Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 43 - death sentence

A bond, forged by hardship, sparks a fire that would not be doused. An ageold curse, creates pain and suffering, the love shared between two boys and a girl, forbidden by fate. Completed!
A whole 50 chapters!

Chapter 43 - death sentence

Chapter 43 - death sentence
he moon hung high up in the sky, shining through the window upon the orange hair of the cat. He was sitting upon his bed, in boxers, his knees hugged lightly against his chest. She sat quietly holding her infant child against her chest feeding her quietly with a foot printed bottle. His eyes were focused on the floor, half-closed as he gripped his legs tighter still. How could I do this? I knew it was a mistake... God I'm so stupid.

Yuki walked into the room where she was holding the baby. He kissed her cheek softly petting the baby's head. "Why was the cat so distance when he came in?"

I gave in, she was just not giving up... I let Akito win after vowing I wouldn't let him in our lives again... She let him win, she let him get the better of her... He's nothing but a coward...

“... We were talking about his past a little I think I asked a little too much. I'll check on him after I put the baby to bed." She smiled kindly to Yuki a bit of sadness in her eyes as he slowly nodded.

"Good night Miss Honda." He kissed her cheek softly before walking out of her room closing the door behind him as he headed into Kyou's room standing in the doorway.

Kyou never once lifted his head, his eyes locked firmly on the floor. It was obvious that something was bothering him, but he would not talk about it. In fact... he wasn't talking at all, to anyone.

"... What did you do Miss Honda cat...?" He spoke barely above a whisper as he stared down at him. Kyou ignored him, as if he didn't hear him. In Kyou’s mind, he was alone. No one was going to be able to help him now, he'd failed himself, he'd failed Tohru, he'd failed them all. He slowly moved away from the door closing the door leaving him in darkness now as he moved to his room.

I shouldn't be here... I don't belong here anymore. A monster that brings death... that's all I am... I belong in the cage, all because she was trying to keep me out... and it's where I belong... where I can't hurt those I care about..." She stepped into his room quietly the baby had fallen asleep now. She knelt beside his bed petting his head softly running her fingers threw his hair.

He didn't move, didn't react, he just... didn't feel like he deserved anything. He'd messed up now, and there was no taking it back. He'd allowed his defenses to be broken and had done the ultimate evil. Tears fell slowly landing on his hand as she slowly laid down beside him her head resting on his shoulder her eyes closed. Kyo didn't move, only his head a slight amount to look out the window up towards the night sky. He didn't want to feel her touch at that moment, he din't want to feel her slipping away from him. Her touch made him feel as though she was there to die, since he knew this was what would happen.

“... I love you Kyou-kun..." She whispered into his ear she kept close to him like a child that was lost and needed something to care for her. She kept her eyes closed as she tried to stop the tears.

He remained without a voice. How could he say he loved her, when he'd already killed her. He felt like a murderer. She sat up slowly knelt beside him as she petted his cheek softly with her pale hand. She was filled with sadness now he wouldn't return his love to her now.

His eyes closed slowly, head falling to rest on his knees again as she caressed his cheek. He felt cold, and all he could think of was the fact he had lost control, and lost himself in her. He'd been with her, and in turn, now would lose her, because of his stupidity. She leaned down slowly kissing his cheek softly as she rested her head back on his shoulder as she sat knelt behind him her hands slowly going threw his hair again.

His lips finally parted, a sigh escaping them. "How can you love the one that's going to kill you... has already condemned you to die..."

"...I allowed you Kyou-kun... it wasn't your fault..." She spoke softly a bit of sadness in her voice. “... I told you before whatever happens I'll always love you..."

His head fell softly as he clenched his knees tighter to his chest and rested his chin on them. "I wish I could say the same thing... but I can't forgive myself for this... I didn't want to risk your life, I swore I would love you without touching you..."

"...Kyou-kun." She spoke sadly as she looked away from him sitting up slowly. "I don't regret what I did with you Kyou-kun..."

"Why did you do that... You knew the risk. I regret being too weak to protect you... from myself," he said softly, closing his eyes and holding his knees tightly.

“... I wanted to protect you to keep you free from the cage..." She smiled hiding her sadness as she kissed his forehead like a mother would.

"At the cost of your own life? I'd have rather been in the cage..." he said softly, sighing quietly as he shifted a bit and laid down, curling up in a ball.

She moved behind him her head tilted to the side as she petted his cheek softly moving a few free strands from his face. "... I want to stay with you Kyou-kun..."

"But you can't... not after this. When the child's born... you'll be gone and I'll never be able to get you back..." She fell silent as she petted his cheek still a few tears rolling down her cheeks slowly landing on his cheek. One of her hands slowly slide to one of his lacing it with her fingers.

He felt her hand, and allowed her to do so. "I don't know what to do anymore... I don't deserve to be here anymore..."

"...Kyou-kun I need you right now... Please don't leave me..." She spoke sadly as she laid beside him her head resting in his shoulder near his neck. He let out a quiet sigh as he grabbed his pillow and hugged it tightly against himself.

She slowly moved away from hearing her child starting to cry. “... Forgive me Kyou-kun..." She spoke sadly as she opened the door of his room leaving closing it quietly as she moved to her room picking the crying infant up. "Hush now baby of mine." She spoke softly as she cradled the small infant moving to the rocking chair slowly rocking.

Kyou slowly drifted off to sleep, sadness taking its toll on his energy. She slept silently in the rocking chair with the infant sleeping in her arms. She woke quickly the next morning hearing a car pull up into the driveway. Kyou was still sleeping, having exhausted himself fully during the night with his guilt and sadness.

She walked in sitting beside him the baby on her lap. "...Kyou-kun you need to get up..." She petted his cheek softly with her frail hand. "...Akito-san is here."

"Come to take me where I belong... no doubt," whispered a still exhausted Kyou. He had spent most of the night so worried and upset, that he really didn't get any sleep for the fact his mind was active.

"...Not anymore..." She spoke sadly as she continued to pet his cheek softly and carefully her eyes closing halfway.

He slowly shifted around under her touch. "It's where a murderous, evil cat belongs..." He was saddened beyond all things, and distraught over the previous days events that had led to all of this.

The child held onto her sleeve looking down to him before she started to cry her mother trying to hush her now. “... Its ok momma’s here and so is your daddy..." She spoke softly. She cradled the infant now making funny little faces at her trying to make her smile as she petted Kyou's head slowly. Kyou lay there in the ball shape he'd been in all through the night, his eyes closed, breath escaping as a sigh.

"...Kyou-kun please we got to go downstairs." She spoke sadly as she stood up with her child in her arms

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment