Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 28 - chapter 28

The Konoha High gang is looking forward to their upcoming Christmas Break,and when a group trip is proposed,everyone is excited.But once again there's drama occuring with love,friendships,new friends and possible rivals,and much more.

Chapter 28 - chapter 28

Chapter 28 - chapter 28
Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto!

“I think I can do that.” Ino said.

“Perfect.” Shikamaru said.

With Temari

Temari watched the dance floor from the refreshment table, looking at Ino and Shikamaru who were dancing happily. “Of course, he’s head over heels for her.” She mumbled unhappily. When she first saw him, she’d immediately thought he was cute. And then she found out he was taken by that overly protective blonde. She sighed to herself, and was startled when she felt a tap on her shoulder. “What do you want Kanku-” She whipped around to find not Kankuro standing there, but a boy she recognized from the hotel staff.

“Sorry if I’m bugging you, but I was wondering if there was any chance that you’d like to dance with me?” He smiled at her, and she looked at him for a second, analyzing his hazel eyes and face.

“Sure, I guess.” Temari replied, accepting the hand he’d reached towards her, allowing him to lead her towards the dance floor. ‘You know, he’s kind of cute.’

“So…”he started, looking her in the eyes. “I know I’ve seen you around the hotel lately, but I think we’ve yet to be properly introduced. I’m Daniel, but you can call me Dan.”

“And I’m Temari.” She said, looking right back at him, not breaking eye contact. ‘Normally a guy would’ve been intimidated by now.’ She mused to herself.

“Well, Temari, it’s really nice to meet you.” Dan said, bowing a little to make her laugh.

His bow did the trick, and she laughed lightly, but only for a second. “It’s nice to meet you too.” She said. ‘He’s kind of funny, too.’

“So, are you enjoying your stay here?” Dan asked her, his eyes still in contact with hers.

“Yes.” Temari replied. “It’s really nice to get such a change of scenery, especially at Christmas time.”

“A change of scenery can be nice,” Dan agreed, “but I wouldn’t want to be anywhere but here on Christmas.”

“Why’s that?” Temari asked, truly curious. He was at his place of employment on Christmas day, and he was saying he wouldn’t want to be anywhere else?

“Because right now I get to be with you. If I was anywhere else this holiday, we wouldn’t have been able to share this dance.” Dan said, smiling at her as the song came to a close.

Temari blushed lightly, something she wasn’t used to doing. She wasn’t exactly sure what to say to that, so she just replied, “Well, we could always dance some more…”

“I like that idea.” Dan said. “So, where are you from?”

“Well, my brothers and I live in Suna.” Temari replied. “It’s all desert there, so we don’t ever see snow. That’s why I thought it would be nice to come here for the holidays. It does them good to get a change in the weather, though they might not agree.”

“Sounds like you care about them a lot.” Dan observed.

“They might not always see it, but I guess I do.” Temari said. “So, have you always lived around here?”

“No, I moved here about two years ago.” Dan said. “I used to live in the city. It’s was quite a change to come live out here, where it’s a bit more rural.”

“Why’d you move out here?” Temari asked him.

“My dad was offered a job by Mr. Yamanaka working at the resort here.” Dan said, with a small smile. “Apparently they knew each other in college, and my dad supervises everything here now. Mr. Yamanaka said that he’s always been a good business man, and that he deserves an opportunity like this.”

“So now you work here, too?” Temari asked him.

“Ya, a job opened up. Dad didn’t want me to take it, because he thought it’d be hard to have him as a boss for me, but Mr. Yamanaka insisted I take it. So here I am.” Dan shrugged.

“Do the other workers know he’s your father?” Temari asked, wondering how that would work out for Dan. Having your father as your boss could sometimes be good, and sometimes be bad. She knew, since she worked at her father’s office.

“Only Mitsuki and Mei.” Dan answered her. “They kind of found out when they came over to hang out one time.” He grinned at the memory. “It was really funny to see their faces when their boss walked into the living room.”

“That would be a shock for anyone.” Temari said with a smile.

“It sure shocked them.” Dan said. “So, back home…do you have a boyfriend or anything?”

‘Hmm…been beating around the bush to get there, huh?’ Temari thought. “At the moment, no.” Temari had had boyfriends before, but everyone back home was just boring, or was only interested in her because her father was the big guy in charge around town. It got old after a while, so she’d chosen to be single and just enjoy being able to flirt to her heart’s content.

Dan smiled at her. “That could work out to be good for me. At least while you’re here, that is.”

“Oh really?” Temari asked. “And why would that be?”

“Because I was wondering if maybe you’d want to go on a date with me?” Dan asked her.

“Hm. I’ll have to think about that.” Temari said, giving a dramatic pause. “I guess that would be fun. So, yes, I’ll go on a date with you, Dan.”

With the Gang

“Hey, have you guys seen Dan?” Mitsuki asked, pausing for a second, her arms still in the air from the way she’d been dancing.

“He’s probably stalking some innocent girl.” Mei joked.

“Seriously, Mei.” Mitsuki said. “I think I’ve seen him maybe twice tonight.”

“Maybe he went home?” Mei suggested.

“You know he wouldn’t.” Mitsuki said. “Not without telling us first.”

“Ok, I’m on this!” Mei said, whipping out her cell phone. “Don’t mean to be rude, Kiba, but I need to find Dan before Mitsuki has a heart attack. And at her age, that could be a very serious thing.”

“Go ahead.” Kiba said, wrapping his arms around her waist from behind her and rocking in tune to the music. “I’m not going anywhere, babe.”


Mei nodded and quickly sent out a message that said ‘Wher r u? If u don’t answr, Mitsukis gonna hav a spazz attack. And if she has a spazz attack, I blame you, and well, you know wat that means…*evil, threatening look* luv Mei’

“He should answer soon if he has his phone with him.” Mei said, turning around to face Kiba and wrapping her arms around his neck even though the song wasn’t currently a slow one. “Happy now, Mitsuki?”

“When he texts back I will be.” Mitsuki replied, starting to dance with Gaara again, but a worried look on her face. Dan was their best friend. He was always with them. And now he wasn’t. It was so weird that they’d hardly seen him, and Mitsuki felt bad about not realizing it until now.

“I’m sure Dan just found some girl to dance with.” Ino added her input to the topic at hand.

“Ino’s probably right.” Sakura added. She didn’t know Dan very well, but he didn’t seem all that shy, so it was highly possible that he’d found some nice girl to dance with.

Just then, Mei’s phone went off, although you couldn’t hear it over the music. But as soon as Mitsuki saw it light up, she made a grab for it.

“Chill, Mitsuki.” Mei said. “I’ll read it.” She unwrapped her arms from around Kiba’s neck and opened the message. ‘On the dance floor. Tell Mitsuki im fine. Seriously. Ill catch up w/ u guys l8r, k?’

“See, Mitskui, I told you he was just dancing with someone.” Ino said.

“I guess you’re right.” Mitsuki said, looking relieved that Dan was having a good time, too.

“So let’s just dance!” Mei exclaimed. “We can bug Dan after the dance.”

“I’m sure he’ll be thrilled.” Mitsuki said with a laugh.

“You know he loves us.” Mei grinned, turning to face Kiba and moving side to side in tune with the music.

“So…Dan?” Kiba asked Mei curiously. Mei examined his expression carefully. Did she see a hint of jealously and concern there?

“My best friend.” Mei explained. “He’s more like my brother. You’d better watch out, he’s extremely over-protective at times. He’s laid down the law about different guys a few times. Although I’m sure you’ll pass inspection.” Mei grinned up at him, waiting to see his face.

“And if I don’t pass?” Kiba asked her, grinning down at her.

“We’ll just have to see, won’t we?” Mei said.

“Guess so.” Kiba replied.

“You know, Ino,” Sakura started, “it would be really fun to have a sleepover after this. And invite Mei and Mitsuki. We can all gossip about everything that happened.”

“I love you, Sakura.” Ino said, grinning at her friend’s idea, and her idea of gossip. Mei and Mitsuki were in for it if they came to the room tonight. Sakura was in a relentless match-making mood, and wanted desperately to see her new friend’s with guys.

A/N: Wow, I finally updated! I tried to make this a little longer than usual, but it isn’t by much. I’m going to start the next chapter right away, because I don’t have a lot of homework for tonight. Though that says nothing of everything I’m putting off, lol. Well, reviews are loved. Without knowing that some of you guys were still waiting on me to update, I’d probably have given up a while ago. Thanks for being there for me, guys! =)Edit: ok, where Mei says 'luv Mei' there was supposed to be a heart instead of luv. but it kept making the rest of the page cut off, soo, improvisions, lol. hopefully this'll work now.

Comments

Comments (12)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

eelchic on February 7, 2010, 4:44:46 AM

eelchic on
eelchicvery very good

erandor3 on June 23, 2009, 11:58:32 AM

erandor3 on
erandor3DUN DUN DUN INO AND SAKURA ARE GOING TO USE THEIR PLANS AGAIN!!!!! and im finally back on here ^^ :3

kogalover2013 on June 10, 2009, 9:15:21 PM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013awsome as always

Symphoniaprincess101 on April 4, 2009, 9:48:46 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101oh wow lol

winxgirl21 on April 7, 2009, 11:22:55 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21lol. you know what's funny? I'm just getting ready to update, and you commented so closely to update time...XD sorry, i'm just a little insane right now...

GreyPichu on January 30, 2009, 11:42:16 AM

GreyPichu on
GreyPichuI'm so glad you updated, It's great! =3

winxgirl21 on January 30, 2009, 11:52:06 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21thanks! =3

Kohakucrazy on January 30, 2009, 10:54:45 AM

Kohakucrazy on
KohakucrazyAWESOME!!!! OOh...Tema's found a boyfriend....* grins evilly* Oh Tema! * goes through the crowd to find her* Anyway..Update please! * has Temari by the arm* We need to chat

winxgirl21 on January 30, 2009, 11:51:28 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21haha, poor Temari!

Kohakucrazy on February 1, 2009, 2:39:46 AM

Kohakucrazy on
KohakucrazyAh she fine....* watches Temari go back to find dan afte rour little chat* Just a little chat....

winxgirl21 on February 1, 2009, 6:01:22 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21lol, ok, then.

zerotimberwolf on January 30, 2009, 8:07:05 AM

zerotimberwolf on
zerotimberwolfThis is good, cant wait for more ^^

winxgirl21 on January 30, 2009, 8:12:12 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21thanks! =) I'm working on the next chapter now and hoping to get a lot of it done..>.<