Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 34 - words you should not say

If u love Ouran High school host club and Fruits Basket Then you will love this story its like ouran host club in certain ways.

Chapter 34 - words you should not say

Chapter 34 - words you should not say
Warning for Language

Tohru washed dishes with Ritsu the following morning after the wild party the night before. Tohru for one had to admit it was a night quite out of the ordinary.

"Ri-chan-san, why didn't you join the kareoke game?"

Ritsu looked down into the soapy sink. "I am not very good when it comes to drinking... I'm afraid I cannot hold my liquor."

Tohru smiled nervously. "I see."

Kyo entered the kitchen and Tohru flushed at the sight of him. They exchanged a small glance before Kyo disappeared through the back door and Tohru went back to furiously scrubbing dishes. Ritsu looked to the door and then back at Tohru who was still blushing.

"So you had a nice night, I hope..."

"Oh it was fantastic!" Tohru's eyes widened, "I-I mean..."

Ritsu smiled and Tohru couldn't help but see how calm Ritsu was. Her on the other hand had her heart beating like a jack hammer just thinking of what went on hours ago.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That morning when Kyo woke up, he was daft to find Tohru in his bed. At first he was surprised, but then he was scared shootless. They didn't do what he thought they did. Did they? He could have swore he went to bed alone! He knew he drank one too many glasses of alcohol!

He scooted away as carefully as he could to see Tohru's eyebrows furrow at the loss of contact with him. He glanced under the sheets to thankfully find both of them were fully clothed.

And that was a relief.

He moved back toward the girl and watched her sleep a little longer. She looked content and happy when he returned to her side and Kyo wanted to say there watching her sleep. He knew he had to wake her though. It wouldn't be good if anyone caught them in such a position.

"Hey, sleepy head." Kyo brushed his finger tips down the length of her arm.

Tohru's eyes opened and after yawning her smiled. "Good morning." Suddenly her eyes snapper wide open. "Kyo-k...!"

"SH!" He hushed her, quickly slapping a hand over her mouth. "You might wake everyone!"

"I'm so sorry for entering your room without your permission, I just came in to talk and you were sleeping! I didn't want to wake you but then you hugged me and I couldn't get out, and I thought it would be okay if I slept next to you- oh but it was too forward of me and I...!"

"Tohru, you didn't do anything wrong!" Kyo cried, stopping her in her rant. He put both of his hands on either side of her tangled brown hair. "It's okay. It's really okay. I didn't mind."

"You didn't?"

"No."

"Oh."

"It was..." Kyo felt his face grow warm, "nice to wake up with you."

"Oh." Tohru's face reddened to match Kyo. She laughed nervously while trying to bat Kyo's hands away from her. "I look like a mess!" As soon as she said that Kyo kissed her on the lips and her entire body slackened.

"You look beautiful." Kyo chuckled seeing Tohru try to cover her face in embarassment. She was just too cute. "Anyway, you better get outta here soon. It wouldn't be good if you got caught in here. Not good for either of us," he added.

Tohru nodded and kissed Kyo on the cheek before crawling out of the warm bed and onto the cool floor. Before reaching for the door knob she turned around to stare at Kyo in bed.

"Maybe next time, we can meet like this on purpose," she teased. She missed Kyo's jaw drop at her joke as she closed the door, preparing for the day ahead of her.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Tohru-san?"

"Eh?" Tohru was knocked out of her stupor as Ritsu called her back to the present. "I'm sorry did you say something?"

"Today during the club, will Kyo-san be working as well?"

Tohru washed the last plate and then turned to Ritsu with a cursious look. "What do you mean?"

Ritsu stopped what he was doing and looked at Tohru with a shocked look. "You haven't heard?"

"Eh?"

"OH DEAR GOD, PLEASE STRIKE ME NOW! RIGHT HERE ON THE SPOT! HOW COULD I HAVE WENT ON MY DAYS, WITH HOLDING SUCH IMPORTANT INFORMATON--!"

"Ri-chan-san! Please, please calm down!" Tohru panicked.

"NOOO, THIS IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE!" Ritsu appeared with a knife in hand. "PLEASE LET ME SACRIFICE MY BODY FOR SUCH FIENDISH ACTS!"

"RITSU!"

After a good cool-down on Ritsu's part, Tohru got him to sit down while handing him tissues to wipe his face with.

"I'm sorry, Tohru-san."

"No please, it's really alright." She smiled while placing a lock on the knife drawer. She stopped and turned to Ritsu seriously. "But what was it you were saying before?"

"Oh, well you see, there was talk among Shigure and Hatori that Kyo-san... Kyo-san doesn't want to be part of the Host Club anymore."

"Really? But he is the special member!"

Ritsu nodded. "Yes, I am not sure how Ayame feels about it..." Ritsu covered his face in shame, "I shouldn't even know such information. I'm an evesdropper, I'm so sorry."

"No, please if you don't mind, tell me more."

Ritsu bit his lip but decided to continue. He had to be confident in himself! "Kyo-san told them he doesn't want to be with all those customers anymore. He said he learned to care for someone." His eyes fell on Tohru. "And I hope I'm not assuming too much but... I think that person is you."

Tohru's entire face went bright red and she fiddled with her fingers. "He... he said that?"

"Well that is what I heard Shigure say."

"Oh."

There was silence before Ritsu called Tohru's name out softly. She was still lost in her own thoughts she didn't notice Ritsu tap her shoulder.

"AH! I'M HERE!"

"I DIDN'T MEAN TO SCARE YOU!"

"I'M NOT SCARED!"

"I AM!"

"WHY ARE WE SCREAMING?"

"I DON'T KNOW!"

Tohru laughed and shook her head. "What is it that you were asking, Ritsu-san?"

Ritsu watched Tohru relax and he smiled. He didn't know what their family would do without her. "Do you care for Kyo-san too?"

Tohru nodded. "Yes..." She looked away, "I just wish I could tell him."

"Why can't you?"

"I feel like something within me... something won't let me give my heart so easily. Dispite how much I want to, I just can't say it." Tohru shruddered. "After all this time... he still has me under lock and key."

"He?"

"Oh, it's nothing." Tohru smiled. "But yes, I care so much for Kyo-kun. So very very much..."

"I... I know it's none of my business but you should tell Kyo-san what you feel. M-Maybe it would be best for not only you, but him as well."

Tohru gave that a thought and slid her hand across the table to touch Ritsu's hand.

'Then why won't you tell him you love him? Why not?'

'Something is stirring... and I don't know what to do.'


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The host club hours were open and Tohru saw that all the girls were looking rather disappointed.

"Kyo-sama is late today." One girl muttered.

"Attention, ladies!" Ayame said from the second floor. "I am sorry to announce that Kyo will not be hosting with us any longer."

"WHAT?" Everyone erupted.

Yuki leaned in to Tohru. "I wouldn't be surprised if they brought out torches and pitch forks."

"Yes yes," Ayame said with a slightly sad voice, "I know you will all miss him, but he has decided to give his heart fully to a woman. As our motto goes, 'A host is a host, and love is love', and the two should never meet.

"Kyo has found love in someone, but that should not sadden you. Love is something that blossoms and grows, just like one day love will grow with you and that special someone. You would not want to keep Kyo all to yourselves would you? No, love is not like that." Ayame paused and smiled warmly, "You may notice how many of our members are now standing down from their membership: Hatsuharu, Hiro, and now our very own Kyo. One day, sadly enough, we cannot entertain such beautiful women anymore. Each of us shall learn to love again! But which host do you think will be next?" Ayame turned slightly to Yuki. "Who will be next?"

Yuki's eyes widened. No, he couldn't know anything about Machi. Could he?

Ayame clapped his hands. "Ah, romance is in the air, ladies! Romance, romance romance! I'd be happy to let you direct your love towards me now! I can take it!"

"AYAME-SAMA!" The girls all cooed.

Tohru laughed slightly seeing how Ayame really loved to be an attention seeker... but sometimes she wondered what his motives really were.

"I still cannot believe I am related to him so directly," Yuki muttered.

Tohru laughed and excused herself from the scene to tend to Hatori's table. She walked over smiling. Kyo really loved her... she was being so selfish in not returning her love to him in words. Oh how she wished to tell him so much. Turning to Hatori's table, Tohru looked up to see Kyo standing by the door way, watching the activities. He slowly turned to her with a soft smile. It melted her heart.

"Tohru-san, are you okay?" Hatori asked seeing Tohru space out.

She took a fleeting look at Kyo and nodded with a small blush. "Yes..."

Hatori caught what it was Tohru was looking at. Was it really that plain to everyone's eyes? Why wouldn't she just come out and say to Kyo she loved him? Was it that other man still lingering on her mind? He watched Tohru refill trays before getting up to leave.

"Why won't you tell him?"

Tohru turned around slowly hearing Hatori say that. "W...what do you mean?"

Hatori smiled. "Tohru-san, why won't you tell Kyo-kun your feelings? Is it your ex fiance? Is that what's holding you back?"

She turned fully toward him, her eyes wide with shock. How did he know?

"Please, Tohru-san," Hatori said now sitting up toward her. His voice softened dispite how formal he spoke with her. She had to tell Kyo. "Kyo-kun's curse maybe broken, but do you really think that's all that matters? He's fallen in love," Hatori's eyes focused in on hers, a certain memory reserfacing within his mind, "don't you think he at least deserves to know if the girl will ever love him back?"

Memories flooded Tohru's mind of Hatori's story.

How could she be so selfish?

"Hatori-san... it's not... it's not easy..."

"They say time heals wounds but if you find medicine for your wounds it would heal faster, don't you think?" He asked.

Coming from a doctor anda friend, it made strange sense. She nodded. "I understand. I'm just nervous is all, silly me."

"It's okay, Tohru-san." He patted her head as his small group of customers came toward him. "Tell him you love him... and mean it with all your heart."

"Hatori-sama?" A girl called. Hatori turned to the girl as Tohru had her head bent. "Will you be with us now?"

Hatori nodded and stood up, resuming his cool type persona while entertaining the girls.

Tohru could hear her heart pounding in her chest. Kyo really loved her... he didn't know it but he already had her heart. She could feel it. The lock and key...

...were slowly being unlocked.

"Tohru?" Tohru jumped and slowly turned to see Kyo standing before her, not wearing his usual costume that Ayame made up, but rather just his normal clothes. "You were spacing out."

"I-I'm okay..."

Kyo smiled. "You need help with those trays?" He asked, taking two from her hands. Before she could protest he kissed her on the forehead making her hush instantly.

"Kyo-sama?" Tohru and Kyo turned to their side to see a pair of girls staring at them with wide eyes. "What are you...?"

Kyo stared at them and merely shrugged. The girls stared at him and then Tohru and suddenly everything clicked.

Tohru for one was surprised how openly Kyo had just shown his feeling for her. She wanted to do the same. Quickly she tip toed to kiss Kyo on the corner of his mouth. She took a fleeting look at him and was happy to see he only smiled back.

'She's really is opening up. She's not holding back what she really feels anymore.' He thought.

The two girls only stared in disbelief. So this was the person Kyo had given up being a host for. The should have been furious but for some reason, they were not. They were rather happy it was Tohru. They only bowed before leaving the couple be.

Kyo turned to Tohru as she turned to him as well, both of them chuckling like there wasn't a care in the world. She loved him so much. When she thought about it, she broke the curse for Kyo, but he broke the curse for her as well. A curse Satsuki had brought upon her and Kyo had slowly but surely helped her though. He never commanded her to do things, he never questioned where she was going, he just loved her, and only her.

He smiled as they started for the kitchen so Tohru and Kyo could put their trays down. She leaned her head on his shoulder with a smile. Today. Today she would tell him everything she'd been holding inside. She would tell him she loved him.

After returning from the kitchen, she stopped Kyo in the back of the room, holding both of his hands in hers. "Kyo-kun, there's something I want to tell you..."


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A man glanced down the warn cobble stone street. It was one of the finer residential areas of this city. One could tell just by looking at how upkept the streets were. He walked up to a pair of rather bold gates and then down at his note.

"This must be it."

He opened the doors and walked into a beautiful victorian styled home with rose bushes bordering a rather lavish grounds. Could this really be the place? He shook his head and continued to the main door. He ran a hand through his dark black locks and puffed his chest out. It had been too long...

...it was time to take back what was his.

He opened the doors to a scene of girls mingling with other men who he presumed to be these 'host club' people. He looked around and noticed a few girls staring at him. He gave them a cocky smile, melting their hearts as they stared openly at the rather handsome man. He was tall and lean with spiky black hair. He dressed causally in dark brown pants with a fitting black shirt and stole the girl's attention with the most piercing ice blue eyes anyone had ever seen.

He looked around the room once more searching out for his woman only to finally spot her in the back of the room laughing and smiling...

... with another man.

"H-hello." The man turned to his side to see a girl blushing while smiling up at him. He really was not in the mood for these girls and his blood boiled at seeing her with some other guy. She leaves and already found a bastard to sleep around with!

He looked back with a fake, but dashing smile. "Hello, young lady."

Tohru paused mid sentance to turn to the hosting area, his voice piercing her like needles. Kyo watched her facial expressions and noticed she wasn't paying attention to him anymore.

"Tohru?" Kyo called out to her with no response. "Hey, Tohru what's the matter with you?"

Tohru's hands dropped to her sides and it seemed as if all color had drained from her face. As if her spirit was stolen and all that was left was a motionless woman. He quickly turned when he heard a group of girls squealing and zoned in on a male he was not familiar with. He was surrounded by a few girls, two looping their arms with his, giddy with excitement.

"I used to hold his arm like that." Kyo's head snapped back to Tohru who looked mortified with wide expressionless eyes. Her lip trembled and he could already see her eyes tear up with so much pain, hurt, confusion. "Why?" She asked, heaving a sob. "Why are you here?"

"Who's here, Tohru?" Kyo asked while shaking her shoulders. Her eyes were still trained on the man across the room.

"Satsuki."

Tohru was lost beyond comprehension. Was he real? Was Satsuki really there standing among the host club? No, her mind had to be playing tricks on her, how would he find her? Why would he show up out of the blue? She felt old emotions rise within her, pain exploding in her chest like never before. So much hurt resurfacing it made her feel as if she couldn't breathe. Couldn't feel. Like an Anaconda snaking it's way around her body only to constrict before she realized it. It was getting harder to breathe.

On the other hands, Satuski had a girls looped on either side of him when he felt a rude hand shove him backwards.

"What the frack are you doing here?" Kyo asked with a voice smooth as glass. Satsuki took a moment to see it was the man he saw Tohru speaking with. So he had the nerve to shove him did he?

"Watch it." Satsuki growled.

"Go to hell."

The foot steps seemed so quiet in Kyo's hears. He didn't see anything, he didn't hear anything, all he focused on was the idiot before him that made Tohru upset and feel unworthy. The piece of shoot that had the balls to actually show up nearly half a year later. Kyo wouldn't stand for it. He didn't care what consequences happened after this but the man before him would have hell to pay.

"Kyo-kun." So those footsteps were Tohru's. "Kyo-kun, please." She said holding his arm with tears in her eyes. Her touch felt like fire on his arm, igniting a sence of protection within him.

"Tohru-koshii," Satsuki smiled devilishly. Tohru's fearful eyes turned on the man. He looked the same. Those cool icy-blue eyes, piercing through her very core. "It's been so long, koshii."

"Don't you dare call her your 'darling' you mother...!"

"Satsuki," Tohru cut in after Kyo, "w-what are you doing here?" She looked away still holding onto Kyo's forearm. "Please, go away."

"Is that anyway to talk to your fiance, koshii?" He took a step closer to her.

"Please..."

"I've missed you." Another step closer.

"Satsuki..."

"I want you to come back home." Satsuki grinned seeing Tohru shaking in her boots. She was always so easy to convince. Such a soft girl. "Tohru-chan," he said, "you will feel safe with me, just like you always did. I've missed you."

She felt herself sink as her eyes widened. No, she didn't want to be like that again. No! She didn't want that! She didn't want to be so alone again, not ever.

"That's enough, of you!" Kyo growled holding Tohru away from Satsuki.

Hatori stepped before Satsuki. "Sir, you are making a scene and I can't have you scaring the ladies in this room. You are in no position to trespass into our home and harass Tohru-san."

Satsuki looked around him to see many of the customers were staring at the comotion between himself, Tohru, and Kyo. "I don't see how I'm harassing my fiance. I only want to take her back home now." His eyes fell on Tohru. "It seems like Tohru-chan has been playing too much and forgot to come home where she belongs."

"You talk like she's a child!" Kyo yelled. "She's an adult, you idiot, and she can make decisions on her own."

"Can she?" Satsuki asked with an air of confidence and cockyness in his voice. "She made the decision of being with you, and that's not the best decision."

"Satsuki, you're not being fair." Tohru cried. "I don't want to be with you anymore!"

His voice was so sugary and sweet. "You say that with such emptyness, darling." So dark and bone chilling. He wasn't listening to her, he just wanted her back no matter what. "I need you back with me. I've changed, koshii. I'm a better man. Don't you believe me, my love?" He took another step toward the girl.

"D-don't call me that!"

"You say you don't want to be with me, but who will love you the way I love you, koshii? Freak of nature over here? You'd choose an orange top over me, who has been with you since college?" Satsuki put his hands on his chest, "who will love you the way I do, koshii?"

"Stop calling me that, Satsuki! Stop it!"

Satsuki made a move to hug her when Tohru screamed and ducked before yelling out and shoving him away from her. She opened her eyes to see she actually pushed him away from her. Not far, but the point was she physically denied him. She was about to smile at her accomplishment but thought better of it. Tohru frowned when she saw Satsuki turn a dangerous glance on her.

"It looks like you learned a few things while I was away."

"While you were away? Satsuki, I ran away from you! Y-you cheated on me..."

"It looks like you did the same." He cut her off now glaring at Kyo.

She shook her head in disbelief while trying to calm him down. "Please, don't jump to conclusions. When did you get to be like this? You were always so kind to me and now you're acting like a... a jerk."

Satsuki burst out laughing and made a jesture right back at her. "Yeah well when did you get to be such a whore?"

With that one word it sent Kyo flying right at Satsuki and he landed a punch square in the jaw making Satsuki's head turn to the side and his body slam into the floor. Sprawled over on his back he blanked out for a moment groaning in pain. Tohru screamed and backed away when the entire hall fell silent. It was so quiet not even the birds outside the window dared to chirp and even the air conditioning fell dead. Satsuki blinked and looked up at an orange haired man with his fists raised, glaring at him as if he was the devil himself. Satsuki felt a warm sticky substance at his mouth and brushed it with his thumb only to see it was his own blood.

"You little bastard..." Satsuki drawled, the corners of his eyes narrowing into slits.

Kyo was about to lunge again. How dare he! How dare he defile Tohru like that! He was about to pummel the man to death when he felt Yuki and Shigure pull him back by his arms, holding him away from the devil of a man.

Kyo pointed a finger at Satsuki, murder swirling within his firy amber eyes. "Don't you ever call her a whore!"

Tohru ran over to help Satsuki up, but he pushed her away and stood up by himself. She moved away from him, standing between Kyo and Satsuki in disbelief.

Satsuki glared at Kyo while pointing at Tohru. "I call em' like I see 'em!"

Kyo continued to wrestle out of Yuki and Shigure's grip letting out a string of foul words as Ritsu and Ayame hurridly escorted the ladies out. They didn't even question what was going on, never seeing Kyo so angry before.

Momiji came to Tohru's side standing in front of her and Satsuki as she collapsed to the floor crying. He didn't want any harm to come of Tohru and at the moment this situation was spirling out of control. He stared at Satsuki, his eyes still cold and blue. Such a contrast to Kyo's firey amber ones. As the two men glare at each other, Momiji knew something bad would come of this. It was like fire and ice and there was no compromise. The stage was set and the massacre was about to begin.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment