Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Breaking Away

This is the first book of many. Young Alana Page Black and her four friends were outcasts. Then she meets a new kid, who changed there life. There sweeped to a great adventur that a person could only wish for.

Chapter 5 - Breaking Away

Chapter 5 - Breaking Away
When the morning light appeared into Page’s room, she stirred into life. She knew that Lisa had to get some shopping done for her parents, but she also knew that she had to leave England with her friends on the first boat ride out of there. Throwing on her dress and grabbing the list of things her parents needed, Page ran out of the home without saying a quick goodbye.

There was a soft breeze blowing through Page’s…Lisa’s hair as she stepped out of the door. Page however did take in a deep breath. The sea air kind of made her sick but she didn’t stop. She needed to get out of there and save the United States of America during their darkest hour.

As she walked down the street, she saw Tinker and Destiny walking beside Riley. Page ran up and pushed Riley from behind. Riley took a step forward and looked back at Page like he was about to kill her but Tinker tugged on Riley’s arm. “Not here,” she said giving both Riley and Page the puppy eyes. Page twitched but nodded. “How come you are you still wearing your dress?”

“Because I don’t have the clothes at home to change into.” Page said simply. “I would if I did.”

“Well, there was a stable back there a little ways,” Riley said trying to be nice to Page. “I’m pretty sure you can find some boy clothes there.” Page didn’t seem to trust his words but went to the stables and sure enough, there was some clothes lying across a stable door.

Snatching them quickly and a pair of shoes, Page stripped down, quickly and rushed towards her friends. Tinker was laughing and so was Riley when she arrived. But before she actually reached them a hand grabbed her shoulder and dragged her back.

“Where do you think you’re going?” A boy said. He was three inches taller then Page and his hair was a light brown color. He was smiling brightly. His eyes were a pretty blue color. This boy’s name was Danny. He liked Lisa a lot.

“I…” Page stood there looking embarrassed. She looked over her shoulder at her friends and saw them waiting patiently for Page to come. “Here.” She handed Danny the items she had bought while she at the market. “Tell, my parents that I loved them and I’ll see them soon.”

Danny looked down at the items then back at her. His eyes smiling back at her. “Alright.” He lips stretched into a smile. “Be careful.” He leaned over and gave Page a soft gentle kiss. Her face burned as a blush filled every pore. “Promise me this would you?”

“What is it?” Page was stunned. If she was Lisa how much this would feel.

“Would you marry me when you return?” Danny was serious about what he asked her.

“Uh…” Page tilted her head as she slowly entered a day dream. Her first kiss was someone that died back in the late 1700s early 1800s. “Sure.” She agreed. Or at least Lisa did.

“Alright.” Danny smiled once more before bolting off towards Lisa’s home. As she turned around she saw Destiny and Tinker all doing the romantic sighs while Riley looked like his normal self.

“How romantic.” The two sisters in unison. “Page has a boyfriend who is so much older then she is.”

“Shut up.” Page said and walked past them. She suddenly realized that both Tinker and Destiny were also wearing boy cloths. “Alright let’s go. But,” she tugged her hair then did a sheepish smile. “Do you think my hair is too long to be a boy’s?”

“Yes,” someone said from behind Page. “Not to be rude or nothing but I don’t believe anyone will believe your boys with hair that long.”

Page turned around and saw someone with ankle long black hair. She was paler then her but she was really pretty. “Who are you?” Page asked stepping backwards afraid that the woman would attack her.

The woman bowed. “My name is Tania. Most people call me Gloomy.” She said pouting slightly. “I’m from Germany.”

“So how can you be speaking practically perfect English?” Tinker asked tilting her head slightly to the left.

“My dad taught me. He was in a tight spot and we both had to learn English so that we didn’t have to be sent back to Germany. And if you don’t mind who are you?”

“Oh, I’m Page.” Page said shaking Tania’s hand.

“Tinker,” Tinker said with a smile and a shake.

“Destiny,” Destiny said as she followed suit and shook as well.

“Riley.” Riley said looking like was being forced to shake hands but did. He didn’t smile though he just looked away and stared at the sky.

“Good to meet you. Now, I believe you should cut your hair. I doubt you can go far with that long hair.”

“Look who’s talking!” Page shouted pointing at Tania’s long hair.

“I know I have long hair. It doesn’t take to much thought of solving this problem.” She said and took out a small knife from behind her. Grabbing hold of her hair from on top did she place the knife and pulled it through her hair. Everyone there stared as Tania’s long hair was now just barely below her ears. “Now it’s your turn.” She said as she handed the knife to Page.

Page hesitated as she did the same to her hair. Both Page and Tinker, for Destiny had short hair already, cried as they watched their hair blow in the soft breeze. Page forced the tears back in and said, “Are we ready now?” Tania nodded. Page, Tinker, Destiny, Riley, and Tania all boarded the ship. They were going to be at sea for three months.

Page ‘enjoyed’ the whole trip as she spent most of the time puking up her gut or staying below deck with a wet cloth over her face.. And when the three months ended and they finally arrived to shore, and when Page was beginning to feel better, Page literally jumped off the ship knelt on the sand and kissed it. She was happy she could finally stand on solid ground.

A shadow washed over Page. She looked up and saw a boy, his face covered in shadow, standing there looking down at her.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

MiaEmber on March 9, 2008, 12:39:36 AM

MiaEmber on
MiaEmberI've noticed a couple of places I would like to change. But their not really important. If I could I would like to scan over the entire story and then fix the problems. So...thanks and the story is great where it's going. Keep sending me the stuff.