Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 36 - seach and rescue team

If u love Ouran High school host club and Fruits Basket Then you will love this story its like ouran host club in certain ways.

Chapter 36 - seach and rescue team

Chapter 36 - seach and rescue team
Shigure paced around the main hall, a cigarette playing at the corner of his lips. He went across to the fireplace, stopped, turned around, walked toward the window, stopped, and repeated the process over and over.

"If you keep walking like that, you're going to burn a hole in the floor," Hatori warned.

Shigure stopped and turned to his friend sharply. "And sitting there is any better, 'Tori-san? Why don't you worry a little more instead of acting so fridged all the time?" He snapped.

"Hey, don't get upset with me..."

"Why not? You're not helping this situation anymore than I am!"

"STOP!" Ayame cried sitting up from a red sofa. "We're friends, okay? We don't fight about frivolous things like how helpful we are or are not! We're all on edge here so please, we have to be calm." The white haired man paused, waiting for his two best friends to cool down. Shigure sighed, his body slackening.

"I'm sorry, it's just been nearly a week without Tohru-kun," Shigure muttered before walking back to the window, hoping to see her bounding down the pathway with Momiji at her side, both carrying loads of groceries. "She's been gone too long for my taste."

Hatori rubbed his temples. "My cell phone has not rung at all. There's no trace of Tohru-san or Sonto-san as of now. I've checked all residence under Honda and Sonto and the Sonto household said they haven't seen them in months. Our connections are on the lookout but still nothing yet."

"Do you think she chose Satsuki-san over Kyo-kun?" Ayame asked slowly. The void room echoed and only the grandfather clock's ticking of its pendulum pulsed through the room. Since Tohru was officially missing, they halted all hosting hours, fretting over their former housekeeper friend.

"I doubt that because Tohru-kun promised to send word if anything happened to her," Shigure said. "He's holding her captive or worse."

"Don't think of that at the moment," Hatori instantly responded shooting Shigure another annoyed look. Shigure stared at the doctor seeing the worry fill his tired eyes. His complexion didn't look any better, making his friend seem rather old.

"Tori-san, perhaps you should sleep a bit? Just a little." Shigure offered gently while patting Hatori on the shoulder. "Ri-chan is sitting by the phone so you don't have to worry." He chuckled lightly, "it's the only thing we could get him to do without panicking."

Hatori shook his head negatively, "I could say the same for you, Shigure. You look like a mess. More than usual anyway."

"Ah, so you still tease me at least."

The doctor smiled slightly. At times like this, he was glad to have Shigure and Ayame as friends. It was almost as if they kept each other in check. Hatori looked to the stairwell, where all the younger Sohmas were residing. "But that aside, I wonder how they are coping..."


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yuki watched Kyo pace the floor as he sat at his desk typing away at his laptop. For the past week Kyo had been hovering around in Yuki's room. Yuki wasn't sure why, but didn't ask on it. Right now he didn't feel like having a verbal spar with Kyo and it wasn't what either of them needed right now. It did bother him though that everyone gravitated toward his room since Tohru left. To him it felt as if they needed to be with someone, like they were holding onto a raft fearing an angry storm would blow them away.

Yuki turned away from Kyo and looked over his reading glasses at the laptop, not focusing on anything in particular. He still couldn't believe she had decided to leave the house with that scum. She was too soft hearted, but he couldn't blame her. No. Yuki could never do that, but still, he worried a great deal over her. With a sigh he pushed up his reading glasses and began typing away some more.

Momiji sat across Yuki's lavish yet simple bedroom on the bench below the window looking out toward the street. He didn't have his usual smile, no candy playing at his lips, and no facial expression. How much he missed Tohru. It was a sure sign of fall since the window felt cool to the touch, and golden leaves littered the ground, swirling in intricate patterns as a delivery truck passed by. Momiji sighed and leaned his head on his knees tucked under his chin as Kyo passed by him for the hundredth time.

Kyo. The poor man was a wreck. He couldn't sleep and if he did, it was restless and not nearly long enough to be called healthy. He would usually walk around Yuki's room in silence, going over any angle he might have missed. Where could she have gone? Where did Satsuki take her? She was only supposed to be gone one day and it turned into a week. After the third day he began making phone calls around town to the places Tohru normally visited. None of them had seen the 'cute Miss' at all. It worried him to no end. He was such an idiot to actually let her go! But no, it couldn't have been helped. He wouldn't control her, but damnit, he felt like a complete fool! He should have went with her, made her call every ten minutes, been more careful, sent a spy to follow her. He should have done a lot of things but that was the past and this was now. Now more than ever he felt utterly useless.

He paused and turned to Yuki. "Anything?" He croaked. Even his voice was giving way.

Yuki shook his head and turned to his cousin somberly. "Kisa just IMed me that she hasn't heard anything down in their part of town. She has called the police down there and Honda-san has not turned up anywhere. Kagura has also texted me from her cell phone saying she found that Yumi woman from before but she has not seen Sonto-san since the day she told him where Honda-san was. Apparently Yumi-san is very angry with Sonto-san for using her."

"I don't care about her; I want to know about Tohru."

Yuki was getting tired of Kyo's snappy attitude. That was all he heard all week and he was ready to throw a punch at his cousin. He wouldn't though. He knew Tohru wouldn't want them to be fighting; she'd want them to be working together. Yuki turned quickly to a flashing box and read the message before turning to Kyo again. "Nothing still."

"How...?" Kyo said, balling his hands into fists, "How the hell does someone just disappear into thin air? That bastard, I'm going to knock his brains in when I get a hold of him! Damnit that son of a dog!" Kyo flipped a chair away from him, the wooden furniture clattering against a wall and falling limply to the floor.

Yuki shook his head at Kyo's dirty mouth and turned to his computer again. He had done extensive research on their city and nothing had turned up at all under Honda or Sonto. He felt like he was just running in circles now.

"What would he want with Tohru though?" Momiji asked barely over a whisper, still staring out the window in dismay. "Tohru isn't rich or posses any incredible power. Why would anyone want to keep Tohru away like that?"

"It's control," Kyo said. "It has nothing to do with what she has, but what he has. He had control over her, lost it, and wants it back. It isn't about her, it's about him." Kyo's eyes narrowed. "It's the sense of power he thinks he can posses over another person that makes him feel so great. Without Tohru, he loses.

"Don't you get it? She has been out of his sight for nearly half a year and the only reason he let it go as long as it did is because he had a new play thing. Yumi was not as easily controlled and she left because she was not brainwashed. She wasn't a soft, stupid girl like Tohru."

Momiji watched Kyo clench his teeth, pain fusing through the young man. "Kyo..."

"That Yumi girl wasn't nearly as kind-hearted as Tohru. That stupid stupid girl..." Kyo's bangs covered his eyes as he thought about Tohru, flashbacks of their first meeting in the host club hall, when she found out he was a cat, their time spent on the roof, the summer dance when she broke the curse for him, their time at the beach, when he kissed her for the first time... so many memories passed his mind as he thought on Tohru. He couldn't lose her. He promised her so long ago that if she ever ran away, he'd find her. He would find her.

"And when Satsuki realized he had no power over anyone he didn't like it. He went to find Tohru to make her his puppet again and have that sense of control. That sick bastard. Makes me want to vomit."

The room went still as Kyo's venom snaked its way though Yuki and Momiji's ears. That must be the most he'd spoken all week. They both knew Kyo would murder Satsuki if he had the chance. Venting his emotions was a good sign anyway, more than breaking another piece of Yuki's furniture. All Yuki had left was his desk and his burrow. Kyo had made a mess of his bed, walls, table and anything else that wasn't nailed to the floor.

Like he said, he was too tired and stressed to fight with Kyo. He did wish he would destroy his own furniture though.

"Can't you think of any place, Honda-san might be? Any idea?" Yuki asked taking his glasses away while rubbing his tired eyes.

"I don't know where the hell that guy lives! And you said that Kagura said that Yumi girl had never been to Satsuki's house so she's no use. Who the hell else knows anything about that bastard?"

Yuki's head snapped up, gaining Kyo's attention. "Uotani-san and Hanajima-san." Kyo stared at Yuki and bolted to Yuki's desk and grabbed his cell phone. Yuki sighed and ran a hand through his unwashed hair that was already looking quite shabby. "I'd appreciate it if you would use your own cell phone, stupid cat."

"Shut up, I'm calling Kureno." Kyo snapped while finding Kureno's number in Yuki's phone. Yuki leaned against his desk waiting to hear what Tohru's friends had to say. Maybe they had a lead on where Tohru went! Yuki even sent a message to Machi about Tohru but Machi said no one in her apartment building was listed under Sonto or Honda either. Closing his eyes, Yuki could still see a smiling Tohru, singing one of her favorite songs. He missed her.

Kyo listened to the phone ring once, twice, and then...

"Hello?"

"Kureno, let me talk to Uotani."

There was a pause and Kyo felt his patience waning. He heard a shuffle in the background and then Uo's voice came on the line.

"KyonKyon? What is it, Ku-chan says you sound flustered."

"Never mind that, do you know where that Satsuki guy lives? Did Tohru ever tell you anything about where he lived or something?"

"Well, both him and Tohru used to live over here, but apparently when they were getting married in that city where you live, Tohru had a flat somewhere because Satsuki couldn't afford a place since he was paying for the whole wedding. If you ask me," Uo chuckled, "he was just a cheep turd I... hey wait!" Uo's voice sounded high pitched suddenly, Kyo never hearing Uo sound so panicked. "What happened? Where's Tohru?"

"Tohru-kun?" Kyo could hear Hana's voice echo in the background. He could almost see the vibe girl glowing mad.

"Satsuki came here a few days ago and Tohru wanted to see if he was really a changed man or not. It... It was her decision." He felt rather lame and stupid the way it came out, but it was the truth.

"YOU BAKA!" Uo screamed into the phone. " 'The hell's the matter with you? You know what Tohru went though, you dumb shoot! How could you let her go so easily? Don't you know how that guy ruined her? Made her practically a slave to his every whim!" Kyo felt his chest tighten with every biting word Uo screamed at him. Normally words didn't affect him much but he was already feeling so guilty about Tohru's disappearance. He couldn't blame her friends for hating his guts. He hated his own guts. He could almost see Uo foaming at the mouth, ready to bite his head off like a mad guard dog. "God, Kyo, you are such a dumb shoot!"

There was only silence over the phone as Kyo tried to get a grip on himself. Uo was yelling so loud, even Yuki could hear her every word. His face even colored slightly from the words coming out of the pregnant woman's mouth.

Kyo wanted to cry. Really he really did, but this was no time. He needed to know where Tohru was. Uo was about to let him have it again when Kyo hurriedly cut her off.

"Listen, Yankee, this isn't the time to be cursing me out. Tohru's in trouble right now, do you think she'd really want us to sit here arguing? Stop blaming me for something that already happen, and help me find her! Stop insulting me about not saving her when you didn't save her either when she got in this mess to begin with! Even though you hated Satsuki you still let her go marry him, didn't you? You did it because you know Tohru can make her own choices! You don't control your friends and I don't control Tohru. Now stop jumping up my @$$, and help me! God, Uotani," Kyo's voice began to crack, desperation filling his voice. Would he ever get to see Tohru's lovely smile again? Kiss those lips ever again?

Uo was silent over the phone and he heard another person being passed the phone.

"Hello?"

Kyo let his tired brain process who was speaking. "Hanajima."

"Yes, I'm sorry but Arisa is a little flushed right now, caring a child and all." Her voice was rather calm in comparison to Arisa, but there was still a sense of worry etching her voice. "Please, tell me what happened to Tohru-kun."

"Satsuki made a visit here and Tohru wanted to see if he was a changed man or not. She promised to be gone only one day, but that was a few days ago. I didn't want her to go, but it was ultimately her decision. I didn't want to control her."

"I see... and you let her go."

Kyo could sense the tense tone in her voice. "Are you going to jump down my throat about it too?"

"You say it was her decision, but was it really? You still had the power to stop her, make her see the danger she was in. Did you not think of that, knowing how dangerous Satsuki is to Tohru-kun? Tohru-kun is such a giving girl and gives everyone the benefit of the doubt. Knowing that, you still let her go?"

"She said...!"

"I'm not saying it's your fault," Hana said with a bit of an edge. "I'm saying I can't believe you did not protect Tohru-kun and you let her walk into trouble." She paused and Kyo listened to her ragged breathing. "Why? Why did you let her go?"

Was she... crying?

"Hanajima..."

The girl choked back her tears and covered her face. Her friend... her dear Tohru-kun.

"I let her go because I trust her..." Kyo said after a moment, catching Hana off guard. "I let her go because I love her. Isn't that why you let her stay here? Because you trust her? Don't you love her too?"

Hana bit her lip while shaking her head. She smiled slightly, "You really are much like Kazuma."

Now that caught Kyo off guard. "W-what...?"

"Tohru-kun's address," The girl spoke clearly. "I believe I had the letter Tohru-kun sent us a very long while back with the address... hold a moment."

After a few more exchanges of words, Kyo snapped Yuki's phone shut. Momiji swung his legs over the bench, staring at Kyo with some excitement, a little life returning to the boy. "What did the nice ladies day, Kyo?" Kyo glared at the rabbit, catching the sarcasm in his voice. He ignored him for a moment and pushed Yuki's laptop toward him, typing away.

"What are you doing?" Yuki asked as Kyo scribbled down something on a piece of paper. It was a miracle really when Kyo straightened up with the biggest grin Yuki had ever seen since the tenth grade when Kyo kicked some guy's @$$ for stepping on his ceramic project. "What is it?" Yuki asked again. They waited in anticipation. Yuki admitted that Kyo really handled that well. Yuki knew if someone had said such words to Kyo over the phone a year ago, he would have already broken the phone or threw it out the window. He crossed his arms. "Speak up, stupid cat."

"It seems that Tohru's mom used to live down town. The person that Tohru rented from remembered Tohru's mom and gave Tohru a room without a second thought. The only thing is the landlady didn't know that Tohru's mom got married and just assumed Tohru was just a love child. When Tohru got a flat down town, she didn't put it under 'Honda' or 'Sonto'. She put the room down as 'Tohru Katsunuma', her mother's maiden name. That's why we're not coming up with anything." Between Kyo's fingers he held a small sheet of paper with his handwriting scratched over it. He smirked. "I got the address."

"Let's go tell Hatori," Yuki said jumping from his desk. Any lead was better than no lead. He just prayed that Tohru was safe. He picked up his cell phone and began dialing the number to Haru's cell phone. "Momiji, go get the car."

"Right! We're going to go get Tohru back! Yeay!" Momiji bounded down the hall as Kyo and Yuki went to the main hall to relate their new findings.

'Hold on a little longer, Tohru. I promise not to leave you but please be safe!

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment