Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 28 - chapter 27

A highschool story. The Naruto characters go to Konoha High, a private school in the city of Konoha. They face all the highschool dramas: classes, grades, friends, enemies, and romance. Pairings to be revealed in later chapters.

Chapter 28 - chapter 27

Chapter 28 - chapter 27
Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto!

“Well, come on, let’s go back into the house and get some food. I’m starving!” TenTen exclaimed as she picked up her laptop.

‘This girl is something else.’ Neji thought as he stood up, shaking his head and grabbing the remaining equipment. He then followed TenTen into her house to get something to eat.

“Oh, you two are back so soon!” TenTen’s mother exclaimed, “Did you finish your project already?”

“Most of it, mom.” TenTen replied. “Has dinner been fixed yet?”

“Yes, it has, the cook fixed some steaks for us, will your friend be joining us for dinner?” TenTen’s mother questioned.

TenTen looked at Neji, who replied, “I don’t want to be a burden.”

“It’s no trouble at all! You really should stay; TenTen hardly ever has any of her friends over!” TenTen’s mother said quickly.

“Well, then, I’ll call my mother and tell her that I’ll be staying through dinner.” Neji replied.

“Ok, then! Have TenTen show you where the phone is.”

“He can just use my line; we’re going up there to put this stuff away, anyways.” TenTen said. She then turned and walked towards the stairs, with Neji following her. When they were in her room, TenTen set her laptop down on her desk and picked up her lime green phone. “Here, you can call your mom from this.” She said as she tossed it to Neji.

“Ok, thanks.” Neji said as he quickly called his mother to let her know that he wouldn’t be home for dinner. When he hung up, he turned to TenTen. “She said she doesn’t care.”

“Ok, then, lets go get some dinner.” TenTen said. They went downstairs to the dining room, where the maid had set the table. There were four places set, two on each side of the table. TenTen sat down in her usual seat, and Neji followed her and sat down next to her. Just then TenTen’s mother came in quickly.

“Oh, dear, your father won’t be joining us, TenTen; he had an emergency business meeting, and had to catch the next flight, he’ll be gone for the next couple of days.” She said.

“Oh, ok then, well, we can still have dinner, right?” TenTen asked. Her mother nodded as she went through the door into the kitchen to make sure that everything was ready.

“That’s shocking,” TenTen whispered to Neji. “Normally when dad goes on business trips we don’t eat dinner in here. We move into the kitchen. I guess because you’re here mom doesn’t want to do that.”

“Hn.” Neji replied.

“Ok, the potatoes will be ready soon, so it should only be a couple of minutes.” TenTen’s mother said as she came back into the room, and sat down at her seat across from Neji and TenTen. “So, TenTen, did you find a dress today?”

“Yea, I did.” TenTen replied.

“Really?” Her mother said happily, “What does it look like?”

“Well,” TenTen started, “it’s a green, and it’s spaghetti strap.”

“Really? How bout you try it on and show me after dinner?” her mother suggested.

“Ok, I guess.” TenTen said.

“Is that what was in your bag earlier? Your dress?” Neji asked.

“Yea, it was.” TenTen said.

“So, TenTen,” her mother started, “do you have any idea of who you would like to go to homecoming with?” She then glanced over at Neji.

TenTen blushed, but Neji seemed undisturbed by this. “No, not yet.” She said quickly. “So, mom what did you do today?”

“Oh, nothing really. I was just planning for the meeting I’m having for my Women’s group that will be held here.” TenTen’s mother went on to talk about the upcoming meeting. She went on to list her plans for flowers, what they would be having for lunch, and much more. “You know, TenTen, maybe you and your friends would like to attend. We’ll be talking about fundraising possibilities, and maybe you four could help us.”

“Um, we’ll think about it, mom, ok?” TenTen said.

“All right dear, now, Neji isn’t it?” Neji nodded as TenTen’s mother continued, “Do you play any sports or anything like that?”

“Well, I’ve played some basketball before, but I’m not sure if I’ll go out for the team or not.” He replied.

“Really?” TenTen’s mother asked. “TenTen and her friends are trying out for basketball cheerleading!”

“Actually, mom, we were thinking about it, I’m not sure if I will or not.” TenTen said sounding agitated that her mother had decided this fact for her.

“Oh, dear, you know that you’ll try out. You and your friends have been talking about it for weeks.” Her mother said.

“Yea, we talked about maybe trying out for it; we never said that we would! And why have you been eavesdropping on our conversations?” TenTen said, her voice rising.

“Well, maybe I just want to be a part of your life!” Her mother replied.

“Really? Well I want you to stay out of my life!” TenTen shouted as she sprung up from the table and ran upstairs to her room, slamming the door behind her.

“Um, you know what?” Neji said, “I think I’m going to go.”

“Oh, I’m sorry, dear, it’s just TenTen can be a little… difficult sometimes. She’s constantly arguing with her father and I.” TenTen’s mother said as she showed Neji to the door.

“Well, thank you for the invitation to dinner.” Neji said as he went outside. He realized that his limo wouldn’t be coming for another hour or so, so he decided to just walk home.

With TenTen

As soon as TenTen had slammed and locked her door, she ran to her bed and buried her face in her pillow. ‘My mother is always trying to decide my life for me, and is always trying to tell me what’s best for me. Maybe I’d want to include her more in my life if she didn’t make my decisions for me.’ TenTen thought angrily. ‘This is my life, and I’ll do what I want with it! In fact, just to spite my mother, I think I won’t try out for cheerleading at all!’ TenTen sat up with her eyes glowing fiercely, her mind decided. She would tell her friends tomorrow that she wasn’t trying out. They’d be sure to understand.

A/N: ok, so this chapter was a little difficult for me to write. It didn’t turn out how I planned it either, it took whole other direction…lolz! I guess my writing is kind of going down hill ^-^’. Well, reviews are much appreciated!

Comments

Comments (18)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kogalover2013 on October 27, 2007, 3:00:13 PM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013my inner tenten is crying acctually im bout to cry my self

winxgirl21 on October 28, 2007, 10:16:42 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21wowz...thanks for reviewing.

hirataitokyo on July 28, 2007, 8:53:17 AM

hirataitokyo on
hirataitokyoaw poor tenten but great chappi^^

winxgirl21 on July 28, 2007, 11:55:59 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21thnx ^-^

TheBestDamnThing on July 9, 2007, 2:52:53 AM

TheBestDamnThing on
TheBestDamnThingthat is my mom!!!!!she is always like that!!!they always like to question boys and meh friends!it kills meh!but great chappie!!!!write more!

winxgirl21 on July 9, 2007, 7:51:29 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks! My mom isn't like that, but i have a lot of friend's whos moms are like that ^-^

SasukesChick on July 8, 2007, 10:09:01 PM

SasukesChick on
SasukesChickmoms can be that way, and i understand tenten getting that way put i don't totally believe that just by wanting to be in her daughter's life is ruining it. My mom was never like that. So, i can't really relate.

SasukesChick on July 8, 2007, 10:09:32 PM

SasukesChick on
SasukesChickOh, and awesome chapter!!!! ^^

winxgirl21 on July 9, 2007, 7:47:18 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Yea, I just tried to make it like that because i have frineds whose parents are like that...mine isn't, she's in my life, but she's not all pushy. Thanks! ^-^

sasukeXsakuraforever on July 8, 2007, 5:37:20 AM

sasukeXsakuraforever on
sasukeXsakuraforeveraww! Poor TenTen. I feel bad for her. And poor Neji has to walk home himself. I hope the next chapter is happier!^^

winxgirl21 on July 8, 2007, 8:40:35 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21I'm not sure how the next chapter is going to turn out, but I hope it ends up happier, too...I kind of just type and the story goes where ever it ends up, lolz! ^-^

Symphoniaprincess101 on July 8, 2007, 2:52:02 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101my parents let me do whatever i want with my life they only give me advice on how to make it better and they never once embarrased me ever in my life^^ i think ur writting is still awsome keep it up!!!^^10 more cookies^^

winxgirl21 on July 8, 2007, 8:39:18 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Yea, my parents just embarass me when people are over...but they just give me advice for my life, too

eelchic on July 7, 2007, 9:15:00 AM

eelchic on
eelchicmy mom isnt that bad but my dad is apain in the *ss but great chap i think ur writting is still awsome keep it up!!! ^-^

winxgirl21 on July 7, 2007, 9:16:46 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks! Ywea, it pretty much is my dad, and then he's just trying to be funny, but all he does is get on everyone's nerves, lolz!

gaaralover1 on July 7, 2007, 7:53:36 AM

gaaralover1 on
gaaralover1Man Tenten's mom sure is pushy... I don't blame tenten for getting so mad.

winxgirl21 on July 7, 2007, 8:22:32 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21yea, I would get mad if I were TenTen. Thanks for reviewing!

crazicat06 on July 7, 2007, 5:50:38 AM

crazicat06 on
crazicat06Wow.... Ten Ten's mom is a real sweet heart. Not!
Man... I can relate to Ten Ten. My mom sometimes just butts into my life and makes a decision for me. I hate it.

finalfantasy on July 7, 2007, 7:15:27 AM

finalfantasy on
finalfantasyoh, yea, my mom just loves to do that! ^.^ i still love her, tho. great chappie, update soon!