Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 18 - chapter 18

The gang from Konoha High is back, and guess what? Homecoming is fast approaching! Join the Naruto characters as they struggle yet again with classes, grades, friends, enemies, and romance. Note: This is the sequel to Konoha High.

Chapter 18 - chapter 18

Chapter 18 - chapter 18
Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto!

“I think we have a candidate!” Ino exclaimed.

“So, Hinata, how old is she?” TenTen asked her friend.

“She’s a year younger than us, meaning that she’s a freshman.” Hinata said.

“I honestly don’t think Lee will mind.” Sakura said.

“Ya, he’d be happy to just get a date.” Ino said.

“Ino!” Sakura exclaimed. “Lee’s a really nice guy!”

“Alright, alright, sheesh.” Ino said.

“Do you think she’d agree to it?” TenTen asked.

“I think so, but let me check.” Hinata said. She pulled out her cell phone and dialed a number, then pt it to her ear.

“Akane? Is that you?” Hinata asked. “Ok. How have you been? That’s good. I’ve been good too. Well, listen, I called to ask you a question about your visit this coming weekend. Do you remember that guy Rock Lee? Yes, he’s the one from the picture. Well, we wanted to know if we could try to set you up with him. He actually doesn’t know about it yet. We were thinking we could say you wanted someone to show you around while you were back in town for the weekend. Ok, sounds good. Bye. See you this weekend.”

“So?” Ino asked expectantly.

“She said she’d love to. All we need to do is get Lee to agree to it.” Hinata said.

“This is great!” Sakura exclaimed. “I’m so glad I can do something. I’ve felt so bad about everything that happened between us. And he was so good about it, too.”

“Ok, so who’s going to ask him?” Hinata asked her friends.

“I guess I will.” Sakura said when all of her friends looked at her.

“Well, it was your idea.” TenTen pointed out.

“Ya. I just feel weird asking him to do something with another girl, after I did all that to him.” Sakura said.

“But he’ll know that you really are sorry.” Hinata said.

“Ya, I guess you’re right. I’ll call him tomorrow, ok?” Sakura asked her friends.

“Perfect.” They replied in unison, and then erupted into giggles.

“Alright.” Sakura said. “Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to sleep. Exhaustion has won out. I’m going to be so dead tomorrow.”

“But we all will be. Isn’t being sleep deprived the day after homecoming one of the best things?” Ino asked in a kidding manner.

“Of course.” Sakura said as she crawled into her sleeping bag. “Now good night.”

“Good Night.” Ino replied back in a syrupy sweet tone. Once Sakura had fallen asleep, Ino turned to her friends.

“Watch this.” Ino said as she leaned over towards Sakura. “Sakura, where’s Sasuke?”

“Sasuke?” Sakura mumbled.

“Yes, Sasuke.” Ino whispered into her ear.

“Where…Sasuke?” Sakura mumbled. “Sasuke?” Sakura rolled over in her sleep, mumbling a few things that the girls couldn’t understand. Finally she mumbled, “Ah, Sasuke…I love you too…”

The girls giggled at their friends sleep talking.

“When’d you figure that out?” TenTen asked Ino.

“Seventh grade.” Ino replied. “You just whisper something in her ear, and she starts dreaming about it. She’ll sleep talk, too.”

“Really? Let me try!” TenTen said happily as she crawled over to her friend.

“Sakura, look at the stars.” TenTen whispered into her friend’s ear.

“Stars?” Sakura’s brow wrinkled in her sleep, leaving the girls guessing that the setting of her dream was changing. “Sasuke…they’re…beautiful…”


The girls giggled again, and TenTen said, “Wow, it really does work.”

“I don’t think we should do it again, though.” Hinata said, looking at her friend. “If she wakes up, you know she’ll kill us.”

“Fine, Hinata.” Ino said. “But you know that she sleeps like a log.”

“Yes, but on the off chance that she does wake up…” Hinata said, trailing off.

“Point.” Ino said. “Well, I’m going to follow forehead’s example and go to bed as well. I’ll see you guys in the morning.”

“’Night Ino.” TenTen said.

“Good night.” Hinata said quietly, not wanting to wake their already sleeping friend. TenTen waited for ten minutes until she was sure that Ino was asleep before she turned to Hinata.

“So what are they really up to?” TenTen asked her friend.

“I promised that I wouldn’t tell you.” Hinata said a bit nervously. She didn’t like having to keep the other two girls’ plan from her friend.

“Tell me this, then: Does it involve Neji and I?”’ TenTen asked.

Hinata hesitated fro a moment, wondering if this would count as telling, and then quickly nodded her head.

“I thought as much. Well, as long as they don’t do anything too drastic, nothing awful should happen. I’ll just have to be on the lookout for them.” TenTen said with a sigh. ‘I guess we should be getting to sleep, too, or else those two will have us up a lot sooner than we want to be woken up.”

“I agree.” Hinata said.

“And don’t worry, Hinata, I won’t tell them that I know anything at all. I’ll act like I’m still clueless and suspicious.” TenTen said as she rolled over onto her side.

“Thanks, TenTen.” Hinata said back warmly to her friend. She lay on her back, staring at the ceiling, repaying the events of the night in her head. She’d had the best time with her friends, and of course, Naruto. Her life seemed to be going perfectly for once. She wondered how long this state of happiness would last in her life and her friends’ lives.

A/N: Ok, so this chapter is kind of short. I’m sorry about that. I’ve been writing essays and papers all day (I had a day off from school) and I haven’t had a lot of time to work on this. But it does tell some of what’s going to happen soon. Well, reviews are much appreciated!

Comments

Comments (20)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kagome99 on November 16, 2007, 6:38:23 AM

kagome99 on
kagome99Love the sleep talking!!!!!!!!
AWESHOME!!!!
PEACE AND LOVE

winxgirl21 on November 16, 2007, 6:45:25 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks! ^-^

kagome99 on November 16, 2007, 7:36:39 AM

kagome99 on
kagome99no prob!

AlleyCat17 on November 13, 2007, 3:24:16 AM

AlleyCat17 on
AlleyCat17awesome chapter and i can't wait to see what happens next.

winxgirl21 on November 13, 2007, 8:41:45 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thankies! ^-^

zerotimberwolf on November 10, 2007, 11:44:36 AM

zerotimberwolf on
zerotimberwolfBushy brow is gonna get a girl thats funny

winxgirl21 on November 11, 2007, 6:33:56 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21yupz. ^-^

sasukeXsakuraforever on November 10, 2007, 3:27:52 AM

sasukeXsakuraforever on
sasukeXsakuraforeverHahaha! Poor Sakura, lol. Funny chapter, keep up the nice/funny work!^^

winxgirl21 on November 10, 2007, 6:28:26 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21ya, she was an easy target, though! lol. Thanks for reviewing! ^-^

AnimeAngel87 on November 10, 2007, 2:34:36 AM

AnimeAngel87 on
AnimeAngel87Haha, Nice. *Whispers in Sakuras ears* U just saw Rock Lee nekkid

XD

winxgirl21 on November 10, 2007, 6:26:25 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Omg! Don't give her nightmares! lol.

AnimeAngel87 on November 13, 2007, 4:40:36 AM

AnimeAngel87 on
AnimeAngel87O.O I'd see him nekkid Any day :D

winxgirl21 on November 13, 2007, 8:39:53 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21wow. lolz.

Symphoniaprincess101 on November 9, 2007, 11:27:59 PM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101lol sakura and sasuke sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G first comes love,then comes marrage then come Sakura with the baby cartrige^^

winxgirl21 on November 9, 2007, 11:30:30 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21yes, exactly! lolz. ^-^

GreyPichu on November 9, 2007, 9:40:46 AM

GreyPichu on
GreyPichuha!that was a funny chapter!awesomeness!

winxgirl21 on November 9, 2007, 10:54:05 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks! ^-^

gaaralover1 on November 9, 2007, 9:39:52 AM

gaaralover1 on
gaaralover1I like Sakura's sleep talk...It's funny!! XD

winxgirl21 on November 9, 2007, 10:52:22 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21hehe, Thankies! ^-^

cloudaeris on November 9, 2007, 9:06:46 AM

cloudaeris on
cloudaerisWow.LOL about the whole Sakura sleep talking.That was funny.

winxgirl21 on November 9, 2007, 10:50:01 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks! ^-^

kogalover2013 on November 9, 2007, 10:07:57 AM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013lol cool chap lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol my inner sakuras gonna dream bout saske tonight {dont forget me to}

kogalover2013 on November 9, 2007, 10:09:32 AM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013p.s. write write as fast as u can i need a new chap asap

winxgirl21 on November 9, 2007, 10:55:32 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks for reviewing! And A new chapter should be up next friday if I don't have too much homework.