Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - The Reunion.

This is the first book of many. Young Alana Page Black and her four friends were outcasts. Then she meets a new kid, who changed there life. There sweeped to a great adventur that a person could only wish for.

Chapter 6 - The Reunion.

Chapter 6 - The Reunion.
Page shook as the shadow continued to stare down at her like a spider does to its prey in its web. Even though the boy’s face was in shadow, Page could see a faint smile spreading across his face, plus she heard a soft chuckle.

“Why, isn’t it my dear best friend Alana PAGE Black,” he chuckled as he leaned back to let out a hearty laugh. Page continued to kneel on the shore but she was surprised to hear the boy knew her name but she didn’t understand who this boy was. “The world must be ending, or the Devil himself is wearing a sweater for your hair is short.”

“Yeah, I had to cut it.” Page said full of unease. The boy held out his hand and Page took it. The boy almost threw Page over his shoulders but she firmly planted her feet. That’s when she caught a good glimpse at the boy. “Y…ANGEL!” She threw her arms around his neck nearly knocking him off his feet. “You’re alive that’s so wonderful!”

“Yeah, I know it is.” He looked scared but then patted her gently on the back. “Where’s the rest of the-”

“ANGEL!” It was Tinker who rushed towards him and ‘tackled him’. Destiny followed suit as always. “I’m so glad to see you.” Tinker was in tears as she continued to slowly squeeze Angel’s air supply.

“Tinker…I need air.” Angel managed to squeeze out and so Tinker released him. Angel looked up and saw Riley standing there looking very upset. “Hey, it’s Newbie.”

“Actually his name is Riley.” Page said glaring at him. “He’s the full reason why we’re here in the first place.”

“No,” Riley shouted, although he’s been shouting the entire three months while they were on the boat. “It’s your stupid father’s fault that I’m stuck here instead of a comfortable cozy office.”

“What?” Angel was confused. It didn’t take much to confuse him.

“We’ll explain when we get everyone here.”

“Huh?”

“Do you know where Drake is?” Page asked continuing to stare down Riley who was joining in the staring contest.

“Yeah, he’s up at the shop.” He motioned his head to follow him and so they did, Page and Riley continuing to give each other the evil eye and the cold shoulder.
The town was still being built. There were a lot of tents that were pitched up and the sound of wood being cut and hammers going off made everyone feel like they were on a construction sight instead of a town.

“Here we are.” Angel said as he opened the door. The small bell rung and they all stepped inside the small shop/home.

“Welcome how may I help…Dude,” Drake’s head rounded the corner and froze.
“You found them!”

“Yeah they were on one of them ships that just came in.”

“Really? How was it?” Drake was so excited to learn what had happened to the four travelers.

“It was…” All four of them spoke at once but each got to say their part.

“Horrible I was sick pretty much the entire boat ride.” Said Page throwing her hands in the air.

“Pretty cool, I got to see a lot of things I never got to see before,” Said Destiny who actually liked the entire three months.

“Boring,” Riley said sourly. “I couldn’t do much.”

“Fun,” Tinker said sarcastically, giving Riley a sideways glare. “It was the first time I was ever insulted.”

“Oh, you’re bringing up that again!” Riley said catching on to what Tinker was talking about. “All because of a little insult and you’re still angry about it?!”

“Yes I am!” Tinker yelled back. Page rolled her eyes as she dragged Tinker away while Destiny pulled Riley away.

“Okay, enough fighting.” Drake said holding up his hands. “Why were you on the ship in the first place?”

“Oh, we had to get out of England.” Tinker said happily forgetting the anger she had once let out.

“Oh really?” The voice came out of nowhere making all the girls jump. It was full of a British accent. An older looking man rounded the corner.

Page nodded. “Yeah, we had to get out somehow.”

“Well, it’s good that…Good God Riley why are you here?! Aren’t you supposed to be…?” The man acted surprised, that’s when Page finally remembered who they were going to look for…but she couldn’t remember the name.

“Watching this on a computer screen? Yeah, but you know somebody,” he shot an evil look at Page then back at the older gentleman, “had to pull me in with them. Now I have no choice but to do exactly what I wasn’t trained to do.”

“Oh, well…I guess I’ll see to it that nothing happens to you either. This is big problem.” The man shook his head letting his graying brown hair fall in front of his glasses.

“Are you…William Madison?” Page asked bracing herself just in case she got the wrong name for the wrong person.

“Yes?” The man said. Page wiped her forehead. “How do you, Alana, know my name?”

“It’s simple. You’re the man that we have to help. That’s why WE,” she returned the sharp look to Riley, “were sent here. You were supposed to tell us why we are here correct?”

“That’s right. So do you know what you have to do?” William asked pulling up a small stool and sat on it.

Everyone nodded except for Angel and Drake. “What are you talking about Mr. Madison?” Both brothers said in unison.

“Well, I was told to tell you five…well, six, that when you arrived together you were supposed to find a man named, Henry Austin. He’s trying to make the British win the war. He’s secretly helping Benedict Arnold with winning the war.”

“So, he’s a spy kind of?” Tinker asked scratching her head.

“Sort of, but Henry isn’t telling Benedict everything. But he’s trying to. Now, your goal is to stop him from allowing Benedict to win the war. If he does, America as we know it will be no more. When you arrive back in time you’ll be in time for tea.” He held out a pinkie making Tinker giggle. But his face was not in the happy mood. “So you must now stop Henry before it’s too late.”

“So, you called us to inform us that the future of the USA is in the hands of five teens and this fat lying jerk?”

“Well, I’m not the one that called you. It was your father…now who was this ‘fat lying jerk’, you were talking about?”
“Him.” Page said pointing at Riley not even looking at him. Riley was about to say something when, “Wait, you’re also telling me that my father planned this from the beginning?”

“Yep.” William said with a smile. Drake and Angel were confused. William sensed it. “Alana’s father is a member of a special FBI force. He created a time machine-actually time machines-so that you could help solve problems. Plus the entire FBI force was to make sure nothing bad happens or you guys make to many bad mistakes.”

“That was my job,” Riley mumbled but everyone turned to look at him. “Now it’s probably be Josh’s job now. Thanks a lot Page.”

“Boo hoo.” Page said rubbing her fists just below her eyes. “I’m so sorry the lying jerk lost his job. He’s making me cry.”

“Knock it off, Page.” Tinker said slugging her in the shoulder. “Give Riley a break.”

“I’ll give him a break.” Page said folding her arms. “I’ll break his arm once we get out of this mess.”

Tinker rolled her eyes. “You know that’s not what I meant.”

Page sighed and said, “Fine, I’ll leave him alone. I’m not going to promise anything about trusting him though.” Tinker smiled and hugged her friend’s arm.

“So…” Angel started then thought carefully of what he was going to say. “Is that why you hired Drake and I so that we will be here to hear all this?”

“Yes.” William smiled and clapped his hands. “I’m so glad you all are catching on.”

There was silence until something low and semi loud broke the silence. “MR. Growl,” went the noise. Everyone started to giggle.

“Sorry, is there anything to eat?” Page asked her face slightly turning pink. “There was nothing very appetizing when we were on the ship.”

“Of course, what kind of host will I be if I didn’t have food?” He leapt to his feet and motioned everyone to follow. “My wife had been busy all day in fixing the most delicious meal. Mash potatoes, corn, bread, even a little slice of roast mutton.” He licked his lips and they all rushed inside the kitchen. All the food William said his wife made, were there sitting on the table. “Help yourself.”

The mounds of freshly made food seemed to disappear as each person took their share of the mash potatoes, corn, bread, and even the roast mutton. Page finished first afraid that if she took one more bite she’ll explode. That’s when she felt sleepy. Her eyes slowly began to feel heavy as she continued to sit there.

“Alright, looks like you are all tired,” Mrs. Madison said with a smile. “Follow me to your rooms.” She led the three girls and three boys to their rooms. The three girls shared a giant mat filled with goose feathers, while the boys had to sleep on one scratchy one. Page threw off her shoes and laid down. Before anyone could count to five, she was asleep.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

MiaEmber on March 19, 2008, 12:03:47 PM

MiaEmber on
MiaEmberJust so you know, it wasn't supposed to say "Mr. Growl." It was supposed to say "Mrrowl." Like a noise.

umitara on March 20, 2008, 12:10:43 PM

umitara on
umitaraOh. Well I think it sound ok the way it is. But My spell cheker didn't think it was. I'm keeping it on my computer two.