma girls showed up for the opening night. He couldn't believe they did it: costumes, backdrops, props, music, and of course script. He hoped they could pull this off. "Please turn off all cell phones and refrain from talking. Enjoy the play." Haru bowed while walking off stage. The audience bustled while squealing excitedly and the ring tones of girls shutting their phones off faded away.

Kagura looked around at the rather full audience with an eyebrow raised. Rin along with Kagura were both slightly in doubt about the play, but knowing the men who were about to put together a show, they knew it would certainly be a night to remember. "My my, there certainly are a lot of people here tonight." Kagura laughed. "Do you think I should harass Kyo-kun some more? Maybe call his name out repeatedly in a indiscreet whisper. Oh or keep taking pictures and wave at him everytime he speaks. Ohoho!" Kagura put a hand to her mouth while chuckling like a mad woman.

Rin turned to Kagura and just shook her head before her eyes traced back to the stage.

Kisa giggled and clasped her hands. "Kyo-niichan might get nervous on stage."

Kagura laughed. "Even better!"

Rin eyed Kagura. "I thought you told me you were over Kyo."

The brunette turned to the oldest of the three with the same smile. "He was the one who dumped me first you know. I still had feelings for him when we broke up."

"It's so odd when you say he 'dumped' you. I imagined you two would be together forever or something." Rin muttered. She picked up the pamplet to examine the cover idly.

Kagura looked to her lap, pressing her thumbs together. "I did too..."

Kisa felt her cousin's grief of her old love and gently tugged her sleeve. "But you are happy, ne, Kagura-oneechan? You told me you were happier now."

Kagura sighed. "You're right, Kisa-chan. That was all so long ago, but Kyo-kun was and always will be someone special to me." She touched her heart, "he did after all break the curse for me. In a way, I'll always love him but I know my love won't be returned, even if I threw myself at Kyo-kun for the rest of my life." Her voice grew softer as she continued, "And yet... I know that would not be fair to him or myself. I hope he finds someone he really loves since that wasn't me."

"Kagura-onechan..."

Kagura was silent before pulling out a camera, her attitude making a completely unexpected volte-face. "So until that day I must embarass and annoy Kyo-kun till he snaps!" She turned to Kisa with a wild look in her eyes, "and it's so much fun!"

Kisa just smiled. It was true Kagura had gotten over Kyo since she started dating again, but sometimes Kisa knew Kagura was wondering what could have been between them. Anyhow it didn't matter now that Kagura was really happy, not just pretending to be happy. Kagura just got her kicks by annoying Kyo to no end.

Now that Kisa thought about it, what ever happened to Tohru Honda?

The theater house lights dimmed and everyone grew silent. The surround sound of the mysterious theater played as a happy tune wove itself through the ears of the customers. They ooh-ed and aww-ed as professional lighting came to play on stage, drawing the attention to the red curtains with embedded gold tassels as the female group hushed. A voice came over the small orchestra, narrating the beginning of the play.

"Two young lovers met fatefully on Valentine's Day. As the saying goes, the pair had what was called 'love at first sight'." Rin closed her eyes with the slightest smile on her visage. Haru's voice was always soothing. "Ever since their unexpected meeting, they could not tear themselves from each other's arms. Unfortunately, the female was already with another man. She eventually came to terms with him and thought it was better to just be friends. He agreed unwillingly as he watched the girl of his dreams walk away from him and into another man's arms. He would smile and put up a front of being fine, but no. Friends was not what he wanted them to be. He wanted her to be his woman.

Acting still as her friend, he offered for the girl and her new boyfriend to stay at a wonderful beach house with him and many of their other friends. The couple agreed, excited to spend their summer vacation with friends. But unknown to anyone a murder was at hand.

Would love be able to really conquer all?

And so our story starts as always: Once upon a time..."

The curtains opened to a scene inside a summer beach house. There was a projection in the background of what looked like a real ocean, the sound of seaguls and crashing waves lightly fluttered throughout the theater. It all seemed so real. Off to the side Shigure and Hatori sat in chairs pretending to talk until they actually began speaking.

"I cannot wait for Tomoe and Eriol to join us at our summer beach house." Shigure laughed good naturedly. "They really do make a lovely pair."

Hatori leaned back into his chair. "Tomoe is growing to be such a beautiful girl, I can see why Eriol would fall in love with her. It was so long ago when they bumped into each other."

"Three months ago to be exact."

Hatori nodded and paused to look out the fake window. He was really annoyed that he had to be in the play. He rather be in the back doing props or something along those lines but no, here he was staring out at a fake window with fake ocean waves behind it. Sometimes he wondered why he did all this. "Eriol must be so happy to have fallen in love with a kind-hearted girl."

"Not on looks alone, but personality and love." Shigure commented. "And Eriol, dispite how soft spoken he is, loves that spunky girl."

"That's not part of your line..." Hatori whispered.

"Oh well!" Shigure whispered back.

A knock came to the door. Shigure stood up staring out at the audience. "Oh! There seems to be someone at the door! Because I am to buttler of this estate, I'll go get it." He went over to the door and opened it only to have Momiji launch himself at Shigure.

"We're here!" Momiji cried while bouncing in Shigure's arms. Shigure didn't remember Momiji being quiet this heavy. Perhaps he was getting too old or Momiji was just getting too big to be jumping on people. He chose the latter. Momiji looked up at Shigure with adorable wide eyes and the older man couldn't help but crack a wide grin at his costume. "I cannot wait for Tomoe-chan to come! She's my best friend, you know?"

The entire audience erupted in squeals. Momiji was dressed like an adorable girl. He wore a salmon colored skirt with brown pants underneath and a brown and pink colored shirt. He wore a wig that matched his natural blonde hair and of course his sugary-sweet smile for the world to see.

Ayame came in next, strutting his stuff. Hatori mentally slapped his head thinking Ayame looked more like a pimp than anything else. "As I am Eriol's best friend." He said in a deep manly voice. The girls in the crowd cheered again at seeing Ayame so handsome with his hair pulled back with an elastic.

Shigure closed the door as Ayame and Momiji followed him across the stage. "Yes, we are all awaiting Tomoe and Eriol to arrive now."

Momiji hopped around Hatori while the man closed his eyes. "I cannot wait, we're going to have so much fun!"

Ayame tapped his chin. "Yes, but I only hope that Miroku does not stir trouble."

Hatori stared at Ayame thinking on his next lines. "What do you mean?"

"Miroku is still bitter that Tomoe chose Eriol over him. The man is very calculating and decieving. We all had better keep a watchful eye during our stay, for I feel that man's plotting."

"Agreed." Everyone said.

Suddenly there was another knock at the door as all the actors looked at one another, exchanging glances as to who would answer the door.

"Go answer it!" Ayame beckoned, pushing Shigure to the door. Shigure gave Ayame an irritated look before turning the door knob. A new figure emerged from the doorway making the girls livid on the edge of their seats.

"Oh, I am sorry to keep you waiting," Yuki flashed the audience a charming smile, "I hope we're not too late."

"PRINCE YUKI!" The entire audience erupted seeing Yuki playing the main character, Eriol. Howls and whistles went round as Yuki flushed slightly from all the attention. He knew this was just acting but it was still nerve racking to know that an entire room full of girls were watching his every move. He had to do this right or only Lord knows what might happen. Ayame was right in hiring a couple bouncers at the door or those girls might end up climbing up the stage. The group quieted down and Ayame spoke out his next lines.

"Of course not, Eriol! You're just on time!"

"Ah," Yuki smiled while lying through his teeth, "my BEST friend, Robin. I'm SO happy you could make it..."

Ayame stared at Yuki for a moment as if actually considering this words before grabbing his brother. "Oh, Yuki, you've never greeted me so happy! Good, good, very good! I know for a fact those words were honest, no acting needed for those warm tender words! Love me little brother! Love me!"

Yuki shoved Ayame off of him, raising a fist but remembered they were doing a play. He gave an unalarming smiled and straightened his shirt. "Who is this 'Yuki'? I believe I am ERIOL." Yuki said loudly for everyone to hear. "You idiot." He muttered as an afterthought. Why did he join this play? Oh right, Tohru. Yuki gulped thinking about the next scene. He had been practicing this part over and over but couldn't get it right. It was just too embarrassing! He held out his hand toward the door while forcing a smile on. His teeth were clentched so hard Ayame, not standing too far, could practically hear his teeth grinding together. "Please watch your step my dear, Tomoe." A slender hand reached out for Yuki's hand placing it within his.

The entire room was floored with amazement.

"KYO-SAMA!" They squealed.

Indead, all the stage lights turned off with just a spot light on Kyo's form. He stood with an orange wig of layered hair touching his lower back, wearing a lavandar purple dress that covered his manly body. His entire face was covered in delicate make up, able to fool just about anyone of his gender just by looking at him.

Yuki for one had not seen Kyo's costume until now and boy was he glad they went along with the 'picking roles out of the hat'. This was absolutely priceless. Perhaps Kagura could make a copy for him, blackmail would always be nice in future cases. But then again, he was the one holding Kyo's hand like they were lovers. Yuki felt the urge to rip his hand away but remained still. Oh well, at least he wasn't the one wearing a dress.

After a moment the stage lights dimmed on, letting the other actors recuperate from their bursts of laughter that was hidden with the audiences cheers and the dimming of the lights.

Kyo already had a vein at his head. "Thank you, Eriol, for..." Kyo stared at Yuki thinking of every curse word he wanted to scream out at having to hold Yuki's hand at the moment, "... thinking so kindly of me." He squeezed Yuki's hand, nearly crushing his bones as Yuki twitched slightly.

The boy twisted Kyo's wrist slowly so the audience did not see. "You're welcome, Tomoe."

Kyo glared at Yuki and pulled Yuki towards him and pushed him away making Yuki fall on his butt. "Oops! Oh my, I guess I don't know my own strength! Clumsy me, ohoho!" He mocked in a high girly-voice.

"Stupid cat."

"Damn rat."

"Acting people, we're acting!" Ayame hissed at the boys. "Ahaha! Dear Tomoe, you must be taking plently of Calcium these days!"

The audience laughed at Ayame's attempted joke.

Momiji went over to Kyo and hugged him. "Tomoe, I'm so glad you were able to make it!"

Kyo put a smile on through his pearly red lips. "I can't wait!"

Shigure turned around bursting out in laughter. He just couldn't keep a straight face on with Kyo looking like a girl and actually smiling. 'Enjoying this much, Kyo-kun? I never knew you were such a good cross-dresser!' He thought with glee.

Kyo's face flushed. He still remembered when Ayame had finished dressing him and he had to come out in public wearing this hideious outfit. He wanted to rip it to shreads. Ayame told him he had to have an effect on people since Tomoe was supposed to be a beautiful maiden. Kyo cursed and complained and attempted to step on the dress and rip it as an excuse not to go along with the idiotic idea of being the lead girl.

'But I think Tohru will be so sad if you're not in it," Kyo could hear Ayame in the back of his mind, "and she was working so hard on her lines. Tsk tsk, Kyonkichi, how selfish of you!'

Kyo just swallowed his tounge and endured this total embarrassment. Later he knew a punching bag was waiting for him in the Sohma's gym. He glared around the stage, his smile not very convincing anymore. "I am very glad Eriol and I can join you all, but I must ask where is Miroku?"

Suddenly dramatic and dark music played as a staircase lit up, all the other stage lights dimming slightly to focus the audience's eyes at the staircase. Everyone gasped as a figure appeared at the top stair case. "Tomoe," the figure growled, "so nice to see you again."

Kyo stared up at the figure, not believing his eyes or ears. "Miroku..."

The light came on at the top of the stair case where Tohru stood wearing blue slacks and a cream button-up shirt, bandages around her breast to hide her more womanly features. Her hair was tied up high upon her head, hidden beneath a large hat as she glared down at Kyo. 'Wow, she's really into this...' Kyo thought to himself.

Tohru turned to the audience. "Ah! My dear Tomoe has arrived as well as those bufoon-sans, Robin and May, their best friends. And most of all that nitwit," Tohru narrowed her eyes, "Eriol. How I hate that man for taking Tomoe away from me, but no matter! After tonight she will either be mine alone," she stared at Kyo with a heated glance, making his eyes widen at her rather passionate voice, "or no one's at all." A certain dream sequence replayed in Kyo's mind as he watched a totally transformed Tohru play the villain. She was absolutely petrified last time he saw her. But then again, Ayame and Shigure dragged her away some time ago, perhaps they gave her some profound confidence in herself?

Backstage Haru leaned in to Ritsu who was wringing his hands nervously. "Tohru is a very good actress surprisingly."

"Ayame did make her eat Soba noodles filled with his self confidence this morning." Ritsu looked down with woe, "I wish I ate some as well. Perhaps I wouldn't have had to back down from playing my part as Tomoe and forcing poor Kyo to do it. Oh, I am such a coward and I can't do anything right!" Ritsu looked to the ceiling. "No! I must be strong! Tohru-san said I could do it and I think I can too! If she can eat Soba noodles and be a wonderful bad guy, I can too someday!" He turned to Haru with a smile. Really, Haru never saw Ritsu smile as much as he did since Tohru came upon their home. "And then Tohru-san and I can eat Soba noodles with confidence together!"

Haru smirked slightly, "I don't think that has anything to do with it but... okay. Besides," Haru watched the stunned Kyo in his drag queen outfit, "This is too good to pass up." Slowly Haru pulled his own camera from his pocket and snapped a picture. "Priceless."

Ritsu waited for Tohru to finish her narrative before dimming the lights on her and closing the curtains.

Haru went to the audio controls and played background music as the actors fled the stage to help set up the next scene and dress accordingly. Haru turned on the microphone.

"And so, with a plot that was only beginning to thicken, Tomoe and Eriol make their stay with their friends. The day went on and it was time for everyone to go to sleep. But trouble was brewing within the home and Miroku was sure he would take his ultamate revenge on the two lovers." Haru read from a script.

Everyone dressed and shuffled to get the new setting up before the curtains rose and the stage lights flooded the floor.

"Oh, Robin! May! Come quick! Tomoe's door won't open!" Yuki called to Ayame and Momiji. The pair were sitting in what looked like a separate room as Yuki burst through a stage door, dressed in pajamas that showed much of his rather toned chest. Once again squeals and photo flashes went around the room. Momiji and Ayame got up from their stage room and followed Yuki's frantic motions. Everyone scrambled across the stage and to another stage door where Yuki tugged on the door handle. "It won't open, I fear something bad has happened to Tomoe!"

Momiji watched with watery eyes. "I'll go get some help. Maybe the butler has a spare key! Don't worry, Tomoe! May will save you!"

Yuki pushed on the fake door that was curtained from the audience to see what was going on inside the room where Kyo was in. Yuki turned on Ayame with a slightly panicked look. "Please, Robin! You are normally so good at solving problems, can you think of anything?"

Ayame polished his nails against his shoulder while inspecting them. "Yes, I am very good at solving problems."

"And you are so handsome and inteligent!"

"Of course I am!" Ayame laughed while holding his hand out to see this shine in his nails.

Yuki glared at Ayame. He knew Ayame added those lines in. "And you have an ego the size of China."

"Of course I-- hey wait! That's not your line."

The audience giggled.

Yuki sighed and motioned his hands to the door. Ayame shook his head and took on a thinking look.

"I see. Did you try knocking?"

Yuki shook his head 'no' and began knocking on the door while calling out Tomoe's name. "Nothing! Oh, I am very worried now!"

Ayame put both hands on the door. "Maybe we could break the door down."

Suddenly from across the stage Momiji returned with Hiro at his side. "I couldn't find the buttler but the cook has come to see if he could help!"

Hiro stood off to the side while the audience 'aww'ed at Hiro. They had not seen him in a while and he was so cute with his 'I-hate-the-world' attitude! (If you could call that cute anyway...)

"What is the problem? Why did you have to drag me out of bed for?" Hiro asked while tapping his foot.

From the audience Hiro heard a small voice calling at him. He turned to the audience and zoned in on Kisa waving and smiling at him. Suddenly he grew slightly nervous knowing that Kisa was watching this play. Damnit why did they decide to change the script so he had to be in it? The only reason he did it was because Kisa said it would really make her happy to help Haru with the play.

Damn him and his stupid soft side for the girl.

Ayame motioned to the door. "The door will not open and Tomoe is not answering the door. Please do something!"

"I'll see what I can do." Hiro rolled up his sleeves and spit into both his hands, rubbing them together. "OPEN SAYS' A ME!" He cried while facing his palms to the door.

He immediately walked back to Ayame, Momiji, and Yuki. "Nope, nothing works."

"You baka! That wasn't any help!" Momiji yelled at Hiro. "My best friend is in there and I think something happened! Wahh!"

Hiro shrugged. "Hey, hey, if you wanted to unlock the door you should call the butler."

"I can't find him right now!" Momiji said.

"Try harder!" Hiro shouted back, really sounding mean.

Momiji ran at Yuki. "Wahh! Hiro's not pretending to be mean, he's really yelling at me!"

"Don't go crying to that guy, you dumb bunny." Hiro muttered.

Yuki glared at Hiro making the high schooler actually stunned. He turned away with his hands crossed over his chest.

"Well I can't help you, miss. I'm of no use as you can see. I have no key, only master Miroku or the butler has the keys. I'm going to bed." Hiro threw his hands up at Momiji and began walking off stage. "Stupid play..." he muttered under his breath.

Yuki gently pulled Momiji away from him and Momiji's crocadile tears vanished. He backed up from the door as Ayame stared at Yuki. "Eriol, what are you doing?"

"I'm going to break down the door!" Yuki responded.

Ayame knocked the door again. "Tomoe! Tomoe can you hear me? Tomoe, open the door!"

Momiji watched on with fascination. "Please, someone do something!"

Yuki rammed his shoulder into the door but it would not budge. "Damn!" He cursed. Ayame moved in to help Yuki as well. The pair began ramming the door with their shoulders while Momiji called for Tomoe over and over wondering what happened to his friend.

Finally Yuki and Ayame burst into the room, now hidden behind the curtain that shielded what was inside the room.

Momiji stood outside the door so the audience could see him still as Ayame's voice echoed throughout the room.

"Oh, my dear Lord."

"TOMOE!" Yuki shrieked.

Suddenly the small curtain was raised as the audience gasped in horror. There on the floor was Kyo with a dagger through his heart, blood staining the pajamas he wore.

Yuki fake sobbed as Ayame stared at the body in shock. "Why?" Yuki cried over dramatically. "Why did this happen?" He asked while pounding on Kyo's 'dead' body.

"Ow... Ow..." Kyo muttered. "Not so hard, you jack @$$!" Yuki hit Kyo once more, just a little harder than normal before covering his face with his hands in mourning. Momiji burst in tears as the lights dimmed and a stage light turned on to see a depressed Tohru standing to the side.

"I didn't want her to die... I didn't mean it to happen this way."

The entire stage darkened and the curtains were dropped as the audience aplauded.

"There is a brief intermission. Please return in ten minutes." Haru announced as Ritsu turned on the house lights.

Kyo, Tohru, Momiji, Ayame, and Yuki all got up from the stage and approached Haru.

"That was great." Haru complimented.

"I dunno, I'm dead for half the entire play." Kyo muttered while rubbing his sore ribs. "And freaking 'Eriol' here is beating the shoot out of me while I'm dead."

"Payback for shoving me earler." Yuki replied.

Kyo just huffed, blowing his bangs out of his face. "This is so stupid. Why did Ritsu chicken out of his part? I don't want to be a freaking girl!"

"But you are the most important part!" Tohru piped in.

Ayame grabbed Tohru's hand and kissed it gently. "And you are playing your part perfectly well, dear Tohru. You really are a well-rounded woman: cooking, cleaning, talking, walking, acting..." Ayame turned to the sky as mysterious flowers fluttered around him again. "You'll make a wonderful wife someday!"

Yuki raised an eyebrow. "That sounds like something Shigure would say. Vulgar and stupid."

"You think so? I did get that line from him."

"Idiot."

Tohru smiled up at Ayame from under her hat. "Ayame-san has been coaching me! I'm so nervous but I can't let you all down because of me!" She bowed. "I'll keep trying my best."

Yuki's face softened seeing Tohru's determination. "You're doing great, Honda-san."

"Yuki-kun is too nice!"

Kyo glared at Yuki but didn't comment anything. He turned his attention to Tohru who seemed still jittery. She had a right to, he guessed, since Haru told them just a while ago that Kagura, Kisa, and Rin were out on stage. Last time he remembered the three girls didn't know Tohru was actually a girl. What were the chances that she would end up being the villain? "Are you having fun?" Kyo asked, catcing Tohru's attention from Yuki. "I mean, if you're really not enjoying it or something, you can stop."

"Oh, no no! It's very fun to act with all the Sohmas! I just pretend it's like, ah, dress up with Hana and Uo-chan!" She smiled. "Thank you for thinking so kindly of me, Kyo-kun."

Kyo's face flushed and he turned on Ayame, trying to change the topic. "And what the hell? Why do we need an intermission? This play is hardly long enough for a stupid intermission."

Ayame laughed. "My, dear, boy!"

"Don't call me that."

"Intermissions are a great time for our customers to chat about our performance and allows the drama to be drawn out! Suspense, I tell you, suspense!"

"I'd like to thank Mine-san for making all these costumes." Tohru smiled. "She's so artistic!"

"After the play, Tohru." Ayame's face softened slightly, Tohru catching a brief look of tenderness from the older man. Ayame shook his head and laughed while clapping his hands. "Okay people! Quick break and back into costume! The audience wants to know what happened to our little cross dressing Kyonkichi!"

Momiji watched Ayame seek out Shigure and Hatori. "I'm surprised that Aya-chan didn't want to be the main character."

"I'm still pissed I had to be a freakin' girl." Kyo growled throwing down his wig.

Tohru immediately picked it up. "I dunno, all the girls out there liked Kyo-kun's costume a lot."

"Who the hell cares? It's not cool for a guy to be praised for dressing like a girl."

"I'm SO SORRY!" Suddenly Ritsu fell from no where and ran around apologizing for dressing like a woman.

Tohru looked down at the orange wig, feeling the coarse hair between her fingers. "Well, I thought," she blushed, "I thought Kyo-kun looked good too..." she punched the side of her head lightly, "eh, silly me hua?"

Kyo watched her for a moment before snatching back the wig. "I-it's only for one night. I can tollerate it."

"Kyo-kun, don't..."

"I'll do it, okay?" He shouted at her. He immediately blushed and looked away. "I mean, it's just a play, or whatever." He turned to her with a rather soft look. "You're doing pretty good yourself out there."

She blushed red. "What? You really think so? Thank you so much!"

All of this Yuki watched from a far. He watched a gracious smile reach her lips as Kyo only stared back just as tenderly. Their love was so obvious. Obvious to everyone but them. Then again it was a bit odd to be looking at Kyo standing in a dress and Tohru standing as a man, an evil man to boot. Yuki's face scrunched up in dismay thinking of the next part of the play. He hoped Kyo wouldn't freak out like their rehersals they practiced so many times before. 'Just the last half and we're done. We can put this all behind us... just one more half.' he thought to himself.

Of course he knew something would go wrong though.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment