Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - chapter eight

A bond, forged by hardship, sparks a fire that would not be doused. An ageold curse, creates pain and suffering, the love shared between two boys and a girl, forbidden by fate. Completed!
A whole 50 chapters!

Chapter 8 - chapter eight

Chapter 8 - chapter eight
Kyou’s eyes widened slightly from the cold feel of her hand. "That's really weird... we should get you inside and let the doctor have a look at you." With that, he tugged on her hand and started walking towards the emergency room. She walked close to him struggling a bit Yuki follow beside her to help her if she fell.

Once at the building, Kyou grabbed the door and tugged it open quickly, only to be met by a familiar gaze on the other side. "Hatori?"

She looked up weakly seeing him her eyes lowering. "...Set her down somewhere before she faints..." Yuki yelled at him trying to stay calm.

"She needs to be taken inside, she needs to see a doctor before she gets sicker, we can't sit her down out here." Kyou was determined not to let Hatori touch her, and as such, pushed past him through the door, tugging Tohru behind him.

"...Kyou-kun... You’re hurting me..." She stumbled trying to keep her balance as he pulled her along.

"I... I'm sorry Tohru, but I won't let that man touch you," he said, pulling her a bit closer, his eyes glaring back at Hatori. One of the nurses took them toward a room down the hall open the door taking Tohru from him so she could help her better changing her into a hospital outfit.

Kyou stood waiting outside the door as Hatori and Yuki approached slowly. "Don't even think about it Hatori, this has nothing to do with you, you stay away from her." Yuki glared at him as the nurse laid Tohru down covering her up to stay warm her body shivering as the nurse placed on IV needle in her arm to help treat her.

"What are you doing here Hatori? Who brought you here and for what reason? You're the family's doctor, you have no place in a hospital like this one."

Yuki slowly leaned back against the doorway looking down. "I would keep your voice down cat if you don't want Akito-san to hear you."

Hatori glared at the orange-haired one, his eyes narrowed. "What are you doing here, and what is wrong with her? I thought it was agreed that anyone involved with the family was to come to me for treatment."

"He's scared you would take her memories from her." Tohru turned weakly on her side looking to them sadly her body was in pain. “... Kyou-kun..." The Nurse by now had already left.

Kyou turned towards Tohru, smiling slightly as he walked into the room and sat down by her bed, "How're you feeling now that you've got some medicine in you?"

"...I'm ok... Please don't be upset..." She reached up weakly petting his cheek softly trying to make him smile.

His head nodded softly as she petted his cheek, lightly purring. "You'll be fine... just don't pretend to be ok anymore, if you're sick, tell us..." Outside, Hatori looked in and brushed his hair aside slightly, "What happened to her, and more importantly, what happened to the cat? He's not supposed to be... happy."

Yuki watched him before looking to Tohru. "She fell in a pond when they were playing hide and seek she wasn't well still, but lied to him to make him happy. Now she's in pain because of him."

Hatori nodded slightly, "How did she fall in the pond?" Kyou’s hands reached up and took hold of one of Tohru's hands, feeling the cold feeling of it. "Rest now... please, and get well..."

"...Will you be here when I get up?" She looked up to him sadly. "She slipped I guess."

"Yea... I'll stay right here while you sleep. I'll be here when you get up, I'll be here when you are well." Hatori watched the two from outside, rolling his eyes, "What of him, could he not just pull her from the water before she had time to become sick?"

Yuki shrugged lightly. "Akito-san most be really sick if he's here I know how he gets when he leaves his home."

Hatori nodded slightly in response to the question, but spoke no words. His arms folded, he continued to watch the two, wondering what had changed about the cat. "Perhaps we should contact his master... he can't be allowed to get close to anyone."

"Why not will it make your job harder to put him in the cage after high school. I doubt she'd allow anyone to take him away from her."

"There's no need to take him away from her, he'll push her away if we call his master..." spoke the 'doctor' as he turned to walk away.

Yuki followed after him. "Why would he push her away after all this?" Yuki watched him carefully looking into the man's eyes.

"Kyou’s true form... it's full of pain, sadness, anger... all of them combined will push her away..."

"You mean that form that pushed his mother to kill herself?" He looked down. "...Miss Honda won't run from him she has done a lot to help him."

"Yes... the beads on his wrist hide his true self... and when released..." a slight smirk slid over Hatori's lips, "all hell will break loose."

Yuki stopped following him now as he stepped back. "He'll kill her if she gets close just like his mother."

"He won't let her get close, he'll run far away and his spirit will be broken yet again. It's what must be done if we're to put him in the cage without resistance."

"Your going to break Miss Honda as well she won't let him go she'll try to bring him home you know that don't you... Is that what Akito-san wants..."

"Akito doesn't care about her, for what it is worth to him, she shouldn't even know about our family...” Again Hatori began to walk away, heading for the room that Akito was in. He returned shortly to where Tohru was sleeping quietly the medicine starting to go threw her system. Kyou sat still, quietly waiting by her side for the girl to awaken. He watched the IV drip, seeming as though he felt nervous about something.

Yuki moved slowly setting at the edge of the bed. "…You don't have to worry about Miss Honda right now Cat she's not on the agenda."

"It's my fault she's this sick... and I promised I'd be right here when she woke up, it's the least I can do..."

Yuki shook her head. "Your master will be coming soon Cat." Tohru slept silently still as she relaxed holding onto his hand.

"What, master is coming to see me," Kyou asked in a semi-excited tone. He hadn't seen his master in quite some time, and had wanted to visit with him again. It wasn't even in his mind that he was in for what he hated most.

"It won't be what your expecting Kyou..." Yuki stood slowly and carefully as he stood up walking over to the chair sitting back.

"What do you mean it won't be what I'm expecting," he replied, his eyes glancing over at Yuki, semi-glaring.

"...Will you still care for her... whatever happens...?" He looked back over toward the window looking outside.

"Yea... why wouldn't I? She's part of the family now, wouldn't you care for her still, no matter what happens?"

He nodded lightly. "I just wanted to make sure you wouldn't run from her for whatever happens..."

"Why would I run from her," he said, looking at him with a confused look, then suddenly remembering his beads. "No... he's not coming here for..."

"...What will you do Kyou-kun she run after you to bring you home you know how she is you saw what she did at the park to save you..."

"How did you know what she did in the park," he asked, his head tilting as he grabbed his beads, squeezing them harshly.

"Shigure-san told me what Miss Honda said in the car when you ran." He watched him car fully.

"Why is master coming here... who's making him come here, and why? What is the purpose of taking my beads this time... is it because of her being here...?"

"I don't know why and if she is the reason for it Kyou-kun." He glared at him now. "I thought I would warn you... for her safety."

"I don't want her to see me like that..." he said, his eyes closing as he looked at his hand being held by her's. "I don't want her to see me like that, it will break her to see the real me... the thing I've been hiding."

"She'll be worse off then Kana when Akito-san blinded Hatori-san in one eye."

"What do I do...? I can't let her see me like that.."

"I don't know cat I was only able to give you a warning." Tohru smiled faintly in her sleep as she rested quietly.

"I won't let him take my beads... not again. He's done it every time I get close to someone... never again, I won't let him... I won't let him make me break her..."

"Then run away." He spoke coldly. “... I’ll take care of her when you do."

"NO... I promised her I wouldn't leave her... I would be here until she was well... I can't go back on that now... I, can't break a promise to her after what I've caused her..."

"...You would break her more by staying... I don't think they would try it here..."

"I won't leave her Yuki... and I won't let them do this to me, not again...” His hand on her’s closed slightly tighter.

Her eyes opened slowly looking down to him as she looked up to him. “... Kyou-kun..."

"Yes Tohru," he asked softly, looking down at her with a slight worried smile, his hands still holding her's.

She looked into his eyes weakly. "...Did I make you upset..." She spoke barely above a whisper as she reached up petting his cheek weakly she was struggled to keep her eyes open now.

"No.… you didn't do anything Tohru... just, rest ok? You need to conserve your energy so you can get well..."

She nodded slowly. "...So we can play hide and seek out in the woods...?" She still looked into his eyes as she moved trying to get comfortable in bed.

"Yea... as soon as you're well... we can play hide and seek in the woods," he whispered, looking down at her still.

She smiled faintly. “... I wish you could lay with me like earlier... Like what my mom use to do..."

"Shhhh.… just rest Tohru, you need it. If I need to go, I'll go, but I'll be back." She nodded lightly as she closed her eyes. Yuki watching quietly.

His hand gave her's a gentle squeeze, his eyes closing softly. "Sleep now..."

"...I want you to rest to Kyou-kun..." She spoke quietly.

"I will get some rest... but don't worry about me, you're the sick one... now stop talking and rest." She nodded lightly as she moved as close as she could lie down quietly as she rested close to him. Smiling slightly, he closed his eyes and just held her hand gently, wanting her to be able to rest comfortably while at the same time knowing he was there. Shigure walked back into the room sitting down by Yuki quietly looking over to the cat.

His head tilted down slightly, looking at his hand in her's. "Why must I be faced with this... damn curse..."

"You were born the cat it’s as simple as that." Shigure watched him carefully as he spoke.

"Shut up... I'm so sick of being called 'the cat' and treated as a castaway... I'm part of this family too..."

Tohru flinched hearing him shaking lightly as her eyes opened slowly. "...I'm sorry..."

"Shhhh... I'm not talking to you, just rest, all right? It'll all be ok, just rest,” His eyes were on her fully, watching her, worried about her, no longer caring about the others.

She let his hand go slowly tucking it in her hand in her blanket. "...I won't force you to stay Kyou-kun..."

"No…. I'm not leaving you Tohru... please don't think I meant that towards you, I was talking to the pervert..." She looked up to him sadly as she nodded lightly closing her eyes halfway.

Slowly he leans over her bed, laying his head on it, his hand resting on her arm. "I'm not leaving you Tohru..."

She nodded once more as she moved slowly kissing his cheek. "...Thank you Kyou-kun..."

A slight blush took his cheeks as he placed his hand on her's again. "Don't think I'm letting you get rid of me that easily..." She smiled kindly as she rested her head beside his as she closed her eyes resting close to him. His eyes too remained closed, looking at the others in the room as they watched him.

She slept silently Yuki looking over to him. "..Your going to hurt her Kyou-kun just like your mother..."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment