Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - chapter 6

While cleaning out her attic,Sakura finds a beautifully encrusted bracelet.It has the Konoha symbol designed with emeralds and it has an inscription on it:To my beautiful Cherry Blossom with love yourOnyx Knight.What happened when she put it on her wrist?

Chapter 6 - chapter 6

Chapter 6 - chapter 6
Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto!

‘It figures,’ Sakura thought with a sweat drop, ‘staring at the stars is as close a job as he could get to cloud watching.’

“That’s great, Ino. I’m really happy for you.” Sakura said, unsure of how to react.

“Oh, are you still upset about Sasuke?” Ino asked. “You know you two would make a great couple. It’s too bad about that treaty, though.”

“Yea, I wish my father wouldn’t use me as his pawn.” Sakura said. “I mean, Gaara’s nice and all, I guess, but Sasuke is just…”

“Perfect for you!” Ino exclaimed. “And what do you mean, Gaara’s nice? Sakura, he’s mean to everyone but you. You know that one of the servants displeased him the other day and no one has heard from them since? Someone who was standing in the hall heard a bloodcurdling scream, then saw Gaara exit the room. He is one messed up prince.”

“Oh, what am I going to do?” Sakura moaned as she leaned her head against the back of the sofa. “I don’t want to marry a crazy man!”

“You don’t have any choice, though.” Ino said, and then her face brightened up, “Unless we can get you out of here before the wedding!”

Sakura looked at Ino. What would her ancestor have said to this idea? She had no clue, but she thought Ino’s ancestor was brilliant. Should she agree to the plan? It couldn’t hurt to think about it. “Hmm…I’ll think about it. I mean, what if I’m the cause of some trouble or something?” Sakura said. As she thought on what she had just spoken, she then added, “Like the start of a war!”

Ino looked at Sakura like she was crazy, and the stood up. “Well, I must go. I’ll be back later. Tell me what you think of my plan, then, ok?”

Sakura nodded meekly, the realization finally sinking in. ‘My ancestor was the cause of the war. Princess Sakura caused the war. She didn’t want to marry the Prince, so she ran away, or refused, and that sparked the war. I have to speak with Kakashi-sensei, now!’

Sakura got up off the sofa, and walked out into the entrance room. Just as she did so, Hinata entered the room. “Hinata, could you do me a favor?”

“Yes, your highness?” Hinata asked.

“I need you to run and get Master Kakashi for me.” Sakura said.

“Right away, Princess.” Hinata said as she curtsied and hurriedly exited the room. Sakura sat down in one of the chairs to wait.

Sakura looked up at the sound of the door creaking open. Hinata walked in, followed by Kakashi. “Thank you, Hinata, you’re dismissed.” Sakura said.

Hinata exited the room, as Kakashi asked, “Sakura, what’s so important that you had to send for me?”

“This way, Kakashi-sensei, we can go into my parlor to discuss it.” Sakura said as she opened the door to the parlor. She sat down on the sofa, and Kakashi followed suit.

“Ok, Sakura, so what is it?” He asked her.

“Sensei, what if the Princess was the cause of the war? The one between Konoha and Suna?” Sakura asked.

Kakashi thought on this and then asked, “Why would you think that, Sakura?”

“Because, Ino just came in and we were talking about how Shikamaru asked her to join her in the library tomorrow for a reading of her star chart, and then we started talking about me, and Sasuke and Gaara and well…” Sakura stopped at a loss for the right words, unsure of what her sensei would think.

“And?” Kakashi pressed.

“Ino said that Gaara’s a monster, so I said I didn’t want to marry a monster. She came up with the idea of me running away, and then I said I’d think about it. But the more I thought about it, the more running away seemed to lead to something awful, like war happening. Even the refusal of the proposal by the Princess could result in war.” Sakura explained.

“Hmm. That’s very possible, Sakura.” Kakashi said as he thought on this possibility some more. “That could be the cause of the war between the two kingdoms. If the prince was serious about her, and the princess refused, anything could be possible.”

“Oh, God, what am I going to do.” Sakura groaned. “I’m going to cause a war!”

“Sakura, have you read the diary all the way through yet?” Kakashi asked.

“Well, not yet.” Sakura said, not understanding where this was going.

“Then your theory that the princess was the cause of the war has no proof. Read the diary all the way through and find out what your ancestor thought about Prince Gaara. Once you do, send for me again. Can you do that?” Kakashi asked.

“Yes, sensei, I can do that.” Sakura replied, reaching for the diary.

“And Sakura?” Kakashi added, and Sakura looked up at him, “Don’t say anything too much to Ino. Remember, this Ino might not exactly understand your predicament.”

“What’s my predicament?” Sakura asked.

“That you’re the ancestor of the Princess, who traveled back through time, and now has no clue if she is supposed to want to marry the Prince, whom the two of you have deemed crazy, or if she’s supposed to refuse to marry him.” Kakashi said simply.

“Um, ok, I won’t.” Sakura said as she tried to understand this information.

“Good.” Kakashi said as he disappeared in a puff of smoke.

'And he’s telling us to keep it low profile.’ Sakura thought with a sweat drop. ‘I’m pretty sure these people didn’t know a whole lot about jutsu.’ She sighed and opened up the diary to where she had left off. She might as well get started if she wanted to know what to do with her predicament. The last thing she read before she drifted off into the sweet unconsciousness of sleep was, ‘I fear that the Prince is just feigning being nice in order to win my heart, and then once father agrees to the marriage proposal he will be like the servants claim he is. I trust Ino with my life, and know that she would never lie to me.’ The date on the entry was the days date.

A/N: Ok, so I tried to make this chapter somewhat interesting. I also tried to put the conflict into the story, and give a little bit more information on where it’s going. Well, reviews are much appreciated! ^-^

Comments

Comments (16)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kogalover2013 on November 8, 2007, 12:03:17 PM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013k finished oooooo my inner sakura is sacared to start a war

winxgirl21 on November 8, 2007, 9:19:22 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21ya...

kogalover2013 on November 7, 2007, 12:03:44 PM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013gaara scars me k let me finish

winxgirl21 on November 8, 2007, 9:10:04 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21ya, he can be scary. Ok then! ^-^

NightWing101 on July 23, 2007, 2:13:57 AM

NightWing101 on
NightWing101oh my gosh!!! what will happens!!! I hope that what sakura chooses is the best.

winxgirl21 on July 23, 2007, 7:42:37 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks so much for reviewing! The next chapter should be up a little bit later today, but her decision won't be in it just yet. ^-^

gaaralover1 on July 18, 2007, 7:50:08 AM

gaaralover1 on
gaaralover1Cool... Nice theary sakura..

winxgirl21 on July 18, 2007, 10:27:25 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks for reviewing! ^-^

Symphoniaprincess101 on July 18, 2007, 3:37:41 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101What's Sakura going to do?Will Sasuke be happy if she runs away with him and the rest of the team?!I'M ANXIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!^^30 more cookies for u^^

winxgirl21 on July 18, 2007, 6:46:30 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21lolz, yay cookies!! ^-^ You'll have to wait and read! Expect the next chapter around monday!

AlleyCat17 on July 18, 2007, 3:26:38 AM

AlleyCat17 on
AlleyCat17great chapter and i hope she makes the right decisions.

winxgirl21 on July 18, 2007, 6:45:27 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21You'll just have to wait and see what she decides! ^-^

sasukeXsakuraforever on July 18, 2007, 2:23:29 AM

sasukeXsakuraforever on
sasukeXsakuraforeverOh no! Whats Sakura going to do?! Awesome way to keep me on the edge of my seat again! Can't wait to read more!^^

winxgirl21 on July 18, 2007, 6:44:24 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks so much for reviweing! You'll just have to wait and find out, lolz! ^-^

SasukesChick on July 17, 2007, 11:03:40 PM

SasukesChick on
SasukesChickGreat. Please continue...this is really interesting now.

winxgirl21 on July 17, 2007, 11:05:31 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks! ^-^