Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter 1

Lynn, Iris, Loray and Joanne and now Trystan have been taken from there families because of their mental abilities, and most of them feel alone in the world. They go on a journey to find acceptance in the world and in their families.

Chapter 2 - Chapter 1

Chapter 2 - Chapter 1
The ride seemed to last an eternity when they felt the truck stop Loray, who was the nearest to the bared widow looked outside, “The sand is white. Where are we?” Lynn responded so quickly it sent all the heads of the others jerking up, “We’re either in Florida or the white sand deserts of New Mexico. But personally think that we’re in New Mexico. It’s a lot easier to keep stuff a secret in the desert. No one sane would travel here.” Just as she finished the door was unlocked. They were told to get out and line up. “Now ladies Welcome to Area 42 a-” He was cut off by Lynn. “Secret Governmental facility in New Mexico, make yourselves at home we will be staying here for a while.” Her voice was stained in sarcasm and she sounded like a southern duck. “Okay looks like we have a smarty-pants over here but I guess you don’t know WHERE you are?” She smirked, “Actually by the end of today I will know.” She slammed her foot on the ground and set a shock wave in all directions.

“What the devil was that?”
“That was nothin’ you have nothin’ to worry about that wave couldn’t find anything.”
“Well let’s hope not.” He ordered the guards to guide them in. “Lynn, what exactly did you do?” She glanced at Iris, “I’ll tell you later. You do have a laptop with you. Do you?” “Yes.” She answered as she patted her bag. “What’s your email?” “Do you have a pen” “Yes” Lynn had a pen and carefully wrote HouMetalOrchid@yahoo.com. “Email a message with the others emails tonight if we are separated.” Lynn demanded. Iris nodded and slipped away to get the others emails. Fortunately, she was wearing a thin navy long sleeve shirt. They were all guided to a big holding cell. “This room has been designed to cancel out all your powers.” To their dismay they were right. They tried everything but all they got was tired. So they figured that they would have to escape at a different time so they made themselves at home. In the room there where four twin beds, one large table with four chairs, and four fare sized closets. The beds were each in a corner. So as step one to make it more homey. They opened up their lap tops on the center table and push their beds to the center each side of the table was a head board and laid down on the beds and turned on their computers. Their laptops were just as different as they were. Iris’ was of course high-tech its skin was an open flower and her wallpaper was a picture of a stream in the mountains. Lynn’s was a good quality cheep laptop that she got with a discount after working at Best Buy during the summer; the skin of her laptop was lime green and had ‘It’s Me Against the World!!’ written on it in gothic calligraphy and her wallpaper was a picture of her given a double handed ‘rock on’ sign (obviously taken with a Webcam). Loray’s was the same as Lynn's except she got it for her birthday and it was red. Her wallpaper was a simple picture of the ocean view from her house, and Joanne's laptop was again the same in quality as Lynn’s and Loray’s but hers was white with numerous peace sign stickers PETA stickers and flower stickers, her wallpaper was one that came with the computer it was called Moonflower. After they had turned on there computers they went back to updating their stuff like there Myspaces and Livejournals. Just as they got comfortable and were about to take a nap, the door swung open, and Officer Nelms stepped in. Lynn was the first to speak. “Can you come back later Officer Dumbass? We’re about to sleep. “No, Miss Johnston I can’t get up and come with me you still have to be initiated.” “Fine” they all got up still in the clothes they’ve been in since they got here. Iris was wearing a wide necked thin navy long sleeve T-shirt and her sports bra showing out of the neck and her pink and black capri sweats, and purple fleece slippers(obviously her Pj’s), Lynn was wearing a tight grey tank top and a skull pendant with peridots for the eyes and baggy cargo jeans with a black leather belt and chains hanging from her belt loops that clinked every time she moved and she had her lime green and black stripped converses on, Loray had a teal peasant top with a small key hole and a tea length brown peasant skirt with dark brown sandals. Joanne had the most innocent looking outfit of all outfits; she had on a lilac sundress with a cream waist band and cream sandals. “Line up” Officer Nelms demanded. They all obeyed but Lynn doesn’t obey without a prank she raised her arm and gave a Natzi Salute and said sarcastically, “Hail Officer Dumbass.” He let out the-I’m-Not-Amused-One-Bit-Laugh. “Okay ladies.” He continued, “We need to take a picture of you for ID purposes and we will also be giving you an ID name you will answer to this get meals by this and so on. Loray was first she went up into the box place her hands behind her back and gave the camera a ¾ view of herself and the picture was taken by head scientist Dr. Marion and he said, “Your ID is fXVIIl. She nodded and was escorted back to the room. Iris was the next up she went into the clear glass box and posed like Loray did. “Miss Iris your ID is wXVIi.” She too was escorted back to the room. Up next was Joanne, she posed in the same way and her name was aXVw. And she was escorted back like the others. Lastly there was Lynn, she went into the box gave the camera a ¾ view of her self and place one arm behind her and placed her hand into her back pocket with the other hand she reached into her pocket pulled out some sand compressed it into a rock. “Zoom in Dr. Marion.” Officer Nelms demanded.
“Why sir?”
“She is dangerous probably more dangerous that the Pyrokinetic girl I want to be able to see every freckle on her face, anything to ID her by just incase she escapes.”
“I understand sir.” He zoomed and pressed the button and Lynn crushed the rock just as the camera flashed. Dr. Marion was minorly shaking in fear as he said her new name, “Your name will be eXVm, Miss Lynn.” She gave a thank you in sign language as she was taken by the arm back. When she was pushed back into she saw that everyone was in there Pj’s so she went into the closet and change she was wearing the same shirt but blue Girl Boxer shorts. Iris wore the same thing, Loray was wearing an Orange T-shirt and black sweat pants. And Joanne was wearing a baby doll nighty shirt and shorts. Lynn stretched and said, “Man that was pointless and I think that that Dr. Marion guy fears me or something.”
“What makes you say that?” Joanne said with one eye open, she was in the lotus position.”
“Cause I crushed a rock I made out of sand.”
“Was it hard?” Loray asked. She was looking at her MySpace.
“The rock or the crushing?” replied Lynn when she jumped on her bed.
“Both.”
“The rock was genuine. The crushing was easy.” “Iris you feeling okay” Iris was drawing something. “Yeah I’m fine why do you ask.” Lynn got off her bed and walked over to hers. “Cause you didn’t look so good when we were on the Truck.”
“I...I just don’t like small closed spaces.”
“I can see the justice in that, Iris. The back of that truck was pretty small.” Iris let out a little giggle.
“But I can see that there is something more than that. I don’t mean to pry but I’m pretty good at reading people. Do you have low self-esteem?” The smile left her face, “Yes I do and I owe it to my mom. She always said that I wasn’t good enough to be a beauty queen, that I had no heart, but I tried and tried but nothing would change her mind so after she gave up on me. My already low self-esteem went lower but not low enough that I wanted to kill myself, which is just too much. And when I discovered my ability, I was happy so after I practice my new found art I showed my mom and dad and asked if I could use it as the talent portion of an approaching Beauty pageant, but when I saw the look on their faces I knew what they thought of it. I was a freak! A more flawed than ever freak! I ran up to my room and locked myself in there until I was force to come here.” Lynn smiled, “I know what you mean, and I was mocked at school for what I was, not being terrakinetic but being a rebel. I used to have had that low self-esteem, but I got it back.”
“What did you do?” Iris asked.
“I should up for myself, I stopped just talking those insults I even broke a guys arm for calling me a dike.”
“But I can’t break people’s arms there’s nothing I can do here that’s even remotely similar to what you did.”
“Well, then there’s the next best thing. Stand up with your actions and words. Give ‘em looks, flip off someone occasionally.”
“How is this gonna make my feel better about myself?”
“If you start acting like you do you will see a difference.” Lynn smiled and Iris smiled back. “And now I’m gonna try my own medison.” Lynn calmly walked up to the surveillance camera, stuck out her tongue and gracefully lifted up her middle figure. That next second the intercom went on. “eXVm, stop doing that, try acting like a lady.”
“I am.” She went back to her bed and logged on. The intercom spoke again, “Now ladies you may want to got to bed.”
“You’re not the boss of us!” yelled Iris. The rest looked at her and Lynn gave her applause. “Nicely done Iris. Very nice.”
“Thank you, and your right I do feel better.” The intercom spoke again. “Ladies you get to bed or we will be forced to use force…get you go to sleep.”
“Okay… Did that make any sense?” Joanne whispered to Loray. “No but I suggest that we do what they say? It maybe in our favor tomorrow.”
“Good point. Okay anonymous voice from the ceiling we are going to bed.” Lynn logged off, got up and turned of the lights. And in five minutes they were in bed. But like most teenagers they weren’t sleeping they were talking about what could happen. The only on that was quiet was Lynn, she was busy plotting a prank on the scientists. After what a seemed like an hour of talking and plotting they finally fell asleep at what felt to be midnight.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment