Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - chapter seven

A bond, forged by hardship, sparks a fire that would not be doused. An ageold curse, creates pain and suffering, the love shared between two boys and a girl, forbidden by fate. Completed!
A whole 50 chapters!

Chapter 7 - chapter seven

Chapter 7 - chapter seven
Shigure continued to drive towards the house, his head tilting slightly, "About you being in the hospital? Why would I, it's not like it was anything serious."

“... Kyou-kun didn't tell you what happened at the park today when we were playing..?" She pulled the jacket to her chin.

"No, was there something important that happened that he was supposed to tell me," he questioned, looking up in the rear-view mirror.

“... When we were playing hide and seek... When I found him I got to excited and hugged him..." She buried her head in the jacket. "...I don't know if anyone seen him change or not..."

"Oh, I see... that makes things a bit different then doesn't it? He doesn't seem to make a big deal out of it, and I haven't heard any reports of an alien or anything..."

She nodded lightly. "..I'm scared Kyou-kun might get hurt by Akito-san because of me..."

"Akito doesn't have to know anything... and I wouldn't worry about Kyou... he doesn't care what Akito wants, and he's definitely not scared of him... he can take care of himself."

She nodded before hard coughing. "...I'm sick again after Kyou-kun nursed me back to health..."

"He wants you to rest and get well... so just, don't let him down. It's obvious he cares a lot about you... after all, he didn't tell me about what happened fully, because he wants to protect you..."

She sat up slowly as she nodded. "...I'm scared that I'll hurt him though... He's already been through a lot from what I've learned from his master..."

"He has been through a lot... and each time it has made him stronger. He used to not be like this... protective, but he is protecting you..."

She looked down blushing. "...I don't want the others to know though if Akito-san learns he'll make Kyou-kun's life a living hell." She leaned forward starting to cough harder this time.

"Don't worry too much... no one has to know anything about today. Kyou told us that you fell in the water... that's all that has to be said." She nodded lightly as she laid back down on the seat resting.

Looking in the mirror again, he slightly smiled and continued to drive home. Kyou was walking along the sidewalk slowly still, his head hung low, "I am going to get her in trouble... but I can't help what I feel... I can't stop wanting to protect her..."

She walked upstairs into her room lying down quietly on the bed as she closed her eyes she didn't cover up her body was to warm. His eyes turning up to the sky, Kyou closed his eyes, grabbing the beads on his wrist. "Why does this always happen to me... why can the cat never be happy..?" His head falling, he kneels down and hugs his knees, resting his chin on them. She stayed awake waiting for Kyou to return she kept her window open listening carefully for any footsteps from outside or on the rood. She coughed hard once more as she tried to rest.

After about an hour, the front door of the house opened, the orange haired boy walking through it and up the stairs towards his room. As he passed by Tohru's room, he paused for a moment, looking at it, "I shouldn't bother her..."

She sat up slowly hearing the stairs squeak she got off the bed slowly walking toward the door opening it slowly looking to see outside wanting to know if it was him.

His eyes fell on her as she opened her bedroom door, "I didn't mean to wake you."

She smiled faintly. "...Welcome home Kyou-kun..." She had waited for him to get home she also listened to him by lying down and resting.

"How are you feeling," he asked softly, looking down at the floor, not wanting to look her in the eye after how he'd acted, afraid she'd push him away again.

"...I feel better Kyou-kun... Will you rest with me again?" She looked back up to him.

"I'll sit with you... if you want," he said softly, looking up at her slowly. His eyes fell on her's, eyes half closed. She blushed lightly taking his hand gently as she went over laying down on her bed still above the covers.

Slowly he followed her into the room, taking a seat on the side of her bed. "I-I'm sorry.. If I was pushy or anything..."

"...Its ok..." She petted his cheek softly. "...I was just worried about you getting hurt..." She closed her eyes halfway as she placed her hand in his.

His hand slowly closed around her's, holding it softly in his. "I can take care of myself... I promise," he says softly, holding her hand. “... Kyou-kun... When I get better we can play hide and seek in the woods where no one goes..." She looked up to smiling.

"Sure... if you would like to," he said softly, looking down at her with a smile.

She nodded lightly. "...Then we don't have to worry if I do something stupid again..."

Smiling, he closes his eyes and grips her hand, leaning down and kissing her cheek. "When you're better, I promise."

"...Kyou-kun... If my memories are taken from me... will you still come to see me...?" She closed her eyes slowly still holding his hand.

“You will never have that happen... and even if you did... I'd never let you go... I'd never let you forget me." She nodded lightly smiling her grip loosening around his hand as she moved closer to him resting her head on his lap. Smiling down at her slightly, his hand lightly running through her hair as she laid her head on his lap.

She smiled as she starting to drift off to sleep. "...I'm glad I got to meet you Kyou-kun..." She spoke softly as she started to rest.

"I'm glad I got to meet you too Tohru," he whispered as he watched her drift off to sleep slowly, smiling softly. She stayed close to him resting quietly coughing hard every once in awhile. Smiling a bit, he continues to run his fingers through her hair, trying to make her comfortable. She woke quickly moving away from him quickly running across the hall into her bathroom slamming the door shut as she began to throw up.

Slowly he stands and moves to the door, knocking on it, "You ok in there?"

She was shaking badly she didn't come out until she had washed her face trying to get rid of the smell. She closed the door behind her as she kept her head down.

"You need to sleep... and drink plenty of water..." he said as he took her hand and slowly led her back to her room. She held his hand weakly her body warm as she slowly lay back down on the bed closing her eyes halfway. Slowly he pulled the covers over her, grabbing a glass and going to get her some water. She kicked the covers off of her body she felt to warm to be covered even in light sheets. When he came back, he carried her the water, smiling as he sat on the edge of the bed. She laid quietly on the bed she wasn't even smiling anymore her face had grown pale.

"Tohru..." he said softly, giving her a light shake, "you need to drink plenty of fluids."

She sat up slowly taking the glass slowly looking down. "...My mom use to take care of me when I got sick..." She drank the glass slowly tears starting to roll down she could only drink a little bit before setting the glass on her dresser as she laid down slowly.

"I'm here... I'll take care of you Tohru...,” he said softly, wanting to calm her and make her feel better. Slowly he ran his fingers through her hair again.

She closed her eyes slowly as she started to drift off not fully aware what was going on her head starting to burn up. Slowly he felt the heat from her head and took a rag, dampening it and placing it on her head. "...Kyou-kun... I got to see my mother today..." She spoke barely above a whisper her eyes closed now. "... But she wouldn't stop for me and wait for me..."

"You were probably dreaming Tohru... you miss your mother, and your thoughts create dreams."

"...I don't remember her voice anymore..." She stayed close to him.

"It's been a long time... just... try to rest," he said softly as he leaned over her, running his fingers through her hair still.

"...Do you remember how your mother talked Kyou-kun...?" She opened her eyes halfway looking up to him weakly.

"I'll never forget her voice..." he said quietly as his eyes fell closed, a slight look of hesitation on his face, "but... let's not get into that, ok?"

She nodded weakly closing her eyes. "...I love you Kyou-kun..." She rolled over slowly facing away from him sleeping soundly.

His eyes go wide slightly at her words, slowly falling closed as he puts a hand on her shoulder, " I love you too Tohru..." She was coughing hard shaking as she slept, but didn't wake. Slowly he rubbed her arm, slowly laying down beside her.

Yuki walked in quietly looking in. "...Is she ok..." He looked at her worriedly then glared seeing the cat lying like that with Tohru.

"She's sick... and needs lots of rest," he whispered, looking over at Yuki, "I'm taking care of her."

He slowly made his way over sitting on the floor next to the bed. "I'll help you can't be trusted with Miss Honda..."

"Why not?" His voice was angry, but remained quiet, not wanting to wake Tohru.

She shivered in her sleep Yuki watching her quietly. "What happened at the pond?"

"We were playing hide and seek and she slipped... I tried to catch her... and," he said quietly, sighing softly. "It's my fault..."

"...She shouldn't have gotten this sick..." He petted her cheek softly. "...She was still sick when you went to the park."

"She said she was fine... I believed her..." he said, looking down.

"...You should have checked her before going... You know how Miss Honda is she puts everyone before her..."

"She asked me to take her... so I thought she was better, I didn't know she was still sick... I know I should have made sure... but I trust her..."

"...Did something else happen at the pond?"

"I told you... she slipped... I tried to catch her, and she fell in..."

He looked up into his eyes before nodding slowly laying back against the bed closing his eyes halfway. "...I don't want you taking Miss Honda anywhere till Hatori-san checks on her."

"No... he won't touch her... I'll take her back to the normal hospital before I'll let him touch her..." he said, glaring at Yuki.

He looked back slowly. "...What happened at the pond cat?"

"I told you damn it, she slipped and I tried to catch her, read between the fracking lines rat," he growled, "no one saw it, they only saw her!"

She flinched in her sleep hearing him her eyes slowly opening looking to him sadly she was still out of it as she looked around the room. "...Mom..." She spoke weakly.

"Tohru... it's ok, we're here," spoke the soft voice of Kyou, completely ignoring the rat now as he focused entirely on the girl.

She moved closer to him weakly resting her head on his lap she was still burning up Yuki leaned over feeling her head. “... We need to get Hatori-san she's running a high fever..."

"I don't want him touching her Yuki... if anything, let me take her back to the hospital.. but not Hatori..."

"Hatori-san would be faster then some doctor waiting on several patients it'll take for to long to get across town!" He was growling at him now.

"I don't care... Hatori will tell Akito about the accident and he'll force him to take her memory... I won't allow it..."

Yuki growled at him. "Your stubborn cat I'll get Shigure-san up dress her in warmer clothing the cold outside won't help her any." He left quickly heading down to Shigure.

"D-dress... h-her..." he questioned as he stood slowly, looking down at her with a slight blush spread over his cheeks.

She opened her eyes slowly feeling him move away from her. “... Kyou-kun... What's wrong?"

"Yuki thinks you should see Hatori... I told him I'll take you back to the hospital, your fever is out of control..." he said, reaching over to her drawer to get her a robe. She sat up slowly watching him her shaking lightly as she stood walking over to him.

"Here... put this on, the cold air might feel good on your skin, but you need to keep this on in order to be warm so you don't get sicker."

She nodded lightly as she pulled her sweater on grabbing his hand weakly her cheeks were red and rosy as she made her way down stairs. Slowly he followed her down the stairs, his hand in her's. Walking to the front door, he glances out to see Shigure in the car, Yuki already in the passenger seat. "I wish that damn rat would just stay home..."

She looked up to him sadly. "...I'm sorry I'm sick Kyou-kun I don't want you to feel uncomfortable." She started to lose her balance a few tomes until she finally made it to the car.

Quickly he reached out and pulled the door open for her, helping her in while still holding onto her hand. Once he was sure she was in, he too climbed in and took a seat beside her.

She closed her eyes slowly before leaning over her head resting in his lap her hair falling in front of her eyes. Yuki looked back to her sadly. "...She probably got phenomena from being in the pond."

"Pneumonia..? I shouldn't have brought her home yet, I'm surprised the doctor would release her if that was the case..." His hand gently ran through her hair.

"The 'doctor' was probably taking care of other patients." Yuki watched her carefully as Shigure started to drive back Shigure looking in the review mirror. "...At first its hard to tell until a few hours later or longer. Luckily Kyou-kun was sleeping with her again."

His eyes went wide slightly as he heard their words, "I wasn't sleeping with her, I was just watching over her... and what do you mean 'again'?"

"When I came home I went to check on Miss Honda and I saw her holding this cute little fuzzy orange cat."

A slight blush spread over the cheeks of the boy, "What were you doing looking in her room when she was sleeping, pervert?"

"She was sick Kyou-kun I was worried about her." He looked back to him glaring a bit. Tohru giggling weakly as she tried to open her eyes.

"Yea yea... it was her idea... said it would make her feel better, so you think I could say no to her...?"

He shook his Head pulling into town. "What else happened tonight?"

"Nothing happened... I was just trying to make her feel better, she was sleeping and I was just there, watching her."

"I meant did she do anything when she was sleeping or woke up."

"No... Not that I know of, why?" He blinked, looking around slightly uncomfortable.

"She didn't show any other signs of being sick just a temperature?"

"She vomited once... but that was before she went to bed..."

He nodded lightly. "She probably swallowed a lot of the pond water when she went under."

"Probably... I still feel bad about what happened... I didn't expect her to fall in like that, but..." Slowly he sighed and looked down.

She had her eyes open halfway as she smiled faintly to him she couldn't say anything she didn't want him to feel uncomfortable if she said the wrong thing. Smiling down at her slightly, he brushed his hand through her hair still.

She closed her eyes slowly as Shigure pulled up into the hospital parking lot. "Kyou-kun help her into the hospital I'll sign the papers."

"Sure thing," he said, grabbing the door handle and pulling it open. "Come on Tohru... time to go in." She slid out slowly grabbing his hand her body temperature had changed dramatically once more her hands were cold and pale.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment