Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - chapter 5

While cleaning out her attic,Sakura finds a beautifully encrusted bracelet.It has the Konoha symbol designed with emeralds and it has an inscription on it:To my beautiful Cherry Blossom with love yourOnyx Knight.What happened when she put it on her wrist?

Chapter 5 - chapter 5

Chapter 5 - chapter 5
Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto!

“Oh.” Sakura said as she sat down in a chair that was near by. “So I have to put up with this for as long as we’re here?”

“Put up with what?” Naruto asked.

“Being used as a pawn in my father’s plan to create an alliance. I’m nothing more than that to him, a mere pawn in his plan for power.” Sakura spat.

“Well, I wouldn’t voice that to your father, if I were you, Sakura.” Kakashi warned. “You might do something that your ancestor wouldn’t have done, although by the sound of the diary, she didn’t like it much either.”

“Well, don’t you think she would have voiced her opinion then?” Sakura argued.

“Sakura, what do you know about ladies from the Middle Ages?” Sasuke questioned knowing that Sakura knew enough to know that she shouldn’t run about voicing her opinion.

“Enough to know that peasants had it better than royalty, I don’t care what they might think, but at least most of them can marry who they choose and aren’t pawns in there fathers thirst for power.” Sakura said. “I mean, the queen can help make decisions, I know that there were many powerful queens back then, but princesses are so limited on what they can and can’t do. We don’t even have a say in who we marry!”

“Sakura, calm down. We don’t need anyone coming in here to see what has you all worked up, now do we?” Kakashi asked her.

“No, I guess that could get you guys in trouble, too.” Sakura said. “Well, I guess I’ll just read some more.”

“And we should probably get back to what we’re supposed to be doing.” Sasuke said as he turned to leave.

“But I don’t want to shovel horse poop!” Naruto exclaimed.

“Well, get used to it, dobe. We could be here for a while.” Sasuke said as he put his hand on the door.

“Guys, as soon as I figure out some stuff from the diary, I’ll come and see you guys to tell you, ok?” Sakura said, looking up from the page.

“Actually, Sakura, I don’t think you should be seen with them too often. You can summon them here, but I don’t think people need to see the princess befriending a stable boy, or talking to the guy who wanted to court her.” Kakashi said.

“I guess you’re right, sensei. But you’ll be able to go see them, won’t you? And tell them what we need to let them know? I think that you’re right, and the guys should only be called to my chambers for emergencies.” Sakura said.

“That’s a good decision, Sakura. And boys, you should only come here if you hear wind of anything that might affect any of us majorly, ok?” Kakashi said.

“Hn.” Sasuke said as he opened the door and stepped out into the hallway.

“Ok, sensei.” Naruto mumbled as he followed Sasuke out of the room to go back to the stables. Once the door was shut, Kakashi turned towards Sakura.

“Please, Sakura, don’t do anything that your ancestor wouldn’t have.” Kakashi said as he pointed towards the journal.

“Don’t worry, sensei. I’ll look to the journal before I do anything that could affect the course of history. You know I’m not like Naruto.” Sakura said.

“Well, then, I believe it’s time for me to make my leave. If you need me just send for me. I’ll be around. For now, your servants are here for you.” Kakashi said as he exited the room.

Sakura nodded, and stood up to better explore her chambers. She hadn’t had a chance to do so yet. She looked around her, her emerald eyes taking in everything. There were two doors leading from the room she was in. It appeared that she and her friends had been in a small receiving room this entire time. She decided to open up the door that was on the left, and when she did, she found her bed chamber. It was a spacious room, with a huge four post bed. The bed had curtains around it that could be drawn together for warmth. At the end of her bed was a large chest. She opened it to find some beautiful dresses. There were maybe five or six in this one chest. She looked around and found a couple other chests pushed against the walls in various parts of her room. She opened each one in turn to find various clothing items. There were more gowns, petticoats, corsets, shoes, and much more. Sakura couldn’t believe all the clothes that she had. For back then, her wardrobe wasn’t too shabby. Her ancestor really knew how to dress.

Sakura closed the chest that she was peering into. She went back through the door and entered the one on the right. It was a parlor of sorts, with a sofa type seat. There was a table and some nice chairs around it. There was a shelf that was covered in books. The room was perfect for receiving more important guests. It would also be perfect for meeting with her friends about how to get back to the future. No one would over here them, and cause a chance of any trouble.

“Princess?” Sakura heard an inquiring voice from the other room.

“I’m in here.” Sakura replied as she sat down on the sofa and pretended to have bee reading a book from the shelf.

“Oh, here you are.” Sakura looked up into the face of Ino. Ino was her best friend back home, how close had her ancestor been to Ino’s ancestor? “Reading again, I see.” She sat down next to the princess. Obviously this girl was close to her. None of the other servants had tried to sit in her presence yet. “I have something that I have to tell you. But you have to promise to not tell anyone.” Ino’s eye was gleaming.

“What is it?” Sakura inquired, looking up from her book. This girl had to have been close to her ancestor. Maybe she should have tried to read a little bit more of the diary instead of going through her clothes.

“Shikamaru asked me to join him in the library tomorrow! Oh, do you think he finally means to court me?” Ino asked, her eyes looking hopeful.

“I’m not sure. What purpose is your meeting in the library?” Sakura asked. What role did Shikamaru’s ancestor play in her court? She had no idea. He had to have some status here if Ino had her sights set on him.

“Oh, he’s reading me my star chart. And I didn’t even ask him to! Can you believe that? The king’s astronomer! Volunteering to read my star chart!” Ino exclaimed.

‘It figures,’ Sakura thought with a sweat drop, ‘staring at the stars is as close a job as he could get to cloud watching.’

A/N: Ok, so I made Ino and Sakura's ancestors best friends. I hope this chapter seems ok to you guys. I kind of had some trouble writing it. Reviews are much appreciated!

Comments

Comments (19)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kogalover2013 on November 7, 2007, 11:52:33 AM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013lollol my inner peps are screaming

winxgirl21 on November 8, 2007, 9:04:12 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21^-^

eelchic on July 16, 2007, 1:18:00 PM

eelchic on
eelchicawsome!!!!!!!!

winxgirl21 on July 16, 2007, 10:05:04 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21^-^

SasukesChick on July 15, 2007, 10:49:45 PM

SasukesChick on
SasukesChickYays, that was the awesomeness.....continue!!!!!

winxgirl21 on July 16, 2007, 8:54:05 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks! I'm hoping to update around wednesday ^-^

NightWing101 on July 13, 2007, 12:46:51 PM

NightWing101 on
NightWing101THat is totally shikamaru! That was an awsome chapter!

winxgirl21 on July 13, 2007, 10:37:12 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21lolz, thanks! ^-^

AlleyCat17 on July 13, 2007, 4:51:54 AM

AlleyCat17 on
AlleyCat17wow great chapter.

winxgirl21 on July 13, 2007, 8:51:34 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21thanks! ^-^

gaaralover1 on July 12, 2007, 2:50:10 PM

gaaralover1 on
gaaralover1Well Shikamaru could easily go outside or look out a window couldn't he?? Or are there no clouds in this story?? Anyway good chapter.. I lied the last better though.. * Chanting Gaara's a prince over and over again*

winxgirl21 on July 12, 2007, 11:45:31 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21YEa, there are clouds, but he wouldn't get paid for watchign them. Since he's the astronomer, he gets money and lives and the castle and stuffs. Thanks for reviewing! ^-^ And don't worry, tehre will be more chapters with Gaara in the future. Maybe not the next chapter, but I'm hoping to get to it soon...

sasukeXsakuraforever on July 12, 2007, 12:09:42 PM

sasukeXsakuraforever on
sasukeXsakuraforeverHa, another perfect place to stick Shikamaru! Heh, you know your stuff! ^_~ Can't wait ti'll next chapter!^^

winxgirl21 on July 12, 2007, 11:41:01 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks! It wasn't too ahrd to place him! lolz. The next chapter should be up around wednesday ^-^

waterbender00 on July 12, 2007, 10:49:20 AM

waterbender00 on
waterbender00Cooliness and first comment, yeah

winxgirl21 on July 12, 2007, 11:39:29 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21lolz, thanks for reviewing! ^-^

waterbender00 on July 12, 2007, 10:49:53 AM

waterbender00 on
waterbender00Never mind to the first comment. *sweat drop*

Symphoniaprincess101 on July 12, 2007, 10:43:56 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101awsome i can't wait to fin out what hapens next^^

winxgirl21 on July 12, 2007, 11:39:01 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks! The next chapter should be up around wednesday! ^-^