Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - chapter five

A bond, forged by hardship, sparks a fire that would not be doused. An ageold curse, creates pain and suffering, the love shared between two boys and a girl, forbidden by fate. Completed!
A whole 50 chapters!

Chapter 5 - chapter five

Chapter 5 - chapter five
He remained quietly curled up against her, purring very slightly within the warmth of the blanket that she'd wrapped him in. He could be felt moving around just a bit, nuzzling against her body and getting comfortable. She blushed lightly as she rubbed his ears softly to try and relax him as she rested quietly her eyes closed slowly. His eyes, too, fell closed, his form coming to a rest against her, making him self comfortable. He was growing sleepy from the warmth, and was finding his purr was growing quieter as he started to drift off to sleep. She slept silently as her petting slowed until her hand rested under his body where she held him close to her body as she rested. He'd fallen asleep in her embrace; his eyes closed fully, ears folded against his head. It hadn't even occurred to him that they'd fallen asleep in the same bed. She woke slowly in the morning she had shifted in her sleep her back was to him as she turned over looking to him she blushed a dark red looking away as she took her hand shaking him lightly. “... Kyou-kun... You changed back..."

His eyes quickly widened as he awoke with a start, glad that he was still beneath the cover from the previous night. "I-It's alright... just... hand me my clothes and DON'T look this way..."

She blushed more. "...You tell me not to look, but the clothes are in front of you!" She was getting nervous now starting to feel overwhelmed her voice getting louder.

"SHH... you'll wake everyone else and they'll become suspicious," he said as he looked at his clothes. "Just... turn over and don't look this way, alright?"

She nodded lightly keeping her head down and her body facing away from him. “... I’m sorry..."

"It's alright, just... don't look," he said as he quickly climbed out from under the blanket and ran to the dresser to get his clothing, pulling it on.

She closed her eyes tightly as she kept quiet before looking back slowly to him. "Are you done yet Kyou-kun?"

His head turned towards her, his pants on, his shirt still in his hands, "I'm close enough I suppose, it's alright." Slowly he closed his eyes and stretched out before pulling on his shirt, "Hopefully no one has bothered to look for us this morning..."

“... Yet, but the others are probably up though so you might want to go through my window." She giggled lightly. "Might be hard to explain that."

"Yea... sounds like a good idea," he says as he walks to the window and pulls it up. "See ya in the kitchen." Before she could say anything, he was out the window and to the ground. She walked out of her room still blushing lightly making her way down the steps into the kitchen to start breakfast. Slowly he walked through the front door, his arms crossed behind his head. Walking to the dining room, he takes a seat and glances at the other two.

Yuki looked up to the cat from his tea. "I didn't see you come in last night cat."

"I fell asleep on the roof, so don't even start with me, ya damn rat." His arms crossed over his chest as he let out a slight huff and tossed his head to the side towards the kitchen, waiting for his breakfast.

"You probably made Miss Honda more sick I saw her when she came down her cheeks were bright red."

"Nonsense, I made sure she went to bed before it got too cold outside, she's probably just thinking about things again." Slowly his head shook, glancing at the door still. She walked into the dining area with empty bowls and a big batch of oatmeal.

Seeing what she had, he slightly smiled and closed his eyes, glancing at the table, "Mhmm... That smells delicious, can't wait to get my hands on it."

She smiled. "I added leeks to give it more of a zing." She knelt down pouring the oatmeal into the bowl's handing it out to the three males of the household.

"Leeks..." he mumbled under his breath, his eyes falling on the oatmeal. Slowly, he lifted his spoon and poked at it, as if he expected it to explode or something, "You're kidding... right?"

She shook her head as she started to eat her meal smiling happily. "I hope you enjoy your meal." Grimacing slightly at the thought of the leeks, he slowly started to poke and prod at his oatmeal again before lifting one spoonful, sniffing of it.

She stood slowly leaving her bowl. "I'll make you something else to eat Kyou-kun." She stood slowly walking into the kitchen.

"No, sit down... I'll eat it." Slowly he stuck the spoon in his mouth, his eyes widening slightly. She giggled lightly as she knelt back down starting to eat quietly. Slowly, harshly he swallowed and put on the biggest, fake smile he could. He tasted the leek, it was... awful to say the least, but he'd eat it, just to make sure she didn't have to do anything special since she had been ill.

She giggled lightly tiling her head to the side. "Do you think I would put leeks in oatmeal Kyou-kun?"

"I don't know... you do love leek," he said with a disgusted look on his face. "You had me thinking they were in there... so badly that I could have sworn they were."

She smiled lightly. "I wanted to see what you would do." Yuki shook his head. "You can be so inconsiderate for what Miss Honda does for us you damn cat."

"Shut the hell up Yuki, before I shut you up," Kyou snapped, his eyes glaring daggers at the rat, hand clenching the spoon so tightly that it was beginning to bend. "She knows I don't like leek, and I know she was kidding with me now, so just keep your damn mouth shut!"

He glared at him as he looked back to his meal eating. "You can be so childish at times stupid cat." Tohru stood slowly after finishing her meal walking into the kitchen as she started to clean up quietly.

Finishing his oatmeal, he glared at Yuki before standing and walking into the kitchen with Tohru, making sure the door was closed behind them. "I swear... I'm gonna kill him one of these days..."

"But I would never be able to forgive you if you did." She looked up to him sadly before looking down finishing up the dishes.

Quietly he walked over and stuck his bowl in the sink, his hands staying in and washing at it, "Look... if I was inconsiderate, I didn't mean..." Sighing, he just shook his head, "forget it."

"You weren't I was the one out of place." She closed her eyes slowly before looking up to him. "...I'm sorry Kyou-kun..."

"I was the one complaining about food... so, don't apologize, just forget the whole thing," he said, his eyes closing as he finished up the bowl and put it in the rinse.

“... Kyou-kun can we go to the park later today?" She looked up into his eyes slowly. "I haven’t been out of the house in a few days."

"Sure, we can do that if you'd like," he said, his hands still rinsing at the bowl before finally putting it in the drainer to dry. "I'd like to get away from that damn rat too."

She nodded lightly smiling lightly as she kissed his cheek. "Thank you Kyou-kun."

A slight blush warmed his cheeks as he felt the warmth of her lips then the sudden coolness created by the slightly moist spot left behind by her kiss. "Uh... um... s-sure.. Tohru."

She smiled. "I got to clean up now I'll see you in a little bit. You can wait outside so you don't get hurt by Yuki-kun." She walked back into the dining room cleaning up.

"Him, hurt me? Ha," he called out to her before walking out the back door of the house, finding a nearby tree to scamper up and sit in a branch to wait for her. She finished cleaning the table off starting to wash the dishes before she walked outside slipping on her sandals and a sun hat she looked into the tree smiling up to him.

"You ready to go," he asked, looking down at her with a smile as well. He'd been wanting to talk to her more, after the way they'd woken up this morning.

She nodded lightly. "Yes I'm ready to go to the park." She was smiling happily.

Slowly he jumped down to the ground, standing beside her, "Good, I'm ready too." He had a slight smile spread over his lips, something that wasn't exactly usual. She blushed lightly seeing him smile as she looked down keeping her hands down slowly as she started to walk down the path. Slowly he walked beside her, his hands crossed behind his head. She made sure she was far from the house before she looked up to him blushing lightly. "...Kyou-kun... because you didn't get up to go to bed does that mean we slept together like other people?"

A slight blush slid over his cheeks, "We just shared a bed.. We didn't do anything you know..." He was trying to ease her thoughts, hoping he was doing so the right way.

She blushed lightly still as she looked down. "... But you were naked when I woke up..."

"I didn't touch you though... did I," he asked, truly not knowing if he'd touched her during the night. He didn't remember doing anything to her, he certainly hoped he hadn't done anything to her that she wouldn't like.

She shook her head slowly. "I wasn't sure if that counted though I don't want you to get in trouble with the others."

"It wouldn't matter if we did or not... they don't accept me, so why should I abide by their rules," he said defiantly, glancing at her with a slight smile spread over his lips. She blushed lightly as she reached for his hand slowly lacing her fingers in his. His eyes glanced down at her hand, blinking slightly before his hand closed around her's, holding it lightly. He felt a slight warmth on his cheeks, his eyes looking up to find her's. She smiled lightly as she looked to the sky as she continued to walk on. He followed beside her, allowing her to lead him around, his eyes closed.

She stopped reaching the park she let go of his hand running ahead of him turning around. "Can't catch me Kyou-kun!"

Laughing slightly, he allowed a grin to slide over his lips, "You can't outrun a cat Tohru!" Quickly he took off after her, running at his full pace. She giggled lightly as she moved quickly into to the trees hiding from him as she looked for him blushing lightly.

His head turned side to side as he looked around for her, using his instincts to look for tracks in the dirt. "Where, oh where are you...?" She blushed lightly as she quieted down a bit trying to stay quiet as she moved slowly staying hidden.

His eyes finally spotted a few small footprints. Following them quickly, he glanced around at the bushes and trees. "I know you're here." She moved slowly hearing him moving on the other side of the tree. He turned his head side to side, listening to the sound of her movement, a grin on his lips. She stopped slowly no longer hearing him. Quickly he half pounced around the corner at her. Moves back quickly against the tree startled.

"Found you," he says quietly, half-pinning her to the tree with one hand, chuckling softly. "Now, what do I win?"

She blushed lightly kissing his cheek softly. "...That."

He too blushed slightly, glancing off to one side and releasing her, "T-that was a fun game... we should play again sometime..." She nodded lightly still blushing as she looked down slowly.

"I'll hide now!" With that, he took off, running off into the trees deeper into the woods.

She stood slowly. "...Yeah easy for you, you can climb up into trees and smell me." She took off into the woods chasing after him.

Quickly, he ran towards a small pond and ran along its banks until he found a place to hide beneath an old bridge that led over the creek that flowed out from the pond. She stumbled over the branches in the forest as she looked around seeing people with their children. “... Kyou-kun..." She spoke softly searching for any signs of an orange hair as she headed toward the bridge.

Smiling, he sat beneath the bridge, leaning back against the ground almost in a laying position under it. "Let's see how long it takes her." She looked around a few kids running by half the size she was playing the same game. His head tilted back slightly, looking up through the cracks in the bridge. She looked back toward the bridge heading over quickly seeing a small patch of orange. His eyes slowly slipped closed as he grew comfortable beneath the bridge. The soft breeze that blew over the water's surface was nice, and the place was peaceful.

She smiled as she stood besides the bridge smiling. "I found you." She tackled him playfully forgetting about the curse.

"Ack!" Feeling her tackle, her arms falling around him, he poofed into a cat, mewing slightly.

People could be heard running over hearing the boom sound. She stood quickly forgetting about the slope of the bridge she smacked her head hard before falling back into the pond going under.

"Tohru!" He called out to her, his body too small to do much. Though he wasn't sure he could do much, he jumped into the water and swam to her, despite what water does to him.

People hurried over a few jumping into the water one grabbing hold of the scruff of his neck tossing him up on shore as two other men pulled the girl from the water.

"Hey, easy there big guy, before I have to beat your @$$!" Came a voice that the people could not determine where it came from, Kyou’s eyes large as he watched them pull her from the water.

She opened her eyes weakly as she looked to him. "...Run Neko-san... " She was using the term she had called him when they first met she didn't want to risk his identity being reveled. "...Go home to the others..." She started coughing her eyes closing as one of the men carried her away from the pond.

Quickly he did the exact opposite of what she'd called out to him, running up and jumping onto her, laying there with his claws lightly clinging to her soaked clothing. Very lightly, he whispered, hoping none would hear but her, "I'm not leaving you..."

"...The take my memories if they see you change..." Tears rolled down her face she was scared and shivering as she tried to push him away from her. "...Tell the others..."

His claws clung to her clothing, staying against her as closely as he could get. "Just don't let go, and I won't change back..." he whispered, not wanting to leave her.

Her eyes had already closed her body lay in the man's arms limply as an ambulance pulled in they took her quickly pulling him off of her body the man taking hold of him as the doors closed the sound going off as the ambulance moved heading down the road.

A loud hiss came from Kyou as he was yanked away, his right paw coming around and swiping harshly at the arm of the man holding him. The man's reaction was to drop the cat, which gave Kyou time to run back under the bridge to where his clothes were. She lay silently in the bed they had placed her on her breath shallow. Her mind starting to trick her 'mother.' she spoke her mother smiling to her as she ran toward her mother everything seeming to blur as she stepped closer her mother walking away from her. The person taking care of her till they got there watched her before putting on an oxygen mask so she could breath easily.

After a brief moment, he'd changed back and grabbed his clothes, pulling them on as quickly as possible. I'm coming Tohru. As quickly as his feet would carry him, the orange haired boy followed after the direction that the ambulance had gone, not stopping for anything or anyone.

They pulled her inside and into a room she was in risk, but she was unconscious and her body weak. “... Kyou-kun..." She spoke weakly through the mask that muffled her cries.

Running out into the street, the crimson eyes of the boy shifted left and right, trying to find any trace of a trail left by the ambulance. "Where's that damn hospital..." Quickly he followed a small black mark on the road, running towards downtown.

After the doctor checked her out he left the room leaving her alone in her room. "Does anyone know the girl's name?" The nurse shook her head the doctor walking past. "Someone will come looking for her."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment