Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 27 - I can't stand leeks!

A bond, forged by hardship, sparks a fire that would not be doused. An ageold curse, creates pain and suffering, the love shared between two boys and a girl, forbidden by fate. Completed!
A whole 50 chapters!

Chapter 27 - I can't stand leeks!

Chapter 27 - I can't stand leeks!
She lay quietly on the soft grass small daisy flowers peeked through some of the tall strands some tinted with red while others were plain white she opened her eyes slowly looking to the stream she had been listening to for the past hour. Kyou’s arms were folded behind his head, his eyes closed, head turned towards Tohru. She'd found him with relative ease after he'd found a hiding spot near the stream, and now, they were just spending some alone time, listening to the rushing waters. She moved over slowly resting her head softly on his chest closing her eyes halfway placing one of her hands in his. His hand lightly closed around her's as she laid her head on his chest, his eyes remaining closed fully. "I can't believe how easily you found me..."

"...Its funny, but every time you run and hide near water..., but you hate water..." She giggled softly.

Well... if I hate something, then why would I go near it? Reverse psychology, right? Hide near what I hate, in hopes that you won't think to look there..?"

"Maybe..." She spoke softly as she looked back to him. "I still caught you..."

"Yea... you did. So, what do you wish to take as your prize?" A smile graced his lips as he slowly opened his eyes to look into her's.

She blushed lightly looking down. “... A kiss since you can't give me what I want..." Nodding softly, he slowly leaned his head up and pressed a light kiss to her lips, his eyes closing once more. She closed her eyes slowly kissing him back in return keeping her hands down so she wouldn't hug him.

Slowly he drew his lips from her's with a slight sigh, his eyes opening ever so slightly. "How was that for a prize...?"

"It was great." She smiled kissing his cheek softly. "I love you Kyou-kun... I only wish that we could try to have a child together..."

"I know Tohru... but I can't risk your life... I couldn't live with myself if the warnings I was given came to be reality..."

She nodded lightly. "...If I had a little girl... no one would be able to cradle her or hold her..."

His head nodded softly as he looked away just a bit, "I wouldn't know what to do... I couldn't do it on my own, and I wouldn't be able to return to Yuki and Shigure, because they would never forgive me for not heeding the warnings."

She rested her head back down on his chest closing her eyes. “... Are you going to go with Hatori-san's plan..."

"It's the only way I can stay with you... right? So... if I must, then I will do so..."

She nodded lightly. "...Then I will for you..." She reached over placing her hand on his cheek softly.

Slowly he closed his eyes to her touch and let out a soft sigh of happiness, one arm resting beneath her. "I wish I could hold you right now..."

"...As do I Kyou-kun I wish to know your touch..." She slowly leaned down kissing his cheek. "...Are you mad though... about me going to have a child with Yuki-kun..."

"I hate him as much as I always have... but you love him as much as you do me and there is nothing I can do to come between you and him...” His voice was a whisper, his form having become so relaxed that he didn't even realize his eyes were getting heavy.

"...It no longer feels even though if I have a child with him…even if we say its our child you'll always be uneven." She closed her eyes slowly.

My equalizer is your life... it's worth more to me than a child that could cost you it..."

She closed her eyes nodding lightly. "...I can still give you the thing I can only give once... If we take precaution."

A blush graced his cheeks as he laid his head back. "It's not enough... unless I can for sure, one hundred percent protect you... I won't risk it..."

"But if you where one of those things like in health class we won't have to worry..." She kept her eyes closed as she rested against him.

He blushed even more and bit his lip, "They aren't one hundred percent full proof... they can break..."

"Yeah, but knowing you now you'd probably wear two." She opened her eyes slowly looking up to him.

A slight chuckle escaped him, his head tilting back a bit. "I... just don't know Tohru... I'm scared... and for me to admit that... you know it's true..."

She nodded lightly. "...Kyou-kun it'll be ok... its only one time..." She kissed his cheek softly.

He blushed still, tilting his head a bit, "I... I just don't know... what if it breaks, and I mess up... I won't be able to stop it, and you'll be at risk..."

"...Kyou-kun just remember what Shigure-san said... Case surea surea... What ever will be will be..."

"That's all fine and well... when your life isn't in the balance," he said softly, looking down into her eyes with a slight hint of sadness.

She looked away nodding sadly. “... I only wanted to make you happy Kyou-kun..."

"I am happy Tohru... more than I could ever have hoped to be.. you don't have to do anything special for me to make me feel that way..."

She nodded lightly closing her eyes. “... Do you want to know when Yuki-kun and I try or do you want it to be a secret...?"

"I don't mind either way... it's a private act, I wouldn't want to make you feel uncomfortable with revealing it to me."

She nodded lightly. "…Then I won't let you know anything until I am certain that I am with child..."

His head nodded softly as he closed his eyes again and held her hand in his, since that was as close as they could get. She kept her eyes closed as she rested quietly beside him. Slowly he drifted off to sleep, his hand holding her's as they lay beneath the setting sun, the soft sound of a flowing spring running past them. She stayed as close as she could to his sleeping form. "I thought I might find you two out here." Blinking a bit, Kyou slowly opened his eyes and looked towards the sound of the voice. The sun had gone down fully by now, so he couldn't exactly tell who's face was there.

She smiled a bit as she looked back. "Yuki-kun, Kyou-kun and I have been playing in the woods." Yuki slowly moved over to where she had sat up he knelt down slowly kissing her softly on the cheek.

Slowly Kyou pushed himself up into a sitting position, yawning as he stretched his arms out towards the sky. "We've been out here forever now..."

"Shigure-san and I noticed we started to get a little worried about Miss Honda." He looked back to the cat slowly.

"I didn't do anything, I couldn't do anything... we just played a little hide and seek... like I promised her."

He nodded lightly. "I tried though to offer, but he wouldn't hear of it even with protection mentioned."

Yuki chuckled a bit and smiled, "It's for the best Miss Honda, he's afraid he could lose you if something went wrong, and he'd blame himself."

She nodded sadly. "...It must be hard though…." She looked to Kyou sadly. "...To not be able to hold your love in your arms... To not be able to have a child... I can't imagine your pain Kyou-kun..."

"I'm in no pain Tohru... as long as I get to be with you, I'm ok..."

She nodded slowly. "I should probably get going to the house to start dinner."

"I'll be there in a moment..." Kyou said as he slowly stood and turned to look towards the stream.

Yuki stood helping Tohru to her feet. "Don't try anything stupid you damn cat." He took Tohru's hand leading her back to the house.

"What do you take me for you damn rat?" Growling, Kyou slowly walks down towards the stream and kneels down, looking into the water to see his own reflection. Tohru looked back slowly watching him as Yuki continued to take her back to the house.

Slowly he picked up small stones and skipped them across the water, watching fish turn at the surface. It was a quiet, peaceful thing, that left a smile on his lips. "She doesn't seem to realize that.. no matter what, I'm happy with her." She worked quietly in the kitchen smiling a bit Yuki helping her as much as he could slicing some of the vegetables for the stew.

After about twenty minutes, the door opened, Kyou walking in with a rope in one hand, several fresh fish dangling from it. "I couldn't help myself... they were mocking me."

She looked outside the kitchen door hearing his voice soon looking like she was about to cry. "...Your not going to make me kill them are you..."

"I'll do that part... as long as you cook them up real nice for me one day soon...” Smiling, he walked back out the door and around the back of the house to get ready to clean the fish.

She nodded lightly to him as she went back into the kitchen. "Do you think he'll notice if I put a little leeks in the stew?"

Yuki slightly laughed, it almost sounding like a giggle, "That cat can taste a leek from a mile away, or so he seems to feel."

She nodded lightly. "I'll pour some stew into a separate pan so you two can enjoy your leeks." She smiled leaning over reaching under getting a small pan.

"Thank you Miss Honda," Yuki whispered, the loud sound of a chop coming from outside where Kyou was cleaning the fresh fish so they would be prepared to cook.

She flinched hearing him. "...Poor fish their at the hands of a hungry tabby cat." She giggled lightly as she poured the stew into the smaller pan.

Yuki eyed the door; "I can ask him to stop if you don't want him doing it so close to the house Miss Honda."

She shook her head slowly. "It just startled me at first that's all." She poured the leeks into the bigger pan as she went into the fridge pulling out some wrapped fish for Kyou's stew.

Yuki nodded slightly in response to her decision just as yet another chop came from outside. "He must be using force to remove the heads quickly so the fish don't suffer..."

"...Yeah or he is pretending its Akito-san..." She stirred the two stews quietly.

"That too is a distinct possibility with Kyou," said Yuki as yet another loud chop came from outside, soon followed by a "Take that you bastard!"

She looked down slowly. "...Can you get the bowls out and place them on the table its almost done."

Yuki nodded in compliance as he moved to get the dishes she'd requested, completely ignoring the other boy outside. "Yuki-kun when do you want to try to have the baby?" She almost didn't feel as shy asking him about the plan now.

Yuki blushed deeply, nearly dropping the dishes in his hand, "M-Miss Tohru... I-I haven't r-really given it a th-thought yet..."

"...I'm sorry..." She spoke barely above a whisper as she looked up to him blushing now as she heard him stutter.

Slowly he put the bowls on the countertop, nearly dropping them from his own nervousness combined with another loud chop as Kyou began on the next fish.

"...We don't have to if you don't want to Yuki-kun I don't want to force you into anything you don't want."

"I-It's not that I don't want... I mean... I..." he stumbled over his own words, being completely lost in the confusion that swept over him. What he truly meant was that he wanted to, but he just wasn't expecting that question so soon after the incident with Kyou.

She walked over to him petting his cheek softly taking the bowls. "I'll pour us some stew why don't you go and sit down."

Nodding softly he slowly walked into the dining room, taking a seat, still flustered, his cheeks a deep crimson color. In the other door came Kyou with several now cleaned fish placed in plastic bags that he stuck in the freezer. She looked back to him smiling as she carefully poured the stew into four bowls making sure Kyou's was far from the one's that held the leeks. "There, that should be plenty of fish for tomorrow and the day after. It'll be fresh, so it'll be much better than that stuff we get at the stores... not that I'm complaining, really."

"Its ok Kyou-kun." She moved over slowly handing him his bowl. "I'm scared of it getting mixed in the bowls that have leeks." She kissed his cheek softly.

Nodding softly he took the bowl and smiled, "Thanks for keeping mine separate Tohru... I can't stand leeks," he said as he slowly walked out towards the dining room. She gathered the three bowls heading into the dining room carefully setting the bowls in front of the others as she took her seat beside Kyou.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment