Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 37 - wicked fan girls!

A bond, forged by hardship, sparks a fire that would not be doused. An ageold curse, creates pain and suffering, the love shared between two boys and a girl, forbidden by fate. Completed!
A whole 50 chapters!

Chapter 37 - wicked fan girls!

Chapter 37 - wicked fan girls!
She looked to him sadly before walking over to where she had placed her book bag dumping out the small notes. "... Its not just one Kyou-kun..." She spoke sadly as Yuki stood by her door watching her.

Kyou glanced back, seeing the notes pour out. "It's gotta be those damn fans of Yuki's... they're the only people I could think of that would stoop so low...” He all but hissed, his hair standing on end.

"...Kyou-kun it's only a few more weeks..." She walked back over to him kissing his cheek softly. "...It doesn't hurt as bad as it seems..." She was trying to smile for him now.

"Hurt or not, it doesn't matter. They don't have a right to say those things about you just because you are carrying the child of someone you love...” He was clenching the wall with one hand, frustration in his eyes.

She looked down sadly as she laid back down on her bed ignoring him now. Yuki walked in quietly as he sat on her bed. "Miss Honda I have something for you... I was waiting till graduation, but I think you need it right now..." He slowly placed a picture frame on her lap of her mother when she was younger. "Since I'm on the council I was able to get in and find it for you."

Kyou’s eyes slowly fell as he watched Yuki try to comfort her by taking her mind off of the subject. He was always so good at making her smile and feel better, where as Kyo, Kyou’s anger only ever led to more sadness. Slowly he turned and walked down the stairs towards the door to go outside again.

She blushed lightly at what Yuki had done for her kissing his cheek softly. "Thank you Yuki-kun..." He nodded lightly patting her head. "Try not to think about any trouble they give you for right now..."

Quietly, down the steps, Kyou made his way out onto the porch. A stressed sigh escaped his parted lips as he flopped down on the steps, sitting there with his head in his hands.

Yuki came down the steps standing beside the cat looking out. "...She's asleep now cat."

"I guess I'll fix dinner then..." he spoke in a defeated tone, his elbows resting on his knees, head still in his hands, looking out into the sky.

"...If we try anything to make them stop they will come after her more and harder I don't want to risk her breaking.”

"I don't want to just sit by and watch them do this to her... I can't just sit back and watch them do this to her... It's driving me crazy to see her like that..."

Yuki shook his head sadly. "I want to stop them to, but ...Kyou-kun she's going to suffer more why can't you understand that."

"Probably because I've never been good at understanding..." he spoke softly as he slowly stood and turned towards the house. "What do you want for dinner..."

He blinked looking at the cat a bit startled. "Just make something that will be easy on her stomach."

"Gotcha... fish and rice it is," he said quietly still, his spirit seeming broken. He truly felt deep within like he'd been defeated, like he'd lost the fight to defend her. Yuki nodded lightly as he went back upstairs he had no touch to cooking like Tohru or Kyou he just wanted to stay by her and try to comfort her while Kyou started dinner.

Slowly Kyou walked into the kitchen and took down the fish he'd caught and cleaned a few days before. They were perfect for cooking, and needed to be cooked before they spoiled. "Guess this will do..." She lay quietly on her bed Yuki petting her softly putting a few strands behind her ear as she hummed softly. The sounds from the kitchen were quiet. Kyou made little sound while he was cooking, not bothering to talk to himself or anything. It was almost too quiet, the way he acted showing his distress. She walked down the steps after talking Yuki into letting her up she slowly made her way into the kitchen standing in the doorway. Kyou’s hair was slightly droopy, hanging down over his crimson eyes as he stirred the boiling rice and flipped the frying fish. He never even noticed her in the doorway, too focused on the task at hand.

"...Do you regret meeting me now Kyou-kun..." She spoke barely above a whisper as she kept her eyes down to her feet.

"What would make you think that..." he said softly as he continued to watch the food, keeping it stirred and flipped so that it cooked evenly and just the way he liked it.

"...It seems like I cause you nothing, but pain since I became pregnant." She leaned back against the door now her eyes low as she listened to the fish cook and sizzle.

"It's not you that makes me feel this way... it's others that do it... I've never been good at letting things slide... I guess it's just hard for me to accept that you don't want revenge on these people."

"...They'll get what they deserve later." She spoke sadly. "At least I am loved by two guys who would protect me and the child on the way..." She blushed lightly thinking of the child.

His head nodded softly as he looked down into the rice still. "It's all I want to do... protect you from those people, but they just don't stop... I feel like I've lost time and time again..."

"You won my heart isn't that enough Kyou-kun...?" She spoke softly looking up to him.

"It should be, but I just keep feeling like I'm not doing all I can for you... I just feel like I'm being defeated by those I swore to protect you from." She walked over to him slowly leaning up kissing him softly on the lips. A slight blush spread over his cheeks as he was kissed. Almost dropping the spoon he was stirring the rice with.

She broke the kiss softly blushing. "...I think your doing a fine job Kyou-kun..."

His eyes closed a bit as he let a small smile grace his lips. "Y-You really think so? I just... don't feel like I am... but, if you say so..."

"You keep me from Akito-san's grasp I think that's a good enough job."

Softly he nods and looks back to the food, stirring it again. "I'll always do that..."

She smiled at him kindly. "Kyou-kun will the child be cursed like you and Yuki-kun?"

"I don't know... I can't say for sure if the child will be cursed or not...” He kept his voice soft as he stirred the rice still, slowly shifting his hand to flip the fish as it fried.

She nodded lightly. "Whatever happens I will love the child... Just like you and Yuki-kun."

Softly he nodded and picked up the pan of fried fish, pouring it on a chopping board. "I know you will Tohru... I don't doubt that one bit." She smiled faintly before going to the fridge pulling out a bundle of leeks. "Can you stir that rice for me while I chop this fish up... I think I'll put it in the rice so that it makes a different texture and flavor." Quietly he took out a cleaver and started to chop up the fried fish fillets, dicing them into small pieces.

She nodded lightly setting the leeks on the counter starting to stir the rice. “... Have any of the members of the zodiac have children before Kyou-kun?"

His head tilted to the side slightly as he continued to chop up the fish into smaller and smaller pieces, wanting to make it easy to mix with the rice. "I... really don't know..."

She looked up to him before looking down nodding. “... I won't worry if the child comes two months earlier Momiji told me that's what happens to the babies..."

His head nodded softly, "Members of the Zodiac are born prematurely... it's usually a sure sign that it's a cursed child..."

She kept her eyes from his as she continued to stir. “... I hope its a little boy so you and Yuki-kun can hold him..."

"If the child is cursed... I should hope that it's a girl... so that you can hold her," he said softly as he started to gather up the small slices of fish in a bowl, pouring it into the rice as she stirred. She flinched lightly at what he said before nodding lightly as she kept her head low. Slowly he reached up and grabbed some sauce, pouring it into the mix to add to the flavor. He could smell the food coming together and starting to give of the smell of the sweet and spicy sauce he'd added a little of.

She covered her mouth quickly as the scent hit her nose. "...I think I'm going to be sick..." She whimpered out before trying to run toward the downstairs bathroom Yuki sitting on the steps hurrying after to help her.

Blinking softly, he took the spoon and continued to stir it. "Hopefully I didn't put too much in.… the scent will die down as it cooks." Yuki held back her hair as he leaned over opening a near by window to let some cool air in for her. Slowly Kyou took the pan off the heat, pouring the mix into a large wooden bowl, gathering several small porcelain bowls and chopsticks as well. She returned shortly Yuki watching her carefully making sure she didn't fall if she became winded. Kyou walked out of the kitchen holding a large tray covered with bowls and chopsticks, the large wooden bowl in the very center with the food in it.

Yuki leaned over getting her bowl for her filling it enough for her to eat. "Do you want leeks Miss Honda?" Kyou slowly sat beside her, filling his own bowl with the rice and fish mixture. The orange color from the sweet and spicy sauce had faded into the white of the rice, which made him know that it would be not very strong. She nodded lightly she looked really weak now after having gotten sick. Yuki walked into the kitchen to retrieve her leeks. "Sorry about that Tohru... I didn't think the smell would be that strong... but it should be cooked out now."

She nodded weakly. “... Its ok Kyou-kun... I'm just weak..."

"Hopefully it's not too strong for you to eat... that would make me feel awful."

"Kyou-kun I'd still eat if it made me sick cause you made it for me." She smiled at him kindly although her body was giving out on her as she began to eat.

"You don't have to force yourself to eat it... if it's too strong, I'll fix you some more without any sauce in it...” He was hoping she would be able to eat it, but he truly didn't want to make her feel sick. She shook her head slowly as she continued to eat. Yuki bringing her the leeks. Slowly Kyou ate his own food. Rather enjoying the taste, happy that it wasn't too strong tasting to him. He looked over at her, hoping that the same could be said for what she was eating. She smiled at Yuki kindly as she stopped eating the rice starting to chew on the leeks.

Kyou quickly wiped out his first bowl, scooping a bit more for a second bowl. "Mhmm... I should make this more often..."

"...Once I've had the baby." She spoke softly returning to the rice.

A soft chuckle escaped Kyou as he continued to eat the second bowl. He loved fish, so obviously he was going to love his own cooking.

She giggled lightly she could only eat half of the food he had prepared for her. "Thank you Kyou-kun..."

"You're welcome Tohru," he said between bites, smiling over at her. He was feeling much better now that he'd had a chance to eat. She smiled faintly as she sat quietly beside Yuki who continued to eat picking out the fish.

After everyone was done, Kyou leaned back against the wall with a soft sigh, showing that he was full.

"...Kyou-kun is it ok if I go lay down... The food isn't settling..." She spoke looking down.

"Of course... why wouldn't it be?" His head tilted a bit as he smiled and settled himself against the wall.

"Because you made me a meal and I didn't want to ruin it." She stood slowly wobbling a bit.

"It's alright... you need to rest, I'll clean up." Smiling, he slowly stood and took her hand to help her stay on her feet, giving Yuki the chance to finish eating. She took his hand slowly her touch was cold as she started to make her way up the steps. Slowly he walked with her, trying to help her keep her balance and lead her to her room where she would be able to rest and recover. She slowly walked in lying down on her bed lying on her back as she rubbed her stomach that was poking out from her shirt.

Softly he sat on the edge of the bed and brushed his hand over her stomach. "School will be out in just over a week... you can handle it, right?" She nodded lightly closing her eyes starting to relax at his touch.

"Good," he said with a soft smile and leaned over to kiss her forehead. "I'll be there with you all the way to the end... But for now, I need to go clean up, I'll send Yuki to watch over you while I do."

She nodded lightly blushing lightly at the kiss as she opened her eyes halfway. "I'll be fine for now you two should just relax I'll just be napping that's not dangerous unless you don't trust me..."

"I trust you... I just want to make sure that you're alright," he said softly as he slowly stood and walked to the door. "One of us will check on you from time to time..."

She nodded lightly as she covered up with one of her blankets. "...I love you Kyou-kun..."

A soft smile spread over his lips, he reached up and turned off her light. "Good night Tohru, I'll see you in the morning." She nodded lightly smiling as she rested quietly now.

Slowly he walked down the steps and sat down across from Yuki. "She's sleeping now... She's still not feeling well though, so... check up on her in a few minutes when I'm cleaning up."

"That'll defeat the purpose though if we want her to rest I'll check in a half hour so she has time to herself."

"I didn't say how long... I just said "a few minutes" rat, geeze...” Slowly Kyou started gathering the dishes together, carrying them towards the kitchen.

Yuki started to tidy up the dinning room letting Kyou take care of the dishes. "You'll probably be the one cooking Miss Honda will be laid up half the time."

"I'm used to it by now, I used to have to cook all the time since neither you nor Shigure can cook." Kyou smirked slightly as he set to putting the dishes in the sink.

"Yeah, but while your cooking I'll be with Miss Honda." Yuki smirked placing a new tablecloth on the table.

Kyou’s eyes narrowed, quickly moving to the door and glaring out at Yuki. "Yea... well at least I'm feeding her and taking care of that basic need."

"At least I can be in the same room with Miss Honda and not get yelled at stupid cat." The prince was smiling now.

"She's just having mood swings... which I might add are your fault, since you woke her up from a nap... damn rat."

"What nap she was crying I had to do something for Miss Honda unlike you."

"She was crying," asked Kyou in a confused way. He didn't know that, since he too was asleep, resting with Tohru that day in the kitchen floor.

"...You didn't know..." He spoke sadly before shaking his head he had finished his job. "I'm going to go get Miss Honda some strawberries." He walked out of the dining room heading toward his secret base.

"No... I didn't know," mumbled Kyou as he watched Yuki walk away, turning and going back into the kitchen to finish washing up the dishes. The whole time, he thought about what Yuki'd said, not knowing it. She slept silently in her room curled under the blankets blushing lightly as she held her stomach. His head nodded slightly from a bit of tiredness as he finished up with the last of the dishes, his arm lifting to wipe away some sweat. Yuki returned shortly with a basket of strawberries and leeks for Tohru. Slowly Kyo walked back out to the dining room and sat down at the table, giving a soft sigh of relief that he was done.

He put the basket away in fridge before going out back out sitting at the dining room table. "Is she ok? Have you checked on her?"

"No…. You said you were going to, so I just sat down to take a small break after cleaning up." Kyou said, glancing across the table at Yuki with a look of minor exhaustion.

He shook his head slowly. "Well you'll know where to find me I'll be with Miss Honda."

Kyou’s eyes narrowed at the other boy, almost glaring at him as though to burn a hole through him. "I'll be right behind you momentarily, so don't think you'll get to be alone with her for long... damn rat."

"Whatever pesky cat just don't wake her." He headed upstairs and into her room. He crawled into bed with her wrapping his arms around her form as he changed into a rat snuggling close to her near her pillow she opened her eyes slowly watching him. After several minutes, Kyou slowly made his way up the stairs and into the room. Quietly he walked across the floor and sat down on the edge of the bed, looking down at Yuki. He was already asleep Tohru's eyes looked back to him slowly feeling him sit down on her bed.

"How're you feeling...?” he whispered softly as he looked down at her with a smile. He hadn't smiled this much in... Well, as long as he could remember, but something about her just made him want to smile.

"...I'm feeling better I think the baby has gotten use to it." She rolled slowly onto her back before pushing herself up making sure not to wake Yuki now. His head tilted as she sat up, looking into her eyes despite the fact that it was so dark. He could see into them clearly, and wanted to try to find out why she was getting up.

"I don't think I thanked you for dinner." She leaned over kissing him softly on his lips. A slight blush spread over his cheeks as he kissed her in return, one of his hands lifting to rest on her cheek. She blushed lightly closing her eyes slowly as she leaned closer to him. His eyes slowly falling closed, Kyou leaned back against her, trying to keep her from falling too far forward during their shared kiss while Yuki slept under them.

She broke the kiss slowly blushing madly now. "...I'm sorry my hormones are really messed up now..."

He merely tilted his head a bit, smiling at her still. "Don't apologize... it's alright."

She nodded lightly as she continued to blush resting her head on his shoulder. “... Do you want to do that though what Yuki-kun and I did..."

His head tilted slightly, resting on her own, "I want to... but the risk...” He was still worried about the risks involved with being with her in such a way.

"...Nothing can happen now I'm already with child and you can always wear one..." She blushed a dark red now she couldn't even face him. He too was blushing badly. He'd never even thought of that, of the fact that she was already pregnant, meaning that she couldn't be pregnant with his child if they were to.

She shook her head slowly. "..It wouldn't mean anything never mind I'm sorry forever asking you this... I'm probably just causing you more problems..."

Slowly he shook his head and leaned over towards her again, softly placing his lips by her ear. "Let's discuss this tomorrow... I'd have to go to town to get 'one'."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment