Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - The New Moon

This is a story for my character,Kiki. Many of my stories are just practice for the real things that happen in Kiki's life. So I may change a few things in previous chapters as the story progresses.

Chapter 3 - The New Moon

Chapter 3 - The New Moon
Kiki woke up at the bright morning of April 18. It was her 14th birthday. Kiki rose from her bunk bed, (Kiki had the top bunk), and opened her azure blue eyes to the morning sunlight. "Son of a monkey, I slept all night again, and I'm a so-called nocturnal mage." Kiki said frustrated. "Good morning, Kiki, Happy Birthday!" Bonza replied cheerfully.

"Good morning, Bonza" Kiki replied looking at her Feline friend. "Have a nice sleep, Kiki?" Bonza asked. "Yeah, but I'm supposed to be nocturnal." Kiki said. Bonza replied "Don't worry bout it, mate. Now blow the candles out and make a wish" Kiki blew the candles out and made her wish. The same wish she made every year. "Alright, its a small cake as usual so half-half?" Kiki nodded and cut the cake.

"I know a good place to have your birthday at." Bonza said smiling. "Where would that be?" Kiki asked curiously. "Follow me" said Bonza. Bonza took Kiki's hand and led her to a lake with a gentle stream leading into it. "Wow, it’s so peaceful here." Kiki said. Bonza nodded and said "Yeah, I come here when I'm feeling a little down." Kiki sat down on the grass, yawned, and said "I could like this place."

Bonza and Kiki fell asleep on the grass and Kiki woke up at 10:30 PM. Bonza was still asleep. She rose up and stretched, then heard a rustling in the bushes. Out came a French poodle. She had a pink frilly dress on and was decorated from head to tail with nothing but jewelry. Kiki growled and laid her ears back. Queenie was a dog who would flirt with Bonza almost every day. "Well, well, well. It’s Kiki the corny cat. "Well, well, well. It’s Queenie the quarrelsome, kooky, crazy, completely crappy canine." Kiki replied with a smirk. "So, who’s your cute friend snoozing away there?" Queenie asked. "That is Bonza." Kiki replied with an unreadable expression on her face. "Yeah, sure it is. And I'm Santa Clause." Queenie replied sarcastically. "Yeah, you're as fat as him. But not as jolly." Kiki replied smugly. "Queenie scoffed and said "That can't be Bonza! Bonza is a Tasmanian tiger!"

Bonza rose up and said "You ever hear of transformation potions?" "Oh," Queenie said "you look even cuter now!" Kiki felt her ears curving back, but remembered that her mother had told her to practice not showing emotion. On the outside, her face was unreadable. On the inside, however, she was one angry feline. "Forget it, Queenie. I don't like you" Bonza replied darkly. “Aw, why don’t cha like me?” Queenie asked with a little baby face. "You are not my type, you're annoying, and you're a stinking fan girl!" Bonza yelled "How many times must I tell you?!" "Oh, burn." Kiki said with a smirk. "Well, the angrier you get, the cuter you get." Queenie said with a smile. Bonza looked at Kiki. Then telepathically (told Kiki by saying it in his mind) asked Kiki to make her go away. Kiki levitated Queenie and threw her across the forest. "Good job, Kiki." Bonza said. Kiki said "Guess I don't know my own strength."

"That dumb Queenie just doesn't understand that I like girls that are tough, smart-aleky, and stand up for their friends." Bonza said. Kiki couldn't control her emotions this time. Then she started blushing and said "That stupid monkey doesn't understand that I like guys that are nice, don't bug me, and help make annoying people go away. Bonza and Kiki looked at one another and blushed.

Suddenly, Kiki's fur turned black and her eyes turned red. Her dress turned purple. "Oh, perfect chacking timing." Kiki thought with a growl. Bonza yelled in surprise and fear. "It’s Ok, Bonza." Kiki replied. Although her voice had no tone, it sounded demonic, hollow, and emotionless.

Kiki raised her arms in the air and teleported her mother's book into her arms. She opened the book and read aloud "Shadow Form: This happens in every moon mage's life. It is the demonic form of themselves. This technique is used in battles too make themselves more powerful. Moon mages often show no emotion in their facial or voice features. The emotions are felt strongly on the inside however. This transformation happens most often on the 14th birthday. If the moon is out, the mage cannot transform themselves to normal until morning. On the first time of transforming, it is automatic nature. If there happens to be a new moon, the mage is stuck in that state until the next morning. Kiki growled slightly and said “I guess I’m stuck this way until tomorrow.” Bonza simply nodded and lay down beside an ancient tree.

Edit: Please don't kill me for taking the kissing scene out! -Cowers like a trapped kitten-

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ty_shazza on October 5, 2007, 4:03:23 AM

ty_shazza on
ty_shazza:3 Now update yours soon please. :3