Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 24 - chapter 23

A highschool story. The Naruto characters go to Konoha High, a private school in the city of Konoha. They face all the highschool dramas: classes, grades, friends, enemies, and romance. Pairings to be revealed in later chapters.

Chapter 24 - chapter 23

Chapter 24 - chapter 23
Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto!

“He really is good at those things, it wasn’t just luck.” Ino said as they walked out of the restaurant, stepping into the limo that was waiting there for them.

“To the Konoha Cinema, please.” Shikamaru said to his driver. He nodded as he started the car up.

“I heard that Disturbia is really scary.” Ino said, glancing at Hinata.

“It is?” Hinata asked nervously. She had known it was scary, but she didn’t know exactly how scary it was.

“Come on, Ino, it can’t be that bad!” Naruto exclaimed.

“Ok, but I heard some girls at school talking about it, and they said that they screamed the entire second half.” Ino said to prove her point.

“I-I’m sure it won’t be that scary.” Hinata said.

“Don’t worry, Hinata, none of it is real, it’s all fiction.” Shikamaru said.

“Yea, that’s true.” Hinata said a little relieved. They were at the cinema by now, so they were getting out of the car, they walked in and handed their tickets to the person inside the door. She handed them back the ticket stubs, and told them that their movie would be shown in theater 5.

“Well, before we go in, I wanna get some popcorn, anybody else want something?” Naruto asked.

“I would like to get some cookie dough bites.” Hinata said as she got in line next to Naruto.

“I’m going to get a small popcorn.” Ino said as she, also, got in line.

“Well, I might as well get something, too, then.” Shikamaru said stepping into line behind Ino. Once they had all gotten their food, they found their theater and sat down in the middle. The previews started rolling, and soon the movie had started. The first half of the movie wasn’t too scary, but the second half was terrifying.

“Don’t go in there! He’s behind the wall!” Ino screamed as she hugged Shikamaru’s arm and buried her face into his shoulder. Hinata was watching the movie from behind her hands, but she kept peeking through her fingers.

“N-no! Watch out!” Hinata yelled as she gave up trying to hide behind her hands and hid her head behind Naruto.

When the movie was over, Naruto said to Hinata, “It’s over now, you can come out.”

Hinata’s face was red as she turned to face him. “Th-thanks.”

“No problem! Glad I could help ya out!” Naruto exclaimed. Hinata just smiled at him.

“Are you ok, Ino?” Shikamaru asked.

“Yea, I’m fine! Why?” Ino asked.

“Oh, the way that you were hiding your face in my shoulder I thought that you might be scared.” Shikamaru replied teasingly.

“I was scared, during the movie! Not now!” Ino exclaimed.

“Are you sure that you’re not scared?” Shikamaru asked.

“Of course I’m sure.” Ino insisted. As she said this, Naruto sneaked up behind her and grabbed her from behind. “Agghh! Shikamaru, he’s got me! Help!” Ino screamed as she ran towards Shikamaru and hid behind him, peeking around to see Naruto and Hinata laughing at her. “It’s not funny!” Ino yelled at them, coming out from behind Shikamaru.

“I thought that you weren’t scared?” Shikamaru said to Ino.

“Ok, so maybe I was just a little scared.” Ino admitted.

“A little?” Shikamaru asked in disbelief, this girl had just tried to hide from Naruto behind him. I mean, sure, Naruto could be a scary, but in a goofy, childish way. Not in a vicious, monster way.

“Ok, so maybe a lot scared.” Ino admitted.

“Don’t worry, Ino, I was scared, too.” Hinata said to her friend as they exited the building.

“Yea, I guess you’re right, Hinata.” Ino said with a sigh. Ino then turned towards Shikamaru and Naruto, “So were you guys scared at all?”

“Me, scared of a movie? Yea right!” Naruto exclaimed.

“Not really,” Shikamaru said in a bored tone.

“How could you guys not be scared?” Ino asked in disbelief.

“I don’t know, we just weren’t.” Shikamaru said. By this time they were outside looking for the limo. It took them a couple of minutes to spot it through the crowded parking lot, but they finally did. Once they were in the limo, Hinata turned on her cell phone. It read 11:20. Hinata’s eyes grew wide.The alarm suddenly went off. Since the phone had been off, the alarm couldn't
go off.
“What’s wrong?” Ino asked Hinata.

“I was supposed to call my dad twenty minutes ago!” Hinata exclaimed.

“What?!” Ino exclaimed. “Ok, call him now and tell him that the movie ran over because it started late, ok?”

“O-ok.” Hinata said sounding unsure. She hated to lie to her father, but she knew that she had to. She opened her phone and hit her father’s speed dial button.

“Hello? Hinata? Is that you?” Her father answered the phone, sounding angry.

“Y-yes, father. It is.” Hinata said.

“Hinata Hyuga! You were supposed to call me twenty minutes ago! Where have you been?” Her father asked.

“I’m sorry, father, but the movie started late, and it ran over time.” Hinata lied, crossing her fingers, Ino doing the same and the boys just looking at them.

“You should have called me before the movie then to tell me it started late! Your mother was worried about you! Now, I expect a call when you’re on your way home from the mall tomorrow, do you here me? I don’t need you giving your mother another heart attack.” Mr. Hyuga said harshly.

“Yes, sir.” Hinata answered.

“Well, then, you won’t be punished this time but don’t let it happen again. Goodbye, Hinata.” With that Hinata’s father hung up the phone.

“Well?” Ino asked.

“I’m not in trouble, he believed me. But he said next time I’ll be punished.” Hinata said.

“Your father would punish you for forgetting to call?” Naruto asked cluelessly.

“Y-yes, my father is very strict.” Hinata replied.

“I don’t even know if strict is the right word, Hinata.” Ino said. “Your father is really hard on you, but Hanabi can do pretty much whatever she pleases.”

“W-well…”Hinata said, at a loss for words. She had no idea what to say to what Ino had just pointed out. Yes, Hanabi had a lot more freedom than Hinata, but wasn’t it because she was the second child? The first child always had it the hardest, and then the second child had a pretty much clear road laid out for them. “Isn’t it because she’s the second child? I mean everything she does, I’ve already done before, and so my parents aren’t as worried about that.” Hinata said.

“I guess.” Ino said with a shrug. “You guys remember that you’re dropping us off at Sakura’s house, right?” Ino asked, changing the subject.

“Yea, you already told us that didn’t you?” Shikamaru asked.

“They did?” Naruto asked, looking confused, like he had missed something.

“Yes, you idiot, they did.” Shikamaru said, sounding annoyed with Naruto.

“Oh! Ok then!” Naruto said.

When they were almost to Sakura’s house, Ino spoke up. “Thanks so much for tonight, Shikamaru, I had a great time!”

“Y-yes, thank you Naruto! Tonight was so much fun!” Hinata said.

“Well, maybe we can do this again sometime soon.” Shikamaru said.

“Yea, that would be great.” Ino said.

“Hinata,” Naruto started, but they had just pulled up at Sakura’s house and the girls were getting ready to get out of the limo.

“Yes, Naruto?” Hinata said.

“Well, I was wondering if you maybe wanted to go to homecoming with me, I mean, I know it’s a month away, and if you don’t want to that’s ok-” Naruto started rambling but was cut off by Hinata.

“I’d love to go to homecoming with you, Naruto! It would be a lot of fun!” Hinata exclaimed as she stepped out of the limo. “I’ll see you guys later!” She yelled behind her as she ran to the front door to tell her friends before either of the guys could get out to walk them to the door. Shikamaru and Naruto just looked at each other, and Shikamaru shrugged.

A/N: Sorry I haven’t updated, but I just got back from the beach yesterday afternoon. It was a lot of fun! Now it’s time to update! Ok, so now their dates are over, but it’s sleepover time, and they are gonna be drilled by Sakura and TenTen. I just had to have Naruto ask Hinata to homecoming here, even though it’s so far off, but I have different plans for everyone else. You guys will just have to wait and see! Well, I guess that’s about it for this chapter! Reviews are much appreciated!

Comments

Comments (16)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kogalover2013 on October 27, 2007, 2:29:20 PM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013lol how sweet my inner hinata is screaming

winxgirl21 on October 28, 2007, 10:12:02 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21^-^

NightWing101 on June 27, 2007, 1:55:13 AM

NightWing101 on
NightWing101That Was Awsome! tell me when the next chapter is out please!

winxgirl21 on June 27, 2007, 10:54:39 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21thanks! And, ok, I will! ^-^

Gaarafangirl7789 on June 26, 2007, 4:41:32 AM

Gaarafangirl7789 on
Gaarafangirl7789awesome chap!

winxgirl21 on June 26, 2007, 5:04:09 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21thanks!

Gaarafangirl7789 on June 26, 2007, 2:59:54 PM

Gaarafangirl7789 on
Gaarafangirl7789welcome!

gaaralover1 on June 26, 2007, 12:15:57 AM

gaaralover1 on
gaaralover1Poor Hinata.... Really though.. HIYASHI * said in a mean annoyed tone* Is really hard on her... And so is Neji... I like his new additude in the series... He's a lot nicer and so much more fun... And Also... HA HA HA * Laughing at Ino*Ino: Shut up!!! You'd be scared too!!Me: No I wouldn't
In: Yes you would.. Disterbia's very scary at the second part.
Me: Ok I'll go with Gaara and I won't be scard one bit.. * walks off to see disturbia with Gaara* * COmes back out when it's finished.*
Ino: so?
Me: I wasn't scared.
Gaara: It's true..
Ino: *nods*
Naruto: * Creeps up bedhinde me and grabs me by my swides*
Me: * Yawns* oh Hi Naruto..
Ino: * At a lose for words*

winxgirl21 on June 26, 2007, 1:10:31 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21lolz! thanks for reviewing! Yea, i tried to make Neji nicer by making him overprotective instead of being mean...

sasukeXsakuraforever on June 25, 2007, 12:09:01 PM

sasukeXsakuraforever on
sasukeXsakuraforeverBWAHAHA! Poor Ino, she screamed like a little girl...heck, I would scream like a little girl. Very nice! KEEP E'M COMING!!^^^

winxgirl21 on June 26, 2007, 1:08:14 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks! Yea, i probably would have screamed, too...lolz

waterbender00 on June 24, 2007, 9:40:12 AM

waterbender00 on
waterbender00CUTE. Please update ASAP. ^^

winxgirl21 on June 24, 2007, 9:44:03 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21lolz, thanks! And don't worry, I'm working on it!

KinSinja on June 24, 2007, 7:16:42 AM

KinSinja on
KinSinjaI love this story!!!!!!!!!!
But can´t you make so new guys show up, so it will become love problems?
It wold be more fun to read that(it is it already!),
because it is like everyone else not exist.

winxgirl21 on June 24, 2007, 9:43:35 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21trust me, I'm already planning to have some stuff like that happen! Thanks for reviewing!

Symphoniaprincess101 on June 23, 2007, 4:43:48 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101Awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!^^10 more cookies for you^^

winxgirl21 on June 23, 2007, 8:45:27 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21yay! more cookies! *eats cookies happily* Thanks for reviewing!