Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - chapter four

A bond, forged by hardship, sparks a fire that would not be doused. An ageold curse, creates pain and suffering, the love shared between two boys and a girl, forbidden by fate. Completed!
A whole 50 chapters!

Chapter 4 - chapter four

Chapter 4 - chapter four
Slowly, the orange-haired boy turned his gaze upon the girl, blinking several times in rapid succession. "Wh-what?"

"...I will stay by your side as long as you allow me to..." She spoke softly as she sat down slowly beside him looking into his eyes.

"Tohru..." he spoke her name softly, his eyes closing a bit as a smile crept over his lips. He was dumbfounded, left without a word on his lips, so unsure of what to do or say in response.

She looked away slowly. “... I’m sorry... I guess I must be still sick..." She placed her head softly on her knees watching the sun set still.

"D-Don't be sorry... you have no reason to be," he whispered as he watched the half visible sun fading behind the distant horizon. "I just... don't know what to say, I... it's new to me."

"What do you mean to be wanted by someone Kyou-kun...?" She kept her focus to the sun her eyes closing halfway.

"To be accepted... it's new. Before you... the only people that accepted me were master, Shugura... and," his words stopped for a moment. "I don't want to mention her... just me saying her name pisses me off..."

She giggled softly. "You mean Kagura..." She looked up to him from where she sat smiling to him.

A visible shiver ran down him, causing the thin hair on the back of his neck to stand on end, "Yea... her..."

“... She would do just about anything to be with you Kyou-kun just like me. The only difference is me being dull like an oni-girl."

"Yea... she just won't stop, even though she knows I don't want to be with her... That's another difference between you two." His words came without hesitation, though he didn't realize that he'd spoken something that would be a certain hint about his feelings. She blushed lightly turning her head away before he could see her eyes focused on what was left of the sunlight. His eyes had never left the sun, having not seen her blush, nor did he really notice that she had turned her gaze off of him. It still hadn't even fully struck him that he'd said what he did.

She lifted the blanket up and over her shoulders feeling the wind pick up her hair blowing slowly. "Are you getting cold Kyou-kun?"

"No…. I'm fine," he whispered softly as he watched the last rays of light fade into the night sky. "Training in the mountains has done a lot for my dealing with weather changes..."

"Except rain I still know how you get." She giggled softly. "When it rains I'll take care of you Kyou-kun just like you did for me today."

"Then I shall look forward to the next rain...,” he whispers softly, his eyes falling to a soft close as he slowly lays back onto the rooftop. "The others are probably worried... but I'm not ready to go back in yet..."

"I'm not either." She laid back slowly the sun had faded and left its colorful watercolors across the sky that was fading slowly. Her eyes closed slowly.

"Let me know when you are ready... of if it gets too cool," he whispered, his eyes still closed as he lay there atop the roof. He was comfortable there; it was always his favorite place to go when he wanted to be alone. Tonight though, he was with someone and it was nice.

She nodded lightly as she rolled on her side the blanket over her tired form. "...Kyou-kun..."

"Yes Tohru..." he spoke very lightly, his eyes opening to look towards her as he questioned her.

“... If my memories are taken away from me will you still see me..." Her eyes still remained closed. "...I don't ever want to lose you..."

"They don't accept me... so why should I accept their rules," he whispered as he lay there on his back, looking over at the girl with the blanket wrapped around her. "I'll never forget about you... and I won't let you forget about me."

She smiled as she opened her eyes slowly. "Thank you kyou-kun it really means a lot to me..."

"Just... don't worry about that kind of stuff. As long as you keep doing what you do, nothing like that is going to happen to you... I promise." She nodded lightly as she moved closer to him but not enough to touch him as she looked to the sky once more.

His head turned towards her as she moved closer, his hands taking the blanket and wrapping it around her better. "You alright?"

She nodded lightly. "I just wanted to be close to you, but not to close..." She spoke sadly her eyes focused on the sky that had started to change to a midnight purple.

"You don’t want to make me transform... that I understand," he whispered as he placed one hand on her shoulder. "It's difficult... not being able to touch those you care about..."

She nodded lightly as she sat up slowly looking down to him. "...Is it when our skin touches that you transform..."

"No... It takes an embrace, whether purposeful or accidental... an embrace causes the transformation of the Sohma family."

She nodded lightly. "...It was worth a try..." Her head lowered a little her eyes still focused on him. "I want you to be able to know what it felt like... beside the times Kagura chokes you when she does..."

"I could feel it... but only for a moment... then it's poof."

She nodded lightly giggling a bit. "You are pretty cute as a kitty."

His cheeks flushed as he shook his head quickly. "No I'm not!"

She giggled even more as she leaned over trying to tickle him her eyes looking to his shimmering in the rising moon.

He eeped slightly as she started to try to tickle him and squirmed around trying to avoid her fingers. He couldn't help but laugh, as much as he might try to pretend, he was enjoying it.

She smiled watching him as she sat up a bit more only to slip landing on top of him. Her eyes closing tightly knowing what was going to happen.

As she slipped, he instinctively threw his arms around her to catch her. Before he knew it, a cloud of smoke covered them both, leaving her lying atop the small orange cat.

She rolled off him quickly as she looked to him scared that he had hurt him. "...I'm so sorry Kyou-kun..."

Slowly he stands up on all fours and stretches slightly, his tail flicking side to side. "I'm alright... just, a cat." Slowly he shook his head and chuckled, "At least you didn't fall."

"...Yeah and I didn't crush you..." She looked down sadly. "...I ruined our little time didn't I..."

"No.… You didn't ruin anything." Smiling slightly, he slid over to her and placed a paw onto her hand, "this is going to happen a lot... no need to get worked up about it..."

"I know, but still..." She patted his head softly with her free hand smiling a little. "Your softer then Yuki-kun, Kyou-kun..."

"And a lot less nasty too... damn rat," he said with a slight chuckle as he looked up at her and rubbed his paw on her hand, making a slight purr sound as her hand patted his head.

She smiled lightly feeling a bit better now about what she had accidently done to him. "Thank you Kyou-kun... Did I make you happy though for that one second?"

"I was happy to know that you were safe... when I caught you. Yes, you did," he whispered and slowly crawled into her lap to curl up, shivering slightly in his tiny form.

"I thought you were use to the weather since you been training in the mountains." She spoke softly as she pulled the blanket up over them making sure he was covered more and safe.

"It's a little different... when you're the size of a kitten," he whispered as he snuggled into her for warmth, purring softly.

She nodded lightly as she petted him softly. “... I will protect you in this form as well Kyou-kun..." She smiled at him softly.

"Thanks... Tohru," he whispered as he started to grow groggy from her affectionate petting. His eyes drifting closed and popping back open again.

"Do you want me take you back inside the others are asleep I haven’t heard them in a long time..." She continued to pet him softly her eyes closed halfway looking to the stars.

"If you're ready to go back in…." he whispered, his eyes closed fully as he instinctively nuzzled into her touch, "But... don't forrrrrget my clothes..."

She nodded lightly. "...Kyou-kun if I am still touching you does that keep you from changing back?" She looked down to him curiously.

"So I've heard... so long as you continue to touch me, I will remain a cat. But after you release me... only for a few moments will I remain one before changing back."

She nodded lightly as she looked to the stars starting to blush. "Do you want to lay in the same bed then if I keep close to you and touch you, you won't change back... so I don't think its bad as long as your a kitty..."

The orange fur of his face was tinted a soft shade of red as he thought about what she just said, his head slowly nodding. "I... would like that Tohru... but only until you are asleep, then I'll leave just incase..."

"It'll give us both a sense of security..." She smiled down to him kindly. “... It’ll probably scare the others if we are laying together even in your kitty form..." She giggled.

Chuckling softly, he nuzzled into her and nodded his head. "I'd like that..."

She nodded lightly. "Should we head in now since it’s getting pretty cold?"

"Yes... I would like to, it's rather chilly for my tiny form...,” he said as he shivered in her lap. She nodded lightly as she pulled the blanket off of her wrapping him up in the blanket as she gathered his clothes making sure to hold onto his paw so he wouldn't transform on her as she started to go down the ladder carefully. He smiled in the warmth, relaxing as she took him down and into the building where it would be so much warmer. She slide the door open slowly careful not to make to much noise as she headed up to her room slowly shutting her door before sitting down on her bed with him on her lap as she sat his clothes on the dresser.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment