Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 41 - the mysterious box!

A bond, forged by hardship, sparks a fire that would not be doused. An ageold curse, creates pain and suffering, the love shared between two boys and a girl, forbidden by fate. Completed!
A whole 50 chapters!

Chapter 41 - the mysterious box!

Chapter 41 - the mysterious box!
The evening sun hung low in the sky, a few thin rays of light breaking through the tree branches of the city park to shine down on the happy family as they set upon a bench by the pond. The orange haired boy's fingertips brushed lightly over the small child held within the mother's arms as the other boy watched on, smiling. She hummed softly the small purple haired child sucking lightly on her pacifier that had an orange kitten head on the front. The mother tilted her head watching the small infant her hands squished up to the side of her rosy cheeks.

Slowly Yuki stood and leaned down to press a kiss to Tohru's head, glancing over at the cat. "Miss Honda asked that we shop for her while she rested with the child... We should do that now before it gets too dark, I don't want to leave her out here by herself any longer than I have to..."

Tohru blushed at Yuki's kiss. "Thank you when I get better I'll be able to get the groceries." She giggled softly as the small child wiggled around in her mother's arms.

Kyou slowly stood. "Why don't you shop and I'll stay with her?" Yuki's eyes fell on the cat and narrowed, "Because it'll take twice as long and will be dark before we get home... that's why, stupid cat, now come on."

"I'll be fine Kyou-kun." She leaned up slowly kissing his cheek. "There are others around its a public setting."

Nodding, very slightly, he stood fully and looked down at her before glancing back to Yuki. "If anything happens, just yell and I'll come kick someone's @$$..."

She giggled lightly. "I'll be just fine Kyou-kun." She laid the small infant into the stroller letting her rest.

Nodding again, he turned slowly and started to make his way towards the stores in the little strip mall across from the park. "Come on rat!" He petted the small child's head before following after the cat. After but a couple of moments, both boys had crossed the street and disappeared within the stores, going to get the groceries.

She pulled the stroller close to her as she petted the small child. "...I wish your fathers’ could hold you..."

"It's not a very good idea for one such as yourself to be sitting out here all alone, now is it?" A familiar voice came from the other side of the pond, though no one could be seen.

Her eyes widened as she looked down reaching for her infant. "Kyou-kun will kill you if he finds you here."

"He'll never know that I'm here... he's too busy doing something that you should be," he said as he stepped out from behind the trees, his head tilting with a smirk.

She held the infant to her protectively the child’s eyes opening slowly looking to the man. "I wouldn't be able to carry the groceries back in the state I'm in right now." She spoke softly looking to the man now. "I'm the only one that can take care of her right now."

"Oh yes... I forgot the brat was a female... Pity, the cat really messed up this time, lying to me all along. He'll go to the cage for that, nothing he can do to stop it." Akito's form moved slowly towards the water, hands buried in his pockets. "Unless of course he can come up with a real child... but I'm sure that he'd not risk your life to save his own."

She looked down sadly to the small infant that reached for her mother's cheeks. “... Why are you doing this to him...? He has a home and a family a daughter with Yuki-kun and I..."

"Because, little monster... he doesn't deserve such things. The cat is evil... and must be locked away as punishment for his birth." Akito never crossed the small bridge that gapped the pond, merely speaking to her, trying to scare her away as usual.

"...But if he has a child with me he won't have to be locked away...?" She kept her eyes on her small infant now that craved for her mother's attention now.

"Now we couldn't lock him away from a motherless child, now could we? At least not 'til he raises his hell spawn to an age that it can care for itself." Akito all but laughed at the misfortune of the cat as he spoke.

She closed her eyes a few tears rolling down. “... No you couldn't..." She spoke sadly now as she held her daughter closer to her slender form.

"No matter though... he'll never take such a risk, I should just take him to the cage with me now. But... I'll give him this last night with you, because I'm feeling... generous." Akito laughed sadistically as he glanced past her at the two boys exiting the store. "I'll be paying your home a visit tomorrow, little monster. Best say goodbye to your precious cat while you've got the chance." With that spoken, he faded away into the distance once more, hands still in his pockets. She wiped the tears from her eyes quickly to hide her sadness as she laid her daughter back in the stroller standing pushing it to where the boy's were coming from.

Slowly Kyou and Yuki walked across the street with hands full of bags, to meet her at the sidewalk. "I think we got everything you requested Miss Honda."

She smiled kindly as best she could. "I remembered something else I need I'll be right back she's been good and hasn't fussed any." She looked to both boys now. "Can you watch her for me I won't be to long."

Kyou nodded softly as he set the bags in his right hand down and placed his hand on the stroller to keep it still. "Sure thing Tohru, just don't take too long, you want to get home before dark I'm sure."

She nodded lightly kissing him softly. “... I promise I'll be back." She went across into the shopping center walking into the store heading into the medical area. She looked around trying her best to find what she needed. "...If I get the cheap ones they might not work..." She stopped finally finding what she needed grabbing hold of a box. She paid for them the store bagger putting it in two bags for her. She paid walking out back to the two men Yuki knelt down playing peek a boo with the little girl.

Kyou’s head tilted when she walked back out with the bag, not being able to see what was inside of it. "That was fast, what'd you forget?"

"Its a woman thing I don't want to talk about it." She blushed lightly she was lying to him, but she knew he wouldn't cross the line if it delt with that.

"Ah..." Kyou replied, before picking up the bags once more, holding them over his shoulders. "So, let's get home already, I'm starved."

"I've had some fish drying out in the sun for jerky for you... If we don't get back the raccoons will have them." She took the box setting it in the pouch of the stroller hiding it away as she started to push the child back home.

"Mmm..." came Kyou’s voice as he opened his eyes once more and saw her walking away. "Hey, wait up!" Laughing slightly, Yuki glanced back at him, "Stupid cat." She giggled softly the small infant sleeping quietly next to her small rattle shaped like a cat.

Quietly the three walked along, heading back home with bags of groceries. They were all carefree, or so it seemed, though Tohru was hiding something, not wishing to let the other's see. After they had returned home Tohru picked the small infant from the stroller after setting it near the porch for one of the boy's to put it away for her leaving the box behind. She headed up the stairs to lay the child down in her basinet. The boys both walked past the stroller, into the house. First and foremost they had to put away the groceries before they could worry about anything else. "What do you think she went to get Yuki? That's not a very big box in that bag..."

"I don't know, nut they normally don't come in boxes stupid cat." He put the milk away in the icebox.

"What don't," mumbled Kyou as he put away the meat products in the freezer, glancing back at Yuki. "I don't even know what the hell it is. A "woman thing" what's that?"

"Did you not pay attention in Sex Ed you damn cat!" His eyes widened as he shook his head. "You think mood swings were bad when she was pregnant your in for a shock."

Kyou’s eyes blinked a couple of times. "Th-That? Oh no..." His hands slightly covered his head, as if expecting an explosion, "but she's never mentioned them before. And she's never had mood swings that I've ever seen."

"Remember she's always done the shopping we could never tell when or not she was... She probably tries to hide it from us with her smile." Yuki finished putting his groceries away.

"Probably... maybe she'll hide the mood swings still. I don't exactly want her to go crazy on us again..." Slowly he placed the last of the groceries in the fridge. "Go get the stroller, since you finished before me." He walked out into the dining area picking the stroller up onto the porch wheeling it in. He grabbed the bag walking back into the kitchen.

Slowly Kyou turned around as he heard Yuki walk back in with a bag in his hand. "That the bag out of the stroller?" He was curious as to what was in it, and wanted to see.

"Yeah, but what's it to you?" Yuki watched the cat. "We should respect her wishes cat." He was starting to toy with him now taunting him.

"She didn't say we couldn't look at it... she just said she didn't want to talk about it." Kyou said as he stood fully, closing the fridge door and looking at Yuki through half-narrowed eyes.

He tossed the box at him. "I’m not the one that's going to die." Yuki looked to him smirking as he walked out of the kitchen.

Slowly Kyou looked down at the box, through the bags, not being able to tell what's inside. "Yea… Well... Neither am I..." he mumbled, tossing the bag over onto the counter and giving it a suspicious glance. Yuki walked up stairs where Tohru sat in the rocking chair rocking the infant trying to help her fall asleep. Little mice stuff toys lay at one end of the basinet.

Kyou took a seat at a chair in the kitchen and just stared at the bag as if he'd be able to see through it if he waited long enough. He just felt weird about what was in the bag, he wanted to know, but he didn't want to invade her privacy to do so.

Yuki kissed her softly before walking behind her closing the blinds to help her relax the small child.

Finally, Kyou gave up on trying to see through the bag, remembering that Tohru'd mentioned something about fish drying. With that thought, he ran outside to look for it, hoping that the raccoons hadn't already taken it.

Yuki placed his arms on the back of her rocking chair her eyes opening slowly feeling him close to her now her head tilting to the side as Yuki petted her cheek softly. She blushed lightly at the boy's touch as she looked ahead to the child that was almost asleep.

Slowly, Kyou walked up the stairs, a piece of fish jerky in his mouth. He kept quiet, leaning against the doorframe of Tohru's room, his crimson eyes watching the three, seeing their smiles, and finding a soft smile himself

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment