Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 16 - camping trip?!

A bond, forged by hardship, sparks a fire that would not be doused. An ageold curse, creates pain and suffering, the love shared between two boys and a girl, forbidden by fate. Completed!
A whole 50 chapters!

Chapter 16 - camping trip?!

Chapter 16 - camping trip?!
She carried out folded blankets in a basket to keep them warm during the night a flashlight on top. She looked up to see Kyou working on the tent alongside Yuki. Kyou returned to his normal physical state earlier in the morning, and had been hard at work setting up the tent for Tohru. He'd said it sounded like fun, and the closer to being completed the tent was, the more anxious he became. She smiled as she leaned up kissing his cheek softly. "What kind of snacks do you want me to make for are camping trip?"

"Rice balls!" Called out Kyou as he drove a stake in the ground, grinning from ear to ear.

She smirked. "I'll make them a surprise I'll fill a few with leeks and some with fish so it equals out between you two."

"Leek... yuck," said Kyou again, driving the stake down still. "Hopefully I'll be able to smell the right ones."

"...Maybe." She shrugged lightly setting the blankets down.

Yuki laughed softly, "you're always so difficult cat, there's obviously no hope for ever changing that."

"Maybe I can." She stretched out as she looked to Yuki smiling.

Kyou blushed slightly, closing his eyes as he stood up. "Shut up rat... I've changed a lot..."

She shook her head as she watched the two starting to argue. "Yuki-kun what do you want me to get for us to snack on beside rice balls."

Yuki stood slightly and smiled, "Some cake would be nice... as we haven't had anything like that in awhile." She nodded lightly as she walked near him kissing his cheek softly heading into the house. Kyou’s eyes narrowed slightly at Yuki as Tohru kissed his cheek, feeling a slight hint of jealousy well within himself. Slowly he continued to erect the tent, choosing not to say anything. She worked quietly in the kitchen starting to slice the strawberries for a cake that she had already placed in the oven. The two men worked quietly outside, neither saying a word to the other as they worked simultaneously on the tent, putting up opposite sides. She walked outside with something for them to drink to take a small break from their work.

Smiling, both men eagerly walk to her sides, taking their drinks. Both saying "thank you" simultaneously.

She giggled lightly smiling up to them. "The tent looks so good right now."

"It's almost finished," said Kyou, just before Yuki managed to say anything. "The cat is right Miss Honda, it will be ready for sleeping in well before nightfall."

The cake is cooling I'll have to go in and frost it in a bit. Do you two need me to help you with anything?"

"No," both said simultaneously yet again. "We've got it under control Tohru," said Kyou with a smile, Yuki nodding in agreeance.

She nodded lightly. "Ok let me know if you need me to do anything for either of you."

Both boys nod once more before leaning in and simultaneously kissing her cheeks. Semi-glaring at each other, they silently return to their tasks. She blushed lightly as she looked down. "I'll get the rice balls going now." She turned walking back into the house. Slowly the tent came to be finished as the two men worked together to finish the job. She hummed quietly placing fish and leeks in a few rice balls as the cake cooled near the window. Quietly the two boys walked back into the house, taking a seat at the table, across from each other. She looked in quietly watching them before she began to frost the cake adding strawberries. Neither spoke, just sitting there watching each other in silence. It seemed as though they were staring each other down, if someone didn't know better.

She walked in placing the leftovers in front of the two smiling. "Eat up..."

Smiling up at her, both boys started to eat slowly. "Are you going to join us Miss Honda?"

"I've been snacking while cooking so I'm fine." She continued to smile. Nodding lightly, both went back to eating, smiles on their faces. She sat back slowly her arms behind her bracing her as she looked to the ceiling.

"When should we go out to the tent, Miss Honda?"

"We can go when you finish eating if you like or we can go later on."

Both nod slightly, Kyou speaking up before Yuki. "We should wait 'til it gets closer to dark."

She nodded lightly. "I'll start dinner then." She stood slowly. "What do you want me to make for you two?"

"Whatever you want would be fine with us," spoke Yuki, getting the word in before Kyou. The two were competing. She watched the two before nodding heading back into the kitchen.

Once Tohru’d left the room, the two boys locked eyes. "What is this all about you damn rat?"

"What hell are you talking about you stupid cat!" He watched him carefully now.

"You know what I'm talking about... you're trying to get her to like you more..."

His eyes widened. "She likes us both the same, but I guess she needs someone more sensitive unlike an unruly cat."

Growling, Kyou stood up quickly, "I'll show you unruly!"

"Sit down I don't want Miss Honda playing doctor for you again."

"You think you're so smart... damn rat, I'll show you..." Tohru walked in stopping hearing Kyou. She held a tray of warm chicken noodle soup. Kyou froze at the sound of Tohru walking in, slowly taking a seat once more. She set the tray down slowly handing both of them their bowls before sitting down beside both of them. Quietly they took their bowls, setting them in front of themselves. Neither said a word, not wanting to argue in front of her.

"I guess I do change you guys." She giggled softly as she began to eat. Both nodded slightly as they started to eat the noodles that she'd brought to them, their eyes closed. She watched the two carefully before looking down eating quietly. Slowly they all ate, neither boy saying a word as they sipped down the warm noodles and juices.

“... I thought this would be ok before we went outside." She looked down blushing lightly as she finished.

"It's wonderful, thank you," said Kyou, surprising Yuki with the words he'd spoken in kindness.

Yuki watched him before finishing standing slowly as he leaned over kissing her cheek as he took her bowl. "I'll clean up for you Miss Honda."

Quietly Kyou mumbled, "suck up," before standing and moving to the door. "I'll be in the tent..."

Tohru watched Kyou leave as Yuki walked into the kitchen starting to clean up for her. She stood walking outside following him. "Wait up Kyou-kun."

Stopping, Kyou looked back at the girl with a smile. "Yes?"

She smiled taking his hand. "I need to lay out the blankets for us to sleep on."

"I'll help you with that..." he whispered as he blushed slightly, holding her hand in his own. She smiled kindly grabbing the blankets heading into the tent. Slowly he followed her in, taking a couple of blankets as well. She placed a thin sheet on the grass as she placed thicker blankets on top. Smiling a bit, he helps her to straighten out the blankets and lay them out smoothly.

Yuki walked in with the rice balls and cake that he had already cut. "I brought the food for you Miss Honda." Looking up at Yuki, Kyou made a slightly disgusted face, feeling like Yuki was being a suck up to try to win points.

She looked to Kyou her head tilting to the side. "You can smell the leeks from there?"

"I smell leek, yea...,” he whispered, finding it to be a good cover-up for his expression. Yuki set everything down by the entrance Tohru giggling hearing his reply before sitting back on the blankets. Slowly Kyou took a seat beside Tohru, leaning back on his hands slightly.

"What do you two want to do?" She looked to Kyou then over to Yuki.

"I've never been camping except when training," spoke Kyou softly, looking down a bit, "so I really don't know what to do on a camping trip like this one."

"..I haven’t either beside the ones with my mom when I was little..." She looked down sadly.

'Uh... what about a game?" Kyou asked, trying to keep Tohru's mind off her mother and the past, not wanting to see her sad.

She looked up to him curiously so did Yuki. "What kind of game Kyou-kun?" Kyou looked to Yuki for help with this, knowing that Yuki would want to keep her smiling.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment