Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 32 - remembering

A bond, forged by hardship, sparks a fire that would not be doused. An ageold curse, creates pain and suffering, the love shared between two boys and a girl, forbidden by fate. Completed!
A whole 50 chapters!

Chapter 32 - remembering

Chapter 32 - remembering
She looked up to him sadly. "...Kyou-kun..." She spoke barely above a whisper as Yuki pulled her from the room sliding the door shut.

His eyes half-closed at the sound of his name, mouthing the words, "I'm sorry," as the door closed. Quickly he turned his attention back to Akito, his hand grasping the beads once more, "That's it... she remembers me now, and though I don't know if I'll see her again or not... that's all I needed to know before I kill you."

"...She'll die a lonely death because of you." He stood slowly smirking.

"She's not alone... she has Yuki and Shigure... They've always been a lot nicer to her than I am... But I don't need to worry... you're out of shape Akito... you can't beat me and you know it... Especially not like this," he spoke as he ripped the beads from his wrist and threw them across the room.

She sat silent in the corner of the dinning room her head resting on her knees she wouldn't let either Shigure or Yuki come near her now. She stood slowly trying to ignore Yuki now tried to coax her to snap out of it. She slowly moved to the edge of the porch out of their sight as she waited for her love to return her face was pale she could no longer cry any more. '...Kyou-kun please come home... Please come home...' She was in pain now fighting with herself how could she do that to him after all he had done for her how could she forget him now.

In the distance was a small object, moving very slowly and seeming to stagger side to side. It wasn't clear what it was, until the orange came into view. Amongst the orange fur were dark patches of crimson, the beads that normally rested around the wrist of Kyou in its mouth. It was Kyou, he'd obviously won, but it showed that he was in a lot of pain, and growing weaker by the moment. Slowly, he approached the house, looking up to see Tohru, "I-I'm... home..." came a tiny, strained voice before the cat climbed up the steps, collapsing beside Tohru, unconscious.

She took him into her arms quickly trying her best to keep from hurting him anymore as she stood picking the bracelet off the ground as she hurried into the house tears once more staining her face. "...I don't know what to do..." She laid him carefully on the kitchen table pulling the first aid box out from the cupboard.

Yuki and Shigure came running into the kitchen from the dining room when they heard her distressed voice and saw her panicky looking around the room. "What is it Miss Honda," came Yuki's voice as he started to approach her, not seeing the cat.

"...He's hurt Yuki-kun... I don't know what to do..." She was trying her best now as she wetted a towel to try to clean his wounds.

"Who's hurt, what are you talking about," he asked, before finally spotting the orange tail sticking out from behind her. "He made it home all on his own... as a cat? Didn't think he would even make it out alive... let alone home..."

She looked away from Yuki sadly she was starting to break now in front of him. "...Its all my fault he's like this... If I was stronger if I could have fought... If he dies its all my fault..." She placed her head on Kyou's body.

"Quit talking about me dieing and get me off this table..." came an exhausted voice, one filled with the sound of pain, though he tried his hardest to fight it. "No one died, or is going to die, today..."

She slowly moved away from him keeping her head down as she wrapped her arms around his fragile form holding him against her chest. "...Kyou-kun..."

"Ouch... not so tight... I'm small, remember," he said, his voice, though filled with pain tried to hold some humor and sarcasticness. "I'll be alright, I just need to rest..."

"...I love you..." She spoke sadly as she carried him upstairs heading toward his room her body shaking lightly.

His form shifted against her's and tried to nuzzle closer to her, "What's there to be sad about... I'm home aren't I." He mumbled against her as she took him to his room, a light purr escaping him, followed by what would best be described as a cough.

"...You risked everything for me... and I forgot you..." She walked into the room laying him down in his bed kneeling down slowly she wore his bracelet now scared of losing it as she closed her eyes resting her head on the bed as she petted him softly.

"Stop worrying about that... I knew somewhere inside you'd remember... I only did what I did... to protect you, and hoped that you would never forget me completely...” A slight smile spread over the cat face as he laid on his side, purring very lightly from her petting. His energy would be slow to recover at this point, as he'd over-exerted himself in his fight with Akito. "I was about to finish him... when I transformed... so he lived... but I warned him, to stay away, or I would finish what I started..."

She nodded lightly as she leaned over kissing his cheek softly. "...Thank you Kyou-kun for protecting my honor again..." She stayed close to him covering him with the bed sheet to keep him warm. “... I’ll take care of you now until your well..."

His head nodded ever so slightly beneath her as he curled up into a small ball and purred, his eyes slowly falling closed. "No one takes the one I love from me... and gets away without some pain...” With those words, he once more slipped into a state of unconsciousness, this time however, only sleeping.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment