Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 17 - chapter 17

While cleaning out her attic,Sakura finds a beautifully encrusted bracelet.It has the Konoha symbol designed with emeralds and it has an inscription on it:To my beautiful Cherry Blossom with love yourOnyx Knight.What happened when she put it on her wrist?

Chapter 17 - chapter 17

Chapter 17 - chapter 17
Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto!

“Ino,” Sakura gasped, “that’s the signal.”

“You’d better go. You don’t know how long you’ll have.” Ino said.

“Right.” Sakura said as she started climbing out the window, already pushing chakra to her feet. When she was out side the window she turned to her friend, “Bye, Ino. I’ll never forget you.” She then walked down the side of the castle, and made her way to the stable, praying that Naruto was ready for her to come, and praying that that was really the signal. She walked casually, so that if anyone saw her, they wouldn’t think anything was wrong. The Princess was just out for a walk before she was married, going to be with her horse. When Sakura arrived at the stables, she opened the door a crack and slipped inside. Naruto was waiting for her.

“Is Iruka gone?” Sakura asked quietly. She wasn’t taking any chances that he was still around.

“Ya, he went to the castle to help to with some stuff.” Naruto said. “We have the stable to ourselves. Come on, I’ll show you where my room is incase someone comes in.”

Sakura merely nodded her head as she followed Naruto up a ladder, into a loft that had a few dividing pieces of wood setup. Sakura looked past one and saw that it was a teeny, tiny room. It was extremely tiny compared to the way that Sakura had been living and it had hay piled in a corner of the room with a blanket on top to serve as a bed. There were hooks with a change of spare clothes on it, but that was about it there than a broken shard of a mirror. It was horrible, yet Naruto hadn’t complained to her once about it.

“Naruto.” Sakura said. “I can’t believe you haven’t said something to me about this.”

Naruto shrugged. “What was there to say? I couldn’t go asking you for a bigger room. People would become suspicious. So I’ve just been putting up with it. Besides, if my ancestor could live this way, so can I!”

‘Naruto’s acting really mature. Back home he would’ve been whining worse than ever.’ Sakura thought to herself. “Ya, you’re right.”

“So, make yourself comfortable. You can sit on the bed if you want.” Naruto motioned to the pile of straw in the corner. “If someone comes you can hide in it. That way no one should figure out you’re here. Sasuke and Kakashi-sensei should be here soon, anyways.”

“Ok.” Sakura said, sitting down on top of the blanket, placing her sack next to her. She had almost forgotten she was carrying it, and when she set it down she saw the imprint that the rope had left on her hands. She sighed as she rubbed her hands together, hoping that it would help the imprint disappear faster. “So, Naruto, how do you think all of this is going to work out?”

“I think it’s going to all be ok.” Naruto said firmly. “Kakashi-sensei wouldn’t do anything that could possibly end up with us getting hurt.”

“Ya, you’re right.” Sakura said. “Naruto, are you nervous at all?”

“…”She was answered by silence.

“Because I am.” Sakura said with a sigh. “Just thinking about how this is all my fault in the first place, and how one little detail wrong could destroy history as we know it, it scares me. A lot.”

“Don’t worry, Sakura. Everything will be fine. And you won’t screw up.” Naruto said. “You just have to believe in yourself, ok?”


“Alright.” Sakura said, still sounding unsure of all this herself.

“Well, just remember that we’re going to protect you no matter what. Nothing will happen to you.” Naruto said, flashing Sakura a grin.

Sakura smiled a small smile at him. “Thanks, Naruto.” Just then, the hurried footsteps of someone running were heard from outside.

“Sakura, quick! Into the hay!” Naruto whispered frantically. Sakura didn’t hesitate to do as she was told. She was nervous, and now she was frightened. She became even more frightened when she heard that the voice wasn’t Sasuke’s or Kakashi’s.

“Naruto, what are you doing up here?” Sakura realized that it was Iruka. “I thought I told you to muck out the stables.”

“I already did, Iruka.” Naruto said. “Go look for yourself. Oh, and when your finished someone from over at the palace came looking for you. They need you help in the great hall or something.”

“Again? I was just over at the palace. I guess I’d better go.” With that Sakura heard footsteps going down the stairs, getting fainter with each step. She lay still until she heard Naruto’s voce.

“Sakura, you can come out now.” Naruto said.

“Are you sure?” came her voice in a whisper.

“Yes. I wouldn’t lie to you.” Naruto said.

“Alright.” Sakura crawled out from the hay, turning towards the mirror shard to get the hay out of her hair. “How much longer do you think it’ll be before they get here?”

“It shouldn’t be too long, Sakura. Be patient.” Naruto said.

‘This coming from the guy who doesn’t know the meaning of the word patient.’ Sakura thought. Just then, more footsteps sounded in the hall, Naruto looked at Sakura and she sighed as she buried herself in the hay again.

“Naruto, where’s Sakura?” Sakura heard someone say. If her ears weren’t deceiving her, it was Sasuke.

“I don’t know. She never came.” Sakura heard Naruto say.

“What do you mean she never came?” Sasuke’s voice darkened.

“She just never showed up.” Naruto said. Sakura let out a small gasp, she couldn’t believe Naruto was trying to take this father than necessary.

“What was that?” Sasuke’s voice said, and Sakura heard footsteps coming towards the hay where she was hidden. Suddenly, the blanket was thrown off, revealing some of her pink hair, and the hay on top of her soon followed.

“Sasuke!” Sakura exclaimed as she threw her arms around said boy’s neck. Sasuke returned the embrace, and then turned his head to glare at Naruto.

“It was just a joke, Sasuke.” Naruto said, rubbing the back of his head.

“Naruto,” Kakashi said, “this is no joking matter. One screw up and it’s all over. And we have more pressing matters than your little games right now. The Suna army is preparing to march. There seems to be an uproar about the marriage.”

A/N: Ok, so, there should be one more chapter after this. I added things that didn’t really have to be in here to make it longer, but hopefully it still gets the point across. Reviews are much appreciated! Also, check out my online bro (he's part of my FAC family) rffraff05's story, Naruto's Drea: One Year of Training. http://www.fanart-central.net/story-47579.php It's really awesome!

Comments

Comments (14)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kogalover2013 on November 8, 2007, 1:43:10 PM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013lol narutos dead is wat my inner sakura is thinkin

winxgirl21 on November 8, 2007, 11:18:01 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21haha, Sasuke's gonna burn him to a crisp. ^-^

kagome99 on September 24, 2007, 7:04:45 AM

kagome99 on
kagome99YAY!CAN'T WAIT!I'VE BEEN HYPER ALL DAY AND EVEN GOT IN TROUBLE FOR TALKING THROUGH A STUPID VIDEO AND HAD LUNCH DETENTION.IT WAS ACTUALLY REALLY FUN!

PEACE LOVE AND A SNICKERS BAR.

winxgirl21 on September 24, 2007, 7:09:41 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Lunch detention? What's that? is it like detention during lunch? (sorry, we never really had lunch detention...my middle school was really small, and they didn't really do much more than take away recess. And my highschool just hands out detentions for tuesdays and thrusdays, or saturday if you're really bad....)

yay, snickers bar! lolz ^-^

kagome99 on September 26, 2007, 4:44:49 AM

kagome99 on
kagome99at our school,lunch detention means you have incomplete and have go get your lunch and go back to that teacher's classroom and eat there or,you get in trouble in the lunch room and have to get your lunch and eat it up on the stage in silence.no one is alouded to talk up there or you get a referral(spell?).
i actually liked it.YAY ME!

winxgirl21 on September 26, 2007, 6:39:04 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21ah,. We used to have lunch at my middle school. You had to sit in complete silence or sit by the vafeteria lady, and if you talked, recess got taken away...>.< Now we just have someone making sure we don't kill each other in the cafeteria, but other than that, we can do whatever we want. Well, if we break the school rules we get in trouble. But I don't think anyone's taht stupid, because the teachers eat in a room taht's off our cafeteria. They'd probably know really quickly...lolz.

So did you have to go sit in a teachers clas room? We've done taht before, but i think it was because my friend was really upset or something and the teacher wanted us to stay up there with her while she ate...

kagome99 on September 27, 2007, 4:46:18 AM

kagome99 on
kagome99no but last year i did.there was like 3 classes in there.since im such a "model student",i got leave early.
this time i was up on the stage.

winxgirl21 on September 27, 2007, 6:00:01 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21ah. lolz. 'model student'? that sounds like something my teachers would end up doign too...Hmm, we don't have a stage in our cafeteria...they probably think we'd trash it, which is right. my middle school did, though, and so did my elementary school...

Symphoniaprincess101 on September 22, 2007, 2:19:32 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101OMG*SQWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*Awsome^^*2 bags of strawberry pocky*^^

winxgirl21 on September 22, 2007, 12:47:46 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21yay! thankies! *eats pocky*

rffraff05 on September 21, 2007, 12:51:42 PM

rffraff05 on
rffraff05Just like Naruto to pull a prank during a seroius time! i can't wait for the last chapter!

winxgirl21 on September 22, 2007, 12:45:38 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21ya, I know. lolz ^-^

gaaralover1 on September 21, 2007, 12:35:53 PM

gaaralover1 on
gaaralover1COOL!!! MORE MORE MORE!!1

winxgirl21 on September 22, 2007, 12:41:42 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21lolz, I should update next friday, hopefully. ^-^

zerotimberwolf on September 21, 2007, 12:14:27 PM

zerotimberwolf on
zerotimberwolfof course naruto pulled the prank, would you expect anything less. LMAO

winxgirl21 on September 22, 2007, 12:39:03 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Ya, i know. lolz ^-^

sasukeXsakuraforever on September 21, 2007, 11:53:22 AM

sasukeXsakuraforever on
sasukeXsakuraforeverlolz! Nice prank Naruto! xD haha! and ZOMG and uproar already?! Dang, hurry up and get out of there you guys!! Please continue soon, It's getting very exciting!!

winxgirl21 on September 22, 2007, 12:34:11 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks! Ya, I can totally see Naruto doing something like that...especially during such a stressful time...lolz. ^-^