Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - The machine.

This is the first book of many. Young Alana Page Black and her four friends were outcasts. Then she meets a new kid, who changed there life. There sweeped to a great adventur that a person could only wish for.

Chapter 3 - The machine.

Chapter 3 - The machine.
After school, Drake drove all the friends to Page’s house to hang out for a while. Page liked her friends coming to her house because Janis puts on a show like no other when they were around. But Destiny, Tinker, and Page all knew her secret. Although it was very cramped in the car, they all had fun playing corners as they went. Newbie seem to force his fun smile as they drove, adding on to Page’s suspicion on him.

When they reached to Page’s home, they all scurried down to the basement where a lot of exercise machines stood unused. And once everyone was settled on their machines, they began asking random questions. Newbie’s however was the most random.

“Have you ever wished you could go back in time?” Newbie asked out f the blue.

“You mean, like in Back to the Future type of stuff?” Page asked as she continued to lay on the treadmill’s conveyer belt. Newbie nodded. “Yeah I have. For that my dad was joking with me a while ago, right before he left, and asked me where he should put a time machine where nobody would bother it.”

“What did you tell him?” Newbie asked. To Page, Newbie was beginning to sound like a cop interrogating a suspect.

“I told him here in the basement. Then he gave me this necklace just before he left and I never thought about why he asked me about the time machine…until now of course.”

“Cool, I wish dad was just like yours. Giving us things like that. But it’s just me, Destiny, and mom now.” Tinker said as she continued to sit on the bikes. Tinker and Destiny’s father left them and their mother years ago. Page and they became friends when Page’s real mom began comforting their loss.

“I don’t.” Drake the eldest of the two brother said after a long moment of silence. He wasn’t a big talker. “I’m not a girl. But if it was like a cool leather chain thing I’ll take it. But Adam and Karin don’t have the money nor the time to do that stuff. They’re still dealing with the adoption papers.”

“Adoption papers?” Ben was confused once again.

“Angel and Drake got adopted five years ago. Their parents, Adam and Karin Thomas, almost got their adoption final. My mom helped them out. Yeah, we became friends because of that.”

“Really…cool.” Newbie said nodding up and down. He began looking over at the strange equipment in a funny manner. He was looking quite odd to the five friends but shrugged it off.

Finally they watched as Newbie stood up and walked over towards the Bench press and pulled out the cushion for it. The five friends gathered around and all five of them saw a small row of buttons. At least five smaller buttons and a large red button near the bottom of the cushion. Page also saw six necklaces with their names on it began to twist by their breath.

“Hey, look at this.” Page picked up the necklace that had her name and put it on. It was a Dog-tag on the chain with Page written in Black glittery letters.

“Cool.” Drake said and searched for his. His was the same except his lettering was a dark glittery letters and he had Drake written on it. Angel found his he had a lime green color. Destiny a rich purple, and Tinker’s was a red color. The last one didn’t have a name on it. It only had FBI in Golden lettering. Page, not trying to keep people out handed him the FBI Dog-tag.

“Forget the shirts we have Dog-Tags. Three cheers for the Dog-Tags. Hip hip...”

“Hurray! Hip hip Hurry! Hip hip Hurray.” After they celebrated, Drake accidentally pressed the big red button. It was as if the room became a giant vacuum cleaner, as everyone except for Ben began to fly into the unknown. But before Page blacked out, she grabbed Ben by the arm and both of them vanished.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

MiaEmber on March 1, 2008, 11:21:12 PM

MiaEmber on
MiaEmberIf only I could help you. There's a lot of stuff that needs to be fixed. But other then that I like it.

Oh, B.T.W. Tinker's and Destiny's father died when his car exploded. Just so you know.

umitara on March 2, 2008, 3:54:31 AM

umitara on
umitaraYeah. I think we talked about that. So that's the reason I didn't talk about a father.