Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 24 - Not living

A bond, forged by hardship, sparks a fire that would not be doused. An ageold curse, creates pain and suffering, the love shared between two boys and a girl, forbidden by fate. Completed!
A whole 50 chapters!

Chapter 24 - Not living

Chapter 24 - Not living
Quietly the other two men walked towards the house, Yuki glancing back at the cat as he disappeared in the distance, his head hanging low, and his spirit broken.

"I really did think it would stop at this generation..." Shigure kept his head low. "Kyou-kun is going to be irritable especially with Miss Honda’s friends."

"Kyou is always irritable, with everyone... it won't seem any different to them. The only one that will notice a difference will be Tohru... and us. He's obviously broken... For him to admit defeat is for him to lose his spirit."

“... Miss Honda will never be the same... It might be best if neither of you talk to her or go near her."

"Hatori will most likely have to erase her memory... in order to save her sanity... I would rather her be able to lead a normal, happy life... than to stay with us at the expense of her happiness."

Shigure nodded sighing. "...I should have never invited her into our home... We should have erased her memories from the start is more fault then yours or Kyou-kun's."

"No... Inviting her in was the right thing to do... if we hadn't, she might well had lost her life, and we would be to blame for erasing her memories and turning her away..."

He looked down as he nodded. "...We better make the best of the time we have then I'll ask Miss Honda's friends to leave, but Hatori-san would have to erase their memories as well..."

Yuki could do nothing more than nod, his sadness overcoming him. He didn't want to lose her, but there was nothing he could do, so he felt.

“... They’ll return home... Then tell Miss Honda what will happen... will invite the two back and erase their memories."

"That's the best way to do it... because, we don't want them here when she breaks, or they'll try to take her away before we can act..."

He nodded sadly. "...Till then we say nothing."

Nodding softly, Yuki looked down and away, frowning. "Those cursed are not meant to be happy... we were just deluding ourselves..."

“... This was Kyou-kun’s last chance of being happy... He won't have any other chances like us and the others..."

"It's not meant for the cat to be happy... oddly, I feel sorry for him... but, I don't believe I should worry too much, I myself won't be able to remain happy for long... either." He nodded lightly as he stepped into the house sitting down in his usual spot. Yuki followed him in, taking a seat across the table from Shigure, his head hung low. It seemed everyone would be depressed this night, everyone but Tohru, who would be sleeping in blissful ignorance.

She woke during the night her stomach growling from lack of a dinner. She wiggled free of the two girls that slept silently. She opened the door across from her room soon noticing Kyou wasn't inside yet. She made her way down the steps into the dining room stopping seeing the two men she new Shigure had a weird sleep schedule, but it was different for Yuki to be up like this. "Yuki-kun is something wrong are you sick?" She moved over to them slowly.

"I-I just couldn't sleep... so Shigure was keeping me company. My stomach is hurting just a bit, I'll be fine though Miss Honda, please... don't worry about me right now, you need your rest..."

"I'm fine I just need a little food I never really got any dinner. Do you want anything while I'm in the kitchen."

"No... I don't feel like eating at the moment... thank you though," he whispered, keeping his eyes on the table, not being able to look at her at this moment. She nodded lightly as she walked into the kitchen starting to warm some of the rice.

Slowly he leaned forward, placing his head on the table, "Shigure... why does this always happen to us? Why do we have to endure the curse, why can't it be someone else..."

He shook his head. "...I have no idea." Tohru walked out smiling as she sat by Yuki slowly with medicine. "Open up I don't want you catching a cold." She had poured some of the liquid out onto the spoon.

Blinking slightly, he started to open his mouth and say "I'm not sick," but quickly remembered what he'd said. Closing his eyes, he slowly turned his head and opened his mouth.

She placed the medicine in his mouth before removing the spoon. "I'll make you take some after breakfast just in case." She smiled at him kindly kissing his cheek softly as she stood going back into the kitchen to finish making her dish.

Nodding slightly, he forced a slight smile, holding the medicine in his mouth. Watching her walk back into the kitchen, he quickly got up and walked to the door, spitting it outside. "How can anyone take that stuff..?"

Shigure giggled. "She puts up with it with a strong smile all the time."

"It's... disgusting, I've never tasted anything so horrible in my life. It's even worse than your cooking," he said as he sat back down at the table, wiping off his mouth. She walked out of the kitchen sitting down beside Yuki with her bowl starting to eat quietly.

Yuki glanced over at her for a split second before looking down at the table again and sighing slightly. "I'm going to go out and try to get some fresh air to see if it'll make me feel better... excuse me, Miss Honda?"

She nodded lightly. "You don't need to ask me Yuki-kun it is your house." She giggled softly.

Nodding slightly, he gave her a half-smile as he slowly stood and turned to walk outside.

"Where's Kyou-kun I didn't see him in his room when I came down."

"He said he had a lot on his mind, and he wanted to go somewhere quiet to think. I think he's nervous is all, he'll be back by morning when his stomach starts growling," Shigure said, giving her the best smile he could muster despite his sadness at her impending fate.

She nodded lightly smiling in return. "I can wait a few more hours for him I don't mind I got to cook up his fish."

"I'm sure he'll like that very much," Shigure said as he twiddled his thumbs slightly and looked down at his hands.

She tilted her head looking to the two. "...Did I do something wrong I haven’t told them anything I promise."

Yuki didn't hear her, his eyes turned up towards the moon in the sky. Shigure, smiling cheerfully on the outside waved his hand, "No, of course not, it's just so boring tonight that I was trying to think of something to do."

"We can play rich man poor man until Kyou-kun gets back and while the fish cooks."

"You should finish your sleep though once you finish eating. I'll go work on my novel, after you are tucked away in bed once more of course, I wouldn't want to leave you without any company."

She nodded lightly. "Ok I will." She smiled as she finished her meal. He too held his smile forcefully, watching as she ate the rice that she hadn't had time to eat earlier in the day. All the while, he thought of the day he encountered her for the first time, when she saw the wooden box with the zodiac twelve. She stood slowly picking up her bowl. "Is there anything you want me to do before I go to bed?"

"No, we're fine. I'll take care of Yuki until he is able to sleep while I work on my novel, you should rest with your friends so they don't wake up worried about you."

She nodded lightly as she went into the kitchen putting her bowl in the sink she walked out smiling a bit. "I hope Kyou-kun likes this fish its different then any other fish I cooked up."

"Kyou will love anything you make for him, I assure you Tohru. He loves your cooking far more than he does mine, I'm afraid." Softly he laughed in a nervous way because he'd just called his own cooking bad.

She giggled softly. "As long as I'm here you don't have to worry about cooking or cleaning." She smiled kindly at him before heading upstairs.

Yea... as long as you are here, he thought to himself as Yuki slowly walked back into the house and took a seat across from him. "I can't sleep tonight Shigure...” Yuki's eyes were filled with sadness, as he looked into those of Shigure, who replied with, "I doubt any of us will." She moved back into her bed between the two girls falling back to sleep.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment