Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - chapter 9

While cleaning out her attic,Sakura finds a beautifully encrusted bracelet.It has the Konoha symbol designed with emeralds and it has an inscription on it:To my beautiful Cherry Blossom with love yourOnyx Knight.What happened when she put it on her wrist?

Chapter 9 - chapter 9

Chapter 9 - chapter 9
Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto!

‘Was it something I said?’ Sakura thought, ‘Or was it what Kakashi-sensei said?’

Sakura quickly forgot about her thoughts, though, for soon Ino came back in.

“Princess?” Ino said.

‘Why is Ino being so…formal? Is something wrong?’ Sakura wondered

“Are you ready for dinner?” Ino asked as she entered the room and bowed to Sakura. Something none of the maids did, her ancestor had really hated formalities.

“Yes, Ino, I am.” Sakura said. Her eyes sent a questioning look in Ino’s direction. Ino just looked behind her through the doors. There was obviously someone there that Sakura couldn’t see.

“There’s someone here who wishes to escort you to the dining hall.” Ino said as she stepped aside to allow Sakura to pass.

“Thank you, Ino.” Sakura said as her friend mouthed the word Gaara. Sakura paled at the thought of him proposing to her tonight. She walked through the door and saw Gaara. She curtsied to him while she addressed him. “Prince Gaara.”

He bowed to Sakura as he took her hand and kissed it lightly. “You look lovely tonight.”

“Thank you.” Sakura said.

“May I escort you to dinner?” Gaara asked.

“Yes, of course.” Sakura replied. If she had any doubts at all, she certainly didn’t show them. And doubts were definitely flying through her head. ‘I just have to keep conversation away from weddings and such. How hard can that be? The dining hall can’t be that far from here.’ But it proved to be very hard, indeed.

“So, what have you thought about the weather lately?” Sakura asked.

“It’s been nice, I guess.” Gaara replied. “Perfect for hunting.”

“Yea, it has been.” Sakura said. “Kiba’s been kept really busy with the dogs lately.”

“Is Kiba your dog handler?” Gaara inquired.

“Yea, he is. The best in all of Konoha.” Sakura said. She hadn’t actually met the guy yet, but that’s what she had heard from her maids.

“Oh, really? I would like to see his dogs then.” Gaara said.

“You should go see them while you’re here.” Sakura replied.

“Maybe you’d like to come with me tomorrow?” Gaara asked her.

“Well, I’m not sure. It’s all the way across the grounds; you can’t even see the castle from there.” Sakura said. She so did not want to go there with him, what if he proposed?

“Maybe you could bring a body guard.” Gaara suggested.

“Yes, Sasuke would be perfect for the job. I suppose we can. I’ll send him a note when we return.” Sakura said, knowing that choosing Sasuke wasn’t the smartest thing, especially by the way Gaara’s face darkened when she mentioned his name.

“Yes, I’m sure he would be happy to assist you.” Gaara said, the displeasure apparent in his voice. “So, Sakura, what do you think of Suna? From what you’ve heard?” Gaara asked, switching the subject.

“Well, it’s definitely not as vegetated as Konoha.” Sakura commented. ‘Oh, no! He’s switching the subject! To what I think about his village of all things! I have to change the topic!’

“Hm, yes, but we have a lovely palace garden.” Gaara commented. “Almost as lovely as yours.”

Sakura laughed nervously. “Really? Well, I can’t imagine anything lovelier than my gardens. You know our gardeners are selected from only the finest in the land. Our head gardener Shino can make the most amazing plants bloom!”

“Really?” Gaara said, clearly uninterested. Sakura nodded her head, and then started rambling on about the gardens, not giving Gaara a chance to speak until they arrived at the Dining Hall.

“Thank you for escorting me to dinner, Prince Gaara.” Sakura said.

“It was my pleasure.” Gaara replied, bowing to kiss Sakura’s hand again. They entered the dining hall, and Sakura noticed Sasuke sitting at one of the long tables, obviously away from the direction Gaara was taking her in. He saw her and lifted his chin in acknowledgement. Sakura looked around and then found Naruto sitting next to Iruka, an obvious pout on his face. She made a mental note to visit the stables soon, maybe after dinner. She looked to the table that she was expected to sit at, and saw Kakashi at the end. Unfortunately, it was the opposite end of where she was supposed to sit. Sakura then saw her empty seat, right next to her father, with Gaara across from her. Sakura sighed mentally, ‘This is going to be a long night.’

Once Sakura had finished her meal, and people were starting to leave, she stood up, said goodnight top her father, and caught up with Sasuke on his way out.

“Sasuke, will you please accompany me to the stables? I have a request that I would like to ask of you.” Sakura said, not wanting to reveal his job around all of these people. She knew she was breaking Kakashi’s rule, but she had to talk to Sasuke, so why not visit the stables as well?

“Hn.” Sasuke replied as he walked next to Sakura as she led the way to the stables.

When they were inside Sakura greeted Iruka. “Hello, Iruka. I’ve come to visit with my horses, would you please give us some time to ourselves?”

“Of course, Your Highness.” Iruka said as he made a motion to go and grab Naruto, but Sakura shook her head no. Iruka bowed to her and exited the stable, closing the doors behind him.

“So, Sakura, what was it you wanted to ask me?” Sasuke asked his friend.

“Well, you see, Gaara wants me to go to the dog pound with him tomorrow. Since it’s all the way on the other side of the castle grounds, I told him that I feel uncomfortable going all the way there since we can’t see the castle. He suggested I bring a body guard, and I chose you to come.” Sakura said.

“Sakura, you know that you shouldn’t have done that, but I guess I have no choice. I can’t defy the Princes. That could cause trouble.” Sasuke said as he ran his hand through his hair.

“Thank you , Sasuke!” Sakura said as she threw her arms around his neck. Sasuke didn’t object until Naruto looked wide-eyed at him. Sasuke never let Sakura hug him. Once Sakura had let go of him she said, “I really just don’t want to be alone with him. He won’t bring up the subject of marriage if there’s someone else with us.”

“Hn.” Sasuke said.

“Naruto, I saw how you looked unhappy at dinner, what’s wrong?” Sakura asked.

“It’s no fun.” Naruto said. “All I do is work, and then I see teme out on that field with the other knights, and he gets to fight, and then you and Kakashi-sensei get to sit in your castle all day and you get to do whatever you want.”

“Naruto, you wanna know something?” Sakura asked her friend.

“What?” Naruto asked.

“If I had a choice, I’d switch places with you. I mean, I’m about to be proposed to by a physco. Do you really think that all we do is sit in the castle and do whatever I want? What we do is think of ways to get out of here, what I’m going to do when he proposes, and a whole bunch of stuff that I wish wasn’t happening to me.”

Naruto just looked at her while Sasuke said, “Sakura, calm down. Naruto, can you lay of, Sakura’s really stressed right now.”

“When did you start siding with Sakura?” Naruto asked Sasuke. Something was up with him.

“Since I thought she was right, dobe.” Sasuke replied. Naruto thought about this and then decided that Sasuke’s reasoning was good enough for him.

“You know what really sucks?” Naruto asked his friends. They shook there heads no. “This place has no ramen! I mean, how can they not have ramen!”

“It wasn’t invented yet, Naruto. It probably won’t be invented for a couple hundred of years at the least.” Sakura said.

“But I miss eating ramen.” Naruto said.

“Well, as soon as we can figure out how to get home, you can get some, Naruto.” Sakura said, her mind was now elsewhere. Naruto went on babbling about how he missed ramen as Sasuke sat there looking bored. ‘I’ve really missed their company, and what, it’s been two days? What am I going to do if we can’t figure out how to get home? There has to be some way, I’m just not sure how.’ Sakura went on to think of some possible way that they could get themselves home.

She was snapped out of her thoughts by Naruto waving a hand in front of her face and Sasuke looking at with a concerned look on his face. “Sakura? Heellooo? Are you there?”

“Sorry, what did you say?” Sakura asked looking at her blonde friend.

“I asked you what you’re going to do tomorrow. You know, with the prince and all.” Naruto said.

“Sakura, are you okay?” Sasuke asked her.

“Yea, I’m fine. I’m just worried.” Sakura said.

“What are you worried about?” Naruto asked curiously.

“Well, about you guys. And me. What are we going to do? It’s already been two days, and we’re not any closer to getting home than when we first tried.” Sakura said, looking perplexed and upset at the same time.

Suddenly she felt arms wrap around her and she looked up to find both of her friends hugging her. “Don’t worry, Sakura, we’re going to get through all of this together.” Naruto said.

“He’s right.” Sasuke said. “Even if you have to marry that guy, you’re allowed to take a small group of choice people with you. I remember learning that somewhere, we won’t let anything happen to you.”

Sakura’s eyes started watering as hugged her friends back. “I don’t know what I would do without you guys.” Naruto released Sakura from his grip, but looked over at Sasuke and saw that he and Sakura were still holding on to each other. They didn’t even seem to realize that Naruto had let go.

“Are you two not telling me something?” Naruto asked his friends.

“Wha-what?” Sakura asked as she and Sasuke immediately let go of each other. “No, we’re all just friends. And I’m glad that I have friends like you guys.” Sakura looked over at Sasuke. He had just been trying to comfort her, right? That was all it was. But then, why hadn’t he let go at the same time as Naruto?

A/N: Ok, so this is my longest chapter yet. Almost 5 pages on Microsoft Word! And yea, I know that Sasuke’s a little OOC in the stable, but it’s kind of hard with him. Also, it’s obvious why Kiba’s the dog handler, but Shino’s the gardener because when I think of planting things, I immediately think of bugs. *shudders* Well, reviews are much appreciated!

Comments

Comments (17)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kogalover2013 on November 8, 2007, 12:43:01 PM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013ooo saskue aaaaa SOOOO cute me and my inner sakura shift into dream mode

winxgirl21 on November 8, 2007, 10:35:43 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21^-^

zerotimberwolf on August 24, 2007, 10:50:21 AM

zerotimberwolf on
zerotimberwolfNaruto missing his ramen: funny
Sasuke and Sakura hugging: sweet

awesome job

winxgirl21 on August 25, 2007, 12:33:33 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks! ^-^

PinkAngel101 on August 6, 2007, 1:44:57 AM

PinkAngel101 on
PinkAngel101awe sweet sasusaku moment ^^

winxgirl21 on August 6, 2007, 3:12:47 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks ^-^

sasukeXsakuraforever on August 5, 2007, 7:25:03 AM

sasukeXsakuraforever on
sasukeXsakuraforeverawww! I really loved that sasusaku moment! Sooo kawaii!!! This is so awesome, good job!!^^

winxgirl21 on August 5, 2007, 11:17:52 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks! ^-^

SasukesChick on August 3, 2007, 1:05:33 PM

SasukesChick on
SasukesChickNice work........SasuSaku!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Continue...........please!!!!

winxgirl21 on August 3, 2007, 1:10:13 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks! ^-^ Expect an update around wednesday

SasukesChick on August 3, 2007, 1:13:17 PM

SasukesChick on
SasukesChickk

digimonlover06 on August 3, 2007, 11:13:50 AM

digimonlover06 on
digimonlover06I love your stories!!! Keep up the good work!!!

winxgirl21 on August 3, 2007, 11:14:53 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks! ^-^

Symphoniaprincess101 on August 3, 2007, 10:30:25 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101*sing-song vo=ice*I'm senceing romance^^*normall voice*Awsome 40 cookies^^

winxgirl21 on August 3, 2007, 11:14:28 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks! ^-^ yay! More cookies!

Symphoniaprincess101 on August 4, 2007, 4:43:45 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101^-^

TheBestDamnThing on August 3, 2007, 7:44:37 AM

TheBestDamnThing on
TheBestDamnThingOMG!!IM GONNA CRY!!*starts to tear up* have u seen the movie marie antoinett it might be able to help u understand these things...oh and sasuke is now a total HOTTY!!and gaara is now SEXI !!XD!!!!poor naruto!i miss ramen too!mom forgot to be meh sum!DX!

winxgirl21 on August 3, 2007, 7:48:06 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Yes, I love the movie Marie Antoinette! I've been looking towards it a bit for some inspiration for this, adn then i look towards some of my favorite books that are time based in the Middle Ages for more inspiration! ^-^ Your mom forgot to buy ramen?! *gasps* that's awful!

TheBestDamnThing on August 3, 2007, 7:57:48 AM

TheBestDamnThing on
TheBestDamnThingi kno!!!!i spasificly told her to!and does she listin*sniffles* NO!!!SHE DONT!

winxgirl21 on August 3, 2007, 8:00:49 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21That's not good at all! My mom just buys it and keeps a bunch of it in the pantry. She ormally eats it when we're at school, but this summer I've been eating it, lolz! ^-^

TheBestDamnThing on August 3, 2007, 8:18:59 AM

TheBestDamnThing on
TheBestDamnThingwell that is what happens to me!im an only child why do i have to go through this!!well im not an only child all my 4 sisters are grown and gone.ya im going to stay the night at my best friend/sister who is 20 tonight!ya rock on!!!but she is kinda sad...she had a miscarage last weekend.but she still rox!she rox ur sox!

winxgirl21 on August 3, 2007, 8:26:42 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Oh, that's sad! You're lucky to be the youngest adn the only one left at home now. I'm the oldest, and have two little sisters who are constantly bothering me. We actually get into fights so bad I'm surprised taht we don't kill each other...

TheBestDamnThing on August 3, 2007, 9:52:14 AM

TheBestDamnThing on
TheBestDamnThingi always wanted a little sister.but i have a neibore name hunter..he is ten and im like his older sister.he learns alot from me.and ya we do get into fights but i worry about him...he is crazy he is always trying perfect these stunts on a dirt bike or 4 wheeler.and when he gets like a scrape or a cut im always like,"OMG hunter are u ok what happend?""oh nothing really""are you an idiot?*slapps him*" some times it scares me how instead of acting like a sister i act more like a mom as in worring so much.sometimes when i run home crying my mom has to reasure me that he is only 10 and he hasnt been through what i have.thats when i try my best to act more like a sister and be there and be strong.

winxgirl21 on August 3, 2007, 11:18:51 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Yea, my neighbor is 11 (turning 12 in december) and he has a little dirt bike thing, and he's always trying to do these crazy things on it...My little sister just turned 12, and she's a major tom-boy. She and my neighbor play with frogs and stuff all the time...*shivers* there favorite hobby is chasing me with Pancakes, the neighbors poisonous frog...I'm so scared they're going to kill themselves by forgetting to wash their hands. >.<

TheBestDamnThing on August 4, 2007, 11:43:08 AM

TheBestDamnThing on
TheBestDamnThingi understand *nod nod*

winxgirl21 on August 4, 2007, 11:47:36 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21^-^

TheBestDamnThing on August 5, 2007, 7:51:48 AM

TheBestDamnThing on
TheBestDamnThingMOM BOUGHT ME RAMEN 2DAY!!!!

winxgirl21 on August 5, 2007, 11:18:29 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21really? Awesome! yay, ramen!!

TheBestDamnThing on August 6, 2007, 2:33:35 AM

TheBestDamnThing on
TheBestDamnThing*dances around with ramen cup* ramen ramen come and get ur ramen....i make this tribute to the guy who invented ramen noodles ...who died reasonly...rest in peace noodle man..

winxgirl21 on August 6, 2007, 5:22:12 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21yes, may he rest in epace. He contributed a very great thing to the world. RAMEN! lolz ^-^

Symphoniaprincess101 on August 6, 2007, 10:09:05 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101U girls are Spazzes it's funny^0^

winxgirl21 on August 6, 2007, 11:05:03 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Ya, I know ^o^ it's fun though, lolz!

TheBestDamnThing on August 7, 2007, 5:48:36 AM

TheBestDamnThing on
TheBestDamnThingya beings spazzes are fun!!!!!!!lolz ya!!!!oh the comment thing is down again but i found a way to veiw ur comments...hit view all comments when ur on ur profile....try to tell all ur friends

winxgirl21 on August 7, 2007, 5:52:17 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21ok, I def. will! Oh, btw, i just finished updateing Konoha high: the homecoming, and this one is next! ^-^