Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Discussions

I am Yuki Cross, a human and I dwell in a place where vampires live just below us...as they count the beating of our rapid hearts, and stave their dark desires. I stop them from killing, but can I resist the temptation?

For My fan Firefoxfireball101

Chapter 5 - Discussions

Chapter 5 - Discussions
Yuki Cross, a reasonable 18 year old adolescent was at wits end. She would not murder her English teacher, she would not murder her English teacher…

Yuki repeated this mantra to herself as she closed her eyes against the horridly garish room decorated enthusiastically with posters and posters of grammar notes and dead poets. Of course she loved English per se with a passion but modern simplistic perceptions were a bit droll for her. Yuki resisted the urge to roll her eyes and instead put away her mechanical pencil inside the bulging compartment in her Haggar’s purse. It was definitely time to buy a new one, and pronto.

Her English teacher, Shinju-sama, was currently droning on and on about how one should write in contemporary English and how grandiloquent words were figments of the past. Now-a-days people communicated with much less gibberish. Said gibberish being of course any word her sensei had to look up in a dictionary. How terribly trite.

“Hai, I will use plain English in my next essay with the body done in only 3 paragraphs or less, and there will be no more than 1000 words in all, Shinju-sama.” Yuki replied in a seemingly contrite voice that belied her true anger and despair. She chose instead to look away from her irate teacher and concentrate on the wonderfully interesting linoleum floors. Wow…weren’t they something? Pukish green, with hints of mucus. Maybe she should concentrate on something else…

“Are you listening to me, Ms. Cross?” the teacher asked aggravated with her inattention. He crossed his arms in frustration, and clacked his heels loudly against the floor.

“I have had enough of your disrespect, Ms. Cross!” he whipped out as he strode furiously across the small classroom that had been deserted by eager students carrying bentos to lunch. Only she and the goofball that was always tardy were left in the classroom. Everyone else was gone enjoying their lunch while she had to listen to her teacher talk, and talk, and talk.

Who ever said that men were quiet? They lied I tell you!

“All you do is come to class, finish your work in the manner you see appropriate, and go to sleep. When I dare to make a suggestionyou ignore my advice and instead find evidence to counteract it!”

Was he ever going to stop whining?

“Furthermore when I simply suggested that you stay after school you mentioned to the headmaster that teachers were prone to sexually harass their students in private and that it was an abuse of authoritarian power and was more alike to a tyranny!”

Yuki decided to stop him where he was. First of all she had been sexually molested by her teacher, if Ms. Hinako’s heavy petting could be counted in that base degree. Clearing her throat, in a well modulated voice she began her recantation. Besides if he was going to accuse her, she deserved the right to defend herself.

“It is a matter of mere conjecture the way you have hypothetically established my supposedly heinous compartment to be. As for finding a “counter evidence” as you so put it, my findings are simply facts. You may draw from them what you will but they will not change nor distort reality. The actuality being of course what is viewed in your own mind, I am still of the belief that Alexandre Dumas wrote “The Man in the Iron Mask” and not D’Artagnan which is a fictional character of the story and not the author himself. My interactions with my father are my own and no one’s else’s, but if you are inquiring as to why I said so to Headmaster Cross it is because I had been sexually harassed by a teacher and did not wish for another incident, although I am not insinuating you to be that type of person I prefer not to stay after school, is that understood.”

Shinju-sama stood flabbergasted by her cool retort and wondered again how he had lost his hold on the conversation. For a moment he could have sworn he was teaching her a valuable lesson and now she was reprimanding him? What happened to their professor-alumni relationship where she showed him proper respect?

“I have to go now, and since you are having trouble collecting your thoughts and engaging in a valuable discourse with me I shall be going, I, unlike others, have some things to do today other than to mumble to myself, Shinji-sama.” Yuki bit out sarcastically as she picked up her things and left the classroom hastily, before he got her into more trouble. She was hungry as hell, and she was not going to waste her time talking about nothing. Yup it was time to leave.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment