Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - chapter six

A bond, forged by hardship, sparks a fire that would not be doused. An ageold curse, creates pain and suffering, the love shared between two boys and a girl, forbidden by fate. Completed!
A whole 50 chapters!

Chapter 6 - chapter six

Chapter 6 - chapter six
After a few moments, the front door of the hospital burst open, an out of breath Kyou running in and straight to the information desk. "Where's Tohru? They wouldn't let me come with her and I demand to know where she's being kept!"

The nurse at the front desk jumped back hearing him shout. "We have no idea who your talking about keep your voice down there are sick people resting here." She stood slowly. "If you don't behave I'll have them kick you out."

"The girl that fell in the stream, where is she," he spoke in a slightly loud tone, though he was trying to restrain himself, for Tohru's sake. "Her name is Tohru, now where is she?"

"The girl they brought her in a few minutes ago she's down the hallway in the tenth room. Try to keep it down though she hasn't waken up yet."

Without another word, Kyou ran from the front desk towards the room that the woman had pointed out. He was worried, and wanted desperately to get to Tohru's side, he felt as though it was his fault, and now he had to get to her and make sure she was ok. The nurse watched him carefully not sure what he was doing exactly from the way he acted. The girl laid silently a blanket covering her up to her chest. Shoving open the door, Kyou stopped, looking in at her with the mask on her face. His head turned down slowly, "Tohru... I'm so sorry..."

Her eyes opened slowly hearing his voice. "...Kyou-kun..." She spoke weakly as she looked over to him sadly.

Quickly he ran to her bedside, kneeling down and grabbing her hands, "You're awake!" He was glad to see that she was awake, that she was ok, he had been so worried.

She looked to him smiling weakly to him. "...You can't get rid of me Kyou-kun..." She coughed her body shaking lightly.

A slight smile spread over his lips, before quickly fading behind a sadness showing. "It's my fault... I couldn't save you because of this damn curse..."

"...Kyou-kun I'm ok..." She spoke softly as she looked to him smiling faintly. "...You should go home you look really warn down." She was still concerned for him as she struggled sitting up.

"I told you... I'm not leaving you," he whispered, gripping her hands lightly still within his own. "I came here because I won't leave you..."

"What about the others I don't want them to worry..." She sat back against the raised bed looking into his eyes. "...What if someone saw what happened... I won't be able to stay with you and the others... Hatori-san will take my memories of you away from me..."

"No one saw anything... it was all hidden by the bridge, don't worry, I won't let anything happen to you, or your memories..." He never moved, staying there by her bed on the floor.

She moved her hand slowly from his petting his cheek her hands were cold from being in the water and not drying off fast enough. "...Thank you Kyou-kun... for taking care of me..."

"You always take care of us... of me... right," he said softly as he closed his eyes at her touch, "we should do the same for you... I should do the same, for you."

She blushed lightly before turning away her hand moving from his cheek as she began to cough hard now. "Just rest... I'll be here when you wake," he said softly as he slowly moved to a chair in the corner of her room, sitting in it, watching her.

"...You should call the others so they don't worry about us..." She pulled the blanket close to her body for warmth.

"I will... you just rest, all right," he once more spoke, smiling slightly at her as he leaned back in the chair and made himself comfortable. She nodded lightly as she watched him from where she lay her eyes slowly closing her body shivering lightly. His arms lay crossed over his chest as he watched her, his eyes as well slowly falling closed as he rested in the chair. She fell asleep curled in a small ball she still had the oxygen to help her breath. Her body had been weakened because of the cold water and cool august wind. The water had sapped him as well, his energy nearly having been drained, then the long run to the hospital, had left him exhausted. Quietly he rested in the chair, sleeping in it's softness. She woke during the night she took off the mask slowly as she moved over to him weakly draping a blanket over him to keep him warm before she slowly made her way to the bed.

The feel of the blanket folding over him made his eyes open slightly, "What are you doing up...?" He'd seen her, and spoke just as she stat back onto the bed.

"...You looked cold I didn't want you to get sick because of me..." She sat quietly looking to the window seeing that the sun had already fallen.

"I'll go call the others... you just rest, alright, and stop worrying about me, you're the one that's sick..." Slowly he stood, moving towards the door when the doctor entered, giving the orange-haired boy a stern look. "Visiting hours are over, sir, you'll have to leave."

"...He's my brother he's the only family I really have left after my mother got into a car accident please let him stay..." She was lying to him she didn't want Kyou to leave her alone. "...He's going to call our uncle to let him know what happened."

Kyou glanced back at her with a confused look, before deciding to play along. Looking back at the doctor, he glared at him and nodded, "That's right, and I promised her I wouldn't leave her side until she was better, so just get out of my way so I can do as she asked of me." She sat back slowly watching Kyou carefully still a little worried her body was shaking from the cold now as she watched the doctor now.

The doctor slowly stepped aside with a grumble, "She'll be released later tonight, so I guess it won't hurt to let you stay, just hurry up and go do what you need to do." With that said, the doctor walked away, Kyou close behind headed to the phone.

She laid down slowly closing her eyes halfway. “... Akito-san will learn about this... Kyou-kun will get hurt because of me..." She whispered softly no one around to here.

After a few brief moments, Kyou returns to the room and takes a seat in the chair again. "Yuki wanted to come down here, but I told him that the doctor wouldn't allow it. Shigure will come and get us when you're released."

She nodded lightly her head resting on the pillow her hand hanging off the bed. "...I'm still sorry about putting you in danger... You could have drowned..."

"You could have drowned... I shouldn't have hidden beneath that bridge..." Slowly he stood and walked to the bed, sitting on the side of it. "The game got... out of hand," he whispered, taking the hand that hung off the bed in his hands.

"...Because of me I got to excited and forgot about what happens..." She kept her head down her eyes hidden from his. "..I'm sorry Kyou-kun..."

"Stop apologizing... it's not your fault, alright," he said definitively, his hands squeezing her hand lightly, "as long as you're alright, everything is fine."

She nodded lightly as she looked back up to him. “... So how long till uncle gets here Kyou-kun...?"

"He told me to call him again when they release you and he will come to get us..." Kyou smiled slightly and looked down at her, "The doctor is gone, you don't need to flatter Shigure too much, so let's not mention this to him when he gets here."

She nodded lightly. "Then if were not playing I want to give you a reward for taking care of me." She leaned over slowly kissing his cheek.

A slight blush took over his cheeks as he looked down and smiled, "I never rewarded you for finding me..."

She blushed lightly. "I got to see a kitty that’s good enough..."

Slowly he leaned down and kissed her forehead, lacing his fingers between her's, "I'll take you to the park again when you're feeling well... promise."

She nodded lightly as she continued to blush holding her hand in his hand now. "That'll be nice."

"This time.. I won't go near the water," he said softly as he looked down at her, finding her eyes and looking into them. "I won't let anything happen to you again..."

"I won't let anything happen to you either..." She looked down to her feet slowly.

A knock on the door was heard, Kyou glancing toward it. Slowly it opened to show Shigure standing there, seeing the two holding hands and being close, "The doctor called and said he'd released my... niece?"

She blushed a dark red giggling lightly as she looked to Kyou smiling. "...Yeah brother and I are ready to go home uncle."

"You two sure don't look like brother and sister... especially not like that, but... alright, let's go then shall we." Kyou blushed and let go of Tohru's hand quickly. She watched him sadly as she got up taking her wet clothes that hung in the closet walking out behind Shigure.

Quickly Kyou caught up to her, "I... I got to play the part while we leave, right?"

She nodded lightly looking down before looking up to him smirking as she stepped on his foot. "Baka brother you don't have to baby me."

Kyou’s eyes went wide, almost yelling out in pain before he quickly remembered where he was. Slowly he bit his lip and grabbed her hand, tugging her around to look at him in the eyes.

She blushed a dark red seeing him before she started to giggle at him before pulling away. Slowly he followed her, smiling slightly as they headed for the door, glad that she was all right. She stayed on the other side of Shigure giggling lightly before coughing hard her body shaking as she did.

Quickly Kyou ran up beside her, grabbing her hand, "Are you alright, are you sure you're ready to go home?" Shigure laughed slightly, "Calm down Kyou, she's got a cold."

She nodded lightly. "...I just got a little worked up..." She moved away from him back to Shigure side. "...Brother you don't have to baby me I'll be just fine."

"Y-yea... you're right," he said as he stood on Shigure's other side, mumbling something about being glad when they get out of that hospital so she'll stop calling him that.

She stepped outside into the August breeze smiling. "...It feels nice and cold out here compared to the stuffy rooms."

"But you don't need to be cold," said Kyou as he glanced back at the closing doors, smiling satisfied.

"Its not that cold out her Kyou-kun." She smiled before she coughed once more shaking.

"But you're sick, here," he said as he grabbed Shigure's jacket, pulling it from him and putting it on Tohru, "he doesn't mind sharing..."

She blushed lightly looking up to him. "...Kyou-kun I'm fine... You don't have to act like this..."

"You're not fine, you're sick and you need to stay warm..." he said as he wrapped the jacket around her, his arms almost folding around her as he did.

She moved away from quickly almost frightened. "...I don't want you to be seen if something happens like today at the pond..." She looked down sadly as she walked on ahead of him following Shigure.

His head hung slightly, arms folding behind him, hands holding the opposite wrist. "Right... we can't let that happen..." he mumbled slightly, "Damn curse..." She got into the car slowly laying down in the back seat his coat over her as she lay silently. Slowly Kyou climbed into the front seat, staring out the front window quietly. He just stared straight ahead, not saying anything, wanting her to rest. She slept silently in the back seat coughing lightly shaking under the coat.

"Stop here Shigure... I'll walk the rest of the way home, I just need some fresh air and time to think... Make sure she goes to bed when you get home..."

She sat up slowly hearing the car slow to a stop. "..Are we home now...?" She looked up to Kyou slowly.

"Not yet," he whispered as he reached back and placed his hand on her cheek, "Finish your nap, I'll see you at home." With that, he slowly climbed from the car and shut the door behind him.

She nodded sadly. “... Ok Kyou-kun..." She slowly rested her head back down on the seat. Slowly he walked, towards the house, looking through her window as the car slowly drove away. Sighing slightly, he closed his eyes and lowered his head slightly.

She watched him slowly before looking forward at the back of the seat closing her eyes slowly. “... Shigure-san... will you tell the others about what happened I mean to Akito-san and Hatori-san..."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment