Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Expectations

I am Yuki Cross, a human and I dwell in a place where vampires live just below us...as they count the beating of our rapid hearts, and stave their dark desires. I stop them from killing, but can I resist the temptation?

For My fan Firefoxfireball101

Chapter 6 - Expectations

Chapter 6 - Expectations
Kaname closed his eyes and clutched a paper tightly to his chest as his finger scanned the words he held closed to his heart. Yuki gave them to him when she had lost her dear friend Akura to death. It was a poem that meant a lot to him

I want you to know
one thing.

For a second he really thought she was going to confess her feelings to him but…it turned out he was wrong.

You know how this is:
if I look
at the crystal moon, at the red branch
of the slow autumn at my window,
if I touch
near the fire
the impalpable ash
or the wrinkled body of the log,
everything carries me to you,
as if everything that exists,
aromas, light, metals,
were little boats
that sail
toward those isles of yours that wait for me.

He really thought that she cared, and for a second his heart had bloomed with stagnant hope. And then it shattered.

Well, now,
if little by little you stop loving me
I shall stop loving you little by little.

He had thought that she was afraid to get into a relationship with him because of the differences; he was a master vampire, and she was human, and he was older by more than a thousand years. He could suppose that THAT would be a bit daunting but so what if he had met Domitian’s Roman troops as they had breached the Danes, he was still young! At heart at least.

If suddenly
you forget me
do not look for me,
for I shall already have forgotten you.

How foolish Yuki was. Even if he wanted to he could not, for as soon as he had seen her face he knew she was the one.

If you think it long and mad,
the wind of banners
that passes through my life,
and you decide
to leave me at the shore
of the heart where I have roots,
remember
that on that day,
at that hour,
I shall lift my arms
and my roots will set off
to seek another land.

She was his soul mate, and that is why she had the mark of Vedas on her right shoulder. She belonged to him for all eternity.

But
if each day,
each hour,
you feel that you are destined for me
with implacable sweetness,
if each day a flower
climbs up to your lips to seek me,
ah my love, ah my own,
in me all that fire is repeated,
in me nothing is extinguished or forgotten,
my love feeds on your love, beloved,
and as long as you live it will be in your arms
without leaving mine.

Now he only had to make her aware of that.

oooooo

Yuki knocked on the door and when she didn’t receive a reply she decided to chance it. After all she only had a moment to spare for the latest ‘emergency’ that Kaname felt fit to inform her. Lately she had found these meetings to be tiring. He would present her with several cases of human and vampire interactions that had gone array, ask her how she would react and force her to tax herself with vampire tranquilizing training! Why in the world would she need to know how to calm a vampire in a blood rage when she had been told by Headmaster Cross to eliminate all defunct vamps when they were acting murderous. He had even given her the ultimate killing weapon: a pistol that could execute one vamp every millisecond. Okay, okay, so she was suppose to take the five basic steps to insure that there were no unnecessary causalities, but wasn’t this pushing it? These last two months had been really strenuous for her! He had made her learn the rules of the Vampire Council, the history that the vampires have had up to now, and to know concurrently what the leaders were in the different parts of the world in respect to region and power! All this to ameliorate her vamp staking skills? I don’t think so. Something smelt fishy here. In theory she was only suppose to prevent the Day Class and Night Class from having fatalistic interactions, and to discuss with him solutions to arising problems. So why all of this aristocratic pomp? And she meant that in the kindest sense of course…like why in the world would she need to know the correct way to eat a fillet mignon? If she didn’t know any better she would think he was grooming her!

Looking around Yuki continued down the hallway until she found Kaname sitting pensively in his room. Hopefully today’s session would be fast and he would not put her through any stupid lessons like before. She could hope couldn’t she?

“So…what do you want Kaname?” Yuki asked twiddling her thumbs nervously.

Kuran lowered his champagne glass and smiled seductively, before tilting his glass towards her and whispering, “You, m’dear.”

Yuki blinked huge brown eyes in confusion and inched closer to him, but still maintained a good safe ten feet. She trusted him, and yet for some reason her little hairs stood up when she got too near.

“Nani? What did you say.” Yuki asked backing slightly away as she saw a strange glint in his eyes. Had he been drinking or something? Nah. It just didn’t seem his style, and that glass was probably filled with blood and not champagne.

Kaname curled his sensuous into an uncompromising smirk, and enunciated clearly, “We need to step up our sessions, koi.”

Yuki rolled her eyes, before standing up indignantly at the word ‘koi’. Knowing Kaname he was probably saying she looked like that creepy bulbous fish! How dare he. If it was anyone else she would think he was calling her his lover, but due to their filial relationship it was just playful quip at her large eyes. Sure she knew they were big, but did he have to mention it? Bastard.

Kaname laughed, throwing back his head and allowing his nice silky locks to brush his cheeks before grabbing her by her wrist when she moved to slap him.

Damn he was fast.

“Koi, how could you hit you’re beloved?” Kaname asked in a sweet injured tone.

Beloved? Who the frack was that! Yuki decided that her best option was running away. So what if she resembled a scaredy cat? At least her virginity would be intact.

Kaname stopped her with his words,”I was just joking Yuki, seriously you need to loosen up, now as to the reason I called you here today.”

For some reason this did not make her feel any better, it seemed as if his eyes devoured her as they scanned her form repeatedly with blatant heat.

“Do you think we need to add more security to the West Wing?” Kaname asked as he bent over her shoulder and accidentally touched the side of her breast pointing to a place in the map.

Yuki ducked under his shoulder and walked to the door in a casual manner. At least she tried to.

“Yup!! That seems fine, and if that’s all I really gotta go, ya know?” Yuki chirped falsely, swallowing the bile at her throat. What was wrong with her? This was Kaname for Kami’s sake! He would never harm her, would he?

“Anyhoo! I have like this huge assignment in math class, and you know how I hate number so I have to go and study extra hard tonight, Zero kindly volunteered to tutor me but he’s like really impatient, and I understand of course, ‘cause it’s like his free time and all, and-

Kaname brushed her lips softly with his own to quiet her.

“I understand.” He whispered sultrily into her ear before pulling away. Elegantly he opened the door, and gestured majestically for her to proceed.

Yuki blinked a couple of times before smiling brightly.

“Thanks!”

Kaname lent her his arm and they strolled down the corridor towards her dormitory.

“I guess you’re walking me there?” Yuki asked with uncertainty.

Kaname simply nodded his assent before stopping suddenly.

“Do you want me to enter your room?” he asked unexpectedly.

Yuki’s eyes furrowed in confusion. Why would he ask such a thing? Anyways he was just walking her to her room, there was no need.

“Why do you want to enter?” she asked pointedly avoiding responding.

Kaname wrapped his arms gently around her, and said, “Because I’m cold.” And lonely he added silently.

“um….” Yuki sighed. There was a reason why you should not invite vampires into your room, but for the life of her she couldn’t remember. I guess there’s no harm.

“Sure you can Kaname-sama.” Yuki replied with a gentle smile, hoping that the honorific would help put things in perspective and avoid the odd pauses that they had been having. Or rather the charged atmosphere.

Kaname smirked darkly thinking Yuki couldn’t see his face in the cover of night. And suddenly she remembered why you shouldn’t invite vampires into your room.

Because once you invited them they never had to leave.

shoot.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment