Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - chapter 8

While cleaning out her attic,Sakura finds a beautifully encrusted bracelet.It has the Konoha symbol designed with emeralds and it has an inscription on it:To my beautiful Cherry Blossom with love yourOnyx Knight.What happened when she put it on her wrist?

Chapter 8 - chapter 8

Chapter 8 - chapter 8
Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto!

“Well, then, I’ll just be on my way. I’ll see you at dinner tonight?” Temari asked as she stood up from her seat. Sakura nodded absentmindedly. “Ok, then. I’ll see you then.”

Sakura sat staring at the diary in her hands. Sure the entry for today had said visited with Temari, but it hadn’t said anything about her advice, or about how the marriage proposal was sooner than she had expected. Her ancestor must have suspected as much, but hadn’t written it down for fear of written words making it seem too real. She had no idea what she was going to do. There was no way she was marrying Gaara. Even his ancestor was crazy!

“My life is over.” Sakura groaned into her hands, her face buried in them.

“Come on, Sakura, you do have options you know.” Sakura looked up to find Ino plopped down on the couch beside her.

“Ino! What am I going to do?” Sakura asked.

“Well, you could always go with my plan and run away.” Ino suggested.

“I might just have to.” Sakura replied sullenly. “The only thing is, they’ll come looking for me.”

“True.” Ino replied in the same tone that Sakura had. But suddenly her face brightened up. “But what if you ran away after you were engaged. Or rather, disappeared. They don’t know anything; you could have been kidnapped for all that they know.”

“True.” Sakura said, deep in thought. “I don’t know. Let’s wait until the Prince proposes, ok?”

“Fair enough, but you’d better tell me as soon as he does so we can get your life straightened out.” Ino said as she stood up. “Now, if you’ll excuse me, I believe I saw a handsome young man waiting at the door to your room when I entered. Allow me to let him in.”

Sakura wondered who it was, but nothing could have prepared her for the person that entered her room. Sakura looked up and her emerald eyes met his onyx ones. “Sasuke? Why are you here? Did something happen to Naruto?” Sakura asked worriedly.

“No, Naruto’s fine. I came here with some news. Apparently Prince Kankuro is the head of Suna’s army.” Sasuke said, looking intently at Sakura. She nodded and motioned for him to take a seat next to her.

“Go on.” She prompted her friend.

“Well, it looks like Gaara’s going to propose either tomorrow, or the day after. He and his father just came back with Kankuro.” Sasuke said.

Sakura’s eyes widened. “I-I had no idea. I knew it was soon, but not that soon. Temari stopped by earlier. And…And I’ll just have to delay it, somehow…I’ll…just…” She was growing paler by the second.

Sasuke put his hand over hers. “Sakura, you can’t stop him. He’ll become suspicious of you. Of us. You aren’t supposed to know when it happens, remember?” Sakura just nodded her head yes and started crying silent tears.

“Why is my life falling apart? Why? I wish I’d never found that box in the attic! I wish I’d never found any of this!” Sakura said in a hysterical voice. “What am I going to do? Oh, Sasuke, what am I going to do?” She looked up at him, the tears brimming her eyes.

“Sakura, this is your decision. I can’t help you here.” Sasuke said. Just then there was a poof of smoke and Kakashi entered the room. Sasuke quickly took his hand off of hers.

“Ah, I see young romance blooming.” Kakashi said observantly, obviously noticing Sasuke’s hand before he’d had a chance to move it.

Sakura blushed crimson, while Sasuke just glared at his sensei. “Sensei, Sasuke has found out when the prince intends to propose.” Sakura said quietly.

“Oh? And when would this be?” Kakashi questioned.

“Within the next two days.” Sasuke mumbled.

“Really, then? And Sakura, what do you intend to do?” Kakashi said looking at his student.

Sakura took a deep breath and glanced at Sasuke before looking back at her sensei and giving him her answer. “I’m going to accept.” Sasuke looked up at her a little too quickly thank necessary, his anger barely evident in his face, but there.

“Really?” Kakashi asked.

Sakura nodded. “Just until I figure out what to do further. If he thinks I’m accepting the marriage, I’ll have more time to think. Even if I refuse the marriage, the king will force me into it.”

“I see. And what hair brained scheme has Ino filled your head with this time?” Kakashi asked.

Sakura blushed again, this time more lightly. “She still thinks I should run away from here. The only problem is that they’ll look for me. How far could I actually get before someone recognized me, or the guards found me?”

“True. Running away is definitely not the answer. At least not for now. And as for that bracelet on your wrist?” Sakura looked down to see the bracelet still there, having never taken it of.

“Yes, sensei?” Sakura asked.

“Give it to Sasuke to hold on to. I know Naruto would loose it, and I can’t have women’s jewelry in my room. Sasuke is the best option for now.” Kakashi said.

Sakura looked down at the bracelet and undid the clasp. She handed it to Sasuke. “Please, Sasuke, don’t lose it. It could be part of the way home for us.” She said quietly.

“Don’t worry, Sakura, I definitely won’t.” Sasuke said tucking it into a pocket in his pants.

“Good, now Sasuke?” Kakashi said.

“Hn.” Sasuke replied, looking at his sensei.

“Don’t make a habit of visiting our Princess here too often. Remember, you want to marry her.” Kakashi said.

“But sensei, his ancestor wanted to marry my ancestor. It has nothing top do with the two of us right now.” Sakura pointed out. ‘Sadly.’ Inner-Sakura added to her point.

“Says you, Sakura.” Kakashi said. Sakura just knew he was smirking behind that mask. She blushed at her sensei’s remark, and Sasuke just glared another hole through his teacher’s head.

“Well, Sasuke, we best be leaving.” Kakashi said as he disappeared in another puff of smoke.

“Well, see you around, Sasuke.” Sakura said to her teammate, her face still holding a faint blush.

“Hn.” Sasuke said as he stuck his hands into his pockets and stormed off.

‘Was it something I said?’ Sakura thought, ‘Or was it what Kakashi-sensei said?’

A/N: ok, so I’ve been asked to put some SasukeSakura in here, and I tried this chapter. It’s a little bit harder than I thought it would be. I hope Sasuke doesn’t seem too OOC! Reviews are much appreciated!

Comments

Comments (27)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kogalover2013 on November 8, 2007, 12:27:26 PM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013my inner sakura is yell shut up stupid kakashie

winxgirl21 on November 8, 2007, 10:34:38 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21^-^ kakashi can be annoying at times...

1mangalover on August 2, 2007, 8:27:13 AM

1mangalover on
1mangaloverSasuke + OOC = AWESOME!!!  I luv it! *favz*

1mangalover on August 2, 2007, 8:28:15 AM

1mangalover on
1mangaloverthis is awesome, btw. sasuke isnt that OOC, but there are little bits and pieces... ^^

winxgirl21 on August 2, 2007, 1:31:12 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks so much. ^-^

uchihacrimson on August 1, 2007, 11:54:46 PM

uchihacrimson on
uchihacrimsonOOC?!?! NO! IT'S PERFECT x3 omfg I LOVE THIS STORY

winxgirl21 on August 2, 2007, 1:44:07 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks! It seems everyone thinks he's not OOc. That's good. ^-^ I'm glad tath yuo like the story so much ^-^. I'm hoping to update tonight if I have time.

Symphoniaprincess101 on August 2, 2007, 4:32:20 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY^^

winxgirl21 on August 2, 2007, 1:33:38 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Actually, it's going to have to be tomorrow, it's almost midnight here and i just got home...But I have the chapters finished, I'm just too out of it to put them up...>.<

PinkAngel101 on July 30, 2007, 1:54:27 AM

PinkAngel101 on
PinkAngel101SWEET ^^^ hey wat does OOC mean,..

winxgirl21 on July 30, 2007, 7:11:19 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks ^-^ and yes, it means out of character, I'm always afraid I make the characters act unlike themselves ^-^'

PinkAngel101 on July 31, 2007, 1:36:59 AM

PinkAngel101 on
PinkAngel101OOOOOOOOO ARIGOTO

winxgirl21 on July 31, 2007, 4:19:18 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21np ^-^

Symphoniaprincess101 on July 30, 2007, 9:52:04 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101no thier fine^^

winxgirl21 on July 30, 2007, 10:02:37 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21thnx ^-^

Symphoniaprincess101 on July 30, 2007, 3:29:21 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101OOC means out of charecter.

gaaralover1 on July 29, 2007, 11:20:14 AM

gaaralover1 on
gaaralover1FINALLY!! and STOP PICKING ON GAARA!!!!!! * Cries*

winxgirl21 on July 29, 2007, 10:20:42 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Sorry! *gives you whole package of Gaara shaped cookies* That's just how I ned him to be for the story. Believe it or not, but my two favorite characters are Sakura and Gaara. I think Gaara's one of the best characters...

Symphoniaprincess101 on July 29, 2007, 10:05:04 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101I agree with Sasukeschick and sasukeXsakuraforever awsome =^_^=

winxgirl21 on July 29, 2007, 10:19:03 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks! I'm really glad that you think so! ^-^

waterbender00 on July 29, 2007, 10:00:31 AM

waterbender00 on
waterbender00The SasuSaju Moment was SOOO CUTE

winxgirl21 on July 29, 2007, 10:18:30 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks! ^-^ Glad that you think so!

TheBestDamnThing on July 29, 2007, 4:16:52 AM

TheBestDamnThing on
TheBestDamnThingHe doesnt neccecarily but maybe he needs to be just a lil bit more ...u know...smooth talking.but this is a great chappie i deffinatly love this one.Poor sasuke ...he knos he loves her!

winxgirl21 on July 29, 2007, 6:34:18 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks for the suggestion. I'm pretty much afraid to put too much in there with them cuz I'm afraid it'll make him seem too OOC >.< *sigh* Yes, hge does know that he loves her. When he realizes that he knows it will be the good part. ^-^

TheBestDamnThing on July 29, 2007, 6:40:09 AM

TheBestDamnThing on
TheBestDamnThingyes very good!i cant wait i love this story along with konoha high!!!sasuke is gonna go storming through the doors of the chaples screaming"I OBJECT!!!". lOlz yea....

winxgirl21 on July 29, 2007, 6:46:49 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21lolz, hmm...'m not sure what he's gonna do just yet...Thanks so much! I'm glad that you like them! ^-^

TheBestDamnThing on July 30, 2007, 6:28:33 AM

TheBestDamnThing on
TheBestDamnThingur very welcome!i will be looking for u on the teen choice awards as best teen author!

winxgirl21 on July 30, 2007, 7:13:11 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21o, thanks so much! But i doubt I'll make it that far. My story ideas don't really go very far, lolz ^-^

SasukesChick on July 29, 2007, 3:50:33 AM

SasukesChick on
SasukesChickAwwwwwwwwwwwwww, that's adorable.......SasuSaku!!!!!!!!!!! ^__^ Thank you, and continue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^_____^

winxgirl21 on July 29, 2007, 3:52:52 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks! Don't worry, I'm def. going to continue! ^-^

sasukeXsakuraforever on July 29, 2007, 2:52:35 AM

sasukeXsakuraforever on
sasukeXsakuraforeveraww! Sasuke's not OOC'd at all. I love it that way! Very nice SasukeSakura moment there. Very cute!^^

winxgirl21 on July 29, 2007, 3:46:17 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks! ^-^

AmmyK on July 28, 2007, 3:08:41 PM

AmmyK on
AmmyKgoooooood!

winxgirl21 on July 28, 2007, 11:39:28 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks ^-^!

NightWing101 on July 28, 2007, 2:20:11 PM

NightWing101 on
NightWing101ooooooooo nice!!!

winxgirl21 on July 28, 2007, 11:38:51 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thnx! ^-^

xxYaoiNinjaGirlxx on July 28, 2007, 1:39:31 PM

xxYaoiNinjaGirlxx on
xxYaoiNinjaGirlxxvery good!

winxgirl21 on July 28, 2007, 11:38:16 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks! ^-^