Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Gararu

I couldn't help myself. I made a second string of territories.

Chapter 2 - Gararu

Chapter 2 - Gararu
* Gararu *

Hey mark. Hey Courtney. Listen, I’m sorry I’m not home with you guys right now. As it turns out there are more territories. When the flume dropped me off I mentally kicked myself for doing this. I had to do it, but I didn’t have to like it. As always there was a pile of clothes waiting in the gate. There was a pair of soft black shorts that sort of felt like cotton. There was also a crude leather belt, attached to two pieces of brightly colored, burlapy feeling cloth with a pattern of vertical stripes. I slipped into the shorts; they were a little longer than my boxers, and actually pretty comfortable. The belt I fastened around my waist, the cloth dangling in front and back of the shorts.
I started to look around for a shirt, but never found one. At that moment a sharp metallic squeal sounded from the far side of the dark room. I backed up against the wall; whatever it was made of it was rough and sharp on my bare back. But, it was better than the quig that, no doubt, owned the beady yellow eyes staring at me. It stepped close enough to see it in the gloom. I wanted to puke. It looked like a possum, and was about the size of a house cat, with mangy white fur and foam around its bald snarling snout. Also, complementing its stubby ears were a black, beetle-like shell, and a black scorpion tail.
It stepped forward again and hissed, but a moment later a large club of weathered wood came down on it, crushing its skull and spraying a disgusting brownish liquid everywhere. I did puke. After emptying my stomach I looked into the dark for my savior and saw, more yellow eyes .I panicked for a moment thinking it was another quig, but then I noticed they had pupils and a sort of intelligence that I can’t quite put my finger on.
“Hello Pendragon,” It said.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment