Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - A New Town and A Slight Problem

When Cloud goes into a coma for 20 years, he wakes up in a strange, new world, unknown to him. Sephiroth comes along to try and quell the fear welling up inside Cloud. (not finished)

Chapter 4 - A New Town and A Slight Problem

Chapter 4 - A New Town and A Slight Problem
*Flashback*
Hojo chuckled and placed Cloud on the lab table.
"What would Sephiroth want with a failed experiment?" Hojo mused aloud.
Shrugging lightly, he began to strap Cloud in place, readying him for the "experiments".
"Oh, Cloud," Hojo whispered, "you have no idea what you are in for."
Cloud groaned and opened his eyes slightly. "Where am I?" he asked weakly.
Hojo chuckled. "You are in my lab," he replyed, "awaiting your unfortunate demise."
Cloud was about to say something, when he felt an odd weakness come over him. His head landing on the lab table with a thump, he fell unconcious.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cloud's mind was clouded when his subconcious awoke. Shaking his head, he tried to sit up, but couldn't. Looking around, he saw Sephiroth and Hojo engaged in a battle.
"How the hell did you find me?!" Hojo was screaming, lunging at Sephiroth.
"It was easy!" Sephiroth yelled, an apparent hint of hurt in his voice. "You took Cloud away from me, so I followed you!"
Hojo growled and lunged at Sephiroth, Sephiroth parried and swiped at Hojo, slicing his arm open. Hojo howled in pain and ran for the door. Sephiroth ran after him, and blocked the doorway and swiped at Hojo's throat. Succesfully slicing his throat, he kicked the lifeless body aside and walked toward Cloud.
"Why?" Sephiroth asked, tears forming at the corners of his eyes.
Wiping away the tears, he unstrapped Cloud and took him out of the lab.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Sephiroth, how in the hell did this happen?" someone asked.
"I found him in Professor Hojo's lab, Professor," Sephiroth replyed.
"Please, call me Gast," Gast said. "Did you get to see anything Hojo was doing to him?"
"I did not," Sephiroth said, "but I did see Hojo doing something to him when I went in."
"Which was?" Gast asked.
"All I could see from where I was is that he was altering him like he did with Vincent," he replyed.
"Goddamn him," Gast muttered.
"Is there anything you can do Professor?" Sephiroth asked.
"I'll do what I can," he replyed, "but I'm afraid that his body is beyond repair."
Sephiroth didn't say anything, just rushed out of the door, hands in fists at his side and tears running down his face.
*End Flasback*
"I don't remember much after that," Sephiroth replyed, sitting on the couch with a cup of tea in his hands.
"It's ok, Seph," I said, sitting down next to him, "but what exactly happened to make me the way I am now?"
"Professor Gast tried to put your body back together," he whispered, "but Hojo altered your body so much, it was impossible to put you back the way you were."
"So what did he do?" I asked softly.
"He put you to sleep, gathered your remaining memories into a cybernetic organism and went from there," he replyed quietly, his hands shaking slightly. "After weeks of trying to put you together, Gast found out that Hojo had done more than alter your body, he also erased most of your happy memories. The ones of you being with me and Vincent at the beach for New Years, Your birthdays with me, great times of you, me and Vincent."
"But what about the body I am in now?" I asked a little urgently.
"The closest Gast could find, closest to human, was an android body," he replyed, looking at me, his eyes swollen from crying.
"Can I see?" I asked.
"See what?" Sephiroth asked.
"See what I look like," I replyed.
"You sure?" he asked, lightly rubbing my cheek.
"Yes, I am sure," I replyed quietly.
Sephiroth sighed and led me to the bathroom. Opening a closet, he got a mirror, took it out and closed the closet.
"Here," Sephiroth said, handing me the mirror.
I took the mirror and looked at it. A pale face stared back at me, hair a pale blue color and going down to the waist. I put the mirror down and looked at Sephiroth.
"May I see what I used to look like?" I asked.
"I'd have to look for it first," he replyed, looking at the ceiling with a thoughtful look on his face. "I haven't looked at thoese in years."
"Ok," I said, heading back into the kitchen. Sephiroth followed.
"You want to see more of the land or have lunch first?" he asked.
"See more of the land first," I replyed, "but I thought you wanted lunch."
"I'll get us some lunch while we're out," he said.
I shrugged and headed towards the door. Putting on my shoes, I went out and waited for Sephiroth to get ready. Vincent walked up to me.
"Hey," he greeted.
"Hi," I greeted back.
"Where's Seph?" he asked. "I wanted to take you two out to lunch with me."
"He's inside," I replyed, gesturing towards the door. "We were about to go get lunch and then see more of the world.
Sephiroth came out and locked the door and saw Vincent. "Konnichi wa, Vincent," he said.
"Konnichi wa," Vincent said back.
"What are you doing here?" Sephiroth asked.
"I came here inviting you two to lunch," Vincent replyed.
"Sure," Sephiroth said.
Vincent smiled and led us to a restaurant in a part of the town I have not yet been in.
"Where are we?" I asked, a little frightened.
"In a part of town you have not been in yet," Sehphiroth whispered in my ear.
"I know that," I said. "What's the town called?"
"Korbin," he replyed.
"Nice name," I said, a thoughtful look crossing my face.
"We're here," Vincent said, stopping in front of a tall building.
"What floor?" Sephiroth asked, looking at how far the building went up.
"Twelfth floor," Vincent replyed, looking up also. "Come."
Vincent went in the building, followed by Sephiroth. I tried to follow but a guard stopped me.
"Androids are not allowed in this building," the guard said.
Sephiroth stepped forward. "He is here for a checkup," he said.
"Alright, go," the guard said, letting me pass.
"Arigatou gozaimasu," Sephiroth said, leading me into the building.
"I forgot that they don't allow androids into this building," Vincent said, "must've slipped my mind."
"A lot of things slip your mind, Vincent," Sephiroth said, poking him.
"Baka," Vincent whispered, poking Sephiroth back.
I giggled, latching onto Sephiroth's arm.
"What's your problem?" he asked.
"You two are funny," I replyed.
Vincent shook his head. "You always say that," he said, going to the elevator and pressing a button.
"Is it a problem?" I asked him.
"No," he replyed.
Hearing the elevator reaching our floor, we got in, Vincent pressed the twelve button and waited. A few minutes later, we stepped out of the elevator and took a left.
"Are you sure this is the right way?" Sephiroth asked.
"Yes, I'm sure," Vincent replyed, turning right. "See, it's right here.
He pointed to a door covered in ancient writing.
"What is the restaurant called?" I asked, looking at the door.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment