Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Garau (1)

I couldn't help myself. I made a second string of territories.

Chapter 3 - Garau (1)

Chapter 3 - Garau (1)
*Gararu (continued)*
Whatever it was stepped close enough to see. It was a kid about thirteen or fourteen, with a mop of shaggy black hair; it was tangled up and looked like it had never been washed. He had a hint of a friendly smile, but I was honestly freaked out. Like I said before, he had yellow eyes, but that was nothing now that I could see the rest of him. First, his arms were long, reaching about to his knees. His forearms were covered with thick black fur up to his oversized hands. Next were his feet, the toes looked more like fingers, and the big toe was actually a thumb. And adding to the disturbing effect of it all, he had a tail. I’m serious; he had a long, furry, black tail that dangled out from under the back of the cloth he was wearing. (He had a loincloth-shorts outfit too.)
I stood there for a minute like an idiot, mouth open, catching flies. He shifted on his feet, obviously feeling awkward. I closed my gaping mouth, but still was in total brain lock.
“Uh, you are Pendragon right?” He asked nervously. I nodded dumbly, still a bit too freaked to talk. “I’m Arrol, the traveler from Gararu.” He held out a length of leather chord from around his neck, a traveler ring dangling from it. His tail twitched and moved side to side like a monkeys. I finally got my wits back together; I really shouldn’t have been so surprised after the klees on Eelong, but for whatever reason I was.
“Um, yeah,” I said, “so, Arrol?”
“Yep,” he said, smiling again. “No offense, but you’re a little strange looking,” he said. I was strange looking? Give me a break. “We’ll have to do something about that,” he cocked his head. “You’ll stick out.” Oh geese. He motioned for me to follow, we walked out of the dark room and out to where the lighting was a bit better. I now saw we were surrounded by bark. Weird. He pulled a knife out from under his cloth, note to self: watch out for the clothes on Gararu. He started gently scraping bark off the wall. He started talking as he worked.
“So, I guess you should probably know everything that’s going on here. Since Saint Dane’s here, it means something big’s about to happen right?” I nodded. “Okay, well, let’s see. There’s been a drought lately, I’m not sure it’s such a big deal though. It’s a little dry, but there’s enough water left in the river to last a long time.”
“Are you sure you’re not making this drought sound like it’s not as bad as it is?” I asked, after all, the turning point on Loors home territory, Zadda, was a drought.People almost killed each other over it.
“ No,” He said thoughtfully, “ You can take a look for yourself though if you want.” He motioned towards an opening in the bark cave. I stuck my head outside and got my first look at Gararu. I Gasped.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment