Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 23 - chapter 22

A highschool story. The Naruto characters go to Konoha High, a private school in the city of Konoha. They face all the highschool dramas: classes, grades, friends, enemies, and romance. Pairings to be revealed in later chapters.

Chapter 23 - chapter 22

Chapter 23 - chapter 22
Disclaimer: I don’t’ own Naruto!

Ino ran to the window, shouting, “It’s them, they’re here! And they did bring one limo! Come Hinata, let’s go, before, your father and Neji scare them away!” Ino exclaimed as she grabbed her purse, stuffed Hinata’s purse into her hand, and dragged Hinata out of the door.

Just as they reached the limo the door opened up, and Naruto jumped out, knocking into Ino, who ran into Hinata, who fell over.

“Hinata! I’m so sorry! I didn’t know that you guys were right there! All I could think of was how we were late…and…well…” Naruto said as he helped Hinata get up from the ground.

“D-don’t worry about it, Naruto. I’m fine.” Hinata said. Naruto flashed a smile at her, and she smiled back. Ino and Hinata climbed into the limo, and Ino sat down next to Shikamaru. Naruto climbed in and sat down next to Hinata, which made Hinata blush.

“So, are you guys ready for dinner?” Naruto asked them.

“Yup! I’m starving!” Ino exclaimed happily.

“Yes, dinner sounds good.” Hinata said, more quietly than Ino had.

The boys took Ino and Hinata to a cool restaurant not far from the theatre. It was a 50’s Diner, and had a jukebox blasting songs from the 50’s. They were seated in a booth shaped like a car, and the girls started talking while they thought of what to order.

“Hinata, what are you going to get?” Ino asked as she scanned the menu.

“I was thinking I’d get a cheese burger with fries, since it’s the restaurant’s specialty.” Hinata answered.

“What about you, Shikamaru?” Ino asked.

“I’m getting a BLT.” He responded lazily, knowing what he wanted without even opening up his menu.

“Hmm…” Ino thought as she looked over the menu again.

“What are you going to get, Naruto?” Hinata asked.

“I think I’m going to get a mini cheese pizza, since they don’t have ramen.” Naruto said thoughtfully.

“I think I’m going to get the same thing as Shikamaru.” Ino said. They gave the waitress their order when she came by, and then started talking.

“So, Naruto, Shikamaru told me that you guys like to play basketball, are you going to try out for the team at school?” Ino asked.

“I never thought about it, but now that I do think about it, I think that I will! And I’m going to make the team, believe it!” Naruto exclaimed.

“I hope that you do, Naruto, because Ino and I are trying out for cheerleading. Then we’d be able to cheer for your games.” Hinata said in her quite voice.

“That would be awesome, Hinata! I know that you’d definitely make the cheerleading squad! You and Ino would both make great cheerleaders!” Naruto said.

“T-thank you.” Hinata said with a blush.

“Yea, thanks!” Ino said. “And I’m sure that you guys would make the basketball team!”

“Thanks,” Naruto said with a grin.

“Yea, thanks.” Shikamaru said lazily.

“So, do you guys come here a lot?” Ino asked curiously. ‘They have to if Shikamaru already knew what he wanted off the menu without even looking,’ she thought.

“Yea, this is kind of like our hangout place.” Shikamaru said.

“Really? That must be cool.” Hinata said.

“Yea, it is, we come in here all the time.” Naruto said. “Where do you guys like to hang out?”

“Hmm…Well, the mall, definitely! Some of those store clerks know it’s us just by looking at all of our shopping bags.” Ino exclaimed.

“And we go to each other’s houses a lot, too.” Hinata added.

“Yea, we don’t even knock on the doors, we just walk in, since it’s practically home.” Ino said.

“We hang out at each other’s houses, some, too.” Shikamaru said, “But we just need to get away from the adults sometimes.”

“Yea, Sasuke’s mom is always checking on us and making sure we have everything that we need. We don’t get a lot of space with her around. And we normally hang out at his house the most.” Naruto said. Just then, the waitress set down the food in front of them, one plate at a time.

“If you need anything, just let me know, ok?” She said as she walked away from their table.

“Mm…This looks so good!” Ino exclaimed as she looked at her BLT. She then picked it up and took a bite out of it. “It’s even better than it looks!”

“That’s why I get it.” Shikamaru said as he took a bite out of his.

“And this cheeseburger is delicious! No wonder it’s the restaurant’s specialty.” Hinata said.

“Yup, it is really good.” Naruto said. “That’s what I normally get, but I decided to get something different this time around.” When they had finished eating, the girls pulled some money out of their purses to pay fro their meals, but the boys refused to let them pay.

“We invited you guys here; it’s the least that we can do to pay!” Naruto insisted as he handed some money to the waitress.

“I agree with Naruto, for once.” Shikamaru said as he handed the waitress the rest of payment for the bill.

“Fine,” Hinata said, finally giving up.

“We won’t forget this!” Ino joked. They all got up and left, and when they did so, they passed a claw machine, that had stuffed animals in it.

“I’m gonna win you a stuffed animal, Hinata!” Naruto exclaimed as he pulled out a dollar to pay for his sudden whim. He put it into the machine and looked for the perfect stuffed animal to win for her.

“Naruto, no one can win those things.” Ino said.

“Actually, watch this; it’s one of Naruto’s few talents.” Shikamaru said as Naruto maneuvered the claw over the stuffed animal that he wanted. He pressed the button, and down the claw dropped, bringing back up with it a blue bear holding a red heart between its front two paws. It dropped down, releasing the animal, and letting it fall into the pickup slot. He picked it up and pulled it out, presenting it to Hinata.

“Th-thank you, Naruto!” Hinata said as she accepted the bear.

“Wow! He is good at that!” Ino exclaimed.

“Want one, Ino?” Naruto asked. “I’ve got one try left.”

“Ok, let’s see how good you are; try to get that pink hippopotamus in the corner there.” Ino said.

“Ok, I’ll try.” Naruto said as he maneuvered the claw over to the corner, he moved the claw around, so that it has one claw thing behind the hippo. He then pressed the button, and the claw dropped down, bringing the pink hippo back up with it. He picked it up out of the slot, and handed it to Ino. “Here ya go! I knew I could get it!” He exclaimed.

“He really is good at those things, it wasn’t just luck.” Ino said as they walked out of the restaurant, stepping into the limo that was waiting there for them.


A/N: Ok, I’m really sorry that this was late! I’ve been really busy since summer has started. Well, I hope that you enjoyed the first half of their date. I’m sorry to say that the second half won’t be up for a while, because starting Friday I’ll be at the beach, and we stay for the entire week, and tomorrow is packing day here. I promise that I already have started it, I just probably won’t have time to finish it until the Tuesday after I get back, because we have family parties planned as well. Well, reviews are much appreciated, and again, I’m sorry for the late update!

Comments

Comments (20)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kogalover2013 on October 27, 2007, 2:20:20 PM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013lol my inner hinata and ino are giggleing like nuts

winxgirl21 on October 28, 2007, 10:10:38 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21lolz ^-^

finalfantasy on June 29, 2007, 11:52:45 AM

finalfantasy on
finalfantasyhehe, those claw machines are rigged, man.

winxgirl21 on June 29, 2007, 11:55:05 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21not really, you just have to nkow what you can and can't get, lolz! My dad wins them all the time,and he's taught my sisters and I how to win them...my mom hates all of the stufed animals from them, though...probably because we insist on keeping all of them, even the scary looking ones...^-^

Gaarafangirl7789 on June 26, 2007, 3:04:53 AM

Gaarafangirl7789 on
Gaarafangirl7789awwww! Kawaiiiii!

winxgirl21 on June 26, 2007, 5:03:55 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21^-^

gaaralover1 on June 21, 2007, 10:48:12 AM

gaaralover1 on
gaaralover1Naruto's acctually good at something other than being a loud mouth Jerk and my charaters personal punching bag....

winxgirl21 on June 22, 2007, 3:25:55 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21yesh, lolz,he is! it's one of his few talents!

hirataitokyo on June 19, 2007, 12:09:00 PM

hirataitokyo on
hirataitokyooh awesome naruto gave hinata the bear so sweet, and it fits with Naruto being able to do that having it be a special talent! Great job!

winxgirl21 on June 22, 2007, 3:22:29 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21yea, i could totally picture him being able to do that,and I just had to squeeze it in somewhere!

PinkAngel101 on June 19, 2007, 5:00:25 AM

PinkAngel101 on
PinkAngel101 awwwwww this is my 1st favorite storie (im new soooo..... ^^) I CANT WAIT TILL THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!!!

winxgirl21 on June 22, 2007, 3:08:29 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21thanks! just got home from the beach, but I should get it up as soon as I get my other computer working...

Symphoniaprincess101 on June 14, 2007, 10:26:13 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101Awsome the part when naruto gave hinata the bear i could see him blush a little^^you are an awsome writer^^you earned 20 cookies*leaves it with the commet*^^

winxgirl21 on June 14, 2007, 10:51:54 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21oo, yay! cookies! *eats them happily* eheh, thanks so much for reviewing!

AlleyCat17 on June 14, 2007, 1:07:47 AM

AlleyCat17 on
AlleyCat17wow great chapter and date.

winxgirl21 on June 14, 2007, 4:59:07 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21thanks! ^-^

sasukeXsakuraforever on June 13, 2007, 12:00:59 PM

sasukeXsakuraforever on
sasukeXsakuraforeverAWWW!♥♥♥ Naruto gave Hinata a teddy bear! THATS SO SWEET!!!!! good job again! Loving it!

winxgirl21 on June 13, 2007, 10:48:44 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21thanks! I'm glad that you're loving it! ^-^

kagome99 on June 13, 2007, 11:59:00 AM

kagome99 on
kagome99That was great!!!I luved the little Naruto has with the claw game.I actually have a talent with those too.
Great chappie!!

winxgirl21 on June 13, 2007, 10:47:30 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21yea, i'm good at them, but my dad is amazing with them...my room has always been filled with stuffed animals from them...Thanks so much for reviewing!