Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 14 - sleep

A bond, forged by hardship, sparks a fire that would not be doused. An ageold curse, creates pain and suffering, the love shared between two boys and a girl, forbidden by fate. Completed!
A whole 50 chapters!

Chapter 14 - sleep

Chapter 14 - sleep
A quick leap sent the beast to the roof of the house, slitted eyes darting back and forth over everyone below, "Don't look at me!" The voice was deep, bellowing with hatred, and sadness. It seemed as though Kyou was nowhere to be found within it, except for the slight sound of sadness in its voice. She ignored him as she took off running toward the ladder he placed out there for her to climb up onto the roof the puddles splashed ever step she took before making her way up the ladder to the roof reaching out to him for his hand to help her.

The beast, seeing the hand pulled back slightly, one arm covering its face, "I told you not to look at me!" Kyou was struggling within, fighting the hurt he felt, not wanting to allow the evil within him to be set free.

"...Kyou-kun..." She spoke sadly as she climbed up on the roof trying her best not to slip as the rain continued to fall.

"Get away!" Again he stepped further back from her, his form lumbering in its large size.

“... You said you'd never leave me..." Her steps slowed she was soaking wet now as she knelt down beside him reaching up to his cheek.

His hands grabbed her, squeezing her arms slightly, his claws very lightly digging into her skin. "Can't you see... what I am... how could you want such a hideous thing near you..."

She started to slip her head going down as she let out a weak cry as she looked back to him sadly her grip loosening on the roof the pain in her arm. "...Your hurting me Kyou-kun..."

"Answer me!" His grip would keep her from falling from the roof, his eyes locked on her form. His master from below looking up at her as well. "You should have run girl, there was no intention of you being hurt!"

"...You told me this wasn't you... before all this...!" She was crying now all though the washed away with the rain. "... I'm sorry..." She spoke sadly she wasn't even trying to pull away from him blood started to drip.

Kyou’s hands shook as they held her arms still, "This is the inner beast... the evil within...” The master called up to the girl again, though a loud clap of thunder covered his voice.

She struggled moving closer to him. "...If you don't want me... Then kill me... Drop me if you want or at your hands... I won't run away from you..." Tears rolled down more as she looked down slowly. It seemed as though Kyou was struggling within himself, not wanting to hurt her, yet the evil itself did want to do so. "...Whatever you wish... I will forgive you..." She kept her head down, as she seemed to give up in his hand. Shaking, the beast started to draw her nearer to itself, a slight growling hiss escaping it as he struggled with himself.

She looked up to him sadly her eyes slowly closing. “... I will remember you Kyou-kun... but not like this..."

"T... To..." came the voice of the beast as its hands drew her closer still. He was shaking more as the struggle within grew more intense. She flinched in pain her head lowering once more as she let out another cry of pain blood dripping onto her thigh.

The master stood below, finding the actions of the beast to be strange and not typical for the many times he'd seen the transformation. "Tohr-r-ru..." came the voice again as the massive arms lifted the girl's body up, holding her just in front of his face.

She continued to cry as she looked to him sadly as she struggled to sit up on the roof that had already grown slick. “... You can let go... If you don't want me anymore..."

Quickly the claws drew out of her arms as his own arms pulled her against his chest. "Toh... ru... why didn't... y-you... run...?" The voice was slightly softer now, sounding more like Kyou.

"...I love you..." She spoke softly her eyes closing slowly. "... You told me that this wasn't you..."

"It.… is, and yet it isn't..." came his voice again as his form started to shrink down slowly, his skin starting to become flesh colored once more.

Tears rolled down slowly. “... Will you forgive me... for looking at you when you told me not to..."

"I didn't want you to see... what I had become... I didn't want to scare you, and make you run...,” he whispered as he held her against himself still, his body having returned to normal.

She leaned up slowly as she kissed his cheek softly. “... I would never leave you..."

"Tohru..." he spoke, but could find no further words to say as he just looked at her and smiled slightly. She smiled in return as she wrapped her arms around him. Her arms folding around him was a welcome feeling, all though he knew what it meant.

“... I’ll always protect you..." She felt his form change picking the small feline into her arms.

His form slowly curled up into a ball in her arms, his eyes closed, purring slightly as he drifted into a slight slumber. She kept him close to her form shielding him from the rain she didn't want to risk him getting hurt again, not in the state he was now she remained silent in the rain protecting him.

"I see you've tamed the beast girl... well done... It was not expected one would be able to do such a difficult task," spoke the master from the ground below, Yuki looking up as well.

She stood slowly walking down the ladder carefully making sure not to wake him before standing in front of the two men. “... Your the monsters he is no beast!" She moved away from the two hurrying into the woods.

Yuki's eyes widened as she spoke in such a tone, he couldn't figure out why she had said that to him, he hadn't had anything to do with it. "She's a lot stronger than I believed her to be… go Yuki, follow her, she needs to know that you are not to blame, it is all to rest on me, and Akito." She stumbled making her way through the brush loosening her shoes in the mud she finally stopped reaching the place she shared the secret base with Yuki she made her way into the hut laying Kyou down covering him with damp towels trying to dry him off. Even still he slept, his form curled up in a small ball, purring still. Yuki continued to run through the woods, following the trail of footsteps left behind by Tohru. She laid down weakly unable to hold her body up she pulled him close to her body scared of him freezing. His purr remained soft as he slept, the sudden sound of Yuki entering not even enough to startle him.

She looked up to him as she struggled to push herself up. “... Have you come to let him be hurt again... I won't let you take him...!"

"Miss Honda... why do you place this blame on me, I had nothing to do with this..."

"...You allowed it..." She spoke coldly toward him now as she stood weakly her arm still bleeding.

"Miss Honda, you're hurt.. please, let me help you. There was nothing I could do to stop him, no more so than you could have..."

She looked down slowly tears falling slowly. "...I can't take him back like this... I'm scared... I'm scared they'll try to hurt him..." She was more worried about Kyou then her own wounds now. "It's over Tohru... the master is gone, he left saying that he was amazed in your strength... no one will hurt him, or you... now please, let me help you."

“... Am I allowed to stay after this now..." She looked back to him. "...I don't want to leave my family..." She moved toward him holding out her arm to him.

"I don't think you have to worry about Akito too much more... after today," he whispered as he took her arm, pulling some bandages from his pocket from the other day at the hospital.

She nodded looking down to Kyou. "... He will though... I won't let Akito-san take him away from me..."

"When Kyou’s master tells Akito of today... he will not be happy, but he will realize that you are not easily broken... you're winning..." Slowly and carefully Yuki wrapped her wounds.

"...I was though... When I thought I lost Kyou-kun... when I gave him the choice to kill me or let me live... I thought he was going to slay me..."

"He couldn't... and you remained there, unafraid, ready to die... to try and get to him, you won... you're winning..." She nodded lightly as she moved away from him slowly after he finished wrapping her wound picking Kyou into her arms.

The orange cat slept silently still, Yuki looking down at him. "He will sleep for hours... the transformation is taxing to his mind, body and spirit."

She nodded lightly. "...He stayed with me during the night... now its my turn to return the favor for him."

"He will be glad," Yuki, whispered, a slightly sad tone to his voice as he walked alongside her, taking off his jacket to cover her with it since she was already so wet.

"...Yuki-kun..." She looked up to him blushing lightly Kyou was covered in the blanket to keep him from getting wet.

"Yes Miss Honda," Yuki responded, tilting his head slightly a small smile on his lips.

"...Thank you..." She kissed his cheek softly. “... I know I shouldn't, but I love you both so much you've done so much to protect me... Then tonight I lashed out at you..."

"Don't concern yourself with it Miss Honda... you were upset, and I understand that... after all... I am an accepted member of the family... so I answer to Akito..."

She nodded sadly. "...Akito-san when he spoke to us he said Kyou-kun will be put into the cage... That I would not escape my punishment..."

"All the cats throughout the years have all been placed in a cage on the family estate... but I feel Kyou will be the first to not..."

"If I can save him." She looked down to the bundle in her arms. “... If I fail him he'll be the one that'll be broken."

"I don't believe you will fail him... we've seen what you will do for him... to stare into the face of that monster, and not flinch... takes a lot of strength.

She nodded lightly holding him close to her body. "...I love you and Kyou-kun so much..."

"As do we care for you Miss Honda... you are a part of this family, one that we could not easily live without."

She blushed lightly. “... I noticed Kyou-kun doesn't fight with you as much when I'm there."

"I've noticed the same thing... it's not the same as it used to be, with you here with us."

She nodded. "I'm glad you found me Yuki-kun."

"If you hadn't come to our home that morning... we would never have been so fortunate, I'm sure."

"...I probably would have been buried under that mudslide..." She looked down slowly.

"Which would have been a great misfortune to our family... as it seems much better now... with you here."

She blushed. "I'm glad I have a big family with me, mom and my friends it was still small..."

Yuki nodded slightly as Kyou shifted in her arms, stretching out but yet still sleeping.

She smiled at him kindly. "...Will you be sleeping with me and Kyou-kun?"

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment