Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - The shock of a lifetime.

This is the first book of many. Young Alana Page Black and her four friends were outcasts. Then she meets a new kid, who changed there life. There sweeped to a great adventur that a person could only wish for.

Chapter 4 - The shock of a lifetime.

Chapter 4 - The shock of a lifetime.
Page woke up in a small room. Nothing to worry about her room was small and pretty dark anyways. But for some reason the room felt different. She wasn’t laying on a bed, she wasn’t wearing her jeans and shirt. And even it was dark in her room 20/7 every day. She did have some light to shine in her room at least.

A rap at the door made Page jump out of her skin. “What the heck?” Page groaned rolling to one side.

“What type of language is that young lady?” The voice wasn’t Janis’. It was someone completely different. “No time to answer that. The young Misses are getting up and you need to help them get ready.”

“What?” Page was sitting up now. Her mind was buzzing with confusing questions. “Who…where…what time is it?”

“A little past dawn. Now get up, Lisa. Your father is waiting for you.” The door swung open revealing a short old woman standing wearing rags. “Come on, ‘git.” She had a thick British accent making Page raise an eyebrow. But decided to get up for the old woman was beginning to look like Janis in a bad mood.

“I’m up. I’m up.” Page grabbed a dress from a corner and put it on. The dress looked like it had been pulled through the disposal a couple of times but had been patched up by a blind person. The shoes she wore looked like her dad’s only smaller in size.

“Good, now go up and get the young Misses ready for the day. They are going to go dress shopping and need to look their best.”

“Right.” Page started to walk towards the door but froze. “Where exactly is their room?” She was asking an honest question but the woman looked like she was going to throw a fit.

“…Up the stairs to the left. Third door to the left. Now get going!” Page ran up the stairs and literally counted the rooms. There were hundreds of rooms on the floor. When reaching a very blue door, Page placed her ear up against it to make sure that it was the right room.

“AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!” Page froze it was Tinker’s scream. “Destiny where are we?!” Page hurried and knocked on the door and Tinker opened it. “Page!” Page felt herself flying into the room as Tinker slammed the door behind her. Destiny was trying to calm her sister down.

“Please young Miss! Don’t yell so much! I think the sickness is starting to make you mad!” A man said pressing his ears against his head and screaming himself.

“Mad? I’m not mad! I’m the only one that’s not mad!”

“Tinker please calm down.” Destiny said gently placing her hands on the shoulders of her over reacted sister. “Page, a little help please.”

Page walked over towards Tinker and tried to comfort her, but because of the dress Tinker was wearing it was impossible. “What the heck are you wearing?” Page asked with disgust in her voice.

“I not sure.” Tinker was calm now but she was biting her lip. “One moment I’m flying through the air next moment I’m wearing a huge dress that I don’t even like!”

“Well, that good then. Maybe when you get your new dresses you’ll like them better.”

“I don’t want new dresses! I WANT MY JEANS!” Destiny rolled her eyes and patted her sister’s back. She was used wearing big dresses. Tinker took in a couple of deep breaths and then sat down on the bed. The man that was in the room lowered his hands and walked over towards the two sisters. “Page, I’m so confused.”

“Miss it’s not proper to address the help.” The man said in a proper British tone.

“Says who?” Tinker was back talking. A familiar problem she has even with Janis.

“Says me!” The man yelled.

“Hey, who you calling help. And don’t yell at my friends.” Page stopped. She was yelling at her father. “Sorry father.” She said lowering her head in shame.

“I apologize for my sister sir, as for Page, I wish for her to stay with us.” Destiny said softly.

“I’m sorry, but LISA has a job to do!”

“All I’m asking is a little bit of her time. Then we’ll send her back to her job. I promise.”

“Of course young Miss. Pardon my intrusions. I’ll see you in the kitchens later.” The man said and bowed to Tinker and Destiny. Page shrugged telling him she didn’t care.

“Of course father.” Page hated talking proper. She wasn’t a proper person but she couldn’t don anything about it.

“Good day, young misses.” He bowed and left leaving the three girls in the room alone.

“Page what the heck is going on here?!” Tinker asked strangely enough she was calm about it.

“Yeah, I mean. The big puffy dresses. You dressed as Cinderella.” Destiny began a hint of panic in her voice. “That man not being your father. And your name isn’t Lisa.”

“I know.” Page said as she began to pace the room. Listen your not rich, you don’t like this more then I do. But we are all in England.” Just then Tinker began humming the England anthem but stopped in mid stride.

“What?” Tinker said looking as if someone said something offensive.

“Yeah. We’re in England. Haven’t anyone noticed why everyone was talking in the British tones. WE’RE IN ENGLAND!”

“Page we get the idea.” Destiny said shaking her head.

“No, you haven’t. What’s worse that Newbie, Angel, and Drake are nowhere to be found! I think Ben had something to do with this.”

“We can’t blame, Ben.” Tinker said sticking up for Ben. “He just moved her. How could he have something to do with this?”

“We haven’t bumped into him yet. Something fishy is going on here.”

“Maybe they are here. Maybe they’re just in another place right now wondering where we are.” Destiny had a logical explanation but Page still had her suspicions on Ben.

“But Ben has to be here. I grabbed him by the arm.”

“That doesn’t mean that he’s here here. It probably means he’s somewhere else in this huge world of ours.”

They continued to talk about for what seem like hours but a few minutes later, the door knocking brought all of them back into the ‘real’ world.

“Come in.” Tinker said softly but loud enough to hear. Ben walked in looking very pissed off.

“You little pee-brain….of a girl!” He yelled stomping his way towards Page, but Tinker got in the middle trying to push him away from her. Her dress and shoes got in the way. But she was buying Page some time. “I wasn’t supposed to be here right now. I am supposed to be in a comfortable office monitoring your every move. But you had to drag me in here with you. Thanks to you, I might loose my job.”

“So you mean to say you had something to do with this?” Tinker asked standing up straight looking alarmed and shocked.

“Yes I did. I work for a special FBI force, along with your father, Page. I’m really Riley Benson. I’m 20 years old.” Tinker’s eyes widened. “Your father is a crazy inventor and asked me to take care of you when you use it. Take care as in watch out before she gets hurt or worse killed.”

“So why are we hear now?” Page asked her suspicions were semi-right.

“You three and the two boys are to meet up with a man named William Madison and find out about a man who is helping Benedict Arnold win the war. But you, Page had to go and screw it all up!”

“How!?”

“By dragging me with you! I was supposed to help you with this thing. Not be here to help you.”

“Well, sorry!” Page sat down on the bed and crossed her arms around her chest. But a few seconds later she was on her feet holding Ben…Riley by the scruff of his shirt. “Wait, my dad made a Time Machine.”

“Machines.” Riley said pushing her away.

“Are you also saying my dad works for the FBI?!”

“Yeah. Why you didn’t know?”

“No, I thought he was just a lawyer in our small town. It’s impossible for him to be in the FBI!”

“He is a Lawyer. But he’s also a FBI officer. Like I said before we’re not your average FBI officers. He’s been one of the agents since he was 18. He was sworn to secrecy he joined. I was sworn to secrecy when I joined but thanks to you all I’m breaking that oath!”

“That…that’s…There’s no way….I’ve been his…You’re lying!” Page said not believing a word she was speaking.

“Wow.” Destiny said after receiving all that information.

“Anyways I was sent up here to retrieve you two. Its lunch time and so, you need to get down before they start to yell.” He said pointing at Destiny and Tinker. Tinker turned her back towards him.

“We’ll be down in a moment.” Destiny sighed.

“Your,” he said pointing at Page. “ ‘Parents’ want you down in the kitchen now. You two will be trying on knew clothes. At least for me, I got the good job.” He smirked at Page and left the room. Page followed behind him.

“I’ll see you two soon.” She smiled. A smile of a plan cooking inside her mind. Tinker and Destiny knew that they both had to get down there and fast.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

MiaEmber on March 4, 2008, 7:22:41 AM

MiaEmber on
MiaEmberI like it.