Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - chapter ten

A bond, forged by hardship, sparks a fire that would not be doused. An ageold curse, creates pain and suffering, the love shared between two boys and a girl, forbidden by fate. Completed!
A whole 50 chapters!

Chapter 10 - chapter ten

Chapter 10 - chapter ten
"No Tohru, the others don't hate you... what would give you that idea," he asked as his hand still brushed through her hair softly.

“... I could hear them..." She spoke sadly gripping his pant leg as tears soaked through. “... I’m sorry if I have become a burden for the family..."

"You haven't become a burden... so stop thinking like that ok? We're all going home together, as happy as ever... as soon as you get well... You were just dreaming it..."

She nodded sadly as she closed her eyes halfway. “... I have to help Yuki-kun later with the plants... If it keeps raining like this..."

"Shhhh…. Just sleep now," he whispered as he tucked the sheet over her more, his hand still trailing through her hair softly, wanting to help her relax.

She closed her eyes slowly. "...Kyou-kun if you want to leave... I'm not going to stop you..."

"Just rest.. ok... I'm not going anywhere, I promised that I'll stay, and I will," he whispered. She nodded slowly as she cuddled close to him falling in to a light slumber. His hand continued to stroke her hair as she slept, watching the rain outside.

"... Are we going to take her home Kyou-kun and risk her getting hurt..." Yuki looking to the cat.

"When she's well... what else would we do? We can't just leave her here..."

"I know, but we have to figure out something to keep her safe and out of their reach..."

"Like what," Kyou asked, still staring at the rain as it beat about the window of the room.

"I don't know I'm just trying to think of something... I never knew that they would do this to her or us."

"It's because of me... because I'm 'the cat' and everyone hates 'the cat.' They know I'm getting close to her... so they want to take everything away from me."

"...They want to punish her as well for carrying for the cat..." Yuki watched him before turning and sighing.

If only this damn curse would just... go away," whispered Kyou, glancing at the window still, his eyes falling closed slowly.

"...It won't just like the ones before us..." He closed his eyes as he leaned back slowly.

"I can wish though... can't I," grumbled Kyou, his eyes closed still, his hand stopping on her head, just resting there.

"...Just like anyone else cursed I'm sure your allowed to..." He kept his eyes down. "...Tomorrow will be a long day will find out how loyal Miss Honda is to the cat..."

"Yea... IF she's better by tomorrow..." he said softly, looking down at Tohru, sighing quietly. "I really messed up this time."

"By letting her stay so close to you..." He closed his eyes as he drifted off.

"Shut up rat... she is the one that stayed close... I didn't force her to do any... ah forget it," he mumbled, shifting around slightly while trying not to wake the sleeping girl. She slept silently her head resting on his lap a few tears rolling down every once on awhile. His hand resumed its gentle brushing of her hair as he sat there, watching her sleep. She slept silently until she woke earlier in the morning her eyes opening slowly. As she wakes, she would see him sleeping in a sitting position, his hand still in her hair. She blushed lightly as she leaned up slowly and carefully kissing his cheek softly. His eyes slightly opened as he felt her move, looking down at her.

She smiled at him kindly looking into his eyes as she blushed lightly. "..Morning Kyou-kun."

"Good morning Tohru..." he whispered softly, yawning very quietly as he sat there, not wanting to move too much.

"...Can we go home now...?" She spoke quietly barely above a whisper she was missing her new home she wanted to be around the others.

"Not until the doctor says you're better..." he whispered, smiling down at her softly. She nodded lightly as she rested her head back down on his lap closing her eyes halfway as she tried to wake up. Slowly he ran his hand through her hair again, yawning softly, his eyes half closed. He was tired since he didn't sleep much from sitting up, but he wouldn't want to let her know that. She pushed herself up careful not to wake Yuki who had fallen asleep against the hospital bed frame.

"Lay back down the way you should be, the doctor will be here shortly to check you out again," whispered Kyou as he slowly stood up off the bed and walked towards the door, "I'll be right back, I'm just going to the restroom.” She nodded lightly as she lay back down still careful not to wake Yuki as she closed her eyes resting quietly. After a moment, Kyou walked back in, followed closely by the doctor. In his hand he held a clipboard with her charts on it, walking over to her side and glancing at Yuki. Yuki looked up quickly hearing the footsteps on the cold floor Tohru's eyes opening slowly as she pushed herself up looking to the doctor.

"Well... everything is checking out well so far, how's her temperature," said the doctor as he walked to her and took out an ear thermometer.

"...I feel better now you don't have to." Yuki sat up slowly moving back into a chair as Tohru sat quietly on her knees looking to the doctor.

"No, before we can release you, your temperature has to be back at normal and I have to listen to your breathing," said the doctor as he walked to her, placing the thermometer next to her ear, "it won't hurt, just give me a couple of seconds." She nodded lightly as she tucked her hair behind her left ear closing her eyes slowly.

Slowly he inserted the thermometer and pushed the button, waiting for a beep before taking it back out, "Well... it's close, just rest for a little while longer and I'll come back and listen to your breathing." She nodded lightly as she laid back down on the bed slowly looking to Kyou.

Kyou, having waited for the doctor to leave, walks over and sits on the edge of the bed. She blushed lightly. "...If I keep seeing you how am I supposed to keep my temperature down." She giggled lightly trying to make him smile.

A slight chuckle escaped him, his eyes closing as he shook his head and sat on the edge of the bed. "Silly." She smiled before turning away coughing lightly not as hard as last night.

“Shhhh, you've got to get your temperature down so we can go home together," he whispered, lightly pushing her hair back out of her face.

She blushed lightly at his touch as she nodded lightly. "...I want to play and seek again Yuki-kun can join us..." She smiled as she looked up to him. "...We are family..."

Kyou’s eyes turned to Yuki as he brushed her hair back still and smiled. "Yea... I guess the damn rat can join us... this time," he spoke, teasingly instead of hatefully as he normally would.

"...You two are the only ones I feel I can trust anymore..."

"Our family... is not exactly, easily trusted I know," he said, glancing down at the girl with a very slight smile, listening still to the sound of the rain on the window.

"I'll protect you from the rain Kyou-kun..." She reached back slowly placing her hand on his gently.

Smiling a bit, he curls his hand around her's and nods. She closed her eyes slowly as she drifted off again. Smiling, he looked over towards the door as Shigure walked back in, "How's she doing this morning?"

She shivered lightly as she looked up to him. "…I feel much better Shigure-san..."

"Good!" He had his usual cheerful disposition, glancing down the hallway towards the doctor that was approaching. She sat up slowly hearing the footsteps feeling bad for resting close to Kyou when Shigure walked in.

The doctor walked in right behind Shigure, stethoscope around his neck, "How're you feeling now?"

"Much better now." She spoke smiling a bit.

"If you could just sit up straight for me," he said as he took the stealth and put it in his ears, "and take a deep breath for me when I tell you." She nodded as she moved to the edge of the bed sitting up strait as she looked forward.

Slowly the doctor reached around behind her and stuck the stealth to her back beneath the flap of her hospital gown, "Now take in a deep breath and let it out real slow." She nodded lightly as she took a deep breath letting it out slowly.

Moving his hand and the stealth to the other side, he nods his head, "Sounds good, I'll go start the discharge papers. You wait here 'til the nurse comes." She nodded lightly as she looked to Kyou smiling at him kindly. Before getting up getting her clothes to change back into.

Looking at her, he blinks slightly, "I... we'll step out while you get dressed." Slowly he walks towards the door, looking back at the other two, "That means you too Shigure."

"I can change in the bathroom I won't force you guys to leave the room." She stood weakly making her way to the bathroom.

“Alright... we'll tell the nurse if she gets here before you get back." She nodded lightly as she went down the hallway to change.

"Very end of the hall, last door on the right," he said as he leaned back against the wall, Kyo glaring at him. "The one by the bathroom?" She stepped in quietly into the restroom locking the door as she began to change.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment