Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 26 - failing each other

A bond, forged by hardship, sparks a fire that would not be doused. An ageold curse, creates pain and suffering, the love shared between two boys and a girl, forbidden by fate. Completed!
A whole 50 chapters!

Chapter 26 - failing each other

Chapter 26 - failing each other
"Tohru... you didn't fail me. I wasn't aware of this, and thus... I failed you, by not giving you what you wanted. We knew... that this would break you... and, that's why, we called Hatori... we don't want you to suffer..."

“... I’m not suffering because of that I'm suffering because you want to take my memories of you away from me..." She looked down sadly. "I don't care anymore if you don't have faith in me then I'll have them erased... You can remember if you want, but I don't want you to." She stood slowly. "I wasn't good enough for you."

Quickly he reached up and grabbed her hand, pulling himself to his feet and pressing his lips to her's shakily. "Tohru... I do have faith in you... and you're too good for me... I don't deserve the kindness you've shown me, after the way I've treated you... and yet you still do..."

She looked up to him sadly. "...Kyou-kun... That's love... I love you enough even if I can't bare you a child I'll stand by your side along with Yuki-kun..., but if you don't want me to then get rid of my memories... Your only letting Akito-san win..." She kept her eyes from him now.

"I don't want to have your memories erased... you have to believe me, I promised I wouldn't let that happen... I just, couldn't bare to watch you suffer... knowing you wouldn't be able to have my child..."

"...A child doesn't mean the commitment... Staying with the one you love no matter what happens..." She placed her head on his shoulder gently. "...Relationships are filled with hardships... not being able to have a child with you is one of them..."

"Tohru..." he whispered softly, before another voice came out of the back door of the house. "Miss Honda... Hatori wishes to know if you're ready now..."

“... Kyou-kun its up to you... are you going to let Akito-san win...?" She closed her eyes closed. “... I’ll still love you no matter what you choose."

His head slowly turned towards Yuki who stood at the back door, one hand waving for Yuki to come and join them outside. "It's not up to only me..."

She looked up slowly to Yuki. "...What do you want to happen Yuki-kun... Are you going to let Akito-san win."

Both looked at each other, their eyes sad as they looked back at her. "No…. we won't," said Kyou first, followed by Yuki.

She smiled faintly. "I love you to so much." She leaned in slowly kissing them both on the cheek. "...I know things will be harder because of the curse, but we are still a family..."

Both boys took one hand each of her's and nodded in agreement to her words, looking towards the house. "Well... at least Hatori didn't come for no reason... my hand is still broken..."

"He's also got to make sure my stitches aren’t coming out." She held their hands walking inside Hatori grabbing hold of her wrist jerking her hard enough to her knees.

"Let her go Hatori," both boys' yelled out simultaneously, Kyou forcing himself between Tohru and Hatori. "She doesn't want her memories taken... and for now, she doesn't seem broken, thus, that service is no longer required... all that's left is for you to check her stitches and fix my hand..."

He nodded lightly as he stood. "I'll treat your hand first though it’s more serious then a check up." Nodding softly, Kyou lifted his right hand, which was severely swollen and unable to be unfolded from the fist that he'd had it in when he slammed it against the tree. Tohru looked at him sadly as Yuki took her into the living room to give them space. Shigure pulled out a syringe from his bag placing it into his hand to numb the pain.

Wincing slightly, Kyou gritted his teeth and watched Hatori. "I busted it up pretty good, didn't I... Guess that's what happens when I can't control the anger that flows inside me..."

"...Hopefully you won't take it out on Miss Honda." He unfolded the boy's hand carefully examining the hand. "You won't be able to fight for a good period of time that's for sure."

"I could never hit her..." he spoke through gritted teeth. The numbing medicine had helped a bit, but it still hurt like hell.

"I know, but you tend to lose your temper so easily." He cleaned the cut carefully with peroxide.

"But never towards her... I'd rather break both my hands than ever hit her..."

He nodded lightly. "I was making sure." He stitched the wound carefully that was across his knuckles. "Akito-san will be more furious about this."

"About what," Kyou asked, his hand trembling slightly as it was stitched. "You didn't tell him why you came here, did you?"

"I couldn't lie to him, but I said nothing about your plans to have a child I would not give him that satisfaction." He finished sewing the wound. "...Miss Honda though even though she is putting on a brave face... understand that she is still heartbroken about the events today."

"You think I don't know that... I've never been so heartbroken in my life, and I've been trained to be strong no matter what... I can only imagine what she's going through..."

He nodded lightly as he stood slowly. "I'll check her wounds then leave."

"Hatori... don't tell him that she still has her memories, just pretend you took them for as long as you can. We will protect her all that we can..." He nodded lightly as he walked into the living room Yuki sitting silently Tohru resting her head on his lap as he ran his hand threw her hair careful of the wound. He was trying to comfort her now as she slept silently.

"Yea... she's brave, far braver than I could ever be, putting on a smile, even though it hurts so bad..."

"She'll be fine just make sure she doesn't try to pull them out. She'll be able to have children, but not with Kyou-kun... This might be a chance as well to trick Akito-san into believing its Kyou's child." He petted Tohru's head softly as he stood looking to the rat then the cat.

Slowly Kyou nodded as he looked down. "Pretend that Yuki's child is mine..? It'll be strange, but if it saves her..."

"It'll save you as well." He looked away from the two walking to the door. Slowly Kyou nodded once more before standing and walking outside to sit under a tree alone for a while. He left them quickly returning to Akito's side Tohru resting quietly beside Yuki.

Kyou’s head was down as he looked at his hand, sighing quietly. I've really let her down, yet she still smiles... How can she deal with this... when even I can't...’ She woke later on stepping outside she had changed into something warmer she slowly mad her way to Kyou kneeling down kissing his cheek softly.

Slowly his eyes opened, a slight blush appearing on his cheeks. In all his thought and sadness, he'd fallen asleep without realizing it until she kissed him and woke him up. "You should come inside its a lit warmer I don't want you to catch a cold..." she placed her hand on his cheek softly blushing. Slowly he nodded and used his left hand against the tree to push himself up, having very little use of his right hand at the moment.

She helped him carefully. "I can do some of your chores for a little bit till your hand gets better." She giggled softly. "I'll fight Yuki-kun." She was trying to be playful with him now trying to get his spirits up.

A slight smile spread over his lips as he shook his head, "No... I can't have you getting beat for me. I'll just have to wait to do that again."

She nodded lightly. "You do know to get better you have to eat leeks." She stuck her tongue out at him.

"Leeks? I think I'd rather get beat everyday until I don't feel it anymore...” Softly he laughed, dropping his left hand down and grasping her right with it.

She blushed lightly. "I'll mix it with fish so you won't taste it." She leaned up kissing him softly.

Slowly he turned to face her and pulled on her hand so that she faced him, looking down into her eyes. "The only way I'll ever not complain about the taste of leek, is if it were right here…" he whispered as he kissed her squarely on the lips for but a brief moment before pulling away and taking off into the forest. "Bet you can't find me!"

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment